Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Oops!

Justwaiting ยท 2013-02-23 12:43

Well I screwed up. I just hope not too bad. I hope one of you fellas can tell me how bad. I just replaced the injection pump on a LS185B and it all went well till I realized I forgot to unlock the pump. It is trying to start but even after unlocking it, it wont quite make it. So how bad did I mess up? Just

Replies5
  1. #1alrman2013-02-23 23:46

    OUCH!! - Unbolt the pump & take it back to the shop .........then prepare yourself for the next phonecall .......

  2. #2willie592013-02-23 23:59

    Agreed, all you can do is take the injection pump back to the pump shop and keep your fingers crossed.

  3. #3mitch5042013-02-24 03:35

    Guys, I'll say upfront that I'm not even sure what a LS185B is, (Skidsteer :beatsme) but is the timing gear on the pump shaft w/ a key? Could it have just sheared the key?

  4. #4Justwaiting2013-02-24 07:51

    I did finely get ahold of an injection pump shop yesterday. The guy says he doubts I did anything to it, but I am still taking it back to the shop that rebuilt it. The shaft isn't keyed so I am hopeing that happend is that it moved the gear on the shaft some. I was told by another friend that it wouldn't have to move much to cause a lot of problems at higher revolutions. Sigh!!! Thanks for the response guys. Just

  5. #5Justwaiting2013-03-09 08:05

    Well, the pump shop said I didn't harm anything so I am good there, thank goodnes. I did take the injectors in with it and two of them popped at low press and the other is sticking and they had to order parts for it. Hoping to have it back by monday. I am so ready for this thing to be finished. Thanks for the help guys. Just