I found this for sale about 15 mile from my house. The owner sent the pics, but I don't know what kind it is. I am sure someone on here has one like this? Thanks!
It's hard to say because PSM, CWS, and others make a pin grabbers that look like that. It doesn't quite look like CWS or PSM but....why didn't the guy tell you?
He does not know the mfg.
Looks like a US Attachments to me. Go to www.excavatorthumb.com You should be able to see one on there.
I think it is a usa. Do they make good products or are they junk? I know it is not a JRB, but I can buy this one for 1/3 of the price and it is still new. Machine it would be on is used less than 300 hrs a year. What do you think?
It should work fine. theres not alot there to fail.
Also, he purchased it for a 690DLC. This will fit a 690ELC right? It has the 80mm pins. Thanks
That's a very poorly made coupler. I purhased one from North American attachments about 2 years ago fot a Takeuchi tbo 70 that looks just like it. It has so much slop in it I think the bucket is going to fall off. Look at the area that contacts the pins. That area is very small and wears very quickly. It actually wears the pins out also because it puts the stress on two small areas. If you look at a quality built coupler, it completes wraps around the pins. I wore that coupler out in 900 hours on a mini. You have a much larger machine and will wear it out even faster. I will never buy a cheap coupler again because it costs you more in the long run. Buy a good one like a Werk Brau or you will be sorry.
I know it is not a JRB or WB, but will it work for a machine that only get used a few days a month? I am not for hire, and only work on my own property. It is taking me 3-4 hours to change buckets now, as I have a thumb that shares the pin with the bucket, and they do not line up real real easy. What would be the $ difference for you to buy this one over a JRB? Thanks!
changing buckets Can you post some pics of your bucket/thumb on the machine. While I agree it can be a pig to change buckets I feel you are doing something the hard way if it is taking you that long to change a bucket. I need to see how your thumb is mounted before I dig myself a big hole
If your only using it for 300-400 hours a year, I would think it would be just fine. Especially since you are getting it at such a discount. As for wear, since its yours, and you are not going to have someone in it that has no financial incentive to take care of it, you could take some extra time to put a dab of greese in the wear points and also keep any rocks and such out of there. I think that if I was just using it for my home use, I would be very suprized if I ever wore it out. But that is just me, take what you like and leave the rest.
The thumb is a CF manual, and it shares the bucket pin. The pin is a 80mm, and is about 24" long. I just chain the thumb to the stick and then it is a major fight to line up the thumb and bucket at the same time. Maybe I am doing something wrong?
If the end of your thumb meets the teeth of your bucket your thumb will be to short when you put the Coupler on and close inside the bucket.
buckets Do you place the bucket on the ground to remove the pins? Do you know what I mean by "Do you hang the buckets on a bar" These are not trick questions, I just dont like to try and teach a mum how to raise kids or a grandmother how to cook eggs