Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

TL150 or TL250

therealjohnboy ยท 2009-04-09 10:34

what is the better unit?? Should I buy a low hour TL150 or is the new model worth buying ? If its way better I'd spend the extra $$ and get the new smell/feel, but if not I can pick up a used TL150 at a great price 1yr old 180hrs. Any Tak owners/users got an opinion???

Replies3
  1. #1Goose2009-04-09 20:25

    The TL250 has a little smaller engine in it than the 150 had. Therefor it is a little lighter on horsepower and torque compared to the Tl150. But really the TL150 had more than enough power so it hasnt been that big of a deal. Other than that they are about the same machine. If the 250 is a cab machine they have made the hydraulic bucket coupler and radio standard equipment here in the states. About the only other changes is a little more travel in the seat suspention and the side by side cooler/radiator set up on the TL250.

  2. #2Orchard Ex2009-04-10 18:10

    And you can get high flow aux hyd. in the new series.

  3. #3unimog2009-05-14 20:42

    Unless you need the high flow, I would stick with the 150. Main reason for me is I believe the kubota engine has exhaust gas recirculation and electronic controls. These two things, especially EGR is more to go wrong. This was to meet new emissions requirements and usually to meet emissions, economy suffers. Does the 250 have a belt drive or something going to the hydro pumps like a bobcat with kubota? The 150s longitudional motor drives straight to the hyd pumps. Overall i like the simplicity of the TL150 plus the brute size and power. I firmly believe it's the best machine on the market. You can always add a hyd. coupler and radio.