Whats your opinion on these two machines? Im sure their overall performance will be simular since the machine i think is identical in build. Im just wondering what upgrades the 465 has and if it has any issues the 95xt did not or visa versa. Which machine would be better to keep around ect Thanks for your insites
I have had two 95XT's and one 465. The XT was built around the Cummins motor, so reaching filters and so forth was easier. The 465 has the 4.5 in it and so servicing became more difficult than the XT. Performance wise I preferred the 4.5 to the 3.9T in the XT. The 4.5 recovers faster and just feels more powerful. The 465 was a little more refined, I had few issues with the 465. I would caution you there was a 6 month time frame when CASE did a tandem pump set up that did not work well and they switched back. Don't buy a 465 with that pump set up. I think most service managers are familiar with what I am referring to and can check the serial number to be sure your buying of those machines. Overall I liked the 465 better.
KSSS is correct that certain 465 came with a split pump configuration rather then a tandem, each drive pump was riding on both side of the crankshaft and after some wear would start walking up on the crankshaft until it would snap the crank surprising the repair was cheaper then the original updated price for converting it over to the tandem pumps and this also had its downside " slower top speed". If it does have the split pump configure there is a updated coupler that fixes this issue if it already hasn't been done and it is far cheaper then the repair of a snap crankshaft or the original fix of converting to tandem pumps. Also will add that the 465 never had a decent high flow system compared to the 95xt case offered a true 5000 psi cant remember the gpm 40+? but asphalting guys loved it would spin a 40" cold mill like no ones business. the 465 case tried a BIC kit which is a POS to say the least they tried to get high pressures and flow out of a gear pump and was short lived. Also the drive motors are very different between the 2 95xt came with a far better hydrostatic drive system then the 465, 95xt drive motors went transmit power thru a planetary gear set versus the 465 was a radial piston motor which had some ahh issues I will say. Both engine where made by CDC which was a partnership between cummins and CNH for the north American market and EEA for the European market only differences are liters.