Just curious if anyone has ever seen one of these? Terex built it in Brazil around 1982/83 but I was told at least one was brought to the US for field testing with a fleet of Terex scrapers working on Interstate 40 in eastern NC around that time. A mechanic that worked on the project told me it was Cummins powered with an Allison CLT-750 automatic transmission and he said it performed really well. The tractor was built specific for this model but the scraper is identical to a TS-14B without the rear power train. There is very little information or pictures of these machines available and I wanted to see any one had any more information. I never understood why Terex didn't produce a machine like this to compete with the 621, I assume this model died when the IBH firm that GM sold Terex to failed. Thanks
I worked a field truck for a Terex dealer between 1982-1984 and I don't remember that at all. We had the TS14's, SE24's and the TS24's in the scrapers.
The 3 or 4 I was around that were from Brazil were still Detroit powered and branded as Newco's. Some of the engine parts would not match up with the American engines.
What Detroit parts wouldn't match up? Sounds fishy to me.
I don't remember seeing anything but Detroit's in the Terex when I was with them. If I would have seen a Cummins in one, Ide have thought it was an oddball.....or that someone had repowered it.
I remember during one engine swap, the fan hub bolt pattern was different for one, and a few other things had to be modified. That was 20 years ago already. I think Newco was buying the old Terex machines and rebuilding them. I think they also modified larger third members for the axles. The 2 jobs I was on with them, the company sent 1 spare engine and transmission along with them.
I've seen fan hubs vary between Wabco scrapers of the same serial number range. Depends on which supplier got the deal of the week. Or who fished what out of the "resource pile"