Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Oversize load

daddy ยท 2010-08-17 18:44

This big rig drove thru my job today. I was done milling and parking equip. by the time he got there. He was stuck making a turn for a bit. Problems with hyd. steering in the back I was told. I heard everything from 500,000 to 900,000 lbs and that it was 200' long. I think some overestimating on the weight. It was definitely big though. Said BOC gasses on the side and destined for a steel mill. Couple more next post.

Replies5
  1. #1daddy2010-08-17 18:47

    turning Here he is making a turn. The rear steers like a snake, the front half goes one way and the rear the other. On my Roadtec, they call it coordinated steering.

  2. #2daddy2010-08-17 18:51

    The turn he is making puts him on the street I just milled. This will be a record for the heaviest proof roll ever for me! I'd love to know what the actual axle weights are.

  3. #3daddy2010-08-17 18:53

    The turn he is making puts him on the street I just milled. This will be a record for the heaviest proof roll ever for me! I'd love to know what the actual axle weights are. I kept thinking he needed the crab steer option. It may have kept him from having to back up so much. I didn't get to talk to the guys... they were busy, and the state troopers would have chased me away.

  4. #4Nac2010-08-18 20:04

    Where was that pic taken? Joe Supor has some really big rigs. I used to rent cranes from him years ago before he sold off his crane fleet.

  5. #5daddy2010-08-18 20:54

    Nac, it was in Butler Pa. The truck said New Jersey's finest on the side, but I missed the name. I was headin home, and just snapped a few shots while I was doing some paperwork.