Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

OPINIONS on JCB ROBOT 190

wilddanz71 ยท 2009-04-09 06:48

What is every ones opinions on JCB skid steers? can anyone explain there control setup? Do they have feet/hand or something that you can switch to make them hand controls only? And who makes there engine, there spec sheet says DIESELMAX TC-63? what is that? It has 84hp!! I found a used 04 190 with 600hrs for a good price, but I dont know much about them. any opinions good or bad, would be great. THANKS DAN

Replies11
  1. #1Squizzy246B2009-04-09 07:03

    I assume you've had a look at MAchinery Trader. JCB site might have some info: http://www.jcbna.com/products/2-construction/9-skid-steer-loaders/

  2. #2wilddanz712009-04-09 11:31

    I have looked at both. I am wondering if you guys like them or hate them. are the junk, or porly built?

  3. #3KSSS2009-04-09 19:42

    I think JCB has been working hard at making this machine competetive. The ones I ran were loud, the control system was hand control servo as I recall. Visibility was nonexistant on the right side. Cab sucked. However the newer ones may be better. They don't resale well here in the States. May be better else where. JCB does not enjoy the success here that they do in other places around the world. Personally I think the side access is neat but not really necessary. I don't see the big safety issue with the more conventional skid steers. No doubt that going in from the side reduces chances of slipping on the bucket as you are getting in. It makes stepping under the raised bucket to get in a thing of the past. So they are no doubt more safe from that aspect. A JCB would be one of the last of my personal options but if you find value in the side access, it is your only choice in machines.

  4. #4wilddanz712009-04-09 20:28

    Ok so we got 1 vote for THEY SUCK, any more opinions?

  5. #5wilddanz712009-04-09 20:30

    how about POWER or RELIABILITY, or any PROBLEM AREAS?

  6. #6therealjohnboy2009-04-09 22:04

    I nearly bought the next model bigger 1110T it was very powerful but the cycle time was too slow for loading trucks had to stop and wait for the bucket all the time

  7. #7wilddanz712009-04-10 19:50

    Any one know more about there controls? I am going tomorow at 9 am with cash and my trailer. Im going to low ball him if I like the skid steer.

  8. #8lostinfrance2009-04-11 03:04

    diesel max jcbs own engine at least in the bigger machines perhaps in the smaller ones made by someone else and rebadged. Dont jcb hold the world record for the fasted diesel engine in the world done to promote their engine?

  9. #9KSSS2009-04-11 20:11

    I would be sure to spend a signifcant amount of time in it if possible. I would then go run some of the other options you may have, before kicking down for one.

  10. #10wilddanz712009-04-12 06:29

    Well I ran it for a little while, and I liked it alot. I bought it for $13K it only has 598hrs. It has servo joystic controls. witch I like alot, that is what sold me. I know it isnt a CAT, but for the money it should be a good machine for me for a while.

  11. #11JCBgm2009-04-12 20:05

    Sounds like you got a good deal. An '04 version would be Perkins powered. They starting putting the DieselMax in skidsteers in '08.