Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Opinions operating late Terex S17E versus Cat 615CII

Questionable wizard ยท 2018-10-06 19:21

Any operators with seat time in both? Opinions? Terex has a fixed cutting edge and a goofy strike of plate which moves with the floor. 500 Cats built for every Terex. Found a 2003 Terex with the 8.7L Navstar (Detroit). Not sure I have any interest but this one only has 1200 hours. It's a little shy of a cream puff (stored inside) Never been around any. Already own a 613

Replies2
  1. #1deerert2952018-12-15 17:52

    got a 2006 615c series 2 weaker than late 613 I have operated but I think still be my choice at 3 times the price of terex self loader 500 cats for every terex for a reason. one careful open minded strict to detail operator might due fine but varied guys on it prolly go cat

  2. #2Tones2019-02-20 18:24

    Go with the Terex if it's not to late. The Hancox bowel on the Terex is away faster to load.