Just picked up an older Toyota SDK8 with 1,300 hours. I'm not finding a lot of info so I thought I'd post what I find as I go over it. I'd appreciate if anyone can fill in the gaps, add to the list, make corrections and share experience with the machine. I'm hoping a service manual shows up on eBay or Amazon soon. Can't wait to use it! Fuel Filter Napa 3386 Oil Filter Napa 1521 Hydraulic Napa 51551 Fan Belt Mitsubishi 99523-11 52 Hydraulic Oil ???? Chain case Oil ???? USA Parts sources ????
G,day Ralph, common as doggy doo doo down her and a good solid machine. I rate them every bit as reliable as the Case 1845's. I often wondered if they were marketed under a different name elsewhere in the world. I don't have much time on them but every second operator round here has one. Parts are easy to come by here in the Down Under but I can't help you in the states. I guess look for a Toyota Industrial Forklift dealer as they have the line on parts here.
Good post, squizz. The Toyota skid is rare here in the states. With Bobcat, Cat, Case, Deere, Gehl, Tac; it's hard for Toyota to nudge into the market here. I agree, your Toyota Industrial Truck dealer should be able to help you out with parts.
Thanks for info! It seems well laid out and many of the parts look "off the shelf". Does anybody know what hydraulic fluid Toyota calls for? Is it normal to see ground below the pedals? Don't know if it's a design feature so guck does not gather below the pedals or if I'm missing a plate. I'll be pushing trees and brush so I wonder if it will be a problem with branches snaking my pedals.
Ralph, over here, in the heat, the Toyota guys run 15W40 Diesel Engine Oil. I think the hole in the floor is how many of them come. I notice the latest models are starting to get a few creature comforts in the cab but the anything past the last 2 years was pretty basic.
well we have got a toyota 4sdk8 with aropung 700hrs bought 4 around $48,000au new and we are about 2 get a new 1 lol it has only heen rolled once we were at a job when he turned span the skidsteer around and went over the crossover and over a pile of dirt just under half a foot and there was 3 tires with air and 1 solid and the machine started to go off to the side and on two tires because the solid didnt bounce back up like the air ones would and it was tipping so he started to drop the arm down to the ground but it was to late so he held his head and held on tight. after that he backed the truck up withh about 6 foot of chain and put it over the machine and put it on the volvos truck n10s tailgate and flipped it back over he checked the oilsw and there was no leaks then started it up and it went then he finished the job. T O Y O T A S N E V E R D I E
I had a sdk8 about 15yrs ago. It was a very solid machine and built well, anything toyota builds is good stuff in my opinion.
I just bought one of these and was wondering if anyone else has one. Once I have my 3 post count up I will post the details put I am hoping to get some advice on an issue I am having with it. Seems like there are a lot of peple on herre with knowledge on just about every model out there.
Service Manual Available!! Please send your business to these guys! I asked Adam Smith at ACT Forklift in Winston Salem, NC (336 803-0698 [email protected] ) if a manual for my SDK-8 was available. When I got back home a 330 page pdf file was waiting in my mailbox. I'll be reading myself to sleep tonight. This is better than a new Tom Clancy novel! I've been using it to clear lots in the Carolina mountains and it's worked even better than I hoped it would. This is a rare bird and I'm glad there is support available. Ralph
Ralph, Any chance you could e-mail me a copy of that manual. I would be forever in your debt! Thanks, Eric
Have had one for 20 years In 20 years, I have had one rusted teleflex cable for the safety bar, one rusted fuse end, one corroded terminal, one replacement seat (I keep it outside) and several battery replacements. I understand that Toyota stopped selling them here in the US some 15 or so years ago due to dealers exporting new machines to other countries. I also understand that fork lifts went at the same time. I would like to locate an after market muffler which would be my largest repair to date. The thing runs like a top, just don't run out of fuel as it is the hardest to prime diesel that I have ever owned. So my request to you is "where can I find an after market muffler, close to bolt in".
sdk8 manual ralph is there anyway i could also get a copy of that manual , i would be glad to pay ?
Toyota SDK8 Hydraulic Fluid notes For the record - Hydraulic fluid in Toyota 2SGK, 2SDK6, 2SDK7, 2SDK8 Automatic Transmission Fluid - Type F 6.6 Gallons (25L) Service manual also specifies 1.5L (.4 Gal) additive. Dealer was not able to obtain Lubrizol additive without ordering from Japan. Sounds like most people skip it and that may be reason it is not easy to obtain. He was not able to tell me what it is supposed to do. Ordered some rubber boots, and a intake coolant hose. Parts seem to be readily available for my 2SDK8 machine. So far I've put 100 hours on the machine on steep terrain and have been pleased. It's coming up on 1,500 hours.
Implements on Toyota 2SDK8 Coupling is not standard. I was able to adapt a new grapple bucket to machine by welding some "ears" above the lower attachment points to engage the pins. They should be easy to remove if I ever get a machine with the standard attachment plate. If anyone has converted to the standard mount, please share since that would be the ideal solution! It would be nice to have the simplicity of a pre-computer machine and be able easily use any implements.
SDK8 service manual I recently picked up a SDK8 Skid steer with some mechanical issues, I'm trying to find service manual on machine, I see you have access to a manual, how can I get copy, I will gladly pay, can you help me out?
toyota 2sdk8 I have 330 page pdf files on Toyota Skid Steer Loader Models 2sgk6, 2sdk6, 2sdk7, and 2sdk8 models. This has all the information that is available on these models. It will tell you everything there is to know about the Toyota Skid Steer Models I have listed above.
toyota 2sdk8 I own a 1988 Toyota 2SDK8 Skid Steer and it is a very strong and dependable machine. It has been roughed up a bit with true hours unkown. It seems to have a lot of hours by the way it looks, not by the way it drives. The hour meter does not work. I have driven cats, bobcats, and john deers, and will put this 1988 2sdk8 against any of those other 1988 models!!! This machine does not smoke, no blow by, hydrolics strong, and runs solid like a champ!! I highly recommend the 2sdk8....
Does anyone know what the two wires coming off pos. battery post? looks like possibly a type of fuseable link.
SDK8 Manual G'day Ralph and others! I have just finished a bit of a rebuild on an 2SDK8, which involved making up new pins and bushes, seal kits thru the lift and curl cylinders, a few other leaks etc. I have found this thread whilst looking for a manual for this beast, and would seriously appreciate any assistance in getting a hold of a copy of the 330 page .pdf discussed in this thread! Cheers Marcus in Perth West Oz
SDK8 repair manual Would someone please send me the PDF file for the Toyota SDK8 repair manual. I will be happy to pay thank you for your help. Eric
I would love to have a coppy of this PDF file if possible, my machine is broke down at this moment, in need of help. also need to know the type of hydr/trans fluid it uses also. thanks for any and all help in advance. joe1045 at yahoo
Tatony, how do i get a copy of the files on the toyota 2sdk8--landman2
i really need a copy of that service manual too. I've been running my sdk8 for about 500 hours in the last year but the charging system is not working. I would like to get that fixed up.
hyd oil You asked what type of hyd oil to use! When i got my sdk8 it had motor oil in and it worked good. When i was changing filter i thought i should change it back to automatic type F fluid as the sticker on the side of the machine states. That oil is very expensive. After i did that it leaks much worse. Think i'll be changing back to motor oil, at the next oil change.
I too have a SDK8 that I just acquired. I am having a problem with the pedals being stuck so the bucket will not curl back up. The pedals both move together instead of independently. I will also change the filters and will use the type f since it seems that was in there before. I'm glad to find others who run this unit. I would also be interested in the pdf of the manual.
There is a cable that runs from the safety bar to the pedals ,that lock the pedals .This will be your problem i think.. Ian .
Was just noticing the number of folks on here that are after the pdf manual for the Toyota. Had a quick look on the net and came up with a link that appears to have the material. (see below) Hope it is the one you need. Sure wish I could find one for a Case 1845C. Z http://www.z-car.com/SDK8/Toyota_Skid_Steer_sdk6-8_repair_manual.pdf
Hi all - Bert from NZ - Just got a 2SDK8 in Jun needing some work, being an aircraft engineer I enjoy refurbishing older toys - pdf manual for these can be downloaded for free on Gary's skid steer site http://www.z-car.com/SDK8/Toyota_Skid_Steer_sdk6-8_repair_manual.pdf Anyone kowing if there is any being wrecked? need EDIC motor and relay
I was recommended by Mobil expert in Aussie (yeh hard to believe!) to use Mobil AgriSuper for all the oils in the skidsteer - the hydraulic filter part number is NAPA 1551 WIX 51551 DONALDSON P551551 Its a pretty standard 10 micron type hydraulic filter - dont use car filters!
Has anyone's hydraulic oil been black as the ace of spades?? either mine has an internal leak from hyd pump or some sod has put used engine oil in it. Phil in the states is putting up a site with pics - sometimes very helpful when things are missing! http://web.me.com/sontours/Toyota_Skid_Loaders/Welcome.html
Ralph I have a SDK-8 also and have been looking for a service manual. Great machine but is starting to have some electrical issues. Can you forward the 300 page manual you recieved. Would greatly be appreciated!
Skidsteer manual free download for 2SDK6 through to 8 at http://www.z-car.com/SDK8/Toyota_Skid_Steer_sdk6-8_repair_manual.pdf cheers Bert
otherwise anyone wanting manual in pdf form email me at [email protected] Bert
Help!!! i'm looking at a getting a skid steer and see that there are a few Toyota's for sale in my price range, can anyone tell me the specs of a 4SDK8? OR a 4SDK10??? thanks Alex
I just bought an SDK8 and found this thread while looking for info, and it was a great help! I needed the wiring diagram in the manual to get it running. I haven't researched it enough yet to know what year mine is, but it has the 2J diesel engine in it. It had sat for several years after the man that owned it had passed away. the last person to try and start it may have done something wrong and fried something because there was no response when you turned the key on. No voltage. I swapped batteries, no change. Checked all fuses, all ok. Followed the wires to see if mice had chewed them, all good. We ended up running a jumper wire from the battery to the ignition switch and spliced it with the "battery" wire from the harness to energize everything else on that circuit. Turned the key and the panel came to life! But still would not start. I unplugged the starter relay since it was not clicking when the key was turned and applied voltage from my jumper directly to the plug to engage the starter and it fired up! Before adding the jumper, we tested for voltage along the harness and I had 12 volts at the ignition switch but only when the "battery" wire was disconnected. Connect it to the switch and voltage was 6. The switch works now with the jumper so I don't think the switch is bad. I'm going to open up the harness and work my way back and see what I find, maybe it's just a corroded connection somewhere. And get a new starter relay. I did notice a bit of banging from the left front corner when it turns. Not really jerking or a vibration while it was banging, but it's only from the left corner, behind the wheel. It doesn't matter which directing you turn, or which lever you push or pull. Going forward or back it's fine in a straight line, but as soon as you turn, bang bang bang. Like a loud knock. Sounds like someone is hitting the metal with a sledge hammer. Would a bad axle bearing or chain sprocket cause that noise? Does anyone know of a parts list for this machine? A break down of all the parts with part numbers? Thanks for the help! I'll post pictures at some point.
See attachments, I believe all Australian 4SDK-8's are the "H" model.
Hi all just found this site and have downloaded the service manual,thanks for who ever posted the link. I do have a parts book I will try and find. Cheers Patch
The parts book I have is for a 3SDK 7-8. I own a 2SDK8 , looks the same.
For a cheap skid steer you are beter of buying a cheap Deere Newholland Case Bobcat Ghel of the same years Toyota Skid Steers are to rare here to be a wise by they are almost grey market but they are not
Rare??? I don't know where "somewhere" is exactly, but your name hiluxman suggests you are aussie. I would have said that Gehl was a far rarer beast to be honest at least where I come from. If you browse the machinery trader magazines etc toyota is very well represented and their prices hold up well. Up until the release of the 5SDK series there was no high flow option available which restricted them in some markets, but most people are best served staying away from high flow anyway unless brunning an attachment that demands it. A toyota has the advantage of being easy to work on and has a very simple electrical system. Also they spec up quite well alongside similar sized machines.
I just got an sdk8 and it great. I'm in georgia and am looking for attachments.
Does anyone know if grouser bar tracks will fit this machine without spacers?
Hi Ralph are you interests in selling your Toyota if you still have it
Ralph. Purchased these some years back from where I purchased the machine new. Engine Oil filter - (Denso15601-78101-71 Hyd. Oil filter - (Denso 67512-41803-71 Fuel Filter - (FP-588F) Note: Toyota decided in the 90's to quit importing to the US skid steers thanks to our rampant lawsuits. I had to do some major engine work on my SKD-8 in the 2000's do to loaning my machine to an idiot. I found all parts available from Japan. I love my machine. Purchased it new in the 80's and currently have a little over 700hrs on it. My Toyota Material Handling distributor has access to parts. Good Luck
Hi Ralph. Terry here again. Several years ago I purchased a 3rd party adapter plate for my SDK-8. It was not cheap, but once i adapted it to my machine (a day of welding) it will accept any "bobcat" ready attachment. The side benefit of the plate is that it tilts. Using that feature with the digging bucket makes leveling easy.
Hello, This is my first post...I know this thread has been cold for a while but I have just bought a toyota 4sdk8 with a Toyota 1DZ-II engine. Does anyone have access to the manual for this skid steer? Many thanks, Nick
I can email you a copy of both the owners and workshop manuals, plus I have a good friend who has done the official Toyota training on these machines so can get advice if need be. Send me a PM and I will email them to you. Regards Karl.
Hi Karl, you are a life saver. I have tried to pm you but apparently I don't have sufficient privileges. Could you try pm'ing me if possible, perhaps I would be allowed to reply to a PM. otherwise I will post my email address here and hope not to get spammed! Many thanks Karl!!!
Thanks Karl, I replied to you PM. I hope it didn't end up in your junk folder...
HI Karl, I am wondering if you still have a copy of these manuals and if so how can I get a copy?
Hi Karl, This is my first post as well as Nick009, with the exact same question,could you please email me the owners and workshop manuals for the Huksi 4SDK8 as well. Been all over the internet looking for anything. Much appreciated, Porky. [email protected]
I've sent them to your email Porky. Its about 10MB, if it doesn't come through I'll break it up into smaller emails...
Hi ther im from perth and just purchased a 3sdk8 with a 1dz engine ??? I have read the thread's and was wondering if possible I could get a emailed copy of a workshop or/ and parts manual?. I would realy appreciate it as she needs a little tlc but I got her cheap and only need to do small jobs around home. I thank you for your help.. Regards
Sorry if not available is threr a suitable replacement like the 2sdk8 of 4sdk8/7
I am guessing that the 4SDK8 may be the closest match as the 2SDK doesn't use the 1DZ engine from memory. Send me a PM with your email address and I can sort you out. I think I also have a 2SDK manual on file as well so I can cover both bases if need be.
Thanx a heap karl, That is great help and my email is [email protected] Kind regards Daniel Wilson
I too would give up my lefty to have a manual for the 4sdk8. If anyone could forward it to me that would be much appreciated. I have looked everywhere for this and found nothing till today. [email protected] Thanks in advance.
Hi mate, I can send them to you when I get home from work today.
That would be awesome Nick Thanks very much.
I've sent you a link rayspr
Thanks Nick, this will make things so much easier.
Hi Guys, it seems there are quit a few skd8's in service. I recently picked one up in Thailand for a job. A couple week into the job I lost a drive bearing unit. Very hard to find in Thailand. I called Australia and was quoted 14,000AUD for the part. Thats the cost of a good used car! Is that really what is cost to keep these things going? Anyone have another resource I can use to repair my rig? Thanks
I reckon you will need to try machinery wreckers for a second hand part. Is the unit repairable?
FWIW, I use AW ISO 32/46/68 multi-vis hydraulic oil in all of my equipment. I would never run ATF in a heavy equipment hydraulic system mainly because of it's formulation.
I've heard a lot of people do that and it sounds a much better idea, much kinder to pumps and motors. How did you go about purging the system when you made the swap on your Huski?
Hi karl can you send it to me please my email is [email protected]
I bought a toyota sdk8 and i need to bye a few parts anybody know where can i buy used or new parts or where can i order parts online I'm in new york thanks!
Hi, here are a few pictures of my sdk8 i just bought but i don't know what year is can enybody can tell me in what area its located the year of my sdk8 thanks
Your best bet for a manual would be to download it from here. http://www.z-car.com/SDK8/Toyota_Skid_Steer_sdk6-8_repair_manual.pdf
Hey Squizzy246b, I am close you in Thailand. Do you have any numbers where I can get used parts for the SDK8? I am in a bug need for them. I think there are only 8 in Thailand!
Hi Karl, you wouldn't happen to know of a couple of good wrecking yards where I could find parts for my sdk8 would you?? I am starting to get desperate!
What about parts in Georgia are difficult to get it ?
Hi Karl I`ve got a Toyota 4sdk8 and having a few problems with brake not unlocking. I need to pull it apart and see whats going on or maybe you have some advise on what to do. Those manuals you have would be a great help. Hope to hear from you. Cheers! Jim
Another newby wanting the manuals [email protected] Thanks heaps Pauls.
Bump, help. Mines running awesome except 4>1 bucket not opening closing, think its a electric thing???
I get parts for the 2SGK6 & 2SDK7 / 8 from the Toyota forklift dealer. They have access to the parts breakdowns. Their knowledge of the product is limited because they more than likely did not sell the units originally in the US as there was separate skid steer dealers. Toyota pulled out of the US in 1993. A shame.
I have the same problem with the hydraulic oil being so black, do i drain and start over .....still trying to figure it out
Hey guys! Back after a few years, bought my own SDK8 now, and doing some repairs/overhaul before taking it up the hill to do some work. The dash is my current exercise, and when cleaning the gauges etc, I found i needed to make some tools up. Due to the magic of 3D printing and the internet, i have made these tools available for you to download if you need them, http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:510484 http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:510493 http://www.thingiverse.com/thing:510513 I also now have a copy of the users manual as a pdf if anyone is still chasing this
I also now have a copy of the users manual as a pdf if anyone is still chasing this[/QUOTE] could you send me a copy of the user manual [email protected] thank you so much d
Hi, You seem to know a lot bout electrics. Would you know what cca is needed in a new battery? It's not pulling the starter after a couple of starts. So maybe I need a stronger battery. Also is a 4x4 battery required, because of all the rough stuff? Thank's in advance Cheers Wolf
I just purchased a SDK8. I want to operate a snowblower thru the unit's hydraulic system. Have not hooked up any attachment to the unit as of yet. I am not sure how the middle pedal operates. Can someone fill me in?
Center pedal... Press toe - fluid goes one way Press heel - fluid goes other way Center - No flow If you guess wrong when you set up your hoses, simply switch end fittings. So with grapple or 4-in-one bucket, one way opens, other closes. Trencher ran forward or reverse. You blower will probably run both ways too.
Thanks Greenstreet! Is there a mechanism to set the pedal for continuous flow, say for the snowblower, without holding the pedal down manually?
Sorry, I don't have my Toyota anymore and I did not have anything that needed continuous flow. You could keeping your foot on the pedal but after one season, you'd probably move south! Just because I did not stumble upon it, does not mean Toyota does not have you covered. Hope you enjoy your TDK8 as much as I did mine. It served me well.
Hi All Hoping for some help and guidance for a Newbie 4sdk8 owner. I bought an old Huski to do a few jobs around the place like level my driveway. I am wondering if the 4sdk8 has a float option like a Bobcat to help with levelling? I can get my driveway smooth but not flat ,seems to go up and down over like a roller coaster, my machine is so old and i have no operation guide. If anyone has an operators manual and service manual i would appreciate a copy or help with operation tips would be greatly appreciated.. Cheers Dave
Hi Guys, We have just bought a 4SDK8 with issues.. There is oil getting into the cooling system.. Has anyone heard of this and is their any chance we could get a copy of the 4SDK8 manuals emailed to us.. It would be greatly appreciated. Our email address is [email protected] Thanks Nick
Look for an oil cooler that uses coolant, would be a lot easier fix that a head gasket or something of the sort.
There is a float function on a 4SDK8, to use it all you do is push the pedal that raises and lowers your boom all the way forward as if you were lowering the bucket until you feel a click. You are now in float mode. PM me with your email address and I can send you both user, service manuals and risk assessments.
Check your inbox. Regards Karl.
I live in upstate New York State, USA. Any ideas on the best hydraulic fluid to use for my area? I am still searching, have had a few suggestions
Thanks for that Karl.. Todd we are hoping it's an oil cooler. The bloke we bought it off reckons it has a porous block.. Does anyone know how we can get hold of an 1DZ Engine Repair Manual (CE618).. Thanks Nick
Hi Karl The site won't let me PM you. Please email to daveandchris.stean at BigPond.com Cheers Dave
Email sent.
Hey guys I just picked up a Toyota SDK 8 Skid Steer From an auction. It neads a new radiator and I was wondering if any of the more common brands have a radiator that is interchangeable or will work. Also would love to get my hands on a manual. Would be willing to pay. Thanks and look forward to the advice.
If you still have that PDF manual I would love to get a copy. My email is [email protected] Also need to replace the radiator on my SDK8 and was wondering if there as a more common brand that would work or if there is a source here in the states. Thanks Ezio
I have a mid 80's skd8 and I cannot dump or lift the bucket to full height Unless I manually operate the valves with a screw driver or vise grips. If I use those tools everything seems to operate normally. If I use the peddles they are counter productive. Both(looking down) left and middle valves moved simultaneously only allowing the bucket to raise or lower a foot or two. Not sure if it's the linkage or valves themselves. Any ideas, much appreciated!
It's been a long time since I had the Toyota and started the thread. Are all the cables operating smoothly? Hope it will be as disconnecting at the valve and finding out that they are binding and all you have to do is replace them. If you have to order, make sure you can get any fitting off the old cable so you don't have to order them separate. Don't ask why I know that...
No cables that I could see under the peddles, just linkage. But when I push down on the right peddle the left peddle goes down too and vice versa are they supposed to move together....
Sorry for the bum info on the cables. But those pedals control separate operations and are independent of each other. Something is binding and if you are lucky the pedal assembly just needs to be taken apart, wire brushed, and greased. Can you unhook at valve end and see if linkage is smooth or is something gummed up making the pedals work together? Then you can figure out the right cuss words needed to get it out...
I have stomped on the peddles top of the left bottom of the right. They don't budge. I thought the middle peddle was for the attachments only but if I massage that peddle and play with one of the other two peddles I can get the boom to raise, weird? I'll have to see if I can take the peddle assembly apart. Keep the info. Coming.
problems with ignition switch; my dash lights (2sdk8) are no longer working that includes fuel, charging, etc. was working fine, then I hooked up lights front and back, with a new primary wire from battery to relays and they controlled by new switches. the switch and relay are powered from the ignition switch. previously unused posty/ that works fine. any help?
Had the same problem. The seat pan had corroded and seat switch fell apart. Disconnected the pedal lock solenoid and linkage but also stripped down and cleaned pedal assembly
I can find the service manual online; but does anyone have access to the handbook that should be in the cab? I would like to know what the various lights represent on the dash: And specifically; what this indicates: https://goo.gl/photos/Z5vc5EwsR81EY2tj8 Any advice greatly appreciated. The unit still seems to operate fine, but do not want to run it with warning lights present.
(if you click on the image, it will play a short video) https://goo.gl/photos/Z5vc5EwsR81EY2tj8
Thank you very much; that is useful to know. It appears that it is flashing the lights for: 6. Sedimenter Warning Lamp - Drain Water 7. HST Oil Filter Warning Lamp - Change Transmission oil filter 8. Air Cleaner Warning Lamp - Clean or Replace Filter My guess is that this is a service reminder? Does the booklet give any indication of what it means if these lights are flashing?
Hi Karl, very sorry to trouble you as well, but I wondered whether it would be possible to receive a copy of a parts manual or similar for the 4sdk8? In particular I'm after part numbers for the drive motors, gear pumps etc. Thanks heaps - Dan - auslushplants at gmail dot com
Hi Karl, very sorry to trouble you as well, but I wondered whether it would be possible to receive a copy of a parts manual or similar for the 4sdk8? In particular I'm after part numbers for the drive motors, gear pumps etc. Thanks heaps - Dan - auslushplants at gmail dot com
Hi I'm looking at a late eighties 2 skd8 it runs great but it's getting hydraulic fluid in the engine and there was an O ring found in the oil filter anybody have any ideas?
Not a valid answer from a mechanic here-but flashing lights on OBD 2 on autos & trucks indicate a problem with the system--seems that you might have a full compliment of water in fuel system-oil filter plugged up and air cleaner needs replacement???
Hello Gentlemen, from Australia. My first post to this excellent forum and of course I am asking for help. I'm going to look at a mid 80's SDK8 tomorrow. I've been offered it for $3000 with a 4in1 bucket and forks so it sounds pretty good to me. Trouble is its not moving because the owner heard a bang like it had hit a rock and the left side of the machine 'froze'. The engine runs OK, the right side works, and loader hydraulics work. Its just the left side thats jammed, so the machine will just go around in circles. If I buy this, and take a punt that I can fix it, I will first need to winch it onto a trailer. But how do I do that with the locked wheel problem described above? I've read the SDK repair manual mentioned in this thread and it appears I might have 2 options. The easy option might be to loosen the HST bypass valve/s mentioned on page 161. The tougher option is to remove one or both of the left side chains. Can anyone comment on this? Do I understand correctly that these are the only ways to freewheel a SDK or is there something I have missed. Thanks in advance. Alchemysa.
I had a look and I think it could be the deal of the year. $3000 including forks, a 4in1, and 2 more buckets. The engine sounded sweet too. But I decided its just too big for me. Its a seriously heavy duty piece of gear. I'm really just looking for something small. I think the chain problem could be something simple. It just sounds like its coming off one of the axle sprockets. Anyone who has the space, time and lifting gear might be able to fix it quite cheaply. I think its the very first version by the way. It has a single endless chain on each side rather than dual chains as on later models. Back to the search.
I have an '89 2sdk8 and need a cylinder rod for a dump cylinder, is anyone parting one out? Thanks!!!!
Can I ask what you did about the radiator? replace/repair?
Is manual still available? Hello all, I have attempted to download the SDK manual mentioned near the beginning of this thread, but the download always fails. I wonder if it is no longer being hosted or is corrupted. Does anyone have a copy that they could repost and/or send via email? I have a 1989 2SDK7 and am looking for service and operating manuals for it. Thanks
Toyota SDK8 Cab Enclosure Hi I have a Toyota SDK8 skid loader and I would like to enclose the cab. I am okay with the plastic cab doors but my problem is I can't find anyone (local or online) that's makes van enclosures for the Toyota. Has anyone bought a cab enclosure for their Toyota? And if so, from where?? Thanks for the help!
I looked at a really rough Toyota skid steer for sale recently - they seem really stout. This one had a rusted out bucket and wanted to creep to one side constantly but it was still really tight for what it was. Oh and a lift pump leak that was all over the top of the engine. I didn't buy it but I like them. Good luck on the machines.
What's a 'Van' enclosure? Is that a vinyl enclosure?
HELLLLLLOOOOO!!! As with so many other's in this tread.. I joined up because I CANNOT For the life of me find a Manual online for the 4SDK8!!!!! . found the 2sdk8.... but that's no good! If anyone has had any luck with this.. I'd really appreciate if you could email it to me [email protected]
Help Please!! I have a 2SDK-8 that had spun a rod bearing. I was able to find all the parts but can't seem to find any information on the actual 2J engine. I'm needing the engine assembly information for things like piston ring installation, torque spec & sequences, cam timing, injection pump timing, valve adjustment, etc. I have the 330 page manual but it doesn't cover any of the internal engine assembly information. Anyone have a 2J diesel engine manual? [email protected]
By the way, I've seen during my searches on the 2SDK8 several people had asked about switching out to universal quick attach. I converted my Toyota quick release bucket over to the universal skid steer quick release to have better options. If anyone is interested in information or pics just let me know.
I've had requests for the pics of the conversion. I can't find the ones I took during the process so these are the best I have. I bought the quick attach adapters from Titan Attachments.
You can't really see it good in the pics, the best in the last photo, but I had to shorten the lock handles on the adapters I got from Titan to keep them from hitting when you tilted the bucket all the way back. It was either shorten the handles or extend the adapters out which would lower your lifting capacity a little. I opted to keep the bucket as close to the original position as possible.
Has anyone found a parts manual or catalog for the SDK8? Looking for hydraulic oil pump inlet and outlet O-rings among other things. I have the service manual, but not way to find part numbers online. Thanks to all who contribute!
I am looking at my operators manual for a 2sdk7 model--Illistration # 6701 Main oil pump assy part name code 6701-AH 2ea required. I don't know if the pump is the same or different between the sdk7-8? I can send u a picture later of the whole sheet if required. You will have to contact a authorized toyota equipment dealer to get the corresponding part number/s.....Dano
Would someone care to send the pdf file, email is lannysutton at gmail. Does it have the specs on the hydraulic system? Want to know if it has enough flow and pressure to run a tree saw. Thanks!!!!
Hi Guys, Hoping someone can help me out with a spare parts catalogue/manual and 2J engine manual for an 2SDK8 Skid steer. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Does anyone also have a good suppliers details for spare parts? Looking for a crankshaft. Thanks!
Hi all, new to the forum from Georgia (us). I just picked up what I believe to be 1987 sdk8. It actually runs and operates pretty well. It has a few hydraulic leaks here and there but doesn't seem like anything major. I've downloaded the 330 page manual on this thread. A little background on myself, I have restored a few cars and I really enjoy fault finding and fixing hidden problems that many have tried and given up on. I am not a formally trained mechanic, just mechanically inclined. A couple questions, First, does anyone know the id of the lower oil cooler line? Mine has a pretty good tear in it and I would like to have a new line ready to go back on when I pull the old one off. Also in my last picture the arrow is pointing at another one of my leaks, the previous owner tried to put some rtv on there , surprisingly enough it did not fix the leak... Is this a common leak point? Can I remove those 4 bolts and make a gasket for it or will a bunch of parts fly out if I open it up? Is there a website / good source for parts on these machines? I'm missing the cap for the hydraulic oil tank. Does anyone know of replacement cap that will fit on there? Thanks in advance!
From the pictures you listed I cannot identify any oil leaks-can you be more specific and send more pics?
Oil is slowly seeping from the cover over this part and through bolt holes. I'm thinking I need to remove the 4 bolts, pull the cover off and make a new gasket for it. I just wanted to make sure that if I pull it off a bunch of parts wouldn't just pop out? What is this part called? What is directly behind the cover? Is it safe to remove while still mounted on the machine. Ive fixed a few of the major leaks already and have about 4 hrs of seat time in it so far and it's working pretty good overall. Do you know where to source cylinder seals for the boom lift? I highlighted where oil is seeping from in this picture.
Don't pull the cover. This is your pump for your lift/curl/aux hydraulics. See the picture for what it looks like apart. My buddy pulled his apart from the front side of the machine like you are asking about. Bad idea. There are 2 or 4 bolts that hold the whole pump on the housing that you loosen from the back of the machine. Loosen and remove the inlet and outlet flanges first. Careful they have O-rings in the flanges. I went down the leaky pump road as well, he had a small leak like you probably have. We got a seal kit and put it all back together and had bigger issues. Then the guy who sold us parts informed us that aluminum pumps weren't really meant to rebuild and tried to sell us a pump. This is the pump I ended up buying. $408 to my door with a 1 year warranty. http://www.forkliftpartsworld.com/TOYOTA_FORKLIFT_HYDRAULIC_PUMP_p/67110-41800-71.htm?CartID=1 We had to get bolts and nuts because the new housing wasn't threaded like the original, but it was identical otherwise and have had zero issues since. Spend the $400 once and remove the headache. Toyota wanted over $1000 for the same pump. Let me know if you have other questions on this, it wan't very many beers ago that I did this job.
I just welded up an adapter for Toyota sdk8 to common quick attach. Bought titan attachments weldable quick attach, and welded a Toyota plate from a bucket to the new QA assembly. $379 to the door. Added Reese hitch for versatility.
That's a pretty sweet adapter plate. I just ordered a fork attachment from titan and I'm very happy with it. Rather than make an adapter plate I modified the attachment. Once I had my forks set up I used the machine to move a 10x12 shed. I put hd casters under one side then lifted up the other side with the machine and walked it across the property to its new resting place. The next day I had a few more loads of dirt brought in but unfortunately It blew an old hose. Yay. Now I can get grimy under this thing again.
hoping you can help me. I have a Toyota 2sdk7 skid steer. I need to know what the fuel pressure should be so if either of the manuals you have can help me with that I would appreciate if you would send to me thanks in advance for any help you can give.
As of this writing (10/07/2018) no one has found the elusive parts list/breakdown and or rebuild manual for the 2J DIESEL 2.5 LTR 4 CYL. ENG. FOR TOYOTA 2SDK SERIES SS OR TOYOTA FORKLIFTS. Has ANYONE located any other manuals covering aforementioned items and would gladly share with the rest of the membership? Thanks for all for contributing......Cranky
So I replaced all 4 main drive hoses on my machine along with the 2 smaller hoses that off of the drive motors and the machine runs great... For 20-30 minutes. After that the drive hydraulics start to whine and it barely wants to turn and loses most drive power. The machine is still somewhat leaky from many areas so I check to see if Im out of fluid and i shine a light down into the tank, i still have plenty of hydraulic oil but it has lots of air bubbles in it so am I pulling air in somewhere? What are some common areas to check?
Just noticed in the service manual download that this machine calls for atf type F as hydraulic oil. This is the oil that I have in it. Is this suitable or could this be causing my bubbles? What are you guys running for fluid?
I have and am currently using type "F" ATF in my 2sdk7 as per the owner's manual. Don't know why you should be having air bubbles in your system unless you are cavating your drive motors or possibly have air entering your systems thru leaking "O" rings or leaking fittings?? Check your machine out by parking over cardboard and tracing back up if you find the drips/pools?
Do any of you Huski folks have any suggestions to help me ID this weird noise?
If any of you guys would like the service manual shoot me a email at [email protected] and I will send it to you . Thanks Ed
Hi Tool King, Does the service manual tell you what warning lights on mean? I currently have three warning lights on plus my Charge light that all appeared out of nowhere and I am trying to work out what is wrong Thanks in advance
Hi Cranky I havent been on line for a while as the 2J had 3 sets of piston rings go. Got really noisy but still ticked over. Toyotas aye. Anyway I have just recondiitioned mine and about to reinstall . I have the Toyota industrial equipment EPC disk and workshop manual SDK 5, 6, 7 & 8. So if anyone needs any parts info etc I can help them out Cheers Wayne
Hi wayben Would I be able to get a copy of the files on the disc ? My email address is [email protected] . thank you Ed
Hi Tool_king. Have sent you files using dropbox. wayne
I see this has been asked before but does anyone know about replacement of radiator for 2sdk8. Tia
I purchased a sdk8 recently. The Owner said to make sure the safety cable was straight when the safety bar is lowered. Everything worked when I test drove it but the pedals won’t freely operate now that I got it home. The bucket is currently stuck up as it raised using the aux pedal to get it off the trailer. I tried calling the previous owner he said he hasn’t to mess with the safety cable when the pedals would stick. I have had 0 luck and even tried adjusting it via the threads. Someone has relaxed this cable in the past it’s the newest looking part on the machine. I filled up the hydraulic fluid and that made it run a little smoother as it was down to about 2 gallons ish. The pedals operated freely when I drove it at first so I don’t believe anything seized and it shouldn’t be like an adjustment but a ride on a trailer could have moved something around? The machine has been sitting for most of the last 10 years but runs like a top.
My pedals sometimes get stuck when fully depressed but unstick with I push in the opposite direction. I looked at my linkages back to the valve body last night and couldn't find the problem. I'm curious about this as well, I'm thinking it may be something in the valve body that the pedals operate. If you figure it out let me know
If the machine has been idle for 10+ years I'm sure that a lot of rust and corrosion have taken over whatever idle parts that have not been exercised!! As a suggestion, I would take the time to pressure wash the whole machine, except the engine, check to see if you have all the zerk fittings intact and able to take grease(Metrics are on my machine2sdk7) use a high quality moly based, Hi pressure grease and re-grease them all-if moving parts have no zerks use a pressurized can of "Rust Buster" or equivilent solvent on the rest and maybe use some silicone spray on the cable assy from the safety arm down to where the cable terminates-it may be binding ??? Just my two cents worth-keep us posted on your progress!
I know it needs some love but it functioned fine the other day so I’m thinking it’s more safety cable related as the previous owner mentioned he had to fool with it some when lowering the bar. Looks like you have to take a lot of panels off to access the other end of the safety cable?
That could possibly be your issue-my pedals sometime stick a little in extreme cold weather usually plowing snow from the driveway-my safety bar locks/clicks when in the down position-so I'm thinking my linkage may be binding a little? Everything on the internals on these machines is close quarter work issues/Oil change/filters change/adjustments etc., If I had the time available I would dis-assemble my whole machine and check out all the mechanicals and ELECTRIAL connections to make sure they are working the way they were intended too! I have approximately 3650 hours on mine so I know it needs chain adjustments/replacement, hyd. pressure checks, linkage adj./creep, new cylinder kits etc., de-rusting would also be in order with some new paint. Just like any other vehicle/setting unused causes lots of issues. I only log maybe 25 hours a year so I expect to have some issues. These seem to be great machines-however neglect causes issues with any brand! It would be great if we could re-furbish them all.
Has anyone replaced or adjusted the safety cable? Just looking to get any extra info before I tear into it. It definitely has been replaced and the portion I can see looks new minus the boot over the cable where it connects to the safety bar is sun damaged and I can see the nice silver cable underneath it. Cable can’t be but a couple years old I wouldn’t think? By far the nicest looking thing on the machine so it just may be an interface issue somewhere or a linkage it operates sticking
Did you check the 3 piece linkage arrangement on the floor where your 3 pedals are located? This would be by your left foot sitting in the machine compartment. My 7 series has one, however it is just bolted down and is not functional on my machine as PO cut the cable where it was attached at the safety arm. I always shut the machine off and lock out the bucket in up position with the 3/4" safety bolt located on upper side of cage before attempting to leave the unit or drop bucket back to earth for safety purposes. I don't know if your 8 series is the same arrangement-would think they would be somewhat the same?
Hi guys, I have found it a bit frustrating that there are no really consolidated sources of information on these units so have set up the following facebook group for anyone that is interested. https://www.facebook.com/groups/400721317504528/ Its not meant to detract from forums like this one but more a chance for me to document stuff I am doing with my unit and share information with others without clogging up more general forums. If you have or are interested in these machines come and have a look.
Здравствуйте уважаемые форумчане. Прошу Вас о помощи, скиньте ктонибуть инструкцию, схемы, мануал. По минипогрузчику toyota 4sdk8.
Добрый день есть у кого нибуть manual toyota 4sdk8 скинь пожалуйста [email protected]
Hi I have a sdk 7 I need the 2j engine manual do u have it thanks.
Hi double jay, Sorry I cannot help You as I do not have the 2J Engine Service Manual... Regards Stavros
Hello, I am desperately looking for a parts and operators manual for the SDK8. I have the repair manual. Any assistance would be GREATLY appreciated. Thanks. If anyone has an electronic copy, please email it to me. I will provide you with my email address on a personal message. Thanks all.
Nobody has an operators manual?.
does anyone still have a wire diagram for a Toyota SDK 8 skidsteer. I am in need of one.