Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

P&H Hydraulic Excavators ?

Northart ยท 2008-04-16 18:27

Does anybody have any sources, for a Book, brochures,pictures, on the history of P&H Excavators ? Specifically models of P&H Hydraulic excavators . My neighbor has a similar P&H excavator, like in the picture , but much larger he says, Wwaaayyy out in the boonies. This would be a '50's or '60's model. 12V? Detroit engine. Much as I searched on the net, I found something like a P&H 2500 Track Hoe, 130,000# 4 yd bucket. But no picture of it. Trying to pin down, the model of it. My neighbor doesn't remember ??????

Replies8
  1. #1Buckethead2008-04-16 22:00

    I have some P&H literature somewhere I can't find it at the moment. In addition to the 2500 I think the model numbers were H-318 and H-418.

  2. #2RonG2008-04-17 05:01

    The Kobelco line was built under license from P&H which may or may not provide a lead for you.I have run several Kobelco excavators and loaders over the years and they all had a placard on them declaring the P&H heritage.Ron G

  3. #3okey2008-04-17 06:08

    Looks like a model 312. If it is, it was powered by an inline 4-53 Detroit. The next size up was a 418, powered by a 6v-53 Detroit.

  4. #4okey2008-04-17 06:17

    Looks like a model 312. If it is, it was powered by an inline 4-53 Detroit. The next size up was a 418, powered by a 6v-53 Detroit. If you have any more pics a 312 had 1 stack, a 418 would have 2. Hope this helps. Okey

  5. #5Northart2008-04-17 22:03

    P&H Model ? Well, I was hoping someone had a brochure with the specs of different models. My neighbor said it had a 5 yd bucket and was a bigger machine than a Cat 245.

  6. #6Gavin Phillips2008-04-19 16:45

    P&H also produced under license the O&K RH25 face shovel/excavator. Can't say I've ever seen P&H excavator brochures here in the UK really.

  7. #7Rockbreaker2008-05-09 00:54

    Found this one for sale here in Norway Only info is that it is a 1970 model

  8. #8Stephen Lamb2013-01-28 13:14

    That is a 312 mechanical hoe most likely built in Pampa Texas by Cabot Corporation