Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pacific trucks in the logging industy

Hayesno1 · 2010-11-27 04:21

Post pictures of Pacific trucks in the logging industry.:canada I thought I better close the gap/ring of huge logging trucks so all makes are represented. Here are some LLL P16 models at Port McNeill.

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies2,475
  1. #1Hayesno12010-11-27 04:24

    A few more LLL P 16 trucks - more will come

  2. #2JTL2010-11-27 11:02

    We hired a guy a couple years ago with two Pacific's like these. His where dump trucks though. I'd never seen or heard of them before. They were a tough, hell for stout truck though. The best thing was they woulkd haul twice as much as a hiway truck, and he only charged us 5 dollars an hour more than his hiway truck we had hired!

  3. #3Greatwestcam2010-11-28 04:09

    Pacifics Nice to see that those pre loaders have Pacific trailers, ( can tell by the spring on the out side of the leg ). most were columbia trailers. here is a 1973 P-16, (small windows), and a 1977 and 78 P-16s. the 73 is hauling poles, an extra reach was added to make it 55' between bunks.

  4. #4Hayesno12010-11-28 04:47

    Here some pics of Western Forest Products huge P12 model maybe even a P12W - W indicates wide frame 40". Look at rear end of dump. Can any tell me the intension for this construction? Zeballos 2005.

  5. #5Hayesno12010-11-28 05:01

    Another Pacific domp truck. This is a P16 (it got I-beam frame). Owner is LLL, Port McNeill. This truck could be some kind of rebuild truck as fenders, radiator guard and bumper looks like they are fro a Hayes HDX.

  6. #6HDX2010-11-28 10:33

    Hayesno1 I have seen this box around before Maybe from an HDX down at M&B Shawnigan Division As for the truck NOPE all homade the front bumper is a Hayes knockoff as is the fenders See the bumper pin and look at the two front bumper ends For sure home made good job though I think that under the home made front bumper you would find the tube type Pacific bumper or at least parts of it

  7. #7JTL2010-11-28 10:56

    Hayes, Those red trucks look just like the ones we had hired. (Only the paint aint the same). They had the same high sided boxes, but they had real tailgates. Those things you were asking about on the rear of the boxes would act like a beaver tail, to kinda hold material in the bed, in place of the tailgate, being the beds had a flat floor, unlike the green and white trucks.

  8. #8JDOFMEMI2010-11-28 11:26

    Jason I thought the same thing about the box extension, but also had another thought. It looks like it would stick down just about right to be able to dump a load of road gravel, or whatever, then back up using it like a dozer to spread the load. Sounds like something a logger would do.

  9. #9Hayesno12010-11-28 11:37

    Thanks HDX and JTL. Here pics of Pacific P16 preloader LLL unit #T332. Trailer might be an old MB as it was kind of reddish.

  10. #10Hayesno12010-11-28 12:13

    1974 Pacific P16 preloader. GM 12V71N engine, Allison electric shift CLBT5960 transmission, spring suspension, Clark #91,000 rear axles, Dayton wheels, 14:00 X 25 tires. Unit equipped with 1970 Columbia LT50 pre load trailer c/w: 2 X 14’ bunks, Truck is for sale at present time. Pics were shot this summer. Coulson unit #H3

  11. #11HDX2010-11-28 12:45

    Hayesno1 Yes that Preload trailer was from Sproat Lake Division when those guys cleaned that Division out. I think it might have been on one of the trucks when it left there. Those trailer dogs have the Maxi Booster instead of the manual chain and pin system so the driver can operate it from within the cab rather than climbing out and pulling the pins and flipping the dogs over by hand so the trailer can be streched out. This was a good system TILL a log loader hit that with a log and everything kind of flew apart. Also would freeze up in the winter sometimes.

  12. #12jackd2010-11-28 17:04

    Where are They? Anyone know what happened to the Pacific pre-loads H-323, H-324, H-325 & H-326 after they left Sproat Lake Division? I remember them when they came as brand new in 1976.

  13. #13MOUNTAIN MAN2010-11-28 17:07

    :beatsme Who was the company that eventually bought out Pacific? What a shame it was....

  14. #14HDX2010-11-28 20:03

    Jackd Think Lamar Lake Logging in PT McNeil got them They got just about everything in the Valley here except a few fell through their hands and Hayes Forest got them. Also some sold to Mars Cont and one to Dan Larose in Duncan(H321 Preload) now owned by Dorman Timber

  15. #15tyyota2010-11-28 20:52

    WFP P12 - Gold River Holbrook Dyson P10 - Vernon Camp Holbrook Dyson P9 ? - Vernon Camp P16 - Campbell River WFP P12 - Gold River

  16. #16Truckmodeler2010-11-28 23:39

    Here's a few more shots of that P-12 at Gold River taken in September of this year.

  17. #17HDX2010-11-29 10:01

    Beautiful little P9 Sure is straight-- but I think the shop welders have too much time on their hands. Has to be a Company sandtruck

  18. #18hoglogg2010-11-29 12:10

    pacific trucks pacific truck manufacturing inc, is in new westminister bc canada and will still build you a new truck or refurbish old trucks .you can order any parts from them . larry mcnutt is the parts man thats worked there for 35 or so years.604 517 1100. if you buy a pacific truck, you will wear out before the truck will .......

  19. #19Truckmodeler2010-11-30 02:35

    Just a quick question. Looking at the photo of the P-12 chip truck in Zeballos (post #5) it seems that the cab on the Gold River P-12 chip truck (post #17) is raised about a foot. Not sure if this is stock or local shop? Anyone got some info on this? Doesn't seem to need it for the engine clearance. Perhaps visibility? It adds quite the slope to the hood, looks decidedly different.

  20. #20Hayesno12010-11-30 16:23

    HFP Pacific trucks - all are P16 models

  21. #21Hayesno12010-12-05 16:25

    WFP Pacifics at Woss - used to be old CANFOR yard. First 2 pics show P16 logging truck, pic 3 shows a P16 dump truck and 4th and 5th is an old P10 sander truck. A very windy summerday in 2010.

  22. #22JDOFMEMI2010-12-05 17:48

    I don't want to hijack your thread, but check out the RC Pacific lowbed truck here. On the links, there are log trucks, preloaders, and all kinds of ways to kill time. YouTube - Hauling Equipment.wmv

  23. #23tyyota2010-12-05 20:40

    I want to play in that sandbox!

  24. #24tracksntreadslo2010-12-12 01:49

    thanks guys The fella who posted the vid is a good friend of mine and the P-16 is mine ...heres a few more photos of it thanks heres another sandbox that we play in as well http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2S54lWATw2Y

  25. #25HITACHI3502010-12-14 20:22

    hey ive been watching your videos for a year or so:notworthy and i was woundering how much is it to make like the log loader or that hitachi road builder

  26. #26hoglogg2010-12-19 11:30

    pic half a load

  27. #27MOUNTAIN MAN2010-12-20 14:13

    I have been watching your videos for a while now, great stuff, infact the video you put up last night was great I subscribed to you on youtube also.

  28. #28tracksntreadslo2010-12-24 00:15

    HiThanks for the comments and compliments on the RC stuff guys ...You are looking at about 1 K in parts plus radio to build one of these...I opologize for hyjacking your thread so i will post a few picks of some pacifics one more of the rc and some of some local CR trucks..cheers Lou

  29. #29MOUNTAIN MAN2010-12-26 16:21

    your welcome, that's a lot of money, but worth it.

  30. #30Hayesno12011-01-25 13:39

    Pics of Butch Carroll P16 unit #9 and #12 summer 2005 in Gold River. "Steele Rock" one of these might be your P16

  31. #3172HDX2011-01-27 00:40

    Ha, our 7280! That would have been in the summer of 09 when we where borrowing Bendickson's cause we were working on ours. This was out on WFP's claim I think.

  32. #32Hayesno12011-01-30 14:15

    2 old Pacific P16 at WFP Port Mcneill Div. These trucks are from the 60s and one is a horse line truck and the other is a fire truck(preload)

  33. #33diamondtguy2011-02-04 01:15

    Hi...I enjoyed the pictures..I am a former employee of Pacific Truck.I was there from 1977-1987.Spent the bulk of my time assembling P-16's/P-12's and the odd trailer..I have a bit of a weakness for the P-16's

  34. #34Hayesno12011-02-04 11:45

    diamondtguy; Welcome to this great site. Well I guess we all have some kind of weakness for those mighty Queens still going strong!

  35. #35diamondtguy2011-02-04 18:54

    Thanks...I did take some photo's of the trucks and shop while I was there.The photo's are posted over on "Hanks" site.Which happens to be how I found out about this site.(link on the Alaskan logging equip...I will be spending a few hours here looking at all the stuff..........Cory

  36. #36Hayesno12011-02-06 10:52

    Pics of P12W - an ex MB unit #H04. Pics were shot 2005 in CR. I am not sure if truck is around anymore.

  37. #37Hayesno12011-02-10 13:38

    Steele Rock; I found some pics of your Pacific P16 - old Butch Carroll unit#9. Pics were shot at Gold River Summer 2007

  38. #38TorkelH2011-02-16 18:58

    Some pics of H325 Some pics of MB's H325, taken around 1998. It was definitely raining that day.

  39. #39jackd2011-02-16 23:31

    I remember H325 when it was brand new out at M & B Sproat Lake Division. I think that Alec Spencer was the driver back in the late 70's and early 80's. Where was this shot taken? I wonder if that is one of the old Grapple Yarders that I used to work on.

  40. #40TorkelH2011-02-17 21:03

    This is up on the old highway over Taylor arm. Yarder is a 124, I have also some video from this site on youtube. Terrible weather that day!

  41. #41HDX2011-02-18 11:04

    The Pacific P16 PreLoad pulling the lowbed in Post #32 is a 1989 ex M&B truck unit # H139 from Franklin River sold to Hayes forest in 2003 and they installed 121 rear diffs and repainted her They sold her off in early 2008 Originally came with KTA 600 but HFS put a C15 in her

  42. #42jackd2011-02-18 22:14

    TorkelH - I remember driving that road a a young child to get to Tofino - that was before they opened the lower road back in '72. In those days the loaded logging trucks mingled with the innocent public. There was a story of a loaded truck coming along and passing a tourist who had pulled to the side to take a photo of the lake. Unfortunately said tourist left his door open and the afore mentioned truck just drove right on taking the vehicle's door off at the hinges. Near the end of the days of the road's useful life - I imagine this might be in the 70's - I heard of track loader operators being a little reluctant to cross over certain tressles near the top end. They would supposedly bring their loaders to the edge of the tressle, stick it in gear and let it travel across on it's own. The loader would travel happily along, brushing up against the brow logs and make it to the far side. The operators would then give chase and climb onboard and all was good. They didn't trust the tressles. This could be BS but then these are stories from the Sproat Lake oldtimers as told to us young punks.

  43. #43Vigilant2011-02-19 10:57

    The story of the bridge sounds totally plausible to me. Ever hear of the Robinson Bridge up the Peninsula in Washington State, from back in the days of steam? They followed that very same procedure to get the log train across the gorge. One of the train crew would wait on the other side of the bridge, catch the train once it cleared the gorge, and bring it to a stop until the rest of the crew walked across the trestle.

  44. #44skadill2011-02-19 23:25
  45. #45Hayesno12011-02-20 11:07

    Pics of HFP P16 unit #T1048 in shop in Duncan.

  46. #46skadill2011-02-20 19:59

    these are original pics from Pacific themself,back in the day,they were recently found,and I was fortunate enough to get in on them as well.enjoy,more to post as well

  47. #47Hayesno12011-02-21 15:41

    Skadill; Great pics - looking forward to see more. A little correction. First 2 pics show KW logging truck - I guess 548 or 552 models from the 40's. Last picture shows a Hayes diesel from 40's - long hood.

  48. #48skadill2011-02-21 18:28

    oops,this batch was supposedly all "pacific" stuff and I didnt catch that,put more effort into figure out how to post a picture instead,will put proper ones here now

  49. #49skadill2011-02-21 18:37

    Pacific trucks old photos

  50. #50HDX2011-02-21 22:10

    AH Much better Skadill Although the first two pics are both of Silver Skadgit trucks it is hard to find any pics of these or the Decca Walton trucks Keep posting You have our attention

  51. #51diamondtguy2011-02-21 22:35

    I have often wondered what happened to all the photos from the archives at Pacific.Our conference room (I was only in it twice)had the walls plastered with vintage Pacific photo's...........Cory...(Pacific Truck 1977-1987)

  52. #52skadill2011-02-21 22:49

    Theres only a very few in this batch.Story is The furniture was sold from Pacific,these were in a desk drawer that made its way to Ontario,and have been shared back to B.C. here.

  53. #53diamondtguy2011-02-21 23:21

    I know the owner of Hercules Equipment quite well and will have to contact him.He is friends with some of the senior guys from Pacifics office....Those pictures are out there some where......Cory

  54. #54skadill2011-02-22 01:00

    First pic is an ex Millstream Timber truck,was hauling here out of Stave Lake,B.C. mid 90's,never saw it again.It was for sale for years at the Inland Kenworth Langley yard early nineties.Second is 1980 or 81Pacific I loaded with cottonwood in 1991.Third is at Big Silver River East Harrison G&F logging 1993

  55. #55skadill2011-02-23 00:14

    Little Pacific couldnt justify buying one,so built one

  56. #56Hayesno12011-02-23 14:51

    Skadill; Nice model and great pics. Here some pics of an old Coulson Forest Production P10 dump truck

  57. #570752011-02-23 14:55

    box has no tailgate so they welded the extension on the back to keep dryland debris from falling out

  58. #58skadill2011-02-24 00:14

    1966 advertisment old advertising

  59. #5964Pacific2011-02-24 15:54

    Excellent photos, I should throw some of my trucks up here. Check out my website dedicated to preserving pacific trucks. www.pacifictruckclub.org - for you Hayes guys there is also one for Hayes trucks at www.hayestruckclub.org - go have a look and shoot me an email if you would like some of your photos to show up on the websites...

  60. #6064Pacific2011-02-24 15:56

    Not too sure what the story is with this truck, the serial number badge says that it is a model 4640-S from 1963, but the hood says that she is a P10. I would be very curious to see what the permanent serial number on the frame says. More information and photos here: http://www.pacifictruckclub.org/RegDetail.php?SN=T6360-214

  61. #61Hayesno12011-02-24 16:12

    64Pacific; Welcome aboard - looking forward to see some of your great pictures at this great site. Great to see you here!

  62. #62Hayesno12011-02-24 16:26

    Some pics from Nothern Vancouver Island Summer 2010; 1 & 2 show LLL P16 truck; 3rd ïs P500S unknown owner, 4 & 5 P16 being scrapped

  63. #63skadill2011-02-26 19:11

    some of an old Pacific,taken nov.2010

  64. #64tyyota2011-02-26 19:14

    This P16 has been shown here before

  65. #65HDX2011-02-26 20:12

    Tyyota Posting 65-- That is one of our old M&B trucks ex H139 a 1989 P16 pre-load Sold to Hayes Forest Services in 2003 rebuilt with a C15 Cat and had the 121 rear-ends installed then sold again in early 2008 after HFS exited Franklin River There was two of these trucks and ILP has the other one as a low-bed /log hauler For a Pacific they were pretty classy trucks

  66. #66Hayesno12011-02-27 10:14

    Ted Leroy Pacific trucks in 2005; P16 preloader and green unit is a P500S ex Timberwaste. It was in shop for converting it to fire truck

  67. #67Hayesno12011-02-27 10:16

    Oops pics were missing

  68. #68HDX2011-02-27 10:44

    P16 pre-load #H17 was parted out and sold as residue at R/B Auction in chemainus IPL got the 5th Wheel assy but R/L got the rest This truck had the SPR rear diffs. For what they paid for her it was a steal due to the fact that a brake drum for an SPR rear end is now 2000 dollars EACH and about a month away and you pay the frieght Due to the lack of parts for these IPL is parting out one of the sister trucks to keep the others running Tough choice but what are the options

  69. #69Hayesno12011-02-27 13:15

    P16 with lowbed trailer - Courtneay 2005

  70. #70Hayesno12011-03-03 16:22

    Pics of Wade McGregor P500S unit #14 and IPL's Pacific P16 preloader unit #H14. Trailer still got M&B red colour.

  71. #71HDX2011-03-03 19:52

    Hayesno1 Out of all the M&B trucks that were around I think that only 3 still carry their original Unit M&B numbers H89 -was originally a HDX Pre-load at Cameron Division surplused and went to Sawnigan Division where Walter Miles converted her to a conventional Sold some time in the early 90s Then there is H14 pictured above that came as unit # H140 then was discovered that there was already an H140 in M&B system so the choice was given to then driver Gary Cathers as to what # he would like and H14 came up so she is still H14 and of coarse then theres H17 Wont say anything more on that one LOL

  72. #72trakloader2011-03-04 02:17

    E&A kept all the original unit numbers, H-43, 45, 46, 47, 54, 55, 152, and 289. The original E&A trucks were TL-1, etc. but when they took over QCD, they changed their own numbering system on the trucks to match the M&B system. Of course, other machinery changed to E&A's system, like the tank drill, N-66, became "DMT-5" (Drill, Mobile, Tank) The "M" graders became "KGR" something or another.. (KGR= ??? Katerpillar GRader?)

  73. #73Ryan Rønning2011-03-04 02:35
  74. #74HDX2011-03-04 11:55

    Thanks Trakloader Was not sure about your end of the claim or how things were designated up there after the Weyerheauser slaughter.

  75. #75skadill2011-03-06 00:22

    Pacific P9 & P10 snapped this today,friend said this truck was from Powell River years ago,was blue and sold at a RB auction(P9 on the left)

  76. #76skadill2011-03-06 16:53

    The P9 was from Port Hardy,not Powell River The bottom 2 pics are P10.More pics taken yesterday. If the pic isnt enough,Theres in cab and video walk around on my youtube-skadill channel of this truck

  77. #77Hayesno12011-03-06 17:41

    Skadill; Nice Pacific trucks. I think I've seen the P9 before. Do you know owner of trucks? How about HDX in background - do you have any pics and info of her. I am just curious

  78. #78HDX2011-03-06 18:58

    Love the KW Rad on her

  79. #79skadill2011-03-07 01:02

    Hayes no1- I filmed full video walk arounds of every piece and all trucks photoed,will put a bit everyday up,I've got a lot of pictures to share ongoing here,but dont want to flood the system here with skadill stuff, Going tostretch it out and splice it in on topic as it goes with the flow of others material.Gotta say this is a great place to hang out here,and see people make connections to their old gear,and places and faces they worked with,of years gone by.Thanks so much to everyone who posts in each forestry thread,it is much appreciated and makes for great evening escapes into the digital and pixel forest here.

  80. #80trakloader2011-03-07 02:21

    Skadill, you must post pics of that LRSW Mack with the remnants of the spar saddle still on it. It would be interesting if someone remembered it. The guy that owned those Pacifics above must have got a good deal on orange paint!

  81. #810752011-03-07 23:45

    Left over Tahsis orange?

  82. #82Hayesno12011-03-08 12:37

    This reminds me of this old orange P16 with a Pacific made preload water tank - an old Tahsis truck I think

  83. #83HDX2011-03-08 21:35

    Looks like "Standard" Pacific mirror brackets Or were these the new upgraded ones we been hearing about???

  84. #840752011-03-08 22:37

    Drove that truck lots loaded it many more times has a fifth wheel on it makes the bunk hard as hell to turn. The mirrors may be ugly but they do let you see behind. Wonder what they did with after they contracted Zeballos out. We got the line horse parked next to it and the Ford water tanker on the other side.

  85. #85hoglogg2011-03-09 11:27

    1981 p510 our old pacific 400 big cam 2 original engine 13 speed triple lock tridrive

  86. #86Hayesno12011-03-09 12:26

    075; I guess you are referring to HD line horse at right and white Ford left of P16 - in back another HD - she got a sander box. Pics were shot in Zeballos summer 2005.

  87. #870752011-03-09 22:28

    The line horse was the first truck I drove when I broke in it was H43 back then and it was a preloader, The other truck with the watertank was H44 another preload. When I started in Zeballos both those trucks were fairly new, and painted on the side of the watertank It said this Unit cost $44,000. I jumped from the top of the load unto the bullboards above the cab and slid off the bullboard unto the hood then the fender and ended up on the ground and hurt my knee pretty good and all Bob the driver could say is "Hey you scratched my paint" if I could of walked I would have kicked him.

  88. #88trakloader2011-03-13 22:45

    Early P-16 Notice the old style fenders.

  89. #89skadill2011-03-16 00:06

    A couple current residents of Harrison Lake,B.C.taken fall 2010

  90. #90skadill2011-03-17 00:21

    Pacific Took this at an Interfor sort yard in 93,while waiting to get unloaded next.Never saw the truck much after,It was a local truck,but either was sold or retirement i'm guessing.

  91. #91Hayesno12011-03-17 16:08

    Pics of P16 preloder with huge lowbed - Cortenay BC 2005

  92. #92Hayesno12011-03-17 16:21

    More P16 logging trucks, orange being scrapped has old type of fenders

  93. #93Hayesno12011-03-20 16:27

    Pacific P16 preloader logging truck ex MB unit #H61 now used as tractor pulling lowbed

  94. #94skadill2011-03-20 22:15

    Old Rock Truck Pacific Dump Truck,taken last year,truck is still resting peacefully.

  95. #950752011-03-20 23:10

    The bullet holes in the windshield are a nice touch

  96. #96KW850&T800H2011-03-20 23:23

    I've never seen those front wheels before, any difference with them against the normal ones?

  97. #97HDX2011-03-21 00:29

    H61 was originally a Kelsey Bay Division truck (MacMillam&Bloedel) was transferred to Northwest Bay Division around 2000-2001 as a low-bed truck The reason the front wheels look funny is because that truck sometimes runs on the Highway and because of the weight is over on the front axle They had to go to 16:00X25 tires for more weight distibution All these trucks had 14:00X25 tires but due to being used as a lowbed truck ,she has to cross the highway as well as travel on it from time to time (Empty of coarse) Thus the reason for the strange hub/tire arrangement Note the rear tires are still 14:00X25

  98. #98KW850&T800H2011-03-21 00:35

    Thanks for the info. That's an obvious answer. Very heavy, what is the unloaded weight? The TARE weight is it?

  99. #99trakloader2011-03-21 01:52

    What the heck is that big framework on the gooseneck?

  100. #100trakloader2011-03-21 19:42

    P-9 Here, Nigel, a 1972 P-9.....

  101. #101trakloader2011-03-21 19:56

    Pacific Self Loader The owner says this was one of the last Pacifics built.

  102. #102trakloader2011-03-21 20:01

    P-9 chunk truck.

  103. #103trakloader2011-03-21 20:43

    Two more P-16's, the huge backhoe in the background is a Komatsu 1100, undergoing conversion to a log loader.

  104. #1040752011-03-21 22:39

    ITs for power line clearance, when you are moving a grapple yarder say 144, you boom down on the bracket on the lowbed then you lower the gantry and it sits on the boom.And you get your clearance and still can move the lowbed. Otherwise you have to get off the lowbed and boomdown on logging truck trailer to get under the lines. Both of them are pain in the ass moves, the lowbed one just least painfull if you have many crossings.

  105. #105KW850&T800H2011-03-21 23:33

    That's an interesting truck, still going hard, looks rough, the way I like them.

  106. #106KW850&T800H2011-03-22 00:00

    This could be a dumb question, that I can find out elsewhere. But what year could it have been built? And I wish I could get pictures like you Clint, your an inspiration for my photography.

  107. #107trakloader2011-03-22 00:43

    Thanks! That truck is a '91, I think. They quit building them in '92.

  108. #108KW850&T800H2011-03-22 00:45

    Ah, makes sense, I didn't know that they lasted so much longer than Hayes. Why did they quit manufacturing? And your welcome!

  109. #109diamondtguy2011-03-23 00:12

    I well remember stamping and installing the aluminum Pacific Truck name plates.By the time I got there in 1977 we only used them on the trailers.. Cory...(Pacific Truck...1977-1987)

  110. #110hayeslogtruck2011-03-23 20:57

    Deluca truck and Coulson dump truck The Coulson dump truck in previous photo and the logging truck in the Pacific truck ad are the same truck ordered new by Bud Deluca of port alberni.

  111. #11164Pacific2011-03-24 23:49

    Wow, trakloader, can you email me at [email protected] , I would like to speak with you about your photos...

  112. #112skadill2011-03-25 23:31

    Old Pacific

  113. #113trakloader2011-03-26 00:06

    I think I have one that you may have stamped, 1978.

  114. #114diamondtguy2011-03-26 01:01

    Quite possible.There were around 4 of us that did the primary assembly of the P-16's.We also did all the trailers.. Cory (Pacific Truck 1977-1987)

  115. #115Hayesno12011-03-28 16:56

    075, Did you see this old Pacific P16 preload LLL unit #T305 when you visited LLL shop last time. It got the old cab. By the way I met Ian in summer 2007. We had a little ****/chat about "mobile slaugther house". He thought the Duke might be interested(I was in that business back in 2007) sadly we never heard from the Duke.

  116. #1160752011-03-29 00:49

    When I was in there two weeks ago I counted 30 plus trucks before I lost count,that not counting all the other smaller trucks and trailers and such. Heres a picture of Englewoods Pacfic low bed. I never got a good picture of all the trucks in Dukes shop need to fly over it to see them all

  117. #117Hayesno12011-03-29 15:09

    075; I know what you mean. Lot of equipment/stuff to discover. I spent only one hour but I could stay there for days so much to see, I lost counting as well in 2007. In 2010 I just made a U-turn - and just took a few pics Pics of LLL #T323 in summer 2007

  118. #118diamondtguy2011-03-29 19:27

    I see twin turbo's on that truck..... Cory..(Pacific Truck 1977-1987)

  119. #119Hayesno12011-04-04 16:18

    Another P16 with lowbed from Englewood Div. WFP #2632. Very windy summerday 2010

  120. #1200752011-04-04 22:49

    Hayesno1 The next time you are out here I should be able to get you a test drive in our lowbed if you wish!Sorry its a Kenworth 850 Preload not a Hayes

  121. #121Hayesno12011-04-07 15:55

    075; Thank you very much 075. I do appreciate your offer very much and for sure I am looking forward to a test drive in such a mighty queen. Here some pics of Cascadia's P16 #H86 ex M&B truck with Smith 150 ton lowbed. Is that the ex Kelsey Bay lowbed you mentioned in another Thread?

  122. #1220752011-04-07 23:11

    No thats Port McNeills lowbed Jeune Landing where I work is Part of Port McNeill div but separate, Our lowbed is in dire need of a rebuild all the pins and bushings on the goose neck are shot . I think it might be the sister to that one haven't checked the build numbers yet.Will post picture of truck and lowbed on Kenworth thread soon.

  123. #123trakloader2011-04-09 00:51

    Yikes! P-16 nearly went off the bridge when the compensator broke. Trailer went over, and the tractor almost broke off its suspension.

  124. #124Murk1002011-04-09 22:54

    Fire Truck Cool old Pacific no idea how old maybe some one could fill us in? bet she could tell some stories...

  125. #125HDX2011-04-10 10:43

    Trakloader Did we tweak the frame here or did she always list to Starboard???? Seen this when N/S mechanic jackknifed the trailer backing it up and cracked the comox hitch and never checked it out Just parked the truck Next day driver gets in and with his first load comes around a sharp corner and the trailer and load kind of depart the scene cause it was cracked all the way or most of the way around

  126. #126Hayesno12011-04-10 12:40

    I guess she is from the 50's. I can't remember present owner - I think truck is operating around Tahsis

  127. #127trakloader2011-04-10 15:10

    That was a VERY close call, HDX. The truck has that list because all the U-bolts etc. broke on one side. The driver actually got a glimpse of the river out the window, before the load slid off and the truck flopped back onto the bridge. The trailer was pretty smashed up after going over the bridge.

  128. #128Hayesno12011-04-10 17:46

    Pacific P16 with Pacific trailer, Port McNeill

  129. #129skadill2011-04-11 01:47

    Old Pacific ,taken last year

  130. #130Hayesno12011-04-11 13:09

    P16 LLL unit #T348 at LLL shop. Look at bunk at truck

  131. #13164Pacific2011-04-11 16:00

    That truck is SN T860-9, it's a 1948 model, and the 9th truck built. Had a Cummins NHB in it when it was new. Here's the line ticket: http://www.pacifictruckclub.org/Docs/tcbT860-9.pdf

  132. #132JeremyM702011-04-11 19:18

    Just curious do most of these places up in BC where you guys get all these great pics mind people walking in to take pictures if you get permission? Or do you have to be connected? Just wondering because one of these days I would like to wander up to the Island and look at some of these great places. Like Lemare Lake?

  133. #133skadill2011-04-11 21:39

    I know you know this,but how do you know which truck this is from my photo alone?

  134. #1340752011-04-11 22:53

    Most places are open to the public,and the rest you just ask someone.Or be like me know every one up here or have worked there one time or another.Its getting to be a smaller industry with fewer people in it now.

  135. #135JeremyM702011-04-12 01:13

    Thanks for the info, when I get the chance to make that trip I will have to check in with you guys to find the good spots to visit.

  136. #136Hayesno12011-04-12 11:59

    I have all ways asked for permission - (if I could find some to ask) I have only been refused a few times. This is actually how I met HDX (Mr. Hayes/Steve). Me and my son was passing through Port Alberni in the Summer of 2000, when I saw this beautiful green and black Hayes Clipper 100 parked in a backyard. I went up to front door. A lady opened the door(sorry I can't remember her name). I asked for permission to take pictures of the trucks in her backyard. "Go ahead" she said. She all most apologized that her husband was not home to show his trucks. I later learned that the owner is Vic Rowlinson. (I will post some pics of his great Hayes at Hayes site - he is great guy). Then she said I should meet Mr. Hayes. She made a call and 10 minutes later a Ford pickup with Hayes mudflaps. Steve jumped out of his truck with a big smile. He took my son and I on an unforgetable "Hayes tour" in the Port Alberni area and met a lot of great people. That was one of those days I'll never forget. Thanks Steve. Somehow that's why I love the Canadians - you feel so welcomed compare to some other places in the world. I feel Canada is my second country.:canada

  137. #137dirty4fun2011-04-12 20:44

    Sure hard to find people that will go out of their way to show you things or do for you. Thanks for sharing always great to hear stories like that!

  138. #138Hayesno12011-04-14 13:49

    P16 preloader unit 40-90 maýbe an ex BCFP truck?

  139. #139JeremyM702011-04-14 21:26

    Thanks again, looking forward to visiting. Was hoping for this summer, but not sure due to finances. Passports and Ferry's are spendy!

  140. #140trakloader2011-04-18 02:49

    Maybe E&A TL-1 When New (P-16) I think this might be Edwards & Associates (Edwards & McEachern at that time) # TL-1, but I'm not 100% certain.

  141. #141trakloader2011-04-18 02:56

    TL-1 in 2008. You see, it is very hard to tell. These trucks change so much over the years, after too many runaways, roll overs, rebuilds, etc. Could be the same truck, then again.......

  142. #142trakloader2011-04-18 03:08

    E&a # tl-6 E&A # TL-6 is an older truck than TL-1. She has a cockeyed cab due to a rollover many years ago. Notice the old style doors, TL-1 has the newer cornbinder doors.

  143. #143trakloader2011-04-18 03:16

    E&A P-16's E&A H-47, ex-M&B truck. E&A H-9 is ex-HFP.

  144. #144trakloader2011-04-18 03:33

    More E&A P-16's Restoration projects?

  145. #145HDX2011-04-18 21:52

    Sad to see that E&A H9 ex HFP T343 in that condition Bob Melvin drove that truck for a long time as a Walbran Truck. Had an 18 speed in it I believe HFS sold her the same time they sold old No 7 The HDX Al Burdick drove forever. All to common now to see this kind of atrocity. There will be a lot of happy old trucks around when I connect with the right 6 numbers LOL

  146. #146trakloader2011-04-18 23:28

    No kidding, poor old girl was parked because of a leaky rad, now look what happened! First to go were the tires, then everything else started disappearing. Now, well, I'd be surprised to see her running again. Same with old H-54, such a waste. :crying

  147. #147Hayesno12011-04-19 03:19

    Sure sad to see E&A #H9. Here pics of her back in 2006(PacificEd) as HFP #T343

  148. #148HDX2011-04-19 22:01

    Hayesno1 The red and white P16 in the background of the top pic in post 148 is ex M&B H155 She sat there for about two years with engine trouble (KT600) Then things started getting taken off her. She was hauled to Duncan and sat there till she was sold to IPL and rebuilt at the HFS Shop for IPL Her number now is H153 Her paint scheme is the same as all the rest of the old HFS trucks

  149. #149diamondtguy2011-04-20 00:19

    I have eight pictures here of Mac/Blo's H39 P-16 I took at the plant.Some on the shop floor and some outside getting near the end of her inspection.I will try and figure out how to post all my Pacific pictures.. Cory (Pacific Truck 1977-1987 )

  150. #150Hayesno12011-04-22 03:28

    More pics of ex H155. Glad to hear she has been saved an operation again. I haven´t got any pics of her in IPL colours. I will post some of the others IPL Pacifics

  151. #151Greatwestcam2011-04-22 12:02

    Early Pacific ad

  152. #152Hayesno12011-05-01 15:51

    P16 at LLL shop- Unir is an ex M&B unit #H164. Funny looking trailer telescoping reach. Trucks stinger looks odd to - very long

  153. #153skadill2011-05-01 19:48

    Another Rescue From near Death Row to ready for a show,This P10 is getting a full recovery,good news,and a rare occurance.Taken yesterday.This truck and 2 others are getting work ready and going to be ready for another 40 years of service

  154. #1540752011-05-01 20:27

    Boy that is looking good, just like new

  155. #155dirty4fun2011-05-01 20:38

    Glad to see and hear they are getting rebuilt and going back into service. I hate to see them sitting in the weed patch, rusting to nothing.

  156. #156HDX2011-05-01 20:39

    Hayesno1 Another good post! The H164 went to M&B Cameron Division in 1973 --was surplused and went to Copper Canyon Must have been bought up by Lamar. The trailer on her back was a 1967 Pacific 50 ton trailer that was shortened up at Franklin for hauling short logs Was not a big success --Ended up over at Sproat Lake Division along with some other trailers we used -They used it as a pup trailer for hauling from the Dryland Sort down to the Alberni Canal Dump. Then when LLL bought all the stuff over at Sproat Lake Division that trailer went with them Its M&B number was X309 or X310 Should still be visable on the body frame right under the bunk on either side The above Pacifics and the HD Hayes were all for sale over in the Chilliwac area for 17,000 dollars for everything along with about 50 12:00 X24 tires Sure glad somebody bought them for what they appear to be doing with them They are saved!!!

  157. #1570752011-05-01 22:09

    Heres M&B's 164 now.Sad to see

  158. #158Hayesno12011-05-02 11:19

    Thanks HDX, and thanks for information as well. Sad to see 075s picture of her

  159. #159jackd2011-05-04 23:00

    Coulson Yard Parked next to the old Hayes was this Pacific Pre-load truck. The Coulson yard was where I remember all their machines were stored many years ago. Not much going on here now. Anyone have any idea about what Coulson is operating these days?

  160. #160Hayesno12011-05-05 10:38

    jackd, I am not sure but I think KW850s. #H3 was parked outside the fence last year - see my pics below. It got a Columbia trailer. The yellow P500S was parked behind fence.

  161. #161Hayesno12011-05-05 13:53

    Coulsson P16 preloader unit #H19

  162. #162Hayesno12011-05-05 14:00

    Another Coulsson Pacific truck. It´s P512S model. Look at KW thread - I will post pics of coulson KW.

  163. #163jackd2011-05-05 14:01

    Inside now. They moved the Pacific P-16 inside the compound since you were there last. Not much else is going on there. There was an offroad Kenworth parked exactly where your pic shows the Pacific was located. It too seems to have seen better days. Unfortunately I didn't have the presence of mind to take a shot of it.

  164. #164Hayesno12011-05-08 12:59

    075; Pics of WFP #2169 Åacific P16 - Zeballos 2005

  165. #165HDX2011-05-08 19:51

    Hayesno1 The Pacific P512 pictured above was a "Chunk Truck" owned by Tanu Logging (Roy Graham) and sold That was when Coulson FP bought her and took the loader off I think I got the engine side panels up in the rafters of shop Were in scrap bin Still had the Pacific signs on and still are I think didnt think much about it at the time just thought that someday some Pacific lover might want them

  166. #166Hayesno12011-05-12 14:47

    Pics of WFP Pacific P16 unit #2230 and #2231 at Port McNeill. #2230 is ex. MB unit #H86

  167. #167skadill2011-05-13 00:43

    1975 Pacific P9 Ex dump truck,taken a few weeks ago.

  168. #168skadill2011-05-14 21:42

    Pacific P510S Short Logger Been sitting around 7 years now.This one hauled hardwood logs on occasion to Dad and I's mill back when.

  169. #169Hayesno12011-05-17 19:04

    Pacific P10 dump truck - maybe leftover from Ted Leroy bankrupt

  170. #170BTC2011-05-17 23:48

    H-61 wasn't a pre load when it was brand new. It went to Kelsey Bay in 1989 along with H-58. The first load that H61 ever hauled was onto the new dry sort which opened up at Kelsey Bay's 50 years in operation celebration. The old truck foreman (**** Hart) got the honors of taking her onto the deck. They loaded her in front of everyone on the south side of the camp yard down by the dispatch shack. I was only 11 but i remember vividly the loader operator (Cerico) putting the load up against the water tank. When he turned the corner onto the sort the paint started to peal and the tank got a big dent. Man was Old Hart pissed off. I guess there was an ax to grind from years previous!!!

  171. #1710752011-05-18 23:02

    Uncle D Hart was blind in one eye, and thats what you get for not checking your load before you move.Too many times I have loaded a truck to find out one is to close to the water tank,and some one was having a good snooze.But I have the stinkeye down pat now, so it rarely happens anymore.

  172. #172HDX2011-05-20 00:10

    No you guys H61 is not a preloader Northwest Bay Division just whacked the back end off her so she would fit under the lowbed The rider bar on the rear of the turntable would hang up when turning around so they solved the problem See where the back of frame is just amputated That was one very nice P16 when they got it from Kelsey Bay

  173. #173Jumbo2011-05-20 18:29

    After looking at Hayes and Pacific off highway trucks on this site for many months, I still cannot figure out from the photos what I refer to as the reach compensator. I am used to trucks in the Pacific NW both highway and off highway having the compensator in the front of the reach where it latches into the pintle hook. On the older trucks, as late as the early 60’s with a wooden reach, the trailer sliding up and down the reach was the compensator. Is this how they do it in BC? Or, is the compensator hidden somewhere I cannot see? The trailer all seem to be a ring and pin set-up. The preloads I understand, from Neah Bay in the early 60’s. I sit here with an armload of dumb waiting to be educated.

  174. #174log big2011-05-20 19:26

    are thes trucks still runing today

  175. #175HDX2011-05-20 22:37

    Jumbo Look at post #163 second picture down That is the compensator bar Although it does not show it the thing that the trailer is hooked onto is the compensator bar You can see a pin holding it in the closed position When you pull that pin out the "BULLPR***" or what is commonly called the compensator bar will slide out 3 feet There is usually 4 bolts on the other end to stop it from pulling right out The funnel hitch's are called a Comox Hitch because it was first used by them at Comox Logging as an easier way to hook up the trailer Most log loader operators will lift the trailer off the empty truck and have it already in the trailer hitch by the time the driver gets back there then all he does is drop the trailer pin in We use to have the old Premier Hitch's welded onto the end of the compensator bar but jusk ask any shovel operator and he will tell you what a pain in the rear they were--would trip and come undone at all the wrong places or the second loader would miss and the reach would insert itself into the air line and water line box at the back of the truck I will try and get a picture of one in service with a load to show it better OK

  176. #176Jumbo2011-05-21 01:02

    Well, dumb on me, I have noticed that in several photos and always thought it was just a stinger extension. We also had several shovel runners that could plug into a pintle hook. especially the style that rotated up to latch vs. the standard that rotates down to latch. Only with a hydraulic machine, never with grapples or tongs. Thanks for the education.

  177. #177Hayesno12011-05-21 03:18

    Jumb; I will post a few close up pics at Hayes site(Steve's WHD)

  178. #178Jumbo2011-05-21 08:49

    I scrolled through them, thanks for the education, Labor and industries would never allow just a pin here in Washington, there would need to be a secondary latch of some sort to keep the pin in the hitch, is it the same way in BC? Thanks again.

  179. #179Hayesno12011-05-23 16:50

    BTC; Sorry my mistake. I don't know why I wrote it was a preload Here are som pics of a Lake Lemare P16 preloader. Trailer seems to be an old M&B trailer.

  180. #180HDX2011-05-23 21:58

    Hayesno1 Yes they are ex M&B trailers--Sproat Lake Division Look at the reach and you can tell that they have no shortning up dogs So this will tell you that they had the air dog type with the maxi booster. To you guys out there that lost me there it means that when you shorten up the trailer to load it onto the back of the truck after you dump your load-- there is usually two flip over dogs with a little pin to hold them closed. Sproat Lake Division had a flipper type air valve mounted inside the cab and when you got to the landing to start to load you would flip the valve and it would activate the maxi booster and release the dog with air rather than doing it manually Then just pull 40 lbs of air on the trailer brakes and drive ahead to strech it out so you can load

  181. #181skadill2011-05-28 01:08

    P9 Pacific rock truck,taken a year ago

  182. #182SPMiller2011-05-28 02:19

    Is that @ Jones Skadill?

  183. #183skadill2011-05-28 21:37

    " New Again" Pacific P10 Took these today.camera batts died so used the camera function on video camera,not good quality though.The video walk around is on my youtube channel

  184. #184Vigilant2011-05-28 23:58

    Mighty nice, Skadill. That yours? I need to get up that way some day, and hit a REAL antique truck show. Glad to see people bringing a few of these beauties back to life. Now, if someone could just throw some paint on that Lidgerwood tower skidder at Point Defiance Park....

  185. #185Hayesno12011-05-29 09:31

    Skadill; Okay quality and great video as well. Thanks. Good to see some are saved. Here some pics of another P10 dump truck at Lake Lemare shop.

  186. #186log big2011-05-29 19:45

    nice P10 logger thay look better new

  187. #187SPMiller2011-05-29 23:48

    woops

  188. #188trakloader2011-05-30 00:00

    Haha!

  189. #189SPMiller2011-05-30 00:09

    I'm new to logging

  190. #190hoglogg2011-06-08 11:32

    wow thats a nice pacific mr skadill . we bought the tower that was parked in front of that old gal . wonnock bc . last time i saw her i thought it would go by the ton straight to the chrusher , nice job, ggreat to see !!!!!!

  191. #191TorkelH2011-06-08 16:55

    Sarita Some IPL trucks a rainful march 15 2011. H147, H146, H157, H152, H153 and H145.

  192. #192TorkelH2011-06-08 17:08

    Sarita and Cameron march 15 2011 H?, H153, H157, H152 and Island Timberlands H61 with lowbed at Cameron.

  193. #193TorkelH2011-06-08 17:38

    H153 More action with H153 may 14. 2010!

  194. #194TorkelH2011-06-08 17:43

    H153 cont'd some more pics Haddon junction - loaded

  195. #195TorkelH2011-06-08 18:56

    Lemare's Pacifics Lemare T309?, 304 and 307, 301 and 316?, 317 and 310. March 19. 2011.

  196. #196TorkelH2011-06-08 19:08

    Lemare Pacific's cont'd Truck 348, 323 and 310.

  197. #197Hayesno12011-06-09 16:08

    TorkelH; Great pictures from LLL shop - there are a few I have not seen before Thanks for sharing

  198. #198Hayesno12011-06-09 16:14

    Pics of Dave Mills Pacific P500PF - "F" in P500P F indicates it got a fribreglass hood/fenders. I wonder if it is still parked at "The Beach"

  199. #199diamondtguy2011-06-10 01:34

    No "P" after 500......P500F or S......Cory Pacific Truck.....1977-1987...

  200. #200TorkelH2011-06-10 01:50

    Tried to take a picture of every Pacific/Hayes I saw, for you guys... Think I also must have got allmost all the trucks of IPL at Sarita since they had been closed down for a week caused by heavy rain. I have even some more pic's to come from more remote areas...

  201. #201Hayesno12011-06-12 03:57

    diamondtguy; You might be right but but Pacific datasheets says P500S, P500F and P500PF. Take a look at Wes Bergmans collection at Hanks web site. I only got datasheets of P500S and P500F. I will scan them and post them.

  202. #202Hayesno12011-06-12 04:00

    TorkelH; Thanks - looking forward to see pictures from remote areas

  203. #203diamondtguy2011-06-12 13:59

    What page is it on..The only thing i can think of is it's a P500 with a Pacific cab and a glass front end built during the International years when we had to use their cabs on the smaller trucks...Cory (Pacific Truck..1977-1987)

  204. #204JTL2011-06-12 20:39

    I know this isn't a logging truck, but it is a Pacific none the less. They transported some old radioactive rail cars into the landfill at the Hanford site a couple weeks ago with this beast.

  205. #205Hayesno12011-06-13 11:41

    diamondtguy; Here is link to wes bergmanns Pacific brochures. http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/wb_pacific_ads.htm

  206. #206diamondtguy2011-06-14 00:13

    Well...it looks like its a designation they used "after" International sold Pacific.I'll assume the "P" was for Pacific cab...I dont recall the term being used..

  207. #207Hayesno12011-06-14 10:40

    Well I can't figure it out. They even had a model P500P with BBC measuring 136"

  208. #208Hayesno12011-06-14 11:05

    Here some pics of LLL unit #T310. TorkelH; #T316 used to be a KW 849/850

  209. #209Hayesno12011-06-16 14:59

    Pics of LLL #T332 preloader with out engine. Here my list of LLL logging trucks - mostly Pacific P16 models Unit Make/model T301 P16 T303 P16 T304 P16 T305 P16 T306 KW T307 P16 T308 P16 T309 P16 T310 P16 T311 P16 T312 P16 T314 KW T315 P16 T316 KW T318 P16 T319 KW T320 P16 T322 KW T323 P16 T324 P16 T325 HDX T327 P16 T329 HDX T330 HDX T331 HDX T332 P16 T333 P16 T334 P16 T336 P16 T338 HDX T339 HDX T341 P16 T346 P16 T348 P16 T349 HDX

  210. #210580bruce2011-06-16 22:28

    Good Tri City pics JLT Still using the landfill in hanford? 34 west if I remember right.Del Hur built it.

  211. #211JTL2011-06-16 23:24

    Thats the one bruce. 200 west area, ERDF. You can see my green pickup in the background of the first picture. We just compleated cell 10 in September last year, and finished up a bunch of little change notices this past week. Im back in Arlington,OR till Sunday then heading down to The Dalles. Glad to be outta Hanford after a year and a half straight. Big Green has built all but 2 of the cells out there. I worked on 5/6 for the other contractor the first winter I worked for Delhur. They were a little up set that the other outfit got it, but they lost their ass, so we've been back for the last 4 cells. After 7/8, the engineres finally got smart and made the 2 cells into one, with all the drainage going to the north. So basically cell 9 would have been called 9/10. and 10 would have been called 11/12.

  212. #212skadill2011-06-16 23:31

    Perfect P10 Pacific The last round of photos of this P10.taken today.Looks like its completed now,with the trailer on as well.

  213. #213Timbercruise1712011-06-17 00:38

    Is he rebuilding another truck there in the background in the shop? Or was that the parts truck to rebuild the one outside?

  214. #2140752011-06-17 22:44

    Are they rebuilding them for work or show?Nice job whatever they do with them.

  215. #215SPMiller2011-06-18 16:00

    Work.

  216. #216Vigilant2011-06-18 20:29

    Looks like they did away with the 12V71. What did they replace it with? Glad to know some of these trucks are going back to work.

  217. #217Hayesno12011-06-19 13:00

    Pacific P16 preloader - I think present owner is IPL. Before that Ted Leroy unit #H18 and I guess she wa an BCFP or ZC from new. Maybe someone can ad further infomation or correcting me

  218. #218Hayesno12011-06-19 14:51

    Another Pacific P16 preloader

  219. #219Hayesno12011-07-10 17:55

    A few Pacific truck pics - all pics were taken in 2005 at HFP shop in Duncan. 3 different truck/models; Pic 1&3 is a Pacific P500PF. 2&5 is showing a P500S and 4th pic shows a P16

  220. #220TorkelH2011-07-15 10:25

    Some Pacifics Beban Logging's LH27, LH18 and LH26, all in Head Bay and Olympic (Tahsis) 12 with broken stake holding line (or what you call it).

  221. #221TorkelH2011-07-15 10:30

    WFP and Olympic WFP 2214 in Head Bay and Olympic (probably no 41)

  222. #222Hayesno12011-07-16 12:10

    TorkelH; I think a few of them are KW - LOL - great pics - please post more

  223. #223jackd2011-07-26 19:47

    Mesachie Yard The name Mesachie Lake just seems to have a certain sound to it that reminds me of logging tales past. Here's a shot of a Pacific and an old Hayes next to it.

  224. #224jackd2011-07-27 18:37

    More Gordi Neva Trucks As HDX said in the Hayes thread, this company seems to take care of their equipment. More Pacifics.

  225. #225jackd2011-07-28 08:33

    Cameron Shop The Cameron yard was open and I started nosing around. I met a contractor who was changing the front leaf on his self-loading truck and spent a good hour B.S.ing with him about the state of the industry. He eyed me with suspicion until I mentioned my past logging ties. He mentioned the sudden gear up of activity due to the increased log demand from China, and it would seem that companies are trying to meet the demand but the infrastructure is all gone. There was mention of the big 'Auction' from years past and how it devastated things. Here's a beauty.

  226. #226jackd2011-07-30 15:21

    More Cameron Pacific P-16 with low-bed owned by Island Pacific Logging. H-14 - is this a former Mac & Blo unit?

  227. #227HDX2011-07-31 11:03

    jackd Originally came to Franklin in 89 as H140 then found out there was already a H140 at Shawnigan Division so driver (Gary Cathers) got to renumber it and it became H14 went through the HFS years and had the KTA removed and the C15 installed during that period Then became IPL The chrome brushguard came off the old H138 now its H153 but it was removed from H138 when HFS was in command because ALL TRUCKS MUST LOOK THE SAME This brush guard was going to be thrown in scrap bin so I grabbed it and gave it too Tom Turner up in Campbell River and when IPL took over the we asked Tom if he still had it and we got it back and put it on this truck These Pacifics need all the help they can get to look good and this kind of helped a little UNLIKE THE Hayes of coarse

  228. #228jackd2011-07-31 11:11

    I thought that was pretty fancy for a logging truck. I see you're biased toward the Hayes and by what you own, you should be. I kind of like the look of both breeds and you can throw the Mack in there as well. So here's a question. Is most of the equipment and logging operations based out of the Sarita yard? Is this where you work out of? I didn't go there because I wasn't sure about my gas situation for the complete run up to Port. Maybe next time I'll go there if there's much to see. Thanks for the info on this unit. I sure as hell was shocked to see the whole Franklin shop levelled.

  229. #229HDX2011-07-31 12:01

    Yes nothing but a yard full of memories All the good stuff is down in the Sarita Yard Will PM you again ASAP

  230. #230jackd2011-07-31 17:50

    Back In Squamish John Langis pointed out this 1966 Pacific to me, when I passed through. Good old timer - the kind I always have time for in my travels.

  231. #23164Pacific2011-08-03 20:57

    Great looking P9 - one of the early ones...

  232. #23264Pacific2011-08-04 13:20

    This truck was sold at a Richie Brothers auction a few years ago, here are a few pics when before it was repainted: http://www.pacifictruckclub.org/RegDetail.php?SN=A02207 I can't figure out how to post photos here, but when I do, I will put up a few older pics.

  233. #233HDX2011-08-07 12:02

    Hayesno1 You will love this but I actually drove a Pacific for TWO DAYS IPL dragged that P16 Preloader out of the jungle the other day and asked if I would work on getting the BUGS out of her Post 218 is her She was ex Leroy H18 not sure of Crown Z number but will find it I gotta hand it to our mechanics at least when they put these old girls to bed they did it right There were very few problems to work out and she just hunkered down and went for it--Must admit that these are kind of a time machine because with the 12-71 TT they wouldnt pull a sick whore off a toilet but they are entertaining I found that if you cover up the headlites with rags so they didnt see the hill coming they tended to go faster up hill. Sure says something about how forgiving these trucks really are.

  234. #234TorkelH2011-08-07 17:00

    Thats one of the better tricks I've ever heard, allways worked on old Volvo forest machines too!

  235. #235Vigilant2011-08-09 23:47

    Also, with a 2-cycle Detroit, it helps if you slam your finger in the door, so you are mad enough to drive it.

  236. #236skadill2011-08-11 01:32

    Pacific P9 Took this great retake from a wall photo at the Volvo dealer a few weeks ago

  237. #237hoglogg2011-08-12 21:33

    just sooo easy

  238. #238Hayesno12011-08-16 16:16

    HDX;Well there must have been a lot of persuasion before you would drive a Pacific truck... LOL... Good to hear she going back to work. Here some pics of Ted Leroy unit #H17 P16 preloader. This must have been an old CZ truck as well?

  239. #239HDX2011-08-16 21:18

    This truck was sold as a parts truck at the last R/B auction in Chemainus a few years ago Lilly&Russell bought her for parts

  240. #240skadill2011-08-23 21:06

    Pacific P9 Same truck in post #237 ,shared photo.

  241. #241Hayesno12011-09-01 15:43

    jackd; I think this is the Pacific P16 WFP unit #2186 ex #H14 you have posted at HE KW Thread - sorry no offence

  242. #24269hayes2011-09-15 01:22

    Taken today

  243. #243HDX2011-09-15 21:28

    Man that old girl sure looks just like one of the ex CPS trucks from Jordan River I know there was a lot of them built but she just looks like it, Their trucks didnt have the brushguard and this one here has a good copy of the original Maybe an ex Millstream Timber truck Just fishin here

  244. #244Greatwestcam2011-09-18 21:45

    P-9 here is one from Campbell River I spotted this summer. couldn't get close enough to get more info as it was behind a locked gate. Looking at the engine side skirt bends, I'm guessing it has a 8V-71 in it mabe? As the one above has flat panels on it

  245. #24569hayes2011-09-18 22:01

    Another oldie

  246. #246Greatwestcam2011-09-18 22:18

    Great pics 69hayes, thats an old Percy Logging unit from Powell lake, remember when it had a big tank on it that the road builders used for fuel when at Goat Island. She is an oldie, good find!

  247. #247skadill2011-09-22 19:41

    Pacific Trucks P10's Taken last winter,Harrison Lake East.B.C.

  248. #24869hayes2011-09-22 21:59

    Taken last week

  249. #249skadill2011-09-26 23:16

    Pacific P16 Shared photo from mid 2000's near Port McNeill

  250. #250Greatwestcam2011-10-01 18:26

    1979 p-16 one that I saw this summer, still looks good in condition

  251. #25164Pacific2011-10-03 22:51

    Still nice and straight looking - I really wish I could fit one of them in my yard!

  252. #252Hayesno12011-11-14 16:17

    A few pics of P500S I took way back in the early 80's.

  253. #253skadill2011-11-15 00:48

    Pacific P9 Taken a year and a half ago.

  254. #254Born2clearcut2011-11-17 21:06

    W D Moore in Winter Harbour

  255. #255excavator2011-11-18 00:54

    Go to You Tube and check out "heavy transport oil rig.mov" and "Omega-Morgan massive transformer move". Not logging trucks anymore but nice to see them used elsewhere also. In the first one, "Old Jake" does a good job of moving 800 ton on it's own. In the transformer movie, the push truck is a KW.

  256. #256HDX2011-11-18 19:05

    Born2clearcut Funny you posted those two P16s I think that they both came BCFP They bought two Trucks from TimberWaste Both were exCaycuse Trucks

  257. #257Born2clearcut2011-11-19 08:51

    Think i got another picture somewhere of a ex Caycuse Pacific .It was sent to Narrows Inlet with a 009 rubber mount 90 footer and a 071 mini pipe, when they closed down Caycuse , i'll have a look for it .. You also posted on another thread about a Truck show .. . just wondering if there was alot of spots for the overnight camping or do I have to be there pretty early to get a spot ??

  258. #258HDX2011-11-19 10:23

    There is and will be and there is power available Will keep everybody updated as things progress HDX

  259. #259JDOFMEMI2011-11-19 15:48

    Seeing these Pacifics doing heavy haul duty reminds me of seeing 2 of them in Colorado in 1983 or 1984. I could not remember the company, so I googled it and come up with an interesting story. http://utahrails.net/utahrails/deseret-kiefer.php As I recall, there were 2 Pacifics, likely P-10's and the heaviest load was a 300 ton stator for the power plant. The gross weight with the trailer was around 450 ton, and it seems like it was the heaviest load ever for Colorado, at that time. They also used 2 off hiway articulated tractors of some sort for the trip over Douglas pass. They were troublesome, and each had to have the transmission, an Allison auto, replaced during the climb over the pass. The company was Almus International. Somewhere at my mothers house there may be pictures, but I wouldn't even know where to begin looking. It seems like the trucks were some shade of orange at the time, and it was the first I had heard of Pacific. They sure were impressive back then. They made many trips in the 2 summers, hauling loads for the power plant, but the 300 ton stator was the heaviest load. They also hauled the locomotives for the rail line. It is the only railroad in the US not connected to any other line, and all the cars and engines had to be trucked in.

  260. #260Hayesno12011-11-20 16:30

    Some pics of HFP unit #T1052 at Cameron Div. summer 2005. Truck is a P16 model and ex M&B unit #H24

  261. #261Hayesno12011-11-22 15:50

    WFP unit #2228 P16 model. I think this is an old M&B truck.

  262. #262skadill2011-11-24 01:29

    P9 Dump Truck Pacific P9 rock truck,shared photo.

  263. #263scotty 122011-11-26 13:02

    T521

  264. #264HDX2011-11-26 23:01

    scotty12 Thanks for posting that picture She sure looks poorly Sure hope she can be brought back again Seems that when they get to this condition it is a hard choice as to rebuild or part out Keep our fingers crossed Pat Carson bought the three trucks new together T517 T519 T521 in 1986 Then he sold out to Hayes Forest Services

  265. #265Hayesno12011-11-27 12:58

    A few pics of T517 back in 2005. HDX; Were those Pat Carson trucks displayed in a Pacific brochure? I got pics of T519 and T521 as well. I'll have to find and post them

  266. #266jake47752011-11-27 21:42

    The truck in the last 2 pictures is in my uncles driveway it is owned by cardena forest products

  267. #267jake47752011-11-27 21:44

    wrong page

  268. #268jake47752011-11-27 21:50

    hayesno1 when did you take the pictures of the yellow p 16 with the black hood? its sitting in my uncles driveway. owned by cardena forest products

  269. #2690752011-11-28 01:11

    Anyone reconise this old girl .Just pulls around the known weight for the weigh scales on the log dumps

  270. #270Hayesno12011-11-28 14:20

    jake4775; Well I guess you are reffering to post #63 at this thread. Picture was taken late july 2010 in cloce to Port McNeill.

  271. #271Hayesno12011-11-28 14:23

    075; For sure it looks lika an old MB unit. I have not seen her before, but for sure you took pictures at Ker Point Log dump

  272. #272HDX2011-11-28 22:39

    Hayesno1 Yes those were the ones Pacific also got a lot of photo mileage out of T517 There was a lot of head on shots of her But yes all three were a very impressive site when the IWA strike was over and they finally went to work They didnt haul any more wood than any other truck but with the 16:00X25 tires they LOOKED BIGGER Al Burdick and old #7 (ex-Reg Smyth HDX) chased them all the time and all he had was a 12V71N with a 5&4 Was a good time

  273. #273jake47752011-12-01 00:00

    Yup thats the one, when I was younger I used to sit in that truck for hours every time I went to visit my uncle

  274. #274skadill2011-12-30 01:13

    Water Truck Early 1980's Pacific P510 taken this spring. http://youtube.com/user/skadill

  275. #275hoglogg2011-12-30 15:34
  276. #276hoglogg2011-12-30 17:10

    1981 pacific 400 bigcam (original engine and 13 spd ) 46 k rockwells serco loader

  277. #277skadill2012-01-02 01:27

    1978 Pacific P10 Fresh photo.Video walk around at "]http://www.youtube.com/user/skadill?blend=1&ob=video-mustangbase#p/u/4/xQI77C-rfrs"]

  278. #278Wdonaldson2012-01-02 12:56

    Pat Carson Bulldozing Pacific, parked at there Mesachie Lake shop. Picture was taken quite a few years ago now.

  279. #279trux2012-01-20 23:57

    newcastle timber's p-16 and low bed at work

  280. #280trux2012-01-21 00:05

    oops,forgot one

  281. #281skadill2012-01-22 20:29

    Dump Trucks Pacific P500F's( i don't know the diff between 500F and 510F,although these 2 have some cosmetic differences).Top one taken last year and bottom one recently. http://youtube.com/user/skadill

  282. #282skadill2012-02-07 20:37

    Pacific Log Truck Shared photo.This was part of the Kish Equipment/West Fraser Holdings trucks from Eastern Fraser Valley based out of Sardis,B.C.years ago. http://youtube/user/skadill

  283. #283skadill2012-02-11 18:51

    1965 Pacific P12 Self Loader Full walk around video at http://www.youtube.com/user/skadill#p/u/4/i9LOw_qz95M

  284. #284HDX2012-02-22 22:59

    Skadill That use to be Dickie Nimmo's Pacific from Lake Cowichan He hauled with her in Franklin when we were still M&B Now she's in Mission Small world

  285. #285skadill2012-02-23 00:29

    Pacifics Stills from a corporate video

  286. #2860752012-02-24 21:56

    Dickie was in Zeballos with her in the early 70's with a hayrack on it if I remember right. Used to come into my landing after quitting time and load out the chunks any every thing else he could heave up on her lol

  287. #287skadill2012-03-09 23:08

    Pacifics A couple shared photos.

  288. #288SPMiller2012-03-18 23:53

    Queen Charlottes. Shared.

  289. #289trux2012-03-22 11:38

    taken north of campbell river. anyone recognize her

  290. #290Hayesno12012-03-26 16:05

    Trux; I can't reconize the Pacific P16. It might be an Olson truck? Behind her I think I can see 2 Hayes trucks - both HD or WHD models. One logging truck and one dump truck. Can you confirm that?

  291. #291trux2012-03-26 17:08

    hayesno1; i believe they are both hd dumps.unsure if its an olsen p16 as i have not seen her in the bush. picture of a steelerock p16.

  292. #292Hayesno12012-03-26 17:22

    Trux; thanks for confirming there are 2 Hayes trucks. Interesting re. 2 dump trucks. I think Olson got a WHD dump truck, that's why I thought trucks might belong to Olson, but I have never seen an Olson P16 as well. In 2010 I saw a Hayes HDX parked behind the same fence. Maybe 72HDX can add some information. I have seen that P16 Steelerock before. It looks like an old BCFP unit.

  293. #293SPMiller2012-03-31 00:23

    Pacific goes where the new ones get towed..

  294. #294Hayesno12012-04-01 03:44

    A few HFP P16 trucks in Sarita and main road to Sarita summer 2007(just before the strike)

  295. #295skadill2012-04-22 01:21

    Fading Away Tiring Pacific .Shared photo.

  296. #296Silvio2012-04-24 23:27

    I was in Vancouver last month and noticed this Kwatna Timber Pacific sitting at a mechanic's shop in Fraser Mills. Just wondered if anybody knew anything about it?

  297. #297Greatwestcam2012-04-24 23:51

    looks like a 1976 model P-16, as it has the newer style doors but small windows. In 77 they went to the larger windows.

  298. #29864Pacific2012-04-25 15:59

    From what I know that one is awaiting a rebuild by Pacific Truck Manufacturing...

  299. #299Silvio2012-04-26 00:02

    Thanks for the info, guys. It's nice to know that a few of these are starting to be saved from the scrapper and being rebuilt.

  300. #300Greatwestcam2012-04-29 14:04

    P 512 good old work truck.

  301. #301Born2clearcut2012-05-09 10:29

    Just happen to have couple of pics of that same truck Greatwestcam

  302. #302SPMiller2012-05-12 01:40

    WFP truck rolling to the shake and shingle mill today.

  303. #303Vigilant2012-05-12 15:41

    ^^^ Ah yes. Cedar long butts. Brings back fond memories from my teen-age days. Weyco used to leave 'em on the landing at any given pole/piling setting. I used to load Dad's company pickup to the gills with 'em, take 'em home, and saw off slices about 5" thick. Sold like hotcakes for at least a buck apiece, which was good money back then. People used 'em for 'stepping stones' in their yards. Thanks for bringing back such a fond memory.

  304. #304skadill2012-05-13 00:08

    Late 1950's Early Pacific ,Moresby camp for Alaska Pine Co. at Cumshewa Inlet,Queen Charlotte Islands.Roy Carey on the left was the driver.He was my neighbor where I grew up.

  305. #305trakloader2012-05-13 01:29

    Wish I could get down there, the bones of one of them Pacifics were still there in 2005. Likely there even today, but the road is sooo awful.....

  306. #306Greatwestcam2012-05-13 02:03

    the B side then there's the other half...

  307. #307SPMiller2012-05-17 13:36

    IMG_2781 by FortressPacific , on Flickr

  308. #308Greatwestcam2012-05-21 01:30

    P-10 1977 Pacific P-10 ex-logger

  309. #309Greatwestcam2012-05-21 01:36

    a few more....still in good shape!

  310. #310skadill2012-05-27 00:00

    Pacific P510 Stills for the old Pacific promotional video. http://www.youtube.com/user/skadill

  311. #311Greatwestcam2012-06-08 22:32

    Seen this one in some other pics before with a tank on it, it looked to be going through some repairs when seen here, very nice truck in it's day, believe its an anniversary edition.

  312. #312trakloader2012-07-23 16:16

    Western Forest Industries Vancouver Island early 60's Any ideas on the location?

  313. #3130752012-07-23 19:33

    WFI was that not Gordon River? We got some equipment from there when they shut it down in the 80's

  314. #314hoglogg2012-07-23 21:20

    man i could be wrong but gordon river was bcfp ??? timberwest etc western had jordon river till a bit a go ? neat photo .....

  315. #315Dave Hadden2012-07-23 22:27

    WFI did have an operation at Gordon River but BCFP moved over there from Renfrew in 1983. Jordan River was Canadian Puget Sound Lumber and Timber Co. (CPS) until everything changed after the '80's and into the '90's. Logged by Lyle Newton's company now but I can't recall the proper name offhand. Getting old. LOL It's also somewhat confusing given the acquisitions BCFP made in 1979 and 1980 when profits were big too and they bought out ERT and were in on another deal with Domans and Whonnock (I think). I worked for BCFP from 1976 (Renfrew) until 1984 (Gordon River) so was there during the move-over. Hope this helps a bit. Take care.

  316. #316hoglogg2012-07-23 23:12

    thanks dave it is confusing for me i wondered how it all came from the e and n land grant to dunsmiurs and then to the varios companies ,,, lyles company is island pacific logging ..... i worked at a lot of mills hauling sawdust etc and one was smith cedar in victoria , hershel smith owned it and sooke forest products and a few more , i think he also owned pacific logging as i saw photos in his office , he was a neat old guy and stopped to chat with a young deadbeat like myself at the time .lol take care and keep posting please !! brings back lots of good memories .....

  317. #317Greatwestcam2012-07-23 23:44

    1965 p-10 looks like its all stock, maybe even still goes to work. old Lineham unit

  318. #318trakloader2012-07-24 00:47

    I think it was Gordon River. I researched the pics last Summer but I lost my research.

  319. #319KW850&T800H2012-07-27 02:33

    So through the S#, what's the info on this truck? I'd be very interested in hearing about the "Armadillo Express" Located just outside McBride BC.

  320. #320Hayesno12012-07-30 15:52

    1st picture shows a Pacific P500 S. Next 3 are 3 different Pacific P16 owned by IPL. Summer 2012 on Vancuover Island

  321. #32164Pacific2012-07-30 21:33

    Check out my website for more information: http://www.pacifictruckclub.org/RegDetail.php?SN=T7256-619

  322. #322Hayesno12012-07-31 17:45

    More pics of "Armadillo Express" P9 truck at McBride and a Canfor fire truck in Northern BC. Summer 2012.

  323. #323Hayesno12012-08-01 15:06

    Some Lake Lemare Logging trucks; Vancouver Island summer 2012

  324. #32464Pacific2012-08-01 21:48

    Since I have the information, I might as well share, here is what I have on the red truck: http://www.pacifictruckclub.org/RegDetail.php?SN=T6349-220 I have lost touch with the owner since he moved, but it is good to see that the truck is still in one piece!

  325. #325Hayesno12012-08-05 11:33

    64Pacific; It is still parked in Bear Lake.

  326. #326Hayesno12012-08-05 11:46

    IPL #H14 Pacific P16 with lowbed summer 2012. Driver is Al Cooper. Pic #1-2-3 were taken at Franklin Camp B and last 2 pics with a nice load (Cypress 7280)

  327. #32764Pacific2012-08-05 13:19

    Did the owner mention his plans for it? When I spoke with him, he was planning to a logging arch back on it - apparently the arch that was on the truck after it was wrecked by the train is still sitting in Bear Lake, somewhere...

  328. #328Hayesno12012-08-05 13:29

    Sadly I did not meet the owner. It will look great with a logging arch.

  329. #329Hayesno12012-08-06 13:53

    Look what I found this summer. P16 water truck - I have not seen her since 2000 at Tom turners place in Campbell River.

  330. #330Hayesno12012-08-08 13:28

    Pacific P512S self loader for sale in Campbell River - take a look at old blue Sicard(Canadian built truck) water truck with Dodge cab.

  331. #331HDX2012-08-08 21:16

    Hayesno1 Very good pics as usual posting no 321 shows IPL units # H153 H157 and H147 IPL unit # H153 was exM&B H155 and is driven by Al Prpich now IPL unit # 157 was ex M&B unit H153 and is driven now by Jim Johnson IPL unit # 147 was ex Pat Carson Bulldozing unit 494 He bought it new and Brent Marshall drove it for many years She was taken over by Hayes Forest when they bought out PCB It is now driven by Ed Fines While we are at it You got some good shots of H14 (post 327) When she was bought new by M&B Franklin River Division she was unit number H140 until it was brought to their attention that there was already a H140 unit still on the books(hauling at M&B Shawnigan Division an ex Cameron Division Truck) The driver that got H140 new was Gary Cathers and he got to pick the new unit number for her so he went with H14 and it stuck. After all the unrest and company changes that happened in the early 2000s all the trucks were scattered all over the coast Hayes Forest got an awful lot and Lemar Lake Logging got a huge number at the same time. There was M&B trucks and Crown Z trucks as well as a huge number of BCFP trucks thrown into the cauldron and it was then that most of these beautiful old girls lost their identities However IPL has kept the original unit numbers on two of their trucks H14 and H17 LOL still M&B lives on and by the way the chrome brushguard on H14 came off H138 It was discarded when Hayes Forest rebuilt H138 and it got stashed away for a few years till it was safe to bring it out again. Keep posting the great ones!!!!

  332. #332Hayesno12012-08-13 15:46

    HDX; Thanks - great information as usual. Very interisting re. old M&B Pacific trucks. I only knew H14 was an old M&B truck. Here some more pics from IPL shop. All trucks are P16s except for one HDX that is squeezed in between the Pacific trucks.

  333. #333Hayesno12012-08-13 15:51

    More IPL Pacific trucks parked for the night.

  334. #334Born2clearcut2012-08-28 10:50

    3 leaf contracting dump truck

  335. #335Hayesno12012-09-16 03:31

    Pacific P10 captured on The Island this summer

  336. #336Hayesno12012-09-23 13:28

    Koprino Loggings P500S dump truck with IH cab parked at NIPPS store in Port McNeill summer 2012.

  337. #337Hayesno12012-09-24 13:49

    WFP P16 logging truck at Camp A near Woss - summer 2012

  338. #338HDX2012-09-24 21:40

    She looks like she is now a full time push truck Dont think the trailer (without bunk) has been on the ground for a while Sure hope that push assy on the front bumper does not become the new standard for the industry Sure does have a nice engine She looks familiar Wonder if she came from down Messachie Lake area Sure looks like Norms low-bed truck Without the pushing device of coarse

  339. #339trakloader2012-10-15 16:22

    That push bumper..... :throwup

  340. #3400752012-12-04 15:43

    Another old girl sitting up here. Maybe ex Crown forest or BCFP or even Tahsis co truck. Orange paint underneath yellow.12V nat. Alison airshift trans. 91000 clarks.

  341. #341HDX2012-12-04 22:38

    075 Some of those rims on the tire pile have the old "Combat" wheels from M26 Tank Retrievers that had the Madill Spars mounted on them Those were the wheels with all the bolts holding them together. Very nice to see some still around Better yet ARE THEY FOR SALE I just happen to have a M123A1C Tank Retriever that they would fit on!!!!! The tires and wheels

  342. #3420752012-12-04 23:33

    Every thing is for sale, just not sure who owns them, will ask around .May take a while but I will find out.

  343. #343SPMiller2012-12-04 23:57

    When I was working up in McNeil in the spring I checked these out. They were pretty cool. The autocar down the way was neat too.

  344. #344loggers son2012-12-08 16:54

    P 10 A Kaingaroa Logging Company ( KLC ) P10 triple in the early eighties trev

  345. #345Hayesno12012-12-09 11:17

    Pacific P16 model - owner unknown

  346. #346SPMiller2012-12-10 02:19

    Looks like a yard full of gold!

  347. #347alcan 502012-12-27 23:00

    i saw those trucks in camble river last summer sure ie a nice looking pacific

  348. #348diamondtguy2013-01-06 20:21

    When I worked for Pacific we built three P-16's powered by 12V92's.It was a first for us and the industry I believe.There was alot of hoopla around the trucks.I believe these were wide frame trucks as well..I am positive they were for Mac-blo.Does anybody remember these trucks or know anything about them.I was there for the three Cat 3412 as well.......Cory

  349. #349HD Mech2013-01-07 22:24

    I remember my dad telling me once that Timberwest had some Pacific trucks in Courtenay with 12V92 engines. The trucks were preloaders with 121 axles and hauled three loads in train from Courtenay to Campbell River where the loads were dumped. I don't know if this was true about the engines as I hadn't ever heard of it before, maybe these were those trucks. I have no idea what happened to them after they went to highway trucks.

  350. #350SPMiller2013-01-20 23:24

    Short clip of a pacific driving by.. [video=youtube;XaTV0I90tXQ]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XaTV0I90tXQ[/video]

  351. #351Caterpillar941b2013-02-03 14:05

    I have some recent pics of about 7 p16s i think and 3 p10s wondering if you guys are interested in em? the 16s have rock boxes and the 10s are tractors

  352. #352Hayesno12013-02-03 14:18

    Caterpillar941b; please post pictures - any Pacific pics have our interest

  353. #353Hayesno12013-02-03 15:26

    Pacific P16 with lowbed waiting to be sold. HFP unit #480. Pics were taken in 2005 in Duncan. I wonder where she is or she might have been scrapped

  354. #354HDX2013-02-03 19:23

    She was sold to a guy down that way but suffers from engine failure severe!!! Buzzin Dozzin isnt Buzzin any more But he has another one to replace it. He is working on it The lowbed behind it was sold to another outfit some years ago

  355. #355RCP572013-02-03 19:57

    I wonder if it came with the 5 gallon catch can? Gotta love green leakers!

  356. #356Caterpillar941b2013-02-04 00:24

    pacific p12s and p10s in the crows nest pass about five minutes from Crows nest lake. They were hauling off of the elkveiw mine until 4-5 days ago . They were owned by Fred sowchuk originally whom one of our friends drove for back in the day and my dad and grandpa ran there autocar hauling coal with him. He sold out years ago so and the company that bought em went bankrupt so hear they sit Waiting for auction

  357. #357Caterpillar941b2013-02-04 00:33

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xFoTu...dFNOVA&index=2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mRqDh...dFNOVA&index=3 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4meLBDFM5i4

  358. #358Hayesno12013-03-11 15:47

    IPL Pacific P16 unit #H160

  359. #359Hayesno12013-03-11 16:06

    IPL Pacific P16 unit #H160

  360. #360Hayesno12013-03-11 17:40

    Well here is another IPL unit. Unit #H212 is a P16 model and IPL uses her as lowbed truck. And no more posting for tonight.. LOL..

  361. #361jackd2013-03-11 22:26

    Great pics as usual Hayesno1. Seeing this paint scheme reminded me of a question that I have been meaning to ask the forum. Just north of Duncan on the Trans Canada Hwy - past the weigh scales there is an equipment yard full of highway trucks and other assorted logging equipment. Is this the old Hayes logging establishment? There was an off road truck in a yellow/green paint scheme parked along the south fence - it had seen better days. I've been meaning to stop by and take a pic of this unit, but just never got around to it. I now see that it is gone - anyone have any idea about this truck and where it may have gone to?

  362. #362HDX2013-03-11 22:55

    jackd PM me and I will fill you in OK

  363. #363RCP572013-03-12 10:53

    Does this truck have 1600x25 tires on it? They look a little bigger to me.

  364. #364HDX2013-03-12 22:23

    No just 14:00X25's Looks bigger because there are no ramps on the back of the truck when Hayesno1 took those pics. She is an old Crown Z truck Twin Turbo V12 GM 91,000 Clarks 60-51 Allison. She is hauling logs in Sarita right now and goes back and forth very well. She has been given a real good going over by the IPL mechanics in Chemainus A nice tight truck

  365. #365jackd2013-03-12 23:05

    I got your pm HDX. I am going to spend lots of time in the back roads around Chemainus/Cowichan this summer. So was the H212 re-built right up the road from me at the shop near the Trans Canada Highway/MacMillan Bloedel Truck Haul Road? Was this the old Copper Canyon Division shop back in the day? I guess I'm sitting on a bit of a gold mine in this area and didn't even know it.

  366. #366HDX2013-03-13 22:00

    YES Leroy's bought the shop from M&B and dissasembled it and hauled it down to where it is now on Smiley road When they put it up they changed the configuration somewhat but it is still the old Canyon Shop. IPL ended up with H212 from TYmat along with a lowbed in some sort of a three way deal. The truck was taken into that shop and gone over pretty good . They worked hard on it to have it done for the 90th Anniversary show here in Alberni last july. After the show they low-bedded her back down and welded the ramps on the tailframe again At some time prior to IPL getting her somebody decided to cut the trailer loading ramps off the back end and throw them away because she was now a lowbed truck. However the owner saw the value in another preload truck that is more than capable of hauling wood and to tell you the truth she has worked every day for the last couple months and has not missed a beat. Not only that but the only thing done to her is the odd brake reline.

  367. #367stinkycat2013-03-15 01:35

    I hope this is not hijacking this thread. When I was in my early 20's (I'm 72 now ) a man from the PacNorWest told me that when he was a young man (he was in his late 50's at the time) he drove logging trucks that had water retarders and the head ache rack piping behind the cab was the cooler for the retarder. Is something that was common? I've used water dynos but they required lots of cooling area to remove the heat. As a retarder using water that would be a lot heat to remove

  368. #368beavercove19772013-03-15 16:11

    318 my dads old truck I drove that truck loaded

  369. #369beavercove19772013-03-15 16:18

    my dads truck

  370. #370HDX2013-03-15 21:50

    beavercove1977. I was going through my pics and saw her there. First off Welcome to the forum!!! Did she go there new? I think she went to auction when everybody was unloading the big trucks and going to highway trucks Didnt she spend some time down at Courtenay at the "Y". I seem to recall that Timberwaste had trucks from all over down there for a while back in the 90's and she might have been there. Not sure though

  371. #371Wdonaldson2013-03-16 18:26

    Pacific P-16 pulling low bed trailer with a Hitachi EX400 Roadbuilder.

  372. #372Hayesno12013-03-17 14:58

    Some pics of a P16 preloader. Pics were taken i Courtaneay Y2005 and I thimk truck was used for spare parts. Unit #40-140 might be an ex CZ truck?

  373. #373HDX2013-03-17 18:45

    Hayesno1 40-140 was a BCFP truck from Renfrew Division but as you know after Fletcher Challange took over from BCFP and Crown Z those trucks went all over the place. You can tell the BCFP trucks by the winch mounted on top of the back of the water tank. They were the only ones that used this system Their earlier ones had the winch mounted down on the frame and had just a block up top till this version came out. It was designed by a BCFP Master Mechanic while sitting behind his desk thinking about fine tuning their preloads. Crown Z used the same style as M&B or maybe it was the other way around because they were preloading before most other outfits. We had the straight reach whereas BCFP used the folding reach.If you were a preload driver it was a little awkward to get use to the "Winch Trucks" but once on them you loved them Unit 40-140 went on to become IPL unit H160. She was at the Hayes 90th Show her last year with her driver Al Daschuck . She came originally with two sister trucks 138 139 and then her All were Renfrew Division trucks

  374. #374Hayesno12013-03-19 17:43

    HDX; thanks for great information as usual. Glad to hear she has survived. I've got some pics of IPL #H160 somewhere. Here some pics of a Pacific P12W dump truck (WFP Gold River Div)

  375. #375Hayesno12013-03-21 18:22

    Here 2 pics of IPL #H160 at Hayes 90th Anniversary Show last year. I am still amazed old BCFP unit #40-140 has survived

  376. #376HDX2013-03-21 22:45

    Her original unit number was BCFP's 6-264 went to Renfrew Division new Then became 40-140 when Fletcher Challange re-numbered everything Then when they left it was Timberwest. Then the big garage sale happened and she was bought by Island Pacific Logging and rebuilt /repowered with a C15 Cat and renumbered H160 John Bell drove this truck for a little while so he would be the LAST of the BCFP drivers to actually drive her.

  377. #377Hayesno12013-03-24 15:38

    Pacific P16 preloader. I think it's an old CZ unit. At door and watertank it says #40-90. When I shot pictures truck was running for Munns(Y2005)

  378. #3780752013-03-24 15:53

    They must have been using it for pulling the lowbed. The stand for the air and water line is all wrong for a haul truck. Us loader operators would have that all bent out of shape in no time lol.

  379. #379dunwurken2013-03-24 21:51

    Bent out of shape? More like long gone over the bank. You know what they say about loggers........... Give him a ten ton steel ball at starting time, he's either lost it or broke it by lunch time.

  380. #380diamondtguy2013-03-26 00:27

    We never put a blue radiator on a orange P-16.I only recall one customer buying Blue P-16's in my time there.Looks like one of them got parted out...Cory

  381. #381Hayesno12013-03-27 02:24

    Pacific truck being scrapped at Tom Turners place summer 2005.

  382. #382Hayesno12013-03-27 02:41

    Here a few P16's with blue rads. First 3 pics are B. Carrolls trucks - diamondtguy; I guess you are referring to his trucks. Next 2 pics are a Gold River truck.

  383. #383diamondtguy2013-03-27 09:09

    Yes those are the trucks...It was always a nice change when a blue frame hit the floor...Cory

  384. #384Hayesno12013-04-01 02:16

    Another blue P16. I wonder who was the original owner. It says Timberwate on door. Pics were shot at Koprinos shop.

  385. #385Hayesno12013-04-01 02:35

    Steel Rock Logging P16 truck. This is old B. Carroll unit #9.

  386. #386Greatwestcam2013-04-01 21:13

    ex-ex CE Routh That ex Butch Carrol #9 is one of the 3 P-16 that he bought off Ted Routh, I drove that one for 5 years, has change a bit since then, now has 121 diffs and a 60 series detriot in it. Routh bought that one new in 1978. I think I have a pic or two of it....

  387. #387diamondtguy2013-04-01 23:10

    Interesting stuff...The blue and white H-14 appears to have shop made fenders and running boards.Also on the Timberwest parts truck it has checkerplate(shop made) running boards and rear fenders..I am sure there are a few storys in the history of those trucks....As with all the big logging trucks and equipment.....Cory

  388. #388Greatwestcam2013-05-27 22:58

    P-10 They took off the log rigging and put this rock box on. Had a radio invertor bolted over the ID plate so I couldn't get s/n info. but she is still working.

  389. #389ap40rocktruck2013-05-28 09:49

    Interesting, the box looks puny on the back of that chassis. Thanks for sharing. Rick

  390. #390steveo9162013-05-28 23:38

    hello i have a m26 pacific truck and its matching ww2 trailer. i have seen a few of these converted for the logging industry. i would be very interested in finding more of these trucks or trailers near me in california, but even oregon, washington areas would be fine. if you know where i could find any of the following i would much appreciate. m26 pacific trucks and trailers. yarder undercarriage, sherman tank based. mack NO2 trucks like this one http://www.surfacezero.com/g503/data/2731/IMG_06382.JPG here are some pics of one used for logging and some of my restored one with its trailer.

  391. #391boardbysled2013-05-29 00:08

    I believe M26 a PACCAR product, and the 'Pacific' log trucks were built by a Canadian company under a similar name. Still really interested to see some more M26's converted for logging use. I believe Madill used to use them as carriers for yarders.

  392. #392steveo9162013-05-29 00:24

    these where made by Pacific Car & Foundry Co. for ww2. they had an armored and an un armored version. they where nick named dragon wagon. chain drive on the rear axles. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/M25_Tank_Transporter you can see on the first pic i posted that the truck has the original combat rims with the bolts around the rim so you can unbolt the 2 halfs of the rim to replace the tire. my truck is missing the original rims.

  393. #393ap40rocktruck2013-05-29 10:24

    Pacific Car & Foundry IS PACCAR. In the beginning Pacific Car & foundry manufactured rail road cars among many other items. In the development of the M-26 tank retriever (Dragon Wagon), it was initially designed & built by Knucky truck, but they simply did not have the means to meet the demands of war time production. so the contract was awarded to PACCAR & the Kenworth plant was transformed into a M-26 line. Pacific truck & trailer manufactured on & off highway trucks & trailers (as the name implies) in Vancouver British Columbia from 1947 (i think) to 1995. This is the brand of trucks featured in this thread. Pacific T&T was owned by others over the years, but was NEVER a part of PACCAR, or any of it subsidiaries. In terms of oil field bed trucks & off highway loggers, Pacific & Kenworth had the strongest rivalry, as did Hayes & Kenworth. Now as far as finding more of the WWII trucks you are looking for, most went to Europe for the war & very few ever returned. You might try a membership with the MVPA. The Military Vehicle Preservation Association, they have the network & vendor lists to help you in your search for vehicles & parts. http://www.mvpa.org/ Kind regards, Ap40rocktruck

  394. #394steveo9162013-05-29 18:49

    im a member of some of the military groups online but im more interested in the big stuff. it dosent have the following that jeeps and light military trucks have. thanks

  395. #395ap40rocktruck2013-05-29 20:30

    You should also look into the ATHS & the HCEA, both have vast archives of literature, photos, parts books, shop manuals and so forth, plus world wide membership in the 10's of thousands. ATHS- http://www.aths.org/ HCEA- http://www.hcea.net/ Get on the respective forum on these & start networking. I used to be a member of the MVPA, but just did not have the time to dedicate to the cause. They are a great bunch & the annual events are fantastic. Ap40

  396. #396HDX2013-05-30 22:56

    steveo916 The chain oilers are not showing in the second picture!!! Does the M26 still have the Hall Scott gas engine in her? Exhaust pipe is on the proper side for it Just wondering I have a complete rear assy that has to be dealt with soon--- lots of combat rims. The rims are nice but you only have to break one or two down to soon come to your sense's and go to the tire shop where they will laugh at you! Will take pics of it as soon as time permits and get them posted Your trailer looks VERY NICE.

  397. #397steveo9162013-05-31 11:33

    thanks for the replies. the second pic is a close up of the first pic. mine does have the oilers and the original hall scott engine. the exhaust manifold on mine is badly cracked, do you have one of those? i would be interested in the rear section you have. you are a long ways away though. you wouldn't happen to own a trucking business? here are a couple more pics of my truck. steve

  398. #398wornout wrench2013-06-01 18:01

    When I first started my Heavy Duty Apprenticeship MB had several of the "Dragon Wagons" that had been converted to spar carriers. Madill 009's. The gas engines were gone, replaced with Cummin's 220's I believe. They took the towers off the wagons and put them onto converted 850 kenworths. I didn't have much to do with the wagons, just remember that they were funny looking things. They still had the bolt together rims on them. ugggghhhhhhh! Back to the Pacific thread. Lemare is in the process of rebuilding another P16, repowered with a Series 60 Detroit. Looking pretty good. I'll see if I can get some pictures and post them.

  399. #399D6 Merv2013-06-02 03:59

    Hi Steve Wynns heavy haulage in the united kingdom had a fleet of M26s all set up for heavy haulage. They all had major modifications over there lifetime but were beautifully presented. a smarter person than me will be able to look them up on the internet. But I have the book written by john wynn and its good and covers a lot of there pacifics and diamond Ts. Pic I hope of a mack NO pulling native logs in nz. The landrover on the front just gave enough xtra pull to climb the hill in the wet. Log is a native rimu and very dense; something like 300 board feet to our ton 2240lb. log was around 7000 board foot. and one of the biggest logs it pulled was 12000 ft. original petrol engine only did 3/4 mile per gallon [imp gal] on the steepest bush grades and my grandfather repowered it with a English AEC engine from a valentine tank and it then did about 5mpg.

  400. #400JDOFMEMI2013-06-02 04:16

    Props for the Landy giving just enough to get the job done!

  401. #401HDX2013-06-02 11:13

    Just a heads up for all you Pacific guys Dean Dunbar passed away last week. Another one gone!

  402. #402D6 Merv2013-06-02 16:10

    had a look and is quite a lot on google and youtube about wynns heavy haulage actually and untold pics.

  403. #403HDX2013-06-02 20:36

    Maybe we should start a new thread about the Pacific Car and Foundry and the M26 cause this thread was to do with the OTHER Pacific Not a biggie but it could confuse some of the guys not familiar with what we are talking about. Will see about posting a few pics of them with the Madill yarder strapped to their back as well as Wynns

  404. #404ap40rocktruck2013-06-02 21:45

    I second that! Ap40

  405. #405Greatwestcam2013-06-10 23:15

    1968 p-10 Here is an old Percy Logging unit, still doing fire duty, always liked the look of that dash style. Classic!

  406. #406trakloader2013-06-11 18:38

    Cool, Andy showed me pics of that truck.

  407. #407Greatwestcam2013-06-12 23:06

    P-16 Hey Trackloader was this one up your way? another Olympic unit.

  408. #408trakloader2013-06-13 01:51

    Don't remember seeing that one, the only P-16 I saw last time OFP were here was a sick green colour, and was basically in ruins.

  409. #409Greatwestcam2013-06-22 22:47

    P512s Still on the job.

  410. #4101931 kenworth2013-06-29 02:11

    somewhere in my unorganized garage I have a parts breakdown of the knucky chain drive

  411. #411ap40rocktruck2013-06-30 15:21

    Well that will be a great bit to scan & post, Although you might want to check to see if a new thread has been started for the Pacific (PACCAR) M-26 Dragon Wagon. As it was discussed earlier in this thread. Ap40

  412. #412skadill2013-07-01 20:02

    Pacific When old was still new(shared pic)

  413. #413jackd2013-07-13 23:50

    Antique Truck Show - Duncan One of the fine restorations I saw today.

  414. #414jackd2013-07-14 08:44

    One more. I asked one of the owners about how they managed to run the off highway rigs down to the exhibition grounds in North Cowichan. He said that it was a problem - the HDX's supposedly are maxed out weight wise for the front axle (is this true?) - however some of these units might be grandfathered to allow them to travel on the open road with the suitable pilot vehicles.

  415. #415jackd2013-07-14 17:48

    Sunday Visit. I popped in again to the show today, to see if anything else had shown up. There were a few changes from yesterday. Here's a another shot of the Pacific from another angle.

  416. #416glenlunberg2013-07-15 23:11

    Great shot! It looks like a cool monster.

  417. #417HSV1272013-08-24 15:58

    Hope the moderators don't mind I've already posted this link in another thread but I think it belongs here. Its a P510 that worked in the Kaingaroa forest New Zealand, had a second engine in the first trailer giving it a combined 1000hp and over 200 tonne payload. http://www.xtrucking.co.nz/lmagee.html

  418. #418HDX2013-08-24 22:39

    HSV127 The twin -power was very well covered in magazines back in the 90's. She came from Canada originally Seems to me Lance had a lot of trouble getting the two trans to shift into and out of lock-up together, I recall that one would go into lock-up and the other was still in converter mode till they got it dialed in with the computer. Funny she had two throttle pedals and two retarder pedals. Somewhere I got pics that show the interior of the cab. Last I heard of her she was parted with the trailer and all split up Truck was sold or scrapped. Have you got any pictures of her today?? Is she in fact still around. I know Lance sure loved that truck.

  419. #419HSV1272013-08-25 04:40

    Yeah I remember reading some articles on it and I used to have a poster of it when it was top truck in NZ Trucking Magazine. I can imagine there was a few teething problems with it haha. Sad to see it split up, such a proud looking rig! Unfortunately I haven't got any pictures of it and all I know is that it was deregistered in 1999. Would love to know what happened to it.

  420. #420HDX2013-08-25 13:09

    HSV127 Well it looks to me like you have a mission now LOL Seen as how you brought it up we should try and find out what became of her just for history sake. Funny how the light shines on something for a short time then it disappears into the history books. Thanks for bringing up the story on her

  421. #421camptramp2013-08-25 16:06

    Born2clearcut The 2 P16s up at winter harbour in posting #255 were new at Caycuse in 1978 or 79 the 6-261 had a v12-71 the 6-262 had a 3408 cat in it . After Fletcher Challenge took us over they became the 40-131 and 40-132. They were sold to Moore 2001 2002 when Timber west was switching over to highway trucks at HBO. They were convenional trucks and the last new trucks purchased by BCFP for Caycuse.

  422. #422camptramp2013-08-25 17:25

    Hayesno1 The posting #373 shows IPLs H160 it was originaly the 6-264 it is the last new off highway truck BCFP bought for Renfrew Div. In the spring of 1980. It had a K series Cummuns in it with rockwell rearends the only ones in the fleet with them. The truck was renumbered 40-140 by Fletcher Challange. Though Tom Worth didnt get it new he drove it from about 1984 or 1985 as the primary lowbed until his back gave out around 2004-2005 the truck was taken out of the HBO Div. shortly after that . Sent up to Lyles Courteny Div. where they blew up the engine . It was rebuilt in 2007-2008 and brought back to HBO before it was sent over to the Alberni area. One thing that really through me off is some where along the line the front bumper has been changed .

  423. #423camptramp2013-08-25 17:48

    Hayesno1 Posting # 378 is of the 40-90 it was moved down to Renfrew Di. in late 1991 along with the 40-91 40-96 plus 8 perload trailers in a truck swap for 5 1986 pacific highway trucks BCFP #6-280 6-281 6-282 6-283 6-284 Fletcher # 41-141 41-142 41-143 41-144 1-145 as Renfrew was going back to off highway trucks and Nanimo Lakes was switching to highway trucks. The 40-90 was moved over to Masachie Lake after Timberwest took it over from Pacific Logging for lowbed work along with the 40-96 . The blue rad is off another P16 that had been Pacific Loggings Lowbed truck . wasnt that old dont know why it was parked maybe Timberwest had to many offhighway trucks floating around they all ended up with Munns until reality struck in 2007 and they all went to the auction.

  424. #424HDX2013-08-25 20:29

    camp tramp 6-261 went to Jack Cotterill new and 6-262 went to Roy Schultz (Sarge)new 6-261 had an air starter and if you didn't know and Jack twisted her tail it would make you jump Good bunch of guys Lots of laughs H160 now has a C15 cat but still has the SPR 137's in it. There are not very many of these diff around any more and a brake drum for them is now 2000 dollars each IF YOU CAN FIND ONE. Lyle has maybe 4 trucks with them in them but he is only running two H160 and a Crown Z Preload truck now numbered H119 Pete Glaser has H160 and Dave Golbeck has H119

  425. #425camptramp2013-08-25 23:11

    HDX The 40-90 40-91 40-96 had spr 137s in them if the H119 came over your way with the other two BCFP preloaders (6-260 40-138) and( 6-263 40-139 )P16s its probably the 40-91 . The 40-90 and the 40-96 both ended up at Munns at Masachie Lake and ended up in the auction at Chemainus . I ran across a fellow acouple of years ago that told me the 40-90 and the 40-96 ended up coast at Lily and Russles . Question for you the BCFP preloads were not only different from the CZ preloads by the way they loaded their empty trailers but the king pin to fifh wheel on the BCFP truck were larger than CZ preloaders. Are the pins on the MB trucks the same size as BCFP or CZ trucks.

  426. #426Hayesno12013-08-26 11:20

    Camptramp; great and interesting information. Looking forward for more tales and information. Welcome aboard! 40-96 is for sale at present time with a lowbed. See link: http://www.forestech.ca/index.php/inventory/item/pacific-p-16-t-a-tractor-and-columbia-dam100-lowbed

  427. #427HDX2013-08-26 22:11

    Yes All three outfits had different size kingpins IPL is working on converting them all to the 3 1/2 inch size we had at M&B Sorry camptramp The SPR's are commonly referred to as SPR570's I screwed up with the 137 because that's what some called them However they both mean the same thing. I was at the auction that those two trucks were sold to R/L and they had Leroy unit numbers on them The one with H17 on it was a parts truck and Lyle ended up getting the 5th wheel assy off it if he wouldn't bid against them on it They got it for like around 4500.00 The rear end assy was still completely intact It was not till a short time after that when everybody found out there was no more brake drums and she had 4 good ones on her LOL. I will send Hayesno1 a couple pictures of them down there to post for us OK

  428. #428camptramp2013-08-31 18:25

    Hayesno1 Thanks for the heads up on the old 40-96 it is the truck if you look closely you can see the NASCAR Craftsmen series decal in the drivers side anti draft window . The same morning I put that in my window ,I put a Skoal Racing one in Jack Cotterals 40-131 window (he has a fondness for snoose) got a chucker out of him when he figured out who did it. Also I dont see the Pacific emblem the guys in the shop put on for me on the top rad tank. Its got that 600 Cumiuns in it Ill tell you when Tom Worth had a 7280 on board the lowbed and I was pushing him ,we could get it from Port Renfrew to Gordon River camp quicker than a truck with a load of logs.

  429. #429Hayesno12013-09-02 12:46

    camptramp; here some pics of #40-96 when auctioned in 2008. It still had the Pacific emblem at top of rad on both sides

  430. #4300752013-09-02 18:04

    That truck is now for sale on Forestech site for $134,500 with lowbed

  431. #431camptramp2013-09-02 22:11

    Hayesno1 I was reffering to an oval Pacific emblem on the front center top of the top rad. tank , I had a spare one Im sure it was put on the 40-96 , but maybe my fuzzy memoiry is playing tricks on me , but thanks for checking it out . Always the possabilty some else needed it more the owner of the truck.

  432. #432Sprengstoff2013-09-21 13:44
  433. #433D6 Merv2013-09-21 15:21

    she was sold at the one and only Ritchie bros auction in nz in march 97. Dunno who got it. lance and Nolan [lances dad] went back into the earthmoving business, forming magnum construction. Saw both of them at hurlstones big auction in Auckland 2 yrs ago.

  434. #434loggers son2013-09-21 19:36

    was at that auction and think Colin Sargison (RFH) bought the first trailer for parts, and he did have his eye on the truck, though if he got it I'm not sure.

  435. #435camptramp2013-09-22 23:39

    BCFP 6-260 F.C. T. W. 40-138 Crossing lower Gordon R. bridge

  436. #436camptramp2013-09-23 12:11

    Timberwest HBO Div. 40-96 in better days empty at Gordon R. shop . Loaded at old Harris Cr. Heli landing mid 90's

  437. #437camptramp2013-09-23 12:45

    Hayes1one the pacific emblem is on the center of top rad tank in this picture

  438. #438camptramp2013-09-25 21:02

    BCFP Renfrew Div. Mid 1980's Ron Reters P16

  439. #439camptramp2013-10-06 12:45

    BCFP Renfrew Div. Swan Neva of Lake Cowichan's old Pacific P16

  440. #440camptramp2013-10-17 12:07

    Timberwest HBO Div. #40-139 (ex BCFP #6-263) P16 Pacific leaving Heli landing at old Harris Cr. camp driver Art Nickerson

  441. #441camptramp2013-10-17 22:50

    BCFP Renfrew Div. Chuck Carosella's new P9 Pacific If anybody can keep a logging truck shinier than Chuck I've yet to meet them .

  442. #442dmills14192013-10-24 23:38

    Pacific at logging show Vancouver, BC

  443. #443camptramp2013-10-29 23:29

    Timberwest HBO #40-96 P16 Pacific loaded at a longline landing . The skajit longline tower was set up on a ridge on Granite Cr over looking Hemmingston Cr. The skyline was tail holded above the Hemmingston Cr. M/L , the logs were lifted off the ground with a sky car then lowered on the skyline down to the landing on Hemmingston Cr. M/L

  444. #444camptramp2013-10-29 23:34

    Timberwest #138 P16 Pacific loaded on the Hillcrest M/L ,looks like it pushed the lowbed recently

  445. #445camptramp2013-10-30 22:54

    Fletcher Challenge Renfrew Div. #6-260 P16 Pacific With a fresh coat of paint , and repowered with twin turbocharged V12 Jimmy

  446. #446camptramp2013-10-30 23:02

    BCFP Renfrew Div. #6-284 P510 Pacific with off highway load for Honeymoon Bay DLS

  447. #447camptramp2013-11-01 00:07

    Renfrew Div. The new and the old , BCFP #6-284 a P510 Pacific parked alone side Carley Logging's Pacific water truck , in the Camper Cr. area

  448. #448camptramp2013-11-02 22:35

    BCFP Renfrew Div. Two of A & L's trucks the one on the right has a problem

  449. #449camptramp2013-11-02 23:26

    Renfrew Div. #6-284 P510 Pacific

  450. #450camptramp2013-11-02 23:40

    Timberwest HBO load of longline wood from Hemmingston Cr. M/L #40-96 P16 Pacific

  451. #451Hayesno12013-11-05 17:13

    Pacific P16's; IPL #H119 and #H146 at Sarita summer 2012

  452. #452HDX2013-11-05 20:51

    Hayesno1 unit H146 was involved in a downhill accident and was scrapped back in early May H119 (ex Crown Z truck) now pulls lowbed part time along with H14

  453. #453Hayesno12013-11-06 13:50

    HDX; thank you for information re. #H146. I hope driver ended up okay. Here a few pics of a Pacific P16 IPL unit #H157

  454. #454Hayesno12013-11-06 13:57

    Another Pacific P16 at Sarita. This is a preloader.

  455. #455Jumbo2013-11-07 20:37

    In the second photo, post 455, what type of tire is that on the right rear driver? I have never seen tread like that before.

  456. #456ben46a2013-11-08 20:59

    Looks like a cut retread, where they build the casing up and cut tread in, instead of putting a moulded cap on.

  457. #457camptramp2013-11-08 22:43

    RB Auction at Chemainus 2008 P16 Pacific Ex CZ Timberwest #40-96

  458. #458camptramp2013-11-08 22:45

    RB Auction at Chemainus 2008 P16 Pacific

  459. #459HDX2013-11-09 10:39

    camptramp Posting 458 truck at RB Auction went on to become IPL Unit H119

  460. #460camptramp2013-11-09 22:52

    I believe the P16 in picture has a signature 600 Cummins in it , it was the #40-96 . The H119 P16 was the #40-91 and has a Detroit series 60 in it .They both were CZ trucks from Nanaimo Lakes , #40-90 also came to HBO with them along with eight well used preload trailers . The #40-90 and the #40-96 went to Munns with the private lands the #40-91 stayed at HBO and ended up with IPL The #40-96 doesn't look nearly as well kept as it was at Timberwest HBO in the 1990's after Mike and Kelvin painted it in 1993.

  461. #461camptramp2013-11-10 00:07

    Timberwest HBO #40-96 P16 Pacific with load from longline landing on Hemmingstion Cr. M/L

  462. #462camptramp2013-11-14 23:23

    IPL HBO #40-139 P16 Pacific my last off highway load Sarita M/L and Sarita DLS

  463. #463Hayesno12013-11-16 02:40

    camptramp; great pics I really enjoy your interesting information and tales you add to your pics. I have one Q. What does the abbreviation HBO means? I am pretty sure DLS = dump log sort and M / L = Main Line but please correct me if I am wrong.

  464. #464camptramp2013-11-16 10:24

    When we worked for BCFP there were 2 Divisons Renfrew Div. in the Port Renfrew area and Caycuse in the Lake Cowichan area Fletcher Challenge took over BCFP in the late 1980's in the winter of 1991-92 they combined the 2 divisons and called it Honeymoon Bay Operations HBO .From the time the vultures from down under took over, to the time in 1993 when we became Timberwest they did every thing they could to wipe BCFP off the surface of the earth even stationary and records and pictures destroryed it was a sad time to watch a company grow to it peak . Only to be disasembled and its assets to sold off . The long down hill run leveled off for a few years , but a change in back benchers in the early 2000's continued the plunge to the bottom .It saddens me to look around and see what has become of our forests ,and to think of what could have been . When I started in the woods the plan was to start harvesting the new growth in a 90 year rotation ,I started setting chockers on a setting in Lens Cr. 6500 in Feb. 1966 in May 2006 I hauled the new growth off that very setting . Its not what we do its how we do it that I question. You have the M/L and DLS correct

  465. #465HDX2013-11-16 11:29

    camptramp I was going by the two little handles on the front of the fenders and the oil cooler guard under the front bumper as well as a few wrinkles . I never saw a lot of trucks other than the HDX with that addition under the front bumper that's all. You would know better than I because you were on and around them for a good period of time. It was a shot LOL

  466. #466camptramp2013-11-16 23:45

    HDX you never know where these trucks will show up I heard the #40-96 was bought at the Auction by Lily & Russel along with the #40-90 then Hayesno1 posted a picture of it for sale on Forest teck . Check the serial No. plate if it was built in Aug 1980 it could be it if it has a NASCAR CRAFTMAN TRUCK SERIES decal in the drivers side anti draught window its the #40-96 .If it has a major dent in the left front bumper it could be the #40-96 .

  467. #467Hayesno12013-11-17 15:24

    Thanx camptramp for explanation and tales as well.

  468. #468Hayesno12013-11-17 15:53

    Pacific P16 IPL unit #H147

  469. #469Hayesno12013-11-17 16:09

    Another IPL Pacific P16 logging truck. I don't know unit number but HDX might add further information.

  470. #470camptramp2013-12-10 22:51

    tw Timberwest HBO #40-131 P16 Pacific the old high baller Jack Cotterill crossing the highway off Gordon R. M/L into Honeymoon Bay DLS to dump

  471. #471camptramp2013-12-10 22:58

    tw Timberwest HBO #40-139 P16 Pacific pulled over at water tank fill up at Gordon R. camp.

  472. #472chubbytruks2013-12-13 21:30

    Great photos guys! I recognize a few of the old girls.

  473. #473Vigilant2013-12-15 20:57

    Final Pacific truck being test driven: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dLgZwcWe8Q

  474. #474dirty4fun2013-12-16 05:26

    For those of us that haven't been around how about some specs on the last one. The video was darn good, funny having to make the door bigger to get it out. Then did they have troubles with the rear differential? Thanks for sharing the video, greatly appreciated.

  475. #475diamondtguy2013-12-17 00:45

    Short version...The truck is a V16 powered P-12 for I believe Montana.It hauls two ore trailers.They had two trucks built when I was there.The third and very last Pacific was built in the parts warehouse.The main plant was gone by then.Two of the long time guys I worked with were still there and built it... The truck was built long after production had stopped but he really wanted another one and apparently he wasn't interested in "NO"..The remaining guys at Pacific made it happen.. Hank R video documented the build and most of its on you tube as well as a few videos of the trucks in action..Hank is also a Pacific Historian.. Very large trucks...The 24 trucks we built for the South African Railway were even bigger.You tube has some videos of them as well....Cory

  476. #476Vigilant2013-12-17 02:46

    I thought I remembered reading here that the last Pacific had a V16. Isn't there a photo of it in another recent posting here?

  477. #477diamondtguy2013-12-17 17:20

    I am sure I could get lots of photo's from Hank of it.......Cory

  478. #478ben46a2013-12-18 09:37

    the P12 in that video has a 3412, 12 cylinder cat, likely 700 hp.

  479. #479diamondtguy2013-12-18 13:57

    I just went back over the videos and it appears that the last one was indeed Cat powered.......Cory

  480. #480Dualie2013-12-19 02:04

    wow she seemed to be moving a a pretty decent pace in that vid, didnt think the top speed would be that high

  481. #481camptramp2013-12-24 18:34
  482. #482camptramp2013-12-24 18:36
  483. #483camptramp2013-12-24 18:41
  484. #484ap40rocktruck2013-12-24 22:28

    Just fantastic, Thank you all for posting all these inspiring photos. Ap40

  485. #485diamondtguy2014-01-02 23:35

    ..Trying to figure out the picture loading....This is a P-16 being finished at the plant

  486. #486diamondtguy2014-01-02 23:55

    I have quite a few pictures from my Pacific days and I will put the logging related ones up here on this site.As a kid in my 20's I didn't take tons of photos there but I did take a few.I do know where some more are..Some of you may have seen them already on Hanks site.Hank R set me up on Hanks site many years ago and did a full write up on my Diamond T as well...I only found out about this site when I saw a link to Alaskan equipment left to rust....I have been hooked ever since.......Cory Picture is the very first production built (we had done conversions)tandem front axel Pacific.It was for Duke transport..I was the main assembly guy on this one.Everybody got a shot at playing with the tandem steering assembly.We built lots of trucks for Duke..We were very proud of the truck..I am around 26 in the photo........Cory

  487. #487camptramp2014-01-03 00:38

    Great pictures Cory you got to snap them before we got to scratch them up , I think you have this picture thing figured out.

  488. #488RCP572014-01-03 00:49

    I have to admit that seeing pictures of these trucks brand new makes me want to build a P16 to park beside my 850KW...Do you have any drawings Cory? Oh and by the way, Nice mullet!

  489. #489diamondtguy2014-01-03 01:20

    The picture thing actually is kind of easy and as they are old school photo's they aren't to big..I don't have any drawings anymore but I could probably get some... I am 54 now and still have all of my hair.....actually its still that long.The flair pants are gone tho...This is a picture I found on this site and was not aware of.That is me sitting under that P-16 doing some final touches....Cory

  490. #490diamondtguy2014-01-03 01:22

    More pics of the red P-16.......

  491. #491RCP572014-01-03 01:26

    Wow! Look at how shiny that thing was! Great pictures Cory.

  492. #492diamondtguy2014-01-03 02:25

    More pics of the Mac Blo truck..It must have meant something to me as I took lots of pics of it..I notice it was built in the main shop so that means it was early in my life there.Around 1979 we got our own side of the shop (around 3-4 bays) for the P-16's and P-12's.Due to their length the big P-12 Roughnecks were built in the main shop.We were on the other side of a small partition..I see my thermos and a few other things on the truck....I sure wish I could find my book........Enjoy.......Cory View attachment 112544

  493. #493BTC2014-01-03 08:10

    H-39..... Kelsey Bay truck driven it's career with M+B by one driver Ted France. Have several pictures at the shop of her hauling logs. I don't know where she ended up when the operation went to highway trucks. Ted has retired to the lower mainland though. Was an excellent driver that trained several drivers at the Kelsey and was acknowledged for his safety performance in 1999 as the Divisions leading contributor to safety. Accident free for his entire career. I'm sure one of the mechanics on here from KB can attest to Ted's truck always being looked after.

  494. #494BTC2014-01-03 08:12

    Great post Diamondtguy, Great pics.......

  495. #495ap40rocktruck2014-01-03 10:20

    Fantastic photos from the assembly line Daimondtguy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those are the pics that i am always searching for, as they are the very best reference for the scale models i build. Ap40

  496. #496diamondtguy2014-01-03 13:29

    A couple of Allisons getting prepped for install.I see the remote trans filter fittings have been installed.I see part of my toolbox in the left of the photo....A couple of Cummins sitting there waiting for some love as well.......Cory

  497. #497diamondtguy2014-01-06 23:22

    Some more pics..A interesting Pacific with a standard style frame(bolt together) a big KTA and a Allison with a PTO...Cory.....

  498. #498camptramp2014-01-07 09:47

    HDX Heres a thought on the P16 on posting 455 when the #6-264 was sent to Renfrew Div. the plan was to pull trains to Caycuse its my understanding that there was a second truck to follow . The train idea never happened and the second truck that was to go to Renfrew Div. was rerouted to Elk River could the P16 in posting 455 be that P16 ?

  499. #499Blk prince2014-01-07 20:50

    Just saw not on bottom of post 228,I think not.Very hard to improve on perfection.Lol.

  500. #500diamondtguy2014-01-08 21:51

    Good pic of the Pacific Roughneck..This is the big P-12...We built slightly smaller/shorter versions the we called mini roughnecks.Truck would have a 12v71/Allison and be 6WD.I am pretty sure its a Pacific promo pic as the truck appears to be at a show...I know its not logging but its a good pic and we built quite a few of these for the over seas oilfields..The big P-12's we built for the South African Railway were much bigger but probably not as long..I believe we built 24 of those....Enjoy........Cory

  501. #501RCP572014-01-08 22:23

    Very cool Cory! Do you have any pictures of the African trucks?

  502. #502diamondtguy2014-01-08 22:43

    I have a few pics of the SAR trucks...They were built in 3 batches and the last ones were being finished when I started.I did spend some time on them but not a lot...These two pics were sent to Pacific along with a video of the trucks in action.Pacific showed the video to every one and those interested could purchase copys of the pics.I bought two...but they can be found on the net as well.The P-12 roughneck pic I actually have the hard copy 8x10 in a frame..I don't know where I got it....These two pics are the last of the SAR trucks...The other pics of the SAR trucks came from Hanks site and I probably shouldn't post them........The SAR trucks all hook together to make a road train....Cory

  503. #503diamondtguy2014-01-08 22:50

    There were 24 of these Trucks..Engines varied but they were mostly Cummins(Inlines and V's) and all in the 600HP range and auto's.They couldn't have got used much and I have always wondered if they are just sitting in Africa somewhere collecting dust.Road testing them and shipping was another story....

  504. #504ap40rocktruck2014-01-08 22:58

    Cory, most of those beasts have been rebuilt several times, a few are still working. SAR became Rotran, check out these images on Hank's site: http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/d_child_rotran.htm Ap40

  505. #505diamondtguy2014-01-08 23:11

    Cool...I have seen a few of those pics but not all...Nice to see they are still in use...Thanks for the link...Cory

  506. #506diamondtguy2014-01-08 23:16

    A few more from my(photo album) collection......I have seen other pics of these trucks on the net....Cory

  507. #507ap40rocktruck2014-01-08 23:21

    Just fantastic! Really enjoying every pic you are adding here. Especially the shots taken during the builds. Ap40

  508. #508diamondtguy2014-01-08 23:56

    Three pics of Detroit powered truck...You can tell by the cab mounts it has a Pacific cab..The days of IH cabs on the small trucks are gone.By the looks of the front suspension on this truck the owner had some serious plans for it......Cory

  509. #509diamondtguy2014-01-09 19:27

    One of the nicest looking steel front end hwy trucks we built.The owner of this truck is good friends with Hank R the guy who documented the "The last Pacific built" and he also wrote a article for the ATHS on Pacifics.I am told that this guy bought two of these trucks over the coarse of a few years.They were logging trucks up in the Okanogan Valley...I don't know if this is number one or two...I was told last night that he still owns number two.........Cory

  510. #510Vigilant2014-01-09 19:40

    Couple questions if y'awl don't mind. What year did Pacific first go to square headlights? I believe it was 1986 for KW. Please correct me if I'm off on that. Also, did Hayes or Pacific ever sell any glider kits? Thanks.

  511. #511diamondtguy2014-01-09 20:17

    Hi...not positive the year Pacific switched to the square lights.I would imagine we put the square lights in the new front ends that we designed (steel and glass) after we got rid of the IH cabs on the hwy trucks and were using Pacific cabs on 100% of the trucks....I will try and find some dates.... I cannot speak for Hayes but I saw a good number of glider kits (hwy truck) leave the shop...Maybe a couple a year.. Cory

  512. #512diamondtguy2014-01-09 21:52

    I believe this to be the other black one as it has Dayton wheels not bud....Taking a little rest at the side of the road..Cory.......

  513. #513HDX2014-01-09 22:24

    Yes Vigilant Hayes did sell gliders in all of their models It was another option when replacing a truck

  514. #514camptramp2014-01-09 23:26

    In the summer of 1985 Ron Peters and Ken Long bought new P510 Pacific highway trucks , they had square head lights in them. **** Evans bought 2 Kenworths the same year they had round head lights in them.

  515. #515hd542014-01-10 18:17

    bills first one had daytons second one was all shiny hauled around merritt bc

  516. #516Blk prince2014-01-10 20:49

    Did BCFP get their 5 Pacific highway trucks before Ron and Ken? They also had square headlights.What year were they?

  517. #517Blk prince2014-01-10 22:43

    Just saw posting 309 shows a 1978 P10 with square lites

  518. #518camptramp2014-01-10 22:58

    Ron Peters had an off highway log truck at BCFP Renfrew Div. in spring 1980 and was concidered 1st contracter . BCFP started talking about going to some highway log trucks in 1984 . Bill Neil had 2 off highway trucks behind Ron Peters , Bill pulled his trucks out of Renfrew Div. rather than going to highway trucks . Ron Peters started to arange the switch to highway trucks , trading in his Pacific P16 on 2 Pacific P510's . While this was going on BCFP came to the company drivers and anounced that they were replacing 6 of the company off highway trucks with 6 highway trucks , but if any of us wanted to go owner operator the first one to make the commitment to go owner operator would be first on contractor list. Ken long had been driving for BCFP at Renfrew Div. took them up on the offer and became first contractor at Renfrew Div. Ken Longs P510 Pacific along with Ron Peters 2 P510 Pacific's , D. Evans 2 Kenworths , South Island Log Haul ( Rich Bennetts) new Kenworth and Hayes HD,stated hauling from the woods at Renfrew Div. to Shoal Island DLS when we came back from summer shut down 1985. The first of BCFP's 5 P510's started to arrive about April 1986 ,the last one arrived in May 1986 . The reason that the first 4 of BCFP's P510's came with Par Pac rigging is because ,Ken Long and Ron Peters trucks had Knight trailers and rigging ,D. Evans and South Islands Kenworths came with Par Pac trailers and rigging . BCFP ordered their trucks with Knight trailers , but Ken and Rons' trailers were breaking up before winter set in. BCFP canceled the Knight trailers and ordered Par Pac trailers . As one Knight trailer was already started and it was rengineerred to BCFP spects , they took delievery of it. Looking back I'm glad I didn't jump in over my head at the chance of a life time .LOL

  519. #519camptramp2014-01-10 23:12

    Not sure if the head lights in posting 309 are right go to Hanks truck pictures go down to Pat Carson Bulldozing's truck's . check out what round head lights are mounted in .

  520. #520diamondtguy2014-01-10 23:12

    [Just saw posting 309 shows a 1978 P10 with square lites ].......That looks like a conversion as the box is mounted to the original post mount brackets......Cory Looks like camptramp was posting while I was typing

  521. #521Blk prince2014-01-10 23:14

    Before joining BCFP as contractor Ron was with us a CZ Nitinat.Then went overto Nanaimo Lakes and left there to join your outfit.Same old story of better rate and better roads.Dan,his son,sold trucks to someone down Victoria or Sooke way.I did see one hauling through Ladysmith this past year.

  522. #522camptramp2014-01-11 00:58

    When all was said and done and Ron had slammed a few waste paper baskets around ,he actually had a pretty good thing going for himself until he bought the two highway trucks. He wasn't happy about that second truck , I asked him why he bought it , His reply "it wasn't my idea" . Dan sold the trucks to Gord Trustwell out Cobble Hill way . I drove #14 for GT in 2012 for a couple weeks , it was kind of spooky as I know well the history of Ron's #14. And it isn't my outfit ,I didn't own a bolt in the place . I chose the handle Camptramp cause the only thing I owned was my hard hat, rain coat, nose bag and a bag of tools. LOL The last time I was up at Nekite River I walked into the time office after breakfast on a Friday morning and declared it Chinese Aviation Day- Flyday . The time keeper looked at me and said "your not coming back ? " I answered nope.

  523. #523Blk prince2014-01-11 10:21

    As you say,there is history with that truck.I was hauling chips intoCrofton that night and had no clue as to what was going on until morning.As you say,when you hire on as an employee on someone else's equipment,you do sleep better.

  524. #524diamondtguy2014-01-22 20:30

    These pics are the first of the redesigned smaller trucks with both steel and fiberglass front ends..The small trucks now use the Pacific cab with the new dash.The tilt front end is completely redesigned...These two trucks were driven all over Canada to shows and dealers.All employees of Pacific had input into the new trucks.......Cory

  525. #525diamondtguy2014-01-22 20:32

    couldn't load all of them in one shot...........Cory .

  526. #526Blk prince2014-01-22 21:24

    I think that Camptramp would remember Howard Vaux as he had two trucks at BCFP with the flip hoods.

  527. #527Blk prince2014-01-22 21:28

    Once I learn how to post pictures I will put up photos of CZ first super truck during assembly at Pacific,it was the only one with the 16 71 and the first Cotta

  528. #528camptramp2014-01-23 00:43

    Great pictures diamondtguy , yea I remember Howard and Ron with their Pacific P510f's I think they were 1986's but I'm not positive tandems with triaxle trailers . They were on the tale end of the contractors list and we were over trucked ,a lot of hurry up and wait. Don't known how it was worked out but Bud Graham ended up with the Silver and green Pacific that Howard had new and Tony Green ended up with the Silver and purple one Ron started out with new . Bud and Tony bought the two Pacific's when Pacific Logging at Masatchie Lake switched from Off Highway trucks to Highway trucks. I'll never forget the first time I met Ron we were parked up the road waiting to get loaded. As I was first to get loaded Ron climbed in with me when I backed up under the loader. After a good BS session and I was loaded we pulled out of the landing ,as it was a bit of adverse grade Ron said not to stop as we were going slow he would just step off the running board as we passed his truck . After he stepped off I couldn't see him in the mirror , thinking I had run over him I was just about to stop , when I seen him crawling out of the ditch covered in mud . You know that when you step off something moving , you keep going in the direction of travel . Ron didn't and went ass over tea kettle into the ditch .

  529. #529diamondtguy2014-01-23 00:53

    Blk Prince....I just clicked the insert image box (3rd from right) in the quick reply box and it was pretty simple from there.I pulled all of my pics off my computer out of "my photos"....I would really like to see those pics.Might jog my memory of the Super trucks.I find it odd it don't remember the "Super Truck" yet I remember the three 3412 trucks and the three 12V92 trucks so well.....Cory

  530. #530camptramp2014-02-01 16:08

    diamondtguy do you have any memory or pictures of this P16 Pacific , it was delivered to BCFP Renfrew Div. May or June 1980 It came with a K series Cummins and Rockwell rear ends , its #6-264 BCFP #140 Fletcher Challenge #160 IPL Ried Bryson was the first driver at Port Renfrew.

  531. #531Blk prince2014-02-01 16:27

    I will have to have a meeting with HDX to find how to put pictures on a post. So far all my pictures are in albums

  532. #532Blk prince2014-02-01 16:33

    Camptramp,what is reason for different bulkhead in this post as compared to the Island Best post?

  533. #533Blk prince2014-02-01 17:39

    The bumper is not the same on both trucks,if one is the IPL160 what is the other? A bit of confusion at the moment.This appears to be air start due to large tank on driver's side?

  534. #534camptramp2014-02-01 23:11

    BLK PRINCE I don't know when the bulk head was beefed up , but looking through my pictures the #6-260 BCFP #138 Timberwest and the #263 BCFP #139 look like their bulk heads have also been beefed up . The # 140 was taken out of HBO and moved up to Courteny in the mid 2000's , there the Cummins engine was blown up . It sat idle for a couple of years ,then was repowered and painted thats when ,I would think the bumper was changed it was then brought back to HBO . Maybe the original bumper got destroyed , seems like equipment could be around Caycuse and Renfrew for years and look and stay in good shape, then it leaves the divison and a couple of years later its a candidate for Buget Steel.

  535. #535Blk prince2014-02-02 08:46

    Camptramp,was the 264 an air start?

  536. #536camptramp2014-02-02 10:50

    Yes the #6-264 was air start new but was changed to regular battery starter , probably within the first year.

  537. #537DBDLS2014-02-02 12:07

    Sad to see the real truck being dragged around by the plastic version. Just my own opinion but a real truck has steel fenders, side panels and a steel hood with hinges lengthwise along the top. Fibreglas just doesn't do anything for me. Sorry to see you were forced to work with materials other than steel. Nonetheless thank you for posting the photos.

  538. #538diamondtguy2014-02-02 12:53

    I prefer the steel front end my trucks myself.That goes for any truck make.I remember these days at Pacific and personally felt they were towing the wrong truck... Camptramp....I have been thinking about the BCFP P-16 in post 531 and it has my brain going..That isn't by chance the one truck that was built for the folding reach trailers was it......Cory

  539. #539camptramp2014-02-02 15:25

    Yes it was as were most of the BCFP trucks of that era that were preloader style . You did post a picture of the #6-263 in an early'er post just wondered if you had any pictures of the #6-264.

  540. #540Blk prince2014-02-07 21:33

    Diamondtguy,can you check PM and see if my mess. is there?

  541. #541bccat2014-02-09 22:42

    There are 2 Pacific Trucks on Vancouver Craigslist in Cloverdale B.C.

  542. #542ben46a2014-02-10 18:23

    I'd love to buys those and ship them east.

  543. #54369hayes2014-03-11 12:43

    J Rowells 73 Pacific all cleaned up and heading off to a new job, don't think there's any other truck that's hauled as many blocks as this one

  544. #544ap40rocktruck2014-03-11 12:48

    Is that a P-9???? saw many of these when i lived in New Zealand during most of 1982. KLC & NZFP had fleets of P-9, P-10's. Ap40

  545. #545Hayesno12014-03-11 13:01

    Yes it is a P9 model. Nice clean truck

  546. #546madill man2014-04-27 12:23

    sold at Chilliwack Ritchie bros auction for 8,000 2014

  547. #547markshr1512014-04-27 22:42

    Still running strong This truck works out of Cocoa Fl.

  548. #548Roadfly2014-05-06 15:47

    Greatwestcam, can you tell me the general location of this truck? I'm looking for a pre-1985 P510PS to restore. Looks like it's around Haney or so if I had to guess! Thanks.

  549. #549Roadfly2014-05-06 15:53

    Sorry, can't post the pix but it's from your posting on 06-23-2013.

  550. #550Jumbo2014-05-07 13:25

    The same Pacific in Post 548 arriving in Savannah today, May 7, 2014. Waiting for tide to come up so it can be rolled off the barge. Opposite sides of the continent and still riding a barge. A pretty sight.

  551. #551camptramp2014-05-11 00:34

    Blk prince Not sure who's P16 Pacific this is but it looks brand new.

  552. #552Taylor572014-05-11 15:05

    Old Pacific at Homfray Creek in 1955 This is my father George Taylor and an old Pacific at Homfray Creek in 1955. Homfray Creek is up Desolation Sound on the coast and is 166km from Vancouver.

  553. #553HDX2014-05-11 21:03

    God these are great pictures Taylor57 Thanks for sharing them with all on here

  554. #554Blk prince2014-05-11 22:02

    Why would it have a licence plate?

  555. #555Drifter2014-05-12 14:25

    That truck was sitting in Salmon Arm for awhile a couple of years ago.

  556. #556Taylor572014-05-12 15:49

    Thanks HDX. I'm having a lot of fun doing it.

  557. #557Taylor572014-05-12 15:53

    Well it wouldn't have needed it there. Everything had to be shipped or barged up.

  558. #558Blk prince2014-05-12 20:02

    This is correct but on left of picture is 2 plates,one is a "C" plate and next to it is a smaller plate similar to our present trailer plate. Would be something to investigate.

  559. #559camptramp2014-05-12 20:53

    You got to wonder if someone stuck a regular licence plate and an " H " plate on the pigeon roof as a joke. We've made a lot of progress in mirrors , I don't even want to think about backing up any distance with those mirrors.

  560. #560HDX2014-05-12 22:33

    BUT You guy see how it starts with a "C" Commercial back then Maybe Just a shot

  561. #561camptramp2014-05-14 01:27

    Ray Livingston

  562. #562camptramp2014-05-14 21:28

    Ray tells me this picture was taken at T.W.MacKenzie at Mesachie Lake Squeaky Fortin was the driver.

  563. #563Blk prince2014-05-14 21:40

    I will show it to Squeak. I am sure truck belonged to Buncie Dillon

  564. #564Blk prince2014-05-14 21:43

    HDX,look at picture 563. The stake on the truck bunk hangs down below the bunk. What is that about?

  565. #565Blk prince2014-05-14 21:56

    Somehow this is double

  566. #566HDX2014-05-14 22:22

    Blk prince Its the trailer rest Just hidden by the shadows Look close

  567. #567Blk prince2014-05-14 22:27

    Ok,thanks. Just talked to Squeak and he drove this for Buncie

  568. #568diamondtguy2014-05-19 12:48

    I got this pic a week or so ago from my friends son.He is up in Fort Mac...This is one of the 3412 Cat Powered P-16's.I am guessing this is the truck Coast Power Train did up..There were only three 3412 Cat trucks built and I read here that one of them was scrapped.No idea where the 3rd one is....Cory

  569. #569HD Mech2014-05-19 17:39

    I think HDX said that one was in the U.S. now.

  570. #570HDX2014-05-19 20:56

    Truck pictured above was H94 I think H92 was partially parted out and H93 was sold to a heavy haul company in Washington. When they found out there was /could be a sister truck for parts they bought her also so two are there and that one above is the third truck. I met the guy from down south and he is very happy with the trucks. H93 was being sold to an outfit in Georgia or in that general area and the deal fell through . That is when the Washington company jumped at them

  571. #571RCP572014-05-19 21:00

    Which one was the lowbed truck at Franklin River?

  572. #572diamondtguy2014-05-19 21:13

    Thanks HDX......good to know they have survived..

  573. #573HDX2014-05-19 23:20

    After the H111-- the company changed the lowbed over to a king-pin from the over the bunk style . The preloads were being used to pull the bed and it was 5 trucks taking turns under it till one driver got miffed about overtime LOL, He made the company post the job so then Carl went under it full time. It was shortly after that when the lowbed trailer was converted over to rear steering. The rear axles would steer with the help of hydraulic rams. This was the greatest thing we ever had because now the trailer was in the middle of the road where the push trucks could stay on the back end pushing even on hard corners. The driver had a tiller control in the cab mounted beside the shifter, It had PORT/STARBOARD and a gauge to tell how many degrees the back end was turning. If you were going around a tight corner you could turn the back end as sharp as you wanted and the push truck behind could tell you if it was too much or not enough .During this period the Cotta trans was mounted in H92. Had a lot of problems with that Cotta though. Carl stayed on the bed till he retired at the Christmas shut down of 1998.Then H94 with driver Gary Cathers went on the bed after Carl retired. He stayed on till he was seduced to the all new concept in log hauling HIGHWAY TRUCKS!!! He took delivery of a new tri drive KW in early 2001. The sad thing was poor old H92 became a spare truck and the Company had to break in a bunch of new drivers in Jan 1999 to replace a number of drivers that retired just as WEYCO took over. These new drivers jumped from truck to truck and it was not very long before H92 fell into disrepair. The same fate befell the H94 after Gary got off her. I saw H94 come into the shop one nite with the front bumper and fender bent all to hell !! The driver said he couldn't steer around a corner so instead of stopping he bumped the rock bluff. (This same corner we had been hauling around for a couple weeks) It was not long after that when the same driver drove off a *** spur at the China Creek DLS and she landed on a boulder--split that Allison trans wide open. When Hayes Forest took us over these three trucks were almost given away (Garage sale pricing) they got scattered all over the island then came together at Coast Powertrain in New West to be parted out. These three trucks were really something to drive. It sounded like a locomotive spooling up when you stepped on the air throttle A very good time to be a driver in the industry Everybody was trying new ideas and the trucks were really things of beauty.

  574. #574Blk prince2014-05-27 23:48

    If anyone had a former CZ P16 can someone check the dash. If it was a super truck,there will be3 holes in dash,1/2 inch diameter. They will run up and down as these would have been the shift buttons.

  575. #575Hank R2014-05-29 19:03

    On page 34 there was a question about the South African Pacific trucks, I have 2 pictures, which I received in the mid 70's when down at the Pacific factory. The first one is a group waiting to get loaded on a ship. and the second is I think of some going for a test drive.

  576. #576diamondtguy2014-05-29 23:47

    I remember these trucks...Some of the first stuff I did as a 18 year old at Pacific was work on the SAR trucks.Most of them were done and gone when I started at Pacific...I remember the rotator on the roof was on a hinged panel to get the truck out our shop door.Nice stuff...Cory

  577. #577Vigilant2014-05-30 07:19

    What engine were those trucks running?

  578. #578Hank R2014-05-30 09:00

    In August 1970 International Harvester company acquired 100% of Pacific Truck and Trailer. Pacific was a highly successful operation prior to acquisition. Throughout the 1970's production ran at around 30 units per month, with many trucks destined for operations overseas and the 500th truck built by Pacific left the plant in 1971. As a heavy-duty manufacturer Pacific was in a unique situation. Pacific was a small company which allowed it to adjust its product to comply with specific job requirements. In August 1971 Pacific received an invitation to tender four trucks from IH of South Africa. The South African Railway was to be the end user of these trucks. And were to be used in hauling 150 ton to 370 ton loads. Most of the loads were for Thermal Power Plants, although they could be used to haul any heavy loads. These trucks were 600 hp each. Pacific received the tender and advised International that it would not submit a quotation until Pacific's manager of sales engineering and product development Mr. Gwynn Jenkins had consulted with the final user. Mr. Jenkins went to South Africa September 1971. In the first week of October Pacific submitted a bid for a Model P-12 truck that had never been built. May 1972 Pacific was informed that it was the successful bidder. August 1, 1972 final layout and shop drawings were completed. November 22, 1972 all four units were shipped by ship to Johannesburg South Africa. Amazingly this full sequence of events from receipt of order to full service had taken only 12 months. In the 1970's 18 of these trucks were built, 5 of these trucks were built called Ultra with 800 hp, powered by a Cummins V-12-1710 rated at 800 hp. These trucks had huge radiators since they operated where temperatures would be 40 degrees C. From the top of the cab to ground was 13 ft.

  579. #579Hank R2014-05-30 09:14

    This is picture of the wife's uncle Ken Ganton in the early 1970's, at Merven Creek.

  580. #580camptramp2014-05-30 22:47

    Hank R Check out Vancouver Island Logging at its best page # 87 posting #1267 , there is another picture of M&M P16 Pacific #116 , it was new at Muir Creek in 1972 and Toby Hird was the first driver. Ken Ganton lives in the Cobble Hill area , haven't run into him for awhile , last time I did he was holding his own.

  581. #581Hank R2014-05-30 23:04

    Talked to the old snake charmer last week, still as sharp and witty as ever. His wife was out shopping and he told her not to get any green Banana's in case he turns over before they turn yellow

  582. #582Hank R2014-05-30 23:32

    I feel like I won the lottery, found the Old Pacific that was sold to Capostink Timber in Clearwater B.C. is still alive and in great shape for its age. There is a new picture 1959 or 1960, then one from summer of 1961, and then the ones from May 11/2011. Truck was used by the local dirt race track until 4 years ago and is just parked for now. New at Pacific factory. Summer 1961 May 2011

  583. #583diamondtguy2014-05-30 23:52

    Hey Hank...that truck is going to look a whole lot better sitting in my yard....Still hoping to get a call to come and get her.....Cory

  584. #584Hank R2014-05-31 11:10

    Cory I will try this weekend to call Phil my contact there to see what is happening with the car club and the family members. We both know what will happen if it is not sold or given to a collector. Kids will destroy this classic.

  585. #585Blk prince2014-06-02 23:50

    Diamondtguy,the pictures of the CZ 40-87 with the 16V71 are now in the hands of Camptramp. At his convenience they will be posted.

  586. #586diamondtguy2014-06-03 00:17

    Thanks....I look forward to seeing them.....Cory

  587. #587RCP572014-06-03 00:23

    Me too, me too!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  588. #588Hank R2014-06-03 21:13

    When I was in Campbell River I seen this Alpine P-16, never seen a P-16 with bling, chrome air breathers. Was in the shop getting ready to work at a island up north.

  589. #589PacificEd2014-06-03 23:02

    I'm pretty sure this is a P12. It has the straight frame rails and centered cab. They were popular in the Shawnigan division. There are before and after pictures of this truck over on Pacifictruckclub.org. It was formerly M&B H361. Great pics and good to see it is still used.

  590. #590Hank R2014-06-03 23:08

    Thank-you for correcting me shows how little I know, never thought to look close at it. Sure like the colour and a touch of shiny stuff.

  591. #591PacificEd2014-06-03 23:30

    You know plenty Hank and thanks for sharing these pictures. Very cool. Coast Powertrain rebuilt several of these P12's. One is working for Edward's Moving and Rigging out of Lexington, KY. I have found pictures of at least two more, all painted a dark blue and white, but in different schemes.

  592. #592diamondtguy2014-06-03 23:39

    Well I missed it too...Not used to seeing fully dressed P-12's.I had a look at the other pics of her on the Pacific site.....Cory

  593. #593Hank R2014-06-03 23:48

    I better smarten up just a rookie 1 week and 2 mistakes could be banned if the boss finds out.

  594. #594camptramp2014-06-04 00:20

    Blk prince I got the hint LOL so this is a P P ( priority post ) Cory

  595. #595camptramp2014-06-04 00:22

    Blk prince

  596. #596diamondtguy2014-06-04 01:20

    I do remember that truck....Built I believe just after I started there..It was built just outside the office door in the north east corner.A unusual spot as its a bit tough getting out the door from there.I have a perfect picture of it in my head and I remember when she was fired..A tad loud as she didn't have turbo's.I believe it was the first 16V71 I had seen....Pretty sure I worked on it but that's all I remember... 2nd pic looks like a rather large P-12W.....from my initial look I would say its a first gen Utah Mines truck Cory

  597. #597Hank R2014-06-04 08:55

    P-16 mid 1970's Mike Easton trucking, driver Dave Huston, 14 ft bunks upper Pitt lake. Load of Cedar looks like it is over a 100 tons not sure on that

  598. #598donkey doctor2014-06-04 11:02

    That's a great picture Hank. Thanks for sharing. d.d.

  599. #599diamondtguy2014-06-04 16:44

    Cant edit my post..I meant to said 3rd (yellow ) pic looks like a P-12......Great P-16 shot Hank

  600. #600Blk prince2014-06-04 18:36

    Diamondtguy,the 3rd picture in Post 596 shows the lites and shift buttons for the Cotta,below air cleaner indicators.

  601. #601diamondtguy2014-06-04 19:09

    The buttons look familiar to me but that's about all I remember of this truck...I really wish I could find the book I kept with all my notes in....Cory

  602. #602Hank R2014-06-05 22:00

    In the summer of 190 my Friend Mike Beesley came to Canada for visit and toured the pacific factory here are some of his pictures.

  603. #603Hank R2014-06-07 08:19

    A few more from Mike. I realize that this is not a logging truck...........BUT Oct. 1991 is when the factory closed its doors, this was titled as a 1991. 1991 model PFC 410 was originally built for Concrete Replacements Ltd. of Kansas City and was sold through Schwing of America. If any one knows what happened to this truck could you let me know.

  604. #604Hank R2014-06-07 16:34

    In August 2006 I was at Coast Power Train and these 3 ex Franklin P-16 trucks were there. If I remember correctly 2 were being rebuilt and have been sold, one was going to turn in to a Heavy Haul truck. These 3 trucks had Cat 3412 motors for power, which many would consider a best for power. Larry McNutt from Coast Power Train. Me inside ready to go for a rip. Truck was running if the gate would of been open I would pay fine if I got caught just 1 lap around a few blocks worth it.:drinkup

  605. #605HDX2014-06-07 20:48

    Hank You took a couple pics inside the cab of exH94 and it showed the tiller and port/starboard guage for the rear-steer big Franklin Low-bed If you find them could you post them on here so the guys could see what they looked like!!!! Thank You

  606. #606Hank R2014-06-08 08:47

    Here are a few more of the ex H94. Thanks for looking

  607. #607Sigurd2014-06-08 09:26

    Hank R, could you please explain the first pic in post # 607 about weights, i cant see the left of the plate. Thanks Sigurd

  608. #608Paystar2014-06-08 12:47

    Awesome pictures Hank.

  609. #609Hank R2014-06-09 08:54

    Soory I do not have the answer for you right handy, I will have to find a serial # plate. I can guess but I think not. Some one else here should be able to us out on this one.

  610. #610camptramp2014-06-09 17:29

    Every Hayes or Pacific Off Highway logging truck I've driven has a GVW ( Gross Vehicle Weight ) Plate like that , there really isn't any way of telling how much a loaded off highway log truck actually weighs unless it crosses a scale at the dump or is weighed by a A Frame dump when load is lifted off . You can tell that a load of mountain side fir or cedar is lighter than a load of valley bottom load of wet hemlock or balsam , or how much volume of wood the loader has managed to pile on the truck. The driver has a pretty good idea if its over loaded or not by the way it leans on the corners and the way it pushes going down hills.

  611. #611Hank R2014-06-09 18:43

    Thanks camptramp, I was thinking the 66,224 hg is max load just on the truck and 226,796 it GVW (gross vehicle weight) when loaded truck and trailer combined. 11,793 is empty weight of truck when it left the factory, 54,431 is truck and trailer empty. I may be wrong but that is how I figure it out with highway trucks.

  612. #612Blk prince2014-06-09 19:37

    HDX,last picture in Post shows console. Is this the steering for the lowbed? How long to get good at operating this.k what was reaction time from cab to lowbed axles? Post 607.

  613. #613ben46a2014-06-09 20:03

    Hank R, close, but the 11793 is the front axle weight rating (about 25,000 lbs) and the 54,431 is the rear. This truck had 120,000 rears.

  614. #614Hank R2014-06-09 20:18

    I would like to know also what the function are, I read on the console what some were but forgot:beatsme

  615. #615Blk prince2014-06-09 20:47

    HDX,after answering questions about lowbed and truck weights,I would like to know where controls are for 5th wheel and trailer loading.I had 3 inthe 87 but nothing like this. You will be busy tonite. Lol

  616. #616HDX2014-06-09 21:34

    ben46a The three of them came with SPR570 rears (137000)

  617. #617Hank R2014-06-10 08:33

    Got a few more here for us to look at.

  618. #618Sigurd2014-06-10 12:48

    Thank you all for the weight explanation about Pacific nameplate, think i have it straight now... Sigurd

  619. #619ben46a2014-06-10 20:44

    Dangit, I thought I was on to something there!

  620. #620diamondtguy2014-06-10 20:53

    I well remember putting P-16 rear spring packs together.I believe the U-bolts were 1 1/2 inch..We used to torque them by hand.One five foot long 500 ft lb torque wrench and a 4 to one multipier.At 145lbs it was a bit of a struggle for me.The company eventually bought a very large impact to do it.I also notice a few weld repairs on the truck.

  621. #621Blk prince2014-06-10 21:53

    Diamondtguy,do you remember if any of these units had twin steering rams? The CZ 40-87 had twin rams.

  622. #622Hank R2014-06-10 23:11

    Did any of the P-16 have heavier rears?? I know the 2 Challengers that were built for Line Creek coal had Rockwell SPRC 4860 Planetaries rated at 180,000 lbs.

  623. #623diamondtguy2014-06-11 00:16

    Blk Prince....I noticed right away that the 3412 truck pictured above had twin steering rams.It was not the norm.As your truck had it as well I can only assume it was a option or due to the engines size or front axel it got one on the right side.. Edit....I just looked at some of my pics and found this pic I took of a KTA powered P-16 that has the right side ram....Maybe spec'd that way for its intended use...

  624. #624camptramp2014-06-11 01:13

    Not positive but I think BCFP trucks #6-263 and #6-264 came with left and right side steering rams . Ex CZ trucks #40-90 #40-91 and #40-96 only had left side steering ram.

  625. #625DBDLS2014-06-11 02:46

    It is my understanding that Kelsey Bay Division spec'd their trucks with twin steering cylinders.

  626. #626Blk prince2014-06-11 21:04

    Just a note about the decals. In the M&B thread post 50, there are 2 highway trucks now fire trucks. Look so similar that they could be same year yet one has hood decals and one does not. Strange.

  627. #627Hank R2014-06-11 22:10

    Here are a few more showing Passenger side and the Cat power.

  628. #628HDX2014-06-11 22:17

    Hank R The last picture right above shows the air throttle (Top left of picture)

  629. #6290752014-06-11 22:55

    When Jeune Landing was looking for a new lowbed truck our Master Mec looked at one of those.When he checked the maintenance records for the truck and saw all the drive shaft problems and the Rockwell diffs he backed out. Kind of wish he bought it would have been hoot to drive. We did end up buying Kelsey Bays 150 ton Lowbed .

  630. #630Hank R2014-06-11 23:03

    I am surprized that I took so many pictures of this truck usually I only take 2 or 3.

  631. #631HDX2014-06-11 23:42

    Blk prince You asked me to explain the control layout of H94 as a lowbed tractor. Go to post 607 last picture-- The one thing missing is the port/starboard guage that was mounted just forward of the electric shifter for the trans. working back from the shifter is the rear deck dog(kind of hidden behind the shifter)small lever this control was used to secure the rear deck in the up position when the empty trailer was being carried on the back of the truck. Kept the trailer from creeping down overnite or when travelling back to the bush empty. This dog was mounted in the rear window of the water tank. In these pictures it is missing. Then the next lever(first high one) was the lowbed steering control lever. Air over hydraulic. So if you help the lever over toward you the lowbed would steer to the left and if you held it over hard to the right it would steer right.If centered it would track straight and you could dog it in the straight position with a remote flipper valve. This whole steering was an art unto itself Lots of practicing and some ooopppps but once you mastered it she was a thing of beauty. Carl and Gary were without a doubt the best I ever saw or pushed on it. They were very good at. OK next lever is for the 5th wheel(that is why it has the lock out protector on it) if you were not familiar with how these trucks worked and you tried to load the empty trailer on the back you could rip the king pin out of the trailer by using the wrong lever, So it was kind of locked out .When you were going to unhook the trailer or drop a loaded trailer you would use this lever to lift the LOAD ONLY. The one ram that this lever controlled would lift up to 120 tons. If you had a heavier load than that and you had to unhook from it you would put the truck in reverse and lift with the hydraulics and back up with the trailer legs jill poked into the ground at the same time. CAREFULLY. Any of you preload drivers know this drill cause you did it a time or two yourself LOL. Last lever is for loading the empty trailer onto the back of the truck--lever left and trailer comes up lever right and trailer goes down off the truck to stretch out for loading etc. The controls on the driver side of the control plate are the air guage for the water tank (air pressure going into water tank) then the flipper switch was to turn the air on or off to tank. Normally you would never flip this switch to the OFF position unless the water tank for whatever reason was going to be empty for a while. More than one driver did shut the air off to the water tank then forgot to turn it back on and had a runaway because without the air going to the water tank there is no pressure to force the water to the truck/trailer brakes. Last is the PTO You turn this on then flip the rear lever to either the PTO side that would work the truck hydraulics for loading trailer or flip it to LOW BED side to control the steering for the lowbed trailer That is about it. Seems pretty overwhelming but with the right guy in there it was something to see. After Gary got off it she pretty much was parked then the trailer body was cut up!!!! I will look for some pictures of it in action.

  632. #632Blk prince2014-06-11 23:50

    Ok,now that's pretty much the same as I had. The water valve and gauge were on the dash. I had a lever for 5th wheel one for trailer load and one for lowbed ramps. I could not steer lowbed.

  633. #633Hank R2014-06-12 11:29
  634. #634Blk prince2014-06-12 20:17

    It would be nice to see if these were restored

  635. #635HDX2014-06-12 22:04

    Hank Thanks for posting those! Probably the last ones we will ever see of the two of them together. The first picture is the back end of H92 You can tell by the two frame extensions welded onto the top rear frame rails Any of us that pulled the big lowbed had those welded on there for the gooseneck rams when you were disconnecting the gooseneck from the trailer to load machines. Almost the same lowbed that Menzies Bay Division still has. Maybe someone from up that way could post a side view picture of her. Sure a shame to see those old girls like that. They deserved better H92 Carl Breidenbach got new and kept her till he retired Christmas 1998 H93 Les Nelson new. and H94 was Johnny Dojack for two weeks then Luke Weber got her and stayed on her till he retired also Christmas 1998.

  636. #636Blk prince2014-06-12 22:25

    HDX,looking for connections for lowbed hydraulics. I had hyd. Lines at back of tail frame for lines and quick couplings.also,no cylinders for trailer loading just right size for making a wood splitter!I wonder?

  637. #637Hank R2014-06-12 22:34

    And for the rest of the story give me a half a hour please.:drinkup

  638. #638HDX2014-06-12 22:35

    Blk prince All the lines were mounted on the lowbed trailer itself. Had a 2 cylinder Lister diesel mounted on top of the gooseneck that ran all the functions All we did was back into it hook it up Water and air lines --start the lister and lift the trailer up with hydraulics to the travel position and go. Will post a couple pics tomorrow nite of her OK

  639. #639Blk prince2014-06-12 23:00

    Ok,I understand. Also I think I met one driver out where your guys made trains. This fellow always wore coveralls right?

  640. #640HDX2014-06-12 23:02

    Branch 57 NitNat Carl was the guy Kind of dark something like someone else I know

  641. #641Hank R2014-06-12 23:09

    Your question has been answered, at least 1 has been restored as a heavy haul truck it is now Owned by Action Heavy Hall and Transporation, I took these pictures May 2013 at Yakima Washington. It was shown by Tyson Friesen from Lyndon Washington. I did not get the serial # from it but talked to Tyson and he told me when they bought it from Coast. The truck is called Wee Willy in honour of Willy ??? that founder or owner Coast. Here is me old chicken legs.

  642. #642Blk prince2014-06-12 23:40

    Great to see! Has the new owner seen any pictures from the past? Looks so different without a water tank. Thanks again

  643. #643Hank R2014-06-12 23:49

    I do not think so, I told him I have a few from when it was at Coast, I was under the impression that his Dad went and looked the truck over and maybe 1 picture. Left Tyson my # and he never called. Sure sounded sweet when he had it running for a few minutes,

  644. #644HDX2014-06-12 23:54

    Holy Cow How did she end up with a HAYES 5th wheel OH DEAR

  645. #645Blk prince2014-06-13 00:08

    I will be in retirement mode shortly and seeking out this beauty will now be on my bucket list!

  646. #646Hank R2014-06-13 00:33

    When you find it take lots of pictures for us. Tyson was only around once. Heard the truck running so I hustled over with 50 others. Wish I would of got more from the back and inside.

  647. #647Hank R2014-06-13 15:02

    Found this drove Hard Pacific?? at Cawston B.C. I am guess a Pacific by the looks of the clutch and fuel pedals and the hood. Now working ?? in a vin yard.

  648. #648ap40rocktruck2014-06-13 16:12

    UGH, such a sad way to "retire" a great name in trucks!

  649. #649Hank R2014-06-14 08:41

    A few Pacific hand outs, I picked up in the day, when there were shelves of these at the dealers.

  650. #650RCP572014-06-14 08:50

    That P16 must have been a right hand drive model! Great brochures! Thanks for posting them. I wish the P16 brochure had the same side profile drawing as the P12 brochure. That would be great for modeling off of. Reg

  651. #651Hank R2014-06-14 08:59

    I am thinking not right hand drive. I only know of these 12, P-16 trucks were sold to North Borneo Timber in Malaysia. 15 years later 1987, these trucks returned to Canada and were converted to left hand drive for use on Vancouver Island, since is was very unlikely that a B.C, logger would want to sit on the other side of a logging truck to drive. These trucks had Detroit Diesel 12V71 engines, Allison 5960 automatic transmissions, Clark VT91 rear axles, and 1400x25 rubber. There may be more but not sure if and how many. New Zealand had right hand drive Pacific trucks but no P-16's

  652. #652RCP572014-06-14 09:13

    I was just being sarcastic. I didn't think that they even would have made a right hand drive truck so it's interesting to know that they actually did! If I gave you my email address would you email copies of the full size brochures to me? Thanks, Reg

  653. #653Hank R2014-06-14 11:03

    I should be able to do that, have some P-10, as well.

  654. #654DBDLS2014-06-14 11:36

    Hello RCP57: I was trying to send you a PM. The message is that your mailbox is full. Can you help out with this problem?

  655. #655RCP572014-06-14 11:45

    Haha, just sent you a PM about your PM.lol I made some space in my PM box....

  656. #656HDX2014-06-14 22:10

    Blk prince Re Posting 636 This is the Menzies Bay low bed that was the same as the Franklin low bed. You can see where the bar comes down to rest on the tail frame so when you unhook the gooseneck to load equipment on the low bed deck this would support the gooseneck. They use one of their CL350 Macks to pull the bed. This Mack has been retrofitted with a Pacific cab.

  657. #657Hank R2014-06-14 22:31

    HDX how long does it take to switch over, and how often do they switch from low bed to log hauling. Thanks great pictures. Hank R

  658. #658HDX2014-06-15 00:17

    Hank R This truck stay's under the low bed at Menzies Bay Division. In todays work schedule with Island Pacific Logging in Sarita we are running between 15-17 big trucks Hayes HDX and Pacific P16's. Several of the Pacific's are Pre-load trucks and there is only one HDX Pre-Load --H17. Any of the preloads can hook onto the low bed and move it if needed because it has a king pin on it. However only a couple of the Pacifics have the low bed hydraulic system plumbed to operate the rear ramps and the jacks. It is pulled mostly by H14 with 121 rear ends and H119 with SPR 570 Rear ends. When the low bed is needed it takes only a couple minutes to unhook the logging trailer and back under the low bed and take off. The longest part of unhooking the logging trailer is getting the two legs down. This low bed pictured above splits at the back of the gooseneck and detaches , Truck pulls up to where the machine is to be loaded on board and the driver gets out and starts the lister engine to run the hydraulics and lifts the gooseneck to the full up position then chains up both stabilizers and pulls out two big pins (one on each side) then lowers the bed down to the ground, Next he will drop those two rams with the cross bar down onto the truck tail frame until it has the full weight of the gooseneck just off the ground, gets back in and drives the truck into the clear. When everything is clear the machine walks up onto the front ramps and into position on the low bed-- the truck backs up and into the front of the bed and the hydraulics lift everything back up to the travel position. I'm sorry I didn't take more close-up pictures when I took these last year. I didn't know that it would ever matter because I was only taking them for myself and I know how everything works. From now on I will think of all you guys that don't know about how these things work so you can see for yourselves.

  659. #659Hank R2014-06-15 08:51

    Here is some P-10 hand outs I had.

  660. #660ap40rocktruck2014-06-15 18:40

    So what is the tonnage capacity of that massive lowbed trailer hooked to the CL-350ST?

  661. #661Vigilant2014-06-16 03:50

    I pulled a few dedicated lowboys on the highway with detachable goosenecks that ran off of a PTO and hydraulic line. Pretty slick way to move equipment, but not nearly as impressive as the one listed above.

  662. #662Hank R2014-06-16 08:55
  663. #663Blk prince2014-06-16 21:33

    Notice the P500 with the fibreglass hood. When we were cleaning out the booming grounds at Nitinat,I had to tow all the loaded trucks up the original Grosslakes Hill. One of the trucks was a P-500 flip hood. It did not have any tow hooks. The one in this picture foes not have any either. No way to tow it.

  664. #664Blk prince2014-06-16 21:35

    Camptramp is the truck in the photo the 254? Not too clear.

  665. #665HDX2014-06-16 21:50

    The P16 pictured above is in Sarita. 6-258 from Caycuse. Some years ago she was involved in a accident and was used as a parts supply! She has been parted out somewhat and I was told today that she is to be cut up VERY SOON!!!! WFP is on a witch hunt about stuff sitting around. If I have to I will take a day off and remove everything I can before the cutters arrive. There is a ton of stuff still on her, water tank- fuel tank- cab (small windshields) Williams air shifter etc Steering column and box ,steering ram. Lots of stuff like rad hose's and pipes If I get a chance I will post a couple pictures There is two of them The other truck was hooked onto the low bed at Courtenay when she came down here Sad but she had been repainted and all numbers were gone so I cant tell you her ex-Crown Z number. Maybe somebody will be able to come up with a number for us or might remember her.

  666. #666HDX2014-06-16 21:54

    ap40rocktruck If memory serves me right those low bed trailers were rated at 120 tons at least! Could have been more because I remember hauling the J28 Madill Grapple Yarder on it and that thing weighed 120 tons without the lines and all the rigging

  667. #667Blk prince2014-06-16 22:01

    HDX does anything in your fleet have and use block heaters in winter?

  668. #668ap40rocktruck2014-06-16 22:02

    Thank HDX, will make for a interesting project for 2015....

  669. #669HDX2014-06-16 22:10

    NO PLUG IN's There is a wall plug near the tire shop with an extension cord that looks somewhat like a deranged porcupine in heat with things sticking out all nilly willy but with 12 P16's all trying to plug in i'm afraid it gets a little stressfull The Hayes's suffer in silence in their usual parking place's

  670. #670camptramp2014-06-17 00:32

    The #6-254 was a HDX Hayes , it might have been the last Hayes BCFP bought , the trucks a conventional the number could be a 256 or 258 I know the #6-258 was a conventional and it had a V12 and low cab with that style bumper, new at Silver R. then moved to Caycuse 1982 .

  671. #671Hank R2014-06-17 19:47

    I know it is not a Pacific truck but the trailer is a Pacific, LB-20 20 ton trailer Serial # 7202 sold to the B.C. Government May 20, 1947. Phot is 2 blocks from where I live.

  672. #672Blk prince2014-06-17 20:22

    Hank,was the lowbed a single axle,cannot tell and how many wheels?

  673. #673Hank R2014-06-17 20:54

    If I remember correct it had 8 wheels at the back. George just passed away last month so I can not ask him as he gave me the pictures. Sorry.

  674. #674Hank R2014-06-18 08:57

    Dave drove this P-10 which was owned by Bighorn Logging, Hope B.C. 1991

  675. #675NP-15-A2014-06-19 20:20

    This is my first post on the Pacific site! I've looked and read this thread for awhile, lots of good info on here. I am a member of ATHS Vancouver Island Chapter. Just to let truck fans know, we are having our truck show at the BC Forest Discovery Centre July 12-13, 2014. This year's Truck Show poster features Roy Saunders' 1970 Hayes HDX, it was restored years ago by ATHS members (I think). At this year's Truck Show, I know there will be a few Pacific Trucks as well as three, maybe more, Hayes, this includes my Hayes. If you have any questions feel free to check our web site www.athsvancouverislandchapter.com or post questions here to me. Regards

  676. #676HDX2014-06-20 22:38

    NP-15-A Is this the 1952 version or the later version There was four different versions of this number Cam Two were bolt on with the fine little screws and the last two were cast pins. Welcome to the site!!!!!

  677. #677Hank R2014-06-22 08:38

    Here are some photo's that I drove in the 1970's. These P-10 trucks were a little smaller than the P-10 loggers on the island. Dec 13, 1974 Roy Harker and Jack Kukler at Pacific truck and trailer picking up new trucks. 335 Cummins 5 & 4 splicer Dec 27,1974 Calgary with coal boxes installed heading down to Sparwood B.C. Jacks truck #35 Coal Feaver Roys truck #36 getting a load

  678. #678DBDLS2014-06-22 10:20

    Nice looking trucks...even better after you gentlemen dressed them and put them to work. Thanx.

  679. #679Hank R2014-06-22 12:05

    I got Bruce to put 2 extra buckets on, usually not that much as with that load would of been close to 100,000 lbs GVW. 36 the one I drove weight around 34,000 to 35,000 lbs empty and usually carried 30 tons, so GVW was around 95,000. After a few years we got smart and went with even less payload and had less tire trouble and made a little money. One learns to late some times the less of a load you have money $$$ stay in the hip pocket.

  680. #680Hank R2014-06-22 12:10

    This is how most loads looked, then even a bit less.

  681. #681Hank R2014-06-23 09:14

    In 1975 Fred bought 2 P-12 W3 trucks, this is his first one at the welding shop getting a box built. Note chain from grill guard to hoist cyclinder. Pacific sales man came up for fancy picture taking and I scammed one. A few days latter.

  682. #682HD Mech2014-06-23 23:08

    Is the truck still in use?

  683. #683Hank R2014-06-23 23:30

    I do not know, Fred sold out about 20 years ago to Tercon Construction the trucks were re #, and some of the Pacific trucks went to Tumbler ridge and the rest stay in Sparwood. 2 years ago they went belly up. 4 were sold at Ritchie auction a year ago and 1 went to New York State. If I remember correct he bought 1 oe 12 Pacific P-12 and 4- 849 Kenworths.

  684. #684Hank R2014-06-23 23:41

    Here is picture of #4 in 2010

  685. #685Hank R2014-06-24 08:36

    When I was there in June 2012, it was kind of sad only 6 or 7 trucks left the P-10 is all I could see.

  686. #686Hank R2014-06-24 08:42

    There were 3 1990 P-512 PS sold in New Zealand. 35 ton Knight coal box, Cat 3408 V8 503 hp, Allison CLBT 5960 transmission, Rockwell FU91P front axle, Clark BD 91,000 Planetary hub reduction axles, 1400x 25 tires on a 230 in wheelbase. Al 3 trucks are still in use in New Zealand, 2 are dump trucks and 1 is used for heavy haul work.

  687. #687Hank R2014-06-24 12:20

    A few more from Tercon/ Fred Sowchuck trucking Steve Berg driver.

  688. #688ben46a2014-06-24 19:57

    The truck that went to new york is on machinerytrader.com right now for 49,000. If I had the money I'd be picking it up. Listed as a P512

  689. #689Hank R2014-06-24 20:37

    I think you should save your money It sold at Auction for around $11,000.xx tops. I thought the highest one went for under 10K, plus buyers fee. Plus they painted it but ugly green. I had the price for it just can not find. April or May 2013 Ritchie Auction, Guess freight is costly

  690. #690Hank R2014-06-24 22:56

    This could be the same truck as in #685 first picture, just given a quick splash before the Auction, this one is in Southern Alberta along with 4 P-10's and the high $$ one in New York. A friend Chris took these and sent to me.

  691. #691Hank R2014-06-24 23:06

    This a P-12 W on its way to Tumbler ridge area. Line up of trucks not in use about 10 years ago.

  692. #692Hank R2014-06-24 23:32

    This P-12 W was sold to a logging company in Quebec.

  693. #693ben46a2014-06-25 04:15

    http://www.truckpaper.com/listingsdetail/detail.aspx?OHID=4246769 Hank, its more of a want than a rational need, not many pacifics this far east! Doesn't look in bad shape, but has a strange driver fender/fuel tank setup. There's also a P9 on there for sale.

  694. #694Hank R2014-06-25 08:52

    Most Pacific trucks were built for a special purpose and were over built for strength. Which made them heavier, the truck that is for sale has a 50 or so yard box on it. The fuel tank is not the factory one, the fender steps were most likely damaged along with the fuel tank. This would of been a quick fix. The highway /off highway trucks P-510 F and P-510S sold in good numbers but were 2 to 3 thousand lbs heavier than other trucks on the market. The market for a heavy duty off highway truck back east is not there like the west where there are a lot of off highway hauls. But the first Pacific sold went to Bow Waters Pulp in Newfoundland, they bought several more in the 1940's Hope this helps.

  695. #695Hank R2014-06-25 10:33

    Part 1 Pacific history. Pacific Truck and Trailer 1947 -1991 by Hank Rabe Pacific Truck and trailer was a relatively small, but always expanding west coast custom manufacturer of heavy duty on/off highway trucks and trailers. Pacific was founded in 1947 by 3 ex-Hayes employees, Claude Thick, Vic Barclay and Mac Billingsley. Pacific's first built trucks on a wharf at West Coast Shipyards in the False Creek area of Vancouver. The first truck that rolled out the shop was a model E-MAD in May 1947. This truck was sold to Bowater's Pulp and Paper in Newfoundland,on the east coast of Canada, 3,000 miles away from the factory. Truck #2 was also sold to Bowater's and had Hercules diesel # DFXE 5. Pacific quickly established themselves in the B.C. market producing logging trucks and trailers for major forest companies and independent log haulers. They also built 2 lowbed trailers for the B.C. government Dept. of Highways. Within a year production requirements dictated a move to a larger facility on Franklin street in the East end of Vancouver. In 1948 they also built a Fire truck for the Vancouver Fire Dept, also Elder Logging of Sooke B.C. bought 2 trucks model ESMW powered by Cummins HB-600. Bamberton cement, north of Victoria B.C. bought a Pacific with an off set cab and dump box, this truck was built to compete with Euclid in the off highway dump truck market in 1948. Elder Logging bought 2 more trucks in 1951 and 55. In 1953 they expanded again to include a sheet metal department. During this time the staff expanded from 11 to 53 employees. Growth was slow in the 1950's since it took 2 months to build a truck. However, Pacific's reputation had already reached far-off New Zealand and in 1954 the first six trucks were exported there to enter service with New Zealand Forest Services. Changes were slow in this time and was mainly to styling of the front fender and headlights. Pacific stayed with the first style of truck until 1955 or 1956. These trucks had a square type of fender, large single headlights which were mounted on the front bumper. They had a rounded grill in the front of radiator. The second design the fenders were rounded and the headlights were mounted on the side of the radiator. These trucks came with a guard over the top of the lights and a grill guard in front of an exposed radiator with shutters. The name Pacific was painted on the hood and Pacific was cast into the upper radiator tank. On most trucks the exhaust was also moved from coming out of the hood to the rear of the cab. During this time they manufactured a cab over truck for snow plowing and sanding on the Hope-Princeton highway. A total of 4 units were built, 1957, 1960,1961 and 1962. These were the only cab-over trucks that Pacific built until the mid 80's. Pacific built a handful of trucks with Rolls Royce diesel engines, but never built a truck with a gas engine. The 1960's saw more changes again. They now had script lettering in chrome on the hood and radiators. 261 trucks were built using rear axle model #'s. The long-serving E-Model was replaced by the P-model. Before this trucks were rated by their rear end size. The fenders were still rounded but some trucks came with square fenders. In 1965 a P-9 truck was sold to Schneider logging in Kelowna B.C. This truck had square fenders and the headlights were mounted on the front fenders. They went from large round single headlights to 2 small round lights on each side. The first I-beam truck came out in 1963. This truck was sold to Matt Isherwood of Port Alberni on Vancouver Island. This truck had a V8-903 Cummins, 5x4 spicer and a B/L 8341 with 4640 wide track rears, 12ft bunks and 1200x24 tires. This truck also was equipped with two Williams exhaust brakes, Lear electric retarder on the driveshaft and a water tank for spraying water on the brake drums to keep them cool. This was a state of the art modern and huge truck in 1963. This truck was not sold as a P-16. Sometime in 1964 it became model P-16. Pacific received its first order for P16s from Crown Zellerbach in 1964. This was followed by an order from MacMillan Bloedel on Vancouver Island in 1965. By 1967 the demand for heavy-duty logging trucks was at its peak and the Franklin Road premises were to small. In 1967 Pacific Truck and Trailer moved again, this time to North Vancouver. The company purchased 4.2 acres with options on the adjoining property. The manufacturing facility comprised of a 46,000 sqft building. Which included a manufacturing shop, general office, service parts, service repair and OEM parts storage. 8 years later the existing facilities were inadequate and they expanded again. In August 1970 International Harvester company acquired 100% of Pacific Truck and Trailer. Pacific was a highly successful operation prior to acquisition. Throughout the 1970's production ran at around 30 units per month, with many trucks destined for operations overseas and the 500th truck built by Pacific left the plant in 1971. As a heavy-duty manufacturer Pacific was in a unique situation. Pacific was a small company which allowed it to adjust its product to comply with specific job requirements. In August 1971 Pacific received an invitation to tender four trucks from IH of South Africa. The South African Railway was to be the end user of these trucks. And were to be used in hauling 150 ton to 370 ton loads. Most of the loads were for Thermal Power Plants, although they could be used to haul any heavy loads. These trucks were 600 hp each. Pacific received the tender and advised International that it would not submit a quotation until Pacific's manager of sales engineering and product development Mr. Gwynn Jenkins had consulted with the final user. Mr. Jenkins went to South Africa September 1971. In the first week of October Pacific submitted a bid for a Model P-12 truck that had never been built. May 1972 Pacific was informed that it was the successful bidder. August 1, 1972 final layout and shop drawings were completed. November 22, 1972 all four units were shipped by ship to Johannesburg South Africa. Amazingly this full sequence of events from receipt of order to full service had taken only 12 months. In the 1970's 18 of these trucks were built, 5 of these trucks were built called Ultra with 800 hp, powered by a Cummins V-12-1710 rated at 800 hp. These trucks had huge radiators since they operated where temperatures would be 40 degrees C. From the top of the cab to ground was 13 ft. In 1973 the P-12 became a regular production truck. By 1975 Pacific was building four models of trucks, three of which were strictly off highway. The remaining unit the P-510 series with a standard GVW of 56,000 lbs. is manufactured for both on and off road. By this time the P-510's were produced more than the other models. P-510 frame 10"x3 1/4" x 3/8" P-512 frame 12"x4"x3/8" Of the off-highway models the P-10 has a rated CVW of 81,000 lbs. The P-12 and the P-16 have identical ratings of 128,000 lbs. The P-12 has a 12"x4"x3/8 40" wide frame. All models except the P-16 are based on a flexible channel bolted frame rail construction. The P-16 frame is a rigid welded built around a pair of 16" I-beams 1/2"x6", very strong. The trailers manufactured by Pacific the majority were for logging applications ranging from 30 to 60 tons. Pacific also built lowbeds of 75, 90, and 200 ton capacity. The P-510 trucks came with steel hoods and fenders or fiberglass hoods. P-510-S had steel hood and fenders, P-510-F had fiberglass fenders and hoods. Pacific trucks were also used in oilfield work in North America. They built trucks for the oilfields overseas, these were known as Roughnecks for desert work. They had oversized tires for desert sand conditions. The P-510-S and P-510-F used Internationals Paystar cabs. Pacific steel cabs were available as an option. I remember in 1976 or 1977 driving for Roy Harker trucking a P-10, and a trucker from Texas came to the mine at Elkford B.C. and looked lost, I pulled up to his cabover K.W. and we looked straight across at one another. He asked what kind of a conventional truck I was driving, I replied it was a real truck made in Canada. It was a 1974 P-10 with a 35 yard coal box. The truck had a tare weight of 36,000 lbs. and usually had 60,000 to 65,000 lbs. payload on 3 axles. Fred Sowchuck trucking of Fernie B.C. bought his first Pacific P-9 in 1964, in the 1970's he had one of the largest fleets of Pacific trucks, these were all coal haulers P-10's. In 1975 he bought his first P-12-W3 truck. these trucks had 50 to 55 yard boxes and 40 ton capacity. Fred had 40 Pacific's by the end of 1982, of which 9 were P-12-W3's. The 1970's were good years for Pacific Truck and Trailer. Pacific trucks were sold to places as Swaziland, Tasmania, New Zealand, North Borneo, Philippines. Pacific trucks were hauling sugar cane in Hawaii, Hydro-electric generating equipment in India and Africa and logs and coal in western Canada and USA. There was a fleet of P-12-W3 trucks to a coal mine in Soda Springs, Idaho. These trucks had Detroit Diesel 16V71T engine 615hp and were pulling three bottom dump trailers with a total weight of 250 tons. 12, P-16 trucks were sold to North Borneo Timber in Malaysia. 15 years later 1987, these trucks returned to Canada and were converted to left hand drive for use on Vancouver Island, since is was very unlikely that a B.C, logger would want to sit on the other side of a logging truck to drive. These trucks had Detroit Diesel 12V71 engines, Allison 5960 automatic transmissions, Clark VT91 rear axles, and 1400x25 rubber.

  696. #696Hank R2014-06-25 10:35

    Part 2 of Pacific History In 1980 a friend Bill Pierce from Merritt ordered a new P-510-S with a 8V92, 435hp 15 speed. He took delivery of this truck on March 3, 1980 since the logging here was shut down for break-up. He thought he would head north to Prince George B.C. and work the truck for 3 or 4 weeks. Usually when you buy a new truck there are a few glitches and could be fixed before mid May the start of our logging season, however there were no problems. The local truckers kept calling his truck 2 story conventional since the Pacific sat high. In 1984 Pacific made a sales promotional video featuring their trucks, off-highway loggers, P-510 trucks and oilfield trucks working. This video was called "Pacific Built Like No Other Truck" Bill's truck was featured in this video a shining jet black P-510-S with chrome grill guard, and nice blue pin strips. Having just watched this video Oct, 2005 it was interesting to see Bill driving with all his hair and front teeth. In September 1981 International sold Pacific Truck and Trailer to Inchcape Berhad from Singapore. Pacific had became a casualty of both the Canadian recession and the financial woes of International Harvester. Inchape was a very large company and its strategy at this time was to supply Pacific trucks to rapidly-expanding mining and logging located in Malaysia, the Philippines, Indonesia as well to its own companies. Pacific reached its 40th anniversary in 1987, and also the completion of its 2,000th truck in the same year. It is ironic that 12 months later Inchcape made the decision to out source all fabrication of components, leaving the factory to carry out assembly only. By this time the demand for really heavy off-highway loggers in B.C. was grinding to a halt because of environmental pressures. The largest Pacific truck dealer was Burk's Intertruck in Nanaimo on Vancouver Island. Some years he would sell 30 off-highway trucks. The down turn in the economy in the mid 80's also meant there was no market for highway loggers. When dealers go from 30 trucks and a couple years later 2 trucks it is not for any truck manufacture. The last new P-16 was sold went to Vancouver Island in 1989. The last 3 trucks were built in 1991. A P-16 with Clark BD 91,000 rears with 106 inch track is 11ft 6" wide with 1400 tires and slightly wider with 1600 tires. Most P-16's had 15ft wide bunks and hauled 90 to 150 tons of wood. The trucks that were sold to Asia to haul Hardwoods only had 14 ft wide bunks with short stakes since that wood was very heavy. The big factor in weight was the type of wood. Cedar, fir or hemlock. You could really get a huge jag of Cedar on. If you overloaded with a load of Hemlock you were in for tire troubles, brakes overheating. A friend Bob Dingsdale had load of Hemlock on one time that weighed 157 tons and he got raked over the coals for it. It was not that big of a load just very heavy. By late 1986 the market for a Premium on the highway truck was shrinking fast. Tare weights were becoming a huge issue. Most P-510-F's at this time were about 3,000lbs heavier than other trucks. This was due to being over built, extra strong fuel tank straps and brackets this all added up to being an extremely strong tough well built truck. Nor-Mar truck in Penticton sold 13 trucks in 1986. The interior Pacific truck dealers did not sell any P-510 trucks after 1987. In October 1991 the last production truck was built. Shortly afterwards the factory was closed down and the property was sold. Then a company called Pacific Truck Parts was established. However in 1995 a customer from a mining company in Soda Springs, Idaho called and wished to place an order for a P-12-W3, to pull triple belly dump trailers with a total capacity of 250 tons. In order for the truck to be built this customer was required to pay in advance the full cost of production. This truck was built in the Parts Warehouse. During its 48 years of operation Pacific built 249 P-9's, 23 trucks for South Africa, and 90 trucks were sold to New Zealand. For a total of 2,308 trucks, many of these trucks are still in operation today 2008. In 2002 Coast Power Train in New Westminster B.C. purchased all the rights, blueprints, Jigs and Templates for Pacific trucks, They are currently rebuilding Pacific trucks and are now manufacturing O.E.M. equipment for all Pacific trucks, and are also in the process of getting all the legal paper work in place so they can start to build new trucks if orders come in. They will be known as Pacific Truck Manufacturing Inc. I would like to say thank-you to Bob Dingsdale and Larry McNutt for all their help with this story. Hank Rabe

  697. #697Hank R2014-06-27 00:04

    Here are 3 Pacific trucks from New Zealand.

  698. #698Drifter2014-06-27 00:46

    Thanks for the pictures and the history lesson!!!

  699. #699dirty4fun2014-06-27 05:28

    Wow really enjoyed reading about the Pacific's story. Hope the new company can be as successful.

  700. #700Hank R2014-06-27 08:57

    A nice restored Pacific from down under, pictures from Mike Beesley.

  701. #701RCP572014-06-27 10:27

    Great looking old truck! I have a question... My Mom picked up a brass Pacific emblem at a swap meet last weekend that matches the one on the rad of this truck. What years and models used that emblem? Thanks, Reg

  702. #702Hank R2014-06-27 11:35

    Sorry I do not know the answer to that one but this 1959 Pacific had this and in 60 or 61 they changed Raditor's so that is all I know.

  703. #703Hank R2014-06-28 09:00

    A couple more from down under. This is a P-10 with a big load.

  704. #704Hank R2014-06-29 09:04
  705. #705diamondtguy2014-06-29 13:33

    Great picture of a P-12 earning its keep.......Cory

  706. #706Hank R2014-06-30 08:49

    - Serial Number T7271-612 The truck was sold new to NZ Forest Products and went to work in February 1973. Maroa Logging bought the truck in April 1987 and in October 1991 Prochip Limited bought the truck. The Director of Prochip, G. Manson was also a Director of Maroa Logging. B. Caulfield bought the truck in May 2007 and restored it to its former glory. Here is a picture when it was a working truck

  707. #707Hank R2014-07-02 08:42

    Couple more from New Zealand.

  708. #708Hank R2014-07-04 09:01
  709. #709Hank R2014-07-05 11:38

    A line up of 10 Pacific trucks in New Zealand.

  710. #710Hank R2014-07-07 08:38
  711. #711Hank R2014-07-09 10:15
  712. #712Hank R2014-07-11 09:10
  713. #713Hank R2014-07-12 08:26

    Here are a couple of P-16 trucks.

  714. #714Hank R2014-07-13 08:39
  715. #715Hank R2014-07-14 17:38
  716. #716Hank R2014-07-17 00:11
  717. #717ap40rocktruck2014-07-17 08:38

    Man Hank, all these images from NZ bring back a flood of great memories! Thank you for sharing!

  718. #718Hank R2014-07-18 11:20
  719. #719Hank R2014-07-19 09:33
  720. #720Hank R2014-07-23 23:22
  721. #721diamondtguy2014-07-23 23:50

    I might add ...That fiberglass tilt front end was a down under export nose only..We had a special mold for their trucks that got the glass nose..If I remember correct they even had a special model number.P-600's I believe it was.Lots of height for visiblily and usually massive roo-gaurds depending on the area they were worked.......Cory

  722. #722Hank R2014-07-25 10:27
  723. #723ap40rocktruck2014-07-25 11:03

    Yes, P-600 was the model, special for N.Z. saw many when i lived in N.Z. 1982! KLC & NZFP were still running P-9's, although heavily modified by the company shops.

  724. #724Hank R2014-07-25 12:44

    So you should have many great pictures.

  725. #725ap40rocktruck2014-07-25 12:55

    Yes I do! All are scanned, but need to be drastically re-sized. When we lived in NZ, 8 months during 1982, I spent a week onsite at NZFP Kinleith mill. Rode a P-9 out in the bush w/ camera in hand, then spent days at the weigh bridge.

  726. #726Hank R2014-07-25 14:15

    So many of these trucks I have pictures of you may of seen, very interesting.

  727. #727ap40rocktruck2014-07-25 16:48

    When were you there?

  728. #728Hank R2014-07-25 18:58

    I was not there but have a good friend down in New Zealand and he has looked for Pacific trucks and asked around and sent me many, since I wrote my story on Pacific trucks.

  729. #729diamondtguy2014-07-25 18:59

    I remember KLC...I actually have a book written on their stuff....Lots of pictures of Pacific's and Macks..I well remember all the work that went into the export trucks (pick and pack)..I remember sending some good size trucks to Malasia (sp).They were complete trucks all wrapped up and just dripping with a rust protection liquid....Cory

  730. #730Hank R2014-07-25 19:15

    There were 12 P-16 that were sold to North Borneo Timber, in Malaysia. In 1987 these 12 trucks returned to B.C. and were converted to Left hand drive since it was very unlikely any logger would want to drive a truck sitting on the wrong side :beatsme and sold on Vancouver Island.

  731. #731Hank R2014-07-25 19:36

    Just found my notes and West World Truck and Equipment, in Vancouver imported 13 trucks back to Canada in 1987. 12 P-16 and 1 Hayes WHDX. The Pacific trucks were spec'd with Detroit Diesel 12V71 engines, Allison 5960 automatic transmissions, Clark VT91 rear axles.

  732. #732dirty4fun2014-07-25 20:26

    You guys amaze me knowing so much about these old trucks. Darn I sure enjoy reading all the information that is shared here. THanks

  733. #733diamondtguy2014-07-25 20:37

    Do you know what years the trucks were ??They must have been built before my time there as I don't remember any P-16 being built for export.Nice to hear they came back and went back to work...Cory

  734. #734Hank R2014-07-25 22:07

    Sorry Cory, I do not know the years of these trucks I am only guessing that several were built together then some more. could be spread out for a year or two. In Trucking Canada April 1987 on page W 7 is a 1/3 page story about these trucks.

  735. #735Hank R2014-07-26 16:48
  736. #736Hayesno12014-07-27 16:05

    Olympic Forest Products P16 Olympic Forest Products P16 with lowbed; summer 2014

  737. #737Hank R2014-07-27 18:51

    Here are videos that I got my son to place on You-tube for me. Diamond T guy supplied me with a VHS tape and now it is for all to see. > Pacific Truck build Video 1 > http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EFZ_RPR0Wls Hi here is part 2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hNrhLEjLpHU Pacific Truck Video 3 Finally >> http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0P-qRswYEI The road test the best one. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5dLgZwcWe8Q&feature=email

  738. #738Hank R2014-07-28 08:56

    Here are a couple P-610 Pacific trucks.

  739. #739big ben2014-07-28 14:36

    Hank R, so what's the story behind this build ? Don't know much about the pacific's but wasn't this was after "production" was finished ? Obviously since they took out part of a wall this was the first build in that building ? Can you imagine the costs today building one truck at a time by hand. Awesome video thanks for posting. Where is the location ? Vancouver somewhere ? Thanks

  740. #740Hayesno12014-07-28 15:42

    How about this Pacific ready for Work - looks like she just left the factory - owner Thompson Trucking. Summer 2014

  741. #741Hank R2014-07-28 16:03

    That is one very sharp P-12 there, That is very unusual for a off highway truck to have chrome air cleaners. Thanks for the blast from the past. I am guessing in Campbell River.

  742. #742Hank R2014-07-28 16:15

    Thanks for looking I was wondering if any one looked at them. Yes this was a special order build, for a mine in Idaho They had a fleet of P-12 Pacific's and one got wrecked and they wanted to keep the fleet the same. So they paid up front and this truck was built in the parts warehouse, The Pacific factory was in North Vancouver. On page 47 of this thread I have posted my Pacific story topic 697 in case you are interested in reading. You-Tube only allows Videos to be a certain length so that is why many parts to it. Oh yes as of last summer 2013 this fleet of Pacific's was still running every day. They were pulling belly dump trailers. Ask more and myself or others will help you out with information.

  743. #743Blk prince2014-07-28 16:42

    I also looked and was jealous as I have not driven on a public road with areal truck. Only change I would have liked would be to have a 12-71 or even better,a 16-71 under the hood

  744. #744Hayesno12014-07-28 16:56

    Yes it is Campbell River. I went by 2 days later to shoot some more pics but sadly then it was parked behind shop and was behind fence.

  745. #745big ben2014-07-28 17:30

    Hank R, Really cool videos and even better story behind it ! What happened to the rear diff ? Making not so pleasant noises that it had to be removed and checked ? Thanks Again

  746. #746Hank R2014-07-28 20:21

    Yes the diff, sounding not good, better to replace before the truck leaves town and keep every one happy. Just wish I could do that road test now, hard to believe that was 19 years ago.

  747. #747dirty4fun2014-07-28 20:57

    Hank R, Might have ben 19 years ago but there are still a lot of them around and with your help and others like you the history will be keep alive. It is to bad I started so late to learn about all of the off road trucks, but with this forestry forum I have learned a lot and made for a very enjoyable vacation to see them in person. Thanks to all that keep this forum alive, it is a great place to come and learn so very much!

  748. #748diamondtguy2014-07-28 21:04

    Just a little add on...Pacific's warehouse was about a block away from the main plant.It was also our rebuild shop for the diffs and transmission that Pacific rebuilt for people.We always had a couple HD mechanics working there altho they are not the guys that put the P-12 together.....Cory

  749. #749Hank R2014-07-29 11:00

    Some more Pacific's from New Zealand, Thanks Mike.

  750. #750DBDLS2014-07-29 14:02

    Thompson Trucking P-12 Yes, Thompson did a most excellent rebuild of the truck. If anyone had been around I'm sure they would have let you in to take photos. They have always been friendly and accommodating. They just completed a rebuild of their 7280 and it was a top class job. Nice to see an outfit that looks after their equipment.

  751. #751Hank R2014-07-30 08:44
  752. #752Hank R2014-07-31 08:59
  753. #753Hayesno12014-07-31 14:29

    DBDLS; whereever I have been on the Island and asked for permission to take Pictures, people have been very friendly and let me take pictures. They have all replied; Go ahead! Sure take all the time you need. Even a few know my name when I start telling them that I come from Denmark, and I am fond of off highway logging trucks. They reply - You must be Kim! Small World!

  754. #754Hayesno12014-07-31 14:37

    Pacific P16 owner Olympic Forest Products unit #12. Summer 2014

  755. #755Hank R2014-08-01 08:11

    20 years makes a huge difference to some trucks, the love is gone.

  756. #756Hank R2014-08-02 21:51

    A couple more tired old Pacific trucks in New Zealand.

  757. #757Hank R2014-08-03 14:01

    This Pacific has a great life now, hauling a little water.

  758. #758Hayesno12014-08-03 14:38

    IPL unit H14 in their shop in Chemanius and what is left of IPL unit #H146 in Chemanius as well. Summer 2014

  759. #759Hank R2014-08-04 08:40
  760. #760Hank R2014-08-05 08:44
  761. #761Hayesno12014-08-05 16:51

    Pacific P16. Owner Olympic Forest Products. Summer 2014

  762. #762Hank R2014-08-08 08:44
  763. #763Hank R2014-08-11 09:15
  764. #764Hank R2014-08-13 09:06
  765. #765Hank R2014-08-14 09:07
  766. #766camptramp2014-08-15 13:26

    Jim Falconer has loaned us a binder of his pictures and Pacific Truck brochures.

  767. #767camptramp2014-08-15 13:30

    Jim Falconer BCFP #6-258 then and now

  768. #768camptramp2014-08-15 13:32

    Jim Falconer

  769. #769Hank R2014-08-15 14:42

    Thanks Camptramp for finding these pictures, really like the before and now ones.

  770. #770camptramp2014-08-15 23:48

    Jim Falconer

  771. #771camptramp2014-08-16 00:07

    Jim F

  772. #772camptramp2014-08-16 00:09
  773. #773camptramp2014-08-16 00:20

    Jim F

  774. #774camptramp2014-08-16 00:25

    Jim F

  775. #775camptramp2014-08-16 00:48

    Jim F

  776. #776camptramp2014-08-16 00:50

    Jim F

  777. #777Hayesno12014-08-17 04:24

    Thanks Jim for sharing your pictures. It was great to see you again at The Duncan truck show. Camptramp; thanks for posting pictures.

  778. #778Hank R2014-08-17 08:56
  779. #779dirty4fun2014-08-17 19:52

    Thanks guys for all the great pictures. Sure hate to see what some of them look like now thou. Got a soft spot in my heart for those big old trucks, and it grew after being around them this summer.

  780. #780Blk prince2014-08-17 20:27

    I have to add that your words hit home. Especially after looking at pictures in Post 768.

  781. #781diamondtguy2014-08-17 23:20

    Agreed.....768 Is a little heartbreaking.......

  782. #782camptramp2014-08-18 10:07

    Jim Falconer

  783. #7830752014-08-18 11:06

    I remember seeing the cab for T1 in the bone yard in Fair Harbour ,Way back in 71. Most likely it is still there under a bunch of brush

  784. #784Vigilant2014-08-18 17:41

    Is that a line horse in the background of the fourth pic?

  785. #785camptramp2014-08-18 20:22

    Yes thats what they call a linehorse in these parts . To the right in back ground of fourth picture .

  786. #786camptramp2014-08-19 01:06

    Jim Falconer.

  787. #787Vigilant2014-08-20 22:00

    I have never before seen a line horse with a roof over the drums. Back in the day in Washington State, they didn't even have a cab for the operator.

  788. #788Hank R2014-08-22 17:59
  789. #789jackd2014-08-22 19:23

    Where is that shot taken? Shoemaker Bay?

  790. #790Hank R2014-08-22 19:46

    I do not remember all I can tell you is that in summer of 1998 we went to the island looking for Pacific trucks and for these pictures I gave my camera to a fellow with a hard hat and work boats. Should of been more awake back then 16 years ago.

  791. #791Hank R2014-08-23 09:22

    jacked I was wrong pictures in #789 were not taken by me but Nike Beesley took them and send to me as well as these ones.

  792. #792jackd2014-08-23 10:25

    I'm wondering if that was 'Miller Contracting' or a later version of, from the years after I left Sproat Lake Division. They worked as contractors during the late '70s at Sproat Lake - they might have been called M & M Pole Company during my time. They ran skidders and had a few highway trucks. It was the old man and his two sons - he drove the truck and they ran the skidders.

  793. #793Hank R2014-08-24 19:48

    A P-610-F for new Zealand. A early Pacific in New Zealand. P-9 ??

  794. #794Hank R2014-08-25 08:50

    The following groups of pictures were given to me by Bob Dingsdale and Larry McNutt, when I was writing the story about the history of Pacific Truck and Trailer.

  795. #795Hank R2014-08-26 09:21

    A lot of the old boys around Princeton remember the Pacific snow blowers but no one thought to take a picture back then.

  796. #796Hank R2014-08-27 08:58
  797. #797Hank R2014-08-28 08:56

    A few pictures of earlier heavy duty trailers that Pacific built.

  798. #79869hayes2014-08-28 15:51

    I bet it was a real treat changing out those center tires

  799. #799Hank R2014-08-28 19:36

    I am sure it was a hated job, Rookies for sure would get that one.

  800. #800Shoepeg2014-08-28 19:47

    Hank, wonder what they hauled on such a short lowbed? Most of the equipment pictured being hauled in all the threads, this little fellow wouldn't get the job done.

  801. #801Blk prince2014-08-28 19:53

    Actually it did not take long but you did need a hijab for lifting. My nightmare occurred on a weekend. Shop boss asked me if he could take the duals off and put a single in its place. The tires were rated to take the same weight. My idea was to put 1 single on right front outside and 1 single on left front outside. I showed up on Saturday at 5:00am to find both singles mounted on right outside front and back. Forman I had with me that morning got a large load of crap from me. He had no ideaj of what was my problem. So we head out load a grapple Yarder,strike off down the mountain and around a sharp left hand switchback. Road leans to the right,Yarder leans to the right and over she goes!iboth single tires rolled off the rims. We found the line horse,pulled lowbed and Yarder back on its feet and unloaded right there. Big "powwow" on Monday morning and dual tires put back on.i am still looking for pictures as the right side of lowbed was jammed hard into roadbed and left side was 60" in the air.

  802. #802Blk prince2014-08-28 19:59

    Shoe peg you have to remember that trailer was built around 1950,big stuff back then

  803. #803Shoepeg2014-08-28 20:26

    I noticed the front of the old car after I posted.

  804. #804Hank R2014-08-28 23:21

    This is a 20 ton trailer LB-20 built for the B.C. government one of the first trailers built in 1947. Picture is in Princeton. about 2 blocks from where I live .

  805. #805Hank R2014-08-28 23:29

    Inside views of a early Pacific cab. Late 1940's or early 1950's.

  806. #806camptramp2014-08-29 00:27

    Jim Falconer .

  807. #807camptramp2014-08-29 00:37

    Jim Falconer Now heres a name I haven't heard in a while Percy Logging , worked for them at Daniel's River camp at head of Powel Lake Fall 1975 I loaded Pacific trucks about this vintage , I think they had 5 of them , this ones #2 can't remember the truck #'s at Daniel's River.

  808. #808camptramp2014-08-29 00:39

    Jim Falconer

  809. #809camptramp2014-08-29 00:42

    Jim Falconer

  810. #810camptramp2014-08-29 00:45

    Jim Falconer

  811. #811Hank R2014-08-29 09:02
  812. #812camptramp2014-08-30 00:33

    Jim Falconer Pacific truck at All Truck Campbell River fall 2001 serial # T860-112

  813. #813camptramp2014-08-30 00:36

    Jim Falconer Ex-Canfor Pacific at North Island College, Campbell River . August 2007

  814. #814camptramp2014-08-30 00:39

    Jim Falconer Taken near Coal Harbor August 1992

  815. #815camptramp2014-08-30 00:45

    Jim Falconer

  816. #816camptramp2014-08-30 00:58

    Jim Falconer

  817. #817dirty4fun2014-08-30 05:49

    campttramp, Thanks for sharing some more pictures of before and after rebuilding of trucks. I rode to the Duncan show with Jim in one of his dump trucks, great guy. Like so many I met on the island!

  818. #818Hank R2014-08-30 09:08
  819. #819camptramp2014-08-30 23:22

    Jim Falconer

  820. #820camptramp2014-08-30 23:37

    Jim Falconer

  821. #821camptramp2014-08-30 23:59

    Jim Falconer

  822. #822camptramp2014-08-31 00:02

    Jim Falconer

  823. #823camptramp2014-08-31 00:11

    Jim Falconer

  824. #824camptramp2014-08-31 00:42

    Jim Falconer

  825. #825camptramp2014-08-31 00:48

    Jim Falconer

  826. #826Hank R2014-08-31 08:39

    When I started working there in 1971, Fred had a couple of logging trucks sitting there but was in the Coal haul mostly He had by 1978 when I left around 30 Pacific's' This picture is from the 1960's

  827. #827Hank R2014-08-31 21:01

    In 1948 Pacific built a model SAOD fire truck for the Vancouver Fire Dept. In 1969 this truck was still in service.

  828. #828camptramp2014-09-01 00:36

    Jim Falconer

  829. #829camptramp2014-09-01 00:39

    Jim Falconer

  830. #830Hank R2014-09-01 08:59

    1950 Model FCFS, S/N TO64-21 built for B C cement, this truck operated north of Victoria in a company town called Bamberton. This truck came to Bamberton sometime around 1950 or 51. At that time, it was equipped with a 200 H.P. Buda gas engine and a five-speed overdrive transmission. This engine never ran very well and it gave a lot of ignition and carburetor trouble. After two or three years, it was changed to a 150 H.P. Cummins engine. It hauled about twenty-five tons of rock for each trip. Eric Rodger drove it when it was new. Later on, Leigh Rodger and I drove it on day and four to twelve swing shifts. About 1957 the Cummins crankshaft broke between number five and number six connecting rods so the engine was changed to a 671 Detroit diesel engine with a Mack ten speed two stick duplex transmission. Sometime in the late fifties, it was stripped down to a bare cab and chassis. The differential was replaced with a large tandem Mack axle assembly. A fifth wheel turntable and a winch for a cable dump trailer were installed. The ten-speed transmission was replaced with a Mack twenty-speed quadriplex transmission. The company bought a used trailer that hauled coal from a mine to Union Bay. It was rebuilt and the sides of the box were made about twice as high as the original. It would haul about forty to fifty tons of rock. When the truck ran at the Bamberton quarries, its top speed was about twenty-five miles per hour. As a trailer tractor, its top speed was fifty miles per hour. I drove the rebuilt Pacific for about as year and a half when it was first put on the rock haul. If the road was slippery, just above the highway overpass, it did not like to turn the corner until the outside front tire contacted a bit of sand that was still left on the edge of the pavement. This was a somewhat hair raising experience. When you were going fifty miles per hour, loaded or empty, the truck handled quite well, but you knew that there was a lot going on under your feet and you were really moving. Angus Crothers drove the Pacific after I switched to a Mack the company bought from Norm Copley. Morris Dougan

  831. #831camptramp2014-09-02 00:17

    Jim Falconer

  832. #832camptramp2014-09-02 00:19

    JimFalconer

  833. #833dirty4fun2014-09-02 05:55

    Sure have been enjoying the old Pacific brochures, they have built some real interesting trucks over the years.

  834. #834Hank R2014-09-02 09:01

    Sure hope you have many more for use to look at.

  835. #835Hank R2014-09-02 09:05
  836. #836camptramp2014-09-02 22:58

    Jim Falconer

  837. #837camptramp2014-09-02 23:00

    Jim Falconer

  838. #838camptramp2014-09-02 23:03

    Jim Falconer

  839. #839Hank R2014-09-03 08:43
  840. #840Hank R2014-09-03 21:51

    The first I-beam truck came out in 1963. This truck was sold to Matt Isherwood of Port Alberni on Vancouver Island. This truck had a V8-903 Cummins, 5x4 spicer and a B/L 8341 with 4640 wide track rears, 12ft bunks and 1200x24 tires. This truck also was equipped with two Williams exhaust brakes, Lear electric retarder on the driveshaft and a water tank for spraying water on the brake drums to keep them cool. This was a state of the art modern and huge truck in 1963. This truck was not sold as a P-16. Sometime in 1964 it became model P-16. Pacific received its first order for P16s from Crown Zellerbach in 1964. This was followed by an order from MacMillan Bloedel on Vancouver Island in 1965.

  841. #841Vigilant2014-09-03 22:01

    Any idea why the stacks were at the front of the truck? Noise reduction, or something else?

  842. #842Hank R2014-09-03 22:17

    No guess at all on post 832 one see that it is a very small muffler on each pipe, could be a easy place to mount exhaust stacks?? Better than the center of hood like earlier models.

  843. #843Vigilant2014-09-03 22:52

    I was wondering if it might have something to do with the exhaust brakes.

  844. #844camptramp2014-09-03 23:56

    Jim Falconer

  845. #845camptramp2014-09-03 23:59

    Jim Falconer

  846. #846hd542014-09-04 00:06

    right on keep n coming

  847. #847camptramp2014-09-04 00:07

    When these trucks were built , noise from an off highway truck or any machine, yarders or loaders , was not a big concern , once WCB started getting concerned about the number of workers in the Industry that had bad hearing or were deaf . Proper mufflers and hearing protection was provided .

  848. #848Hank R2014-09-04 09:00
  849. #849camptramp2014-09-05 00:34

    Jim Falconer

  850. #850camptramp2014-09-05 00:36

    Jim Falconer

  851. #851camptramp2014-09-05 00:39

    Jim Falconer

  852. #852Hank R2014-09-05 09:01

    Here some pictures that Mike sent me while on a Holiday in Canada 1998

  853. #853camptramp2014-09-06 00:25

    Jim Falconer

  854. #854camptramp2014-09-06 00:29

    JimFalconer

  855. #855Hank R2014-09-07 07:45
  856. #856jackd2014-09-07 08:35

    Finally some pics from Sproat Lake Division - or at least some of the trucks from my time working there. H-323, H-324, H-325, & H-326 were the newest trucks on the claim back in 1976 and the only pre-loaders that we were using then. I've seen some pictures of H323 on this site, after it was sold off and moved up Island, but I've always wondered what happened to the other three. Thanks for posting these Hank, and put up some more if you can. I've attached a few pics from my working days. The nose of the truck connects them to this thread - it's the H-325 getting a load from the J-88, up on Branch 302 above Sproat Lake in 1977. The two fellows are Tom Armich and Al Massie. Good wood and good times.....

  857. #857Hank R2014-09-08 08:42
  858. #858jackd2014-09-08 10:15

    Okay Hank - explain what I'm looking at here. I never knew that M & B even had gravel trucks. Back in the day, we only saw contractors driving these trucks. Which one of the four is this picture of? You're hurting me....

  859. #859Hank R2014-09-08 11:19

    Well the way I see it , not knowing much looks like a Pacific with a wood waste box that would be used for clean up in the mill yard. Not so much for Gravel. I hope this may help.

  860. #860HD Mech2014-09-08 19:36

    Those two trucks would have been used for hauling the wood waste from the dry land sort to wherever they were dumping it.

  861. #861HDX2014-09-08 22:05

    Hank post 858 shows Cameron Division P16 unit # H24 with Kip White driving it He was the Low bed driver there for a very long time. When not low bedding he would haul logs as seen above. Kip was a natural!!! Top drawer driver!!!! The debris truck under that (G06) was an HDX unit number H234 and was mini rebuilt as a debris hauler from the China Creek Dryland Sort. She was originally delivered to Port Hardy Division in early 1966 then sent down to Cameron Division when it started up. Post 860 is her again and below that picture is a nice shot of Sproat Lake Division's Pacific unit # H119 hauling their debris. Don't know where the truck ended up Shawnigan Division or Copper Canyon if I remember right. The debris trailer behind H119 was sold to JW Berry in port alberni here and is still being used every day hauling cedar cut-off's (big cedar blocks) from there to various place's.

  862. #862Hank R2014-09-08 22:48

    Thanks HDX I knew you would come through for the team. Were trucks moved from one location to another very often?

  863. #863Hank R2014-09-09 08:45
  864. #864HDX2014-09-09 22:42

    Hank For the most part no they were not but in the late 90's things changed dramatically!!! M&B was taken over by Weyco and things changed overnite. The big trucks (mainstay of the big forest companies) were suddenly obsolete. Highway trucks were the new "in" thing. A lot of the old company drivers pulled the pin because M&B came out with a early retirement package and bridging etc So they left and now the company was stuck with tons of new Kenworth highway trucks and no drivers. All the Divisions were breaking in truck drivers to fill the vacancy left by the old timers. I was taken up to Menzies Bay and Kelsey Bay to look at trucks being surplused What an eye opener that was YUP -- if Franklin needs trucks -- Take all you want!!! Trucks were being shuffled all around the Island as well as the QCI Division. Every Division was having garage sales. This was to be the beginning of the end as we all knew it!

  865. #865Hank R2014-09-10 16:10
  866. #866Hayesno12014-09-11 14:27

    Re. post 814 - Ex-Canfor Pacific at North Island College, Campbell River in 2005 before she was rebuilt

  867. #867Hank R2014-09-12 22:03
  868. #868Hank R2014-09-13 08:54
  869. #869Hank R2014-09-14 09:34
  870. #870camptramp2014-09-14 22:59

    The above Pacific passing through the Parksville Scales is painted in Timberwest colours carrying #41-143 , It was originally bought new by BCFP for Renfrew Div. number #6-282 and driven new by Andy Robilliard , in 1986 .

  871. #871Hank R2014-09-15 11:10
  872. #872Hank R2014-09-16 09:07

    Emmont International owns and still uses this 1973 P-12.

  873. #873Hayesno12014-09-16 14:21

    Lineham Logging Pacific P10 from 1978 unit#416

  874. #874Hayesno12014-09-16 14:32

    Linehamn Logging Pacific P10 from 1978 unit#414

  875. #875Hank R2014-09-17 11:20

    This Pacific is Semi Retired now as it only moves logs around the mill yard in New Zealand, no wrappers needed. Sept 2014 picture

  876. #876Hank R2014-09-18 09:11

    1976 P_12W 6x6 Getting ready for the next job, Aug 2013.

  877. #877Hank R2014-09-19 08:47
  878. #878Hank R2014-09-20 09:13

    In the shop for a service before the next job.

  879. #879Hank R2014-09-21 08:37
  880. #880Hank R2014-09-23 09:06
  881. #881RCP572014-09-23 09:15

    What is that????????????????

  882. #882Hank R2014-09-23 12:14

    Emmert International had a huge piece for a power plant to move, there Pacific was on a different job so they hired a P-12 from a different and used for this move. I have notes here some where as to how heavy and what is was will try to find.

  883. #883Hank R2014-09-24 05:32

    This P-510 S was in Gold River in May when I was there.

  884. #884jim-in-so-ore2014-09-24 23:53

    The red Emmert Pacific in post #873 appears to have an Oregon PUC plate on it. What Gives? Where were these pictures taken? Or wh y did it have an Oregon plate? Jim

  885. #885Hank R2014-09-25 09:03

    Emmert International head office is in Clackamas Oregan, they have a office in Rhome Texas. These pictures were taken at their Texas shop, as my friend works there. Also they move trucks around the country as needed if I remember correct that this Pacific had just came back to there Texas yard from Oregon.

  886. #886Hank R2014-09-25 18:22

    May 2014 Steele Rock logging were doing a brake job on their P-16 in the great out door shop.

  887. #887diamondtguy2014-09-25 23:40

    Interesting shackle and lug on the trunion support...Would that be a anchor point to hold the bunk at 90 deg....I well remember building those spring packs and pressing the torque rod assemblys together....We used white lead back then........Cory

  888. #888Hank R2014-09-26 08:56

    In the outdoor shop this shows what you have to use to get the Planetary off the axle to work on the brakes. A I beam is chained down across the frame.

  889. #889Hank R2014-09-29 14:41

    This old Pacific thought it was getting a good retirement job working for a building but looks like it is not cared for.

  890. #890Hank R2014-09-29 16:06

    I did not proof read it first, it was working for a house mover, but looks like its working have run out.

  891. #891JDOFMEMI2014-09-29 20:03

    I don't know who it was, but I remember a Pacific pulling a rig like that through Northwest Colorado back in 1984. I had never heard of a Pacific before then, but I remember clearly how impressive it was. The load was a stator for a new power plant.

  892. #892Hank R2014-09-29 22:52

    This P-510-F is at Peerless Page in Penticton with new logging riggin installed.

  893. #893Hank R2014-09-30 13:49

    These two Pacific trucks are in Osoyoos, both are 8V92 powered with Allison Trans. I remember this truck hauling logs when new around Merritt, and if I remember correct it was used for a Pacific Video back in the 80's

  894. #894Vigilant2014-09-30 18:16

    I still love the sound of an 8V92, but I could think of better options from an economic point of view.

  895. #895Hank R2014-10-01 08:55

    This truck is also in Osoyoos.

  896. #896Hank R2014-10-02 08:41

    1987 P-510-S

  897. #897Hank R2014-10-03 08:48

    Tom Mitchel trucking Princeton P-510-F $25 Cat, 15 speed. Tom's old truck now owned by Maurer Log homes and Crane service, Penticton 2014

  898. #898Hank R2014-10-03 09:02

    Ken Thomas Trucking Princeton 1984 P-510-S 425 Cat, 15 speed, 2 speed Eaton Rear axles.

  899. #899Hank R2014-10-03 19:01

    In the mid 1980's, Allied Ready-Mix of Richmond B.C. wanted to increase their carrying capacity per truck and overall productivity. Allied talked to other manufactures but none of them were willing to interrupt their production lines to make a special tandem-steer truck. Pacific Truck and Trailer was very keen to work with them and designed a truck specially suited to local conditions. In 1987 Allied ordered and received a tandem-steer truck, largely based on a P-510-S model. Wayne Magee of Pacific Truck and Trailer was the key man involved in designing this truck, 400 Cummins and Fuller 14708LL. This combination worked out even better than Wayne had planned. Pacific's being incredibly well built, Allied was hoping they won't need replacing for at least 15 years. Compared to 10 years for the other trucks in their fleet. Pacific built 4 trucks for Allied Ready-Mix, with 10.4 cubic meter mixers and a booster axle. As of December 2008 all 4 Pacific trucks are still in use, Allied still has a 1988 Pacific in their fleet and the 3 other trucks have been sold and still in use. Tyler Thorson from Allied says that their Pacific trucks were the best and longest lasting trucks they have ever had.

  900. #900dirty4fun2014-10-03 20:45

    Pretty amazing how Pacific can be able to build something that last much longer when other brands have had years to perfect. Thanks for sharing great pictures and story.

  901. #901diamondtguy2014-10-03 23:27

    That might have been our downfall....Pacifics were heavily built and the weight killed our small truck sales.. Aparantly I was there for the build of the Allied trucks although I don't remember them.A hwy truck would only be on the floor for a week or so if everything was in order.P-16's and P-12's could be your project for a few months..I don't remember all the small trucks The last Allied tandem steer was sold a while ago and left with its mixer.I believe its up country somewhere now..Allied was also sold to Lehigh (sp) all the Allied logo stuff was tossed.My brother was and still is their tire guy.I have a stack of Allied t-shirts,jacket and a couple hundred pens..My brother went into the head office and removed the "Pacific" poster...It had been hanging on the wall for years and Lehigh took it down.My brother just took the picture,when asked what he was doing he just said "you don't need to know"....I now have the poster and will get it framed when I can......Cory

  902. #902Hank R2014-10-04 08:51

    Cory the last Allied mixer is at a mushroom farm near Abbotsford (sp), right beside #1 highway. The same farm also has a P-9 black used for hauling bins of waste around. Have pictures of that truck some where.

  903. #903Blk prince2014-10-04 09:53

    Diamondtguy,morning Corey. Good of your brother to hang onto that picture. Few of us think of that at a time of changeover or closure. Well done,it should look great

  904. #904diamondtguy2014-10-04 12:03

    Hank....I knew one of them was at the mushroom farm but wasn't sure which one.Didnt know they had another Pacific.. Blk Prince....It was good thinking of my brother to go grab the pic before it vanished..Now if I could only track down all the Pacific stuff I gave away 20 years ago.....Cory

  905. #905Hank R2014-10-04 23:58

    Guys I have to go to Vancouver on the 27th so if I can get the wife to pick up the pace will try to stop in and get the scoop on the 2 Pacific trucks. Here is their P-9 fresh from the paint shop. Truck now has 2 large stack that are 6 ft taller than the cab, not my thing but I do not own it.

  906. #906Vigilant2014-10-05 01:31

    That cab looks even more narrow than a KW.

  907. #907Hank R2014-10-05 09:12

    Diamondtguy,morning Corey. Last time a couple years ago one of there Pacific's was sitting in the yard just before Allied other side of the road where they pour those cement blocks and it was looking rough no doors. Looks like it could of been a training truck for the Family drivers licence . The other 2 were sold up North to a Ready-mix company . Flintstone Concrete Burns Lake if I remember, I should of wrote it down.

  908. #908Blk prince2014-10-05 10:07

    Good morning Hank. Have a good trip to the "big smoke". Use caution with wife! History has shown that things happen when man hurries wife. Two leave home but only one returns and usually that is the wife,hubby looking for a ride home. Lol

  909. #909Hank R2014-10-05 12:15

    Got it made that way wife does not like to drive 25kms from town is as far as her world of driving is . Her plan is a mall and mine is looking for Pacific trucks, and they usually not close by.:beatsme

  910. #910Hank R2014-10-06 11:50

    In 1980 a friend Bill Pierce from Merritt ordered a new P-510-S with a 8V92, 435hp 15 speed. He took delivery of this truck on March 3, 1980 since the logging here was shut down for break-up. He thought he would head north to Prince George B.C. and work the truck for 3 or 4 weeks. Usually when you buy a new truck there are a few glitches and could be fixed before mid May the start of our logging season, however there were no problems. The local truckers kept calling his truck 2 story conventional since the Pacific sat high. In 1984 Pacific made a sales promotional video featuring their trucks, off-highway loggers, P-510 trucks and oilfield trucks working. This video was called "Pacific Built Like No Other Truck" Bill's truck was featured in this video a shining jet black P-510-S with chrome grill guard, and nice blue pin strips. Having just watched this video Oct, 2005 it was interesting to see Bill driving with all his hair and front teeth.

  911. #911Hank R2014-10-06 12:07

    Ed Forde trucking, Princeton 1979 P-510-S, 8V92 Green Leaker, 13 speed. Spring 2013 Penticton B.C. Ed's old Pacific.

  912. #912Blk prince2014-10-06 12:16

    Good morning Hank,have you ever seen the video"Pacific Built Like No Other"? I have not come across it yet. If you know of a link could you pass it along. I wonder if Diamondtguy has it or maybe he has a copy in his archives.

  913. #913Hank R2014-10-06 12:28

    Yes I watched it , Bill had it and loaned it to me, it was on a VHS tape. His truck was on it and Neil Brothers from Merritt the Blue and White P510 S that I posted about a few threads ago. As well as other trucks. At the time I did not have the skills (still do not) to down load a VHS to You Tube. Now I wish I would of paid some one to do this for me.

  914. #91464Pacific2014-10-06 17:57

    Contact Pacific Truck 1-800-663-5358 - they are selling copies of it (and others) on DVD, they had a bunch of them available at my truck show in Cache Creek this past July. Scott

  915. #915Blk prince2014-10-06 18:04

    64Pacific thank you for the info.

  916. #916lowbed driver2014-10-06 18:21

    The 3 are here in my town, I actually got a ride in one on a job site. I do not know if all 3 are still road worthy, I think 2 are and one is a parts truck (hope not). The manager of the concrete plant here actually drove one of them for Allied delivering concrete when the trucks first showed up down south.

  917. #917Hank R2014-10-07 08:47

    Low bed driver I sure hope you can get a few pictures for us.:drinkup

  918. #918lowbed driver2014-10-07 11:12

    I most likely can but would need help getting them on the site.......may need to send them to you. Cheers L.D.

  919. #919Hank R2014-10-07 11:28

    No problem I will PM you my E-Mail and send down I will post up for you, Has Darrell got hold of his Saunders Pics yet?

  920. #920lowbed driver2014-10-07 12:09

    No. Darrel was just in the office and picked up his pics. Will get him to keep trying. Cheers L.D.

  921. #921camptramp2014-10-08 00:25

    Pete Rigby , driving for Trav Rankin at Lillooet B.C. 1978.

  922. #922Vigilant2014-10-08 17:48

    That old Ford FT-1000 is what caught my eye. They were ugly, cheap, rough-riding trucks, but I still like 'em. Gotta love that 5X4.

  923. #923Hank R2014-10-08 22:34

    This P-510 S is from Vancouver area Industrial mover, was in town to move a huge crusher into place at our copper mine.

  924. #924diamondtguy2014-10-09 23:04

    Good to see it working and moving around the province...It was seen in North Vancouver a few months ago......Cory

  925. #925jt19722014-10-10 00:47

    t 336 is the truck I run ! currently it has a blown engine hopefully it will be back on the road soon

  926. #926Hank R2014-10-10 09:03

    This 1969 P-10, 335 Cummins, with a 6 and 4 transmission 25 yard rock box. is just a little bit North East of Princeton used as a ranch dump truck 2007 photo.

  927. #927Hank R2014-10-11 15:57

    Coast Power Train- Pacific Truck Manufacturing of New Westminster B.C. were contacted by a customer in New Zealand if they could build a new P-510 for them, in 2005. They were unable to do so. The customer then wanted to do a total rebuild of their 1986 Pacific P-510 F which was 19 years old. They were able to supply all the parts needed so the rebuilt the truck just like new.

  928. #928Hank R2014-10-12 09:07
  929. #929Sigurd2014-10-18 15:34

    . I know its not the right thread but i did not find a thread for White. Has anyone some spec of this truck? It was used for transport of explosives for road building. Sigurd

  930. #930Hank R2014-10-21 07:50

    This P-510 S is from Kamloops, was in use until 2012 and have not seen since.

  931. #931HD20142014-10-29 00:20
  932. #932diamondtguy2014-10-29 00:55

    That stirs my memory banks....Could just be the rye and coke but I'm feeling something......Cory

  933. #933Hank R2014-10-30 12:13

    This is how it looks now.

  934. #934Hank R2014-10-30 16:40

    I was not able to locate the Allied Pacific, only the P-9 was there. The person I spoke to finally told me that he has only owned this farm for just over 3 years and has never seen a Pacific truck. Then I showed him the P-9 on his farm,:beatsme so I have no guess where the twin steer Pacific ended up.

  935. #935HDX2014-10-30 22:20

    A couple of Pacifics.

  936. #936HDX2014-10-30 22:23

    One more.

  937. #937Hank R2014-10-30 22:36

    Is the Pacific in the last pictures being restored? Looks to be pretty straight.

  938. #938Weber2014-10-31 15:59
  939. #939Weber2014-10-31 16:05

    Luke Weber (my father) with the H94 Pacific p16 in 1979. Franklin Division M&B. He drove this beast from 1979 to 1995. My dad is happily retired in Port Alberni at age 84, there is a rare day that goes by that he does not speak about the old H94.

  940. #940Weber2014-10-31 16:14

    Luke again with the H94. This photo appeared in full colour on the front page of the Vancouver Sun in 1988 (if I remember correctly). I ordered the photo from Vancouver Sun in the 90s

  941. #941Hank R2014-10-31 16:22

    Weber great pictures and information there.

  942. #942Hank R2014-10-31 16:28

    Weber topic 605 page 41, I have pictures of H 94, there are a few pages about your fathers old truck.

  943. #943Weber2014-10-31 16:44

    It was about 1984 when dad rounded a steep gravel corner with a heavy load and something went wrong. The whole truck and load rolled down the mountain side. Dad went down with it all. I think the truck rolled over twice. He was lucky the load went down first. The cab was crushed almost down to the hood. Dad said he had no time to think about jumping so he wrapped his legs around the steering column and hugged the wheel. It was a hot day and dad crawled back up the mountain and walked a few miles back to the landing where he was airlifted to the hospital. He didn't break a bone and was back to work in short order. This is a picture of the H94 (given to dad by one of his co workers) right after m&b rebuilt it and sent it back to Franklin Division.

  944. #944Weber2014-10-31 17:06

    Dad and I would love to see any pictures you have Hank. I was just talking to dad today about Stevie's H17 and the stamp that Canada Post made. Dad told me Stevie is still driving it but it is yellow now. You guys had great and honourable professions, the back bones of our strong country. Here is a pic of dad pulling a train as he would call it.

  945. #945Weber2014-10-31 17:21

    Stevie's truck

  946. #946HDX2014-10-31 22:53

    Welcome aboard Steve There is not a day goes by that I don't think of him, Trev ,Carl and all the other oldtimers. LOL Funny after all these years I still call THEM oldtimers. Your dad went back to the HD Hayes's H99 and a few others then the day he got H193 a WHD Man you couldn't wipe the grin off his face with a rag. He stayed on her till 1974 when he got H319 brand new HDX PreLoad then after a few years he moved up to the P16 with a 3412 Cat engine Man he was stylin then What a pleasure it was with all those guys and you are right they were honourable guys. Your dad's H94 is now up in the Ft McMurray area hauling a lowbed last I heard. Thanks for taking the time to post these pictures. Go and bug Luke and get some of his other pictures The guys on here would love to see them.

  947. #947diamondtguy2014-11-01 11:44

    Good stuff Weber..Would love to see more pics...I am one of the guys that put that truck (and its sisters) together.I remember it well and have posted a few times about the 3412 trucks.. I remember we did three wide frame trucks and couldn't find out if it was the 3412 powered trucks or the 12V92 powered trucks.I see on the cab plate of the Cat truck that its stamped P-16W.....I guess I have my answer.. Here is a pic of it up in Alberta.Picture was taken a few months ago.............Cory

  948. #948LLLearner2014-11-17 11:20

    Hank R, the Detroit 8v71 was partially rebuilt by our group of 4 apprentices at the college and is still set up on an engine stand. It will likely remain as a learning aid for the college. Given time constraints of the programs taught there I don't think the truck will be rebuilt, but when I return for my next level of training I will ask and let you know.The engine received new rings, bearings, gaskets, honing, and a complete cleaning. The old liners were re-used due to budget issues. We fortunate to have Irvin Young come to the college and demonstrate how to set up the governor and the fuel racks, which was different then the repair manual stated and easy to understand!! Irvin is a friend of Don Neil who works at the college.

  949. #949Hank R2014-11-17 16:43

    Thanks for the update. It is good there are old timers around to teach the new mechanics a few tricks of the trade.

  950. #950HDX2014-11-23 16:47

    H-119 back on the job after her total undercarriage rebuild. Both diffs and planetaries, trans re-bearing and re-bushed plus new paint job. Driver Dave Golbeck happy to have her back.

  951. #951HDX2014-11-23 16:50

    H-119 again.

  952. #952Shoepeg2014-11-23 16:54

    Good looking truck in the background of the last picture.

  953. #953Blk prince2014-11-23 17:08

    Break out the champagne! Makes my heart skip a beat,congratulations to happy driver. How did that yellow fellow just happen to come along at that moment? By adding extra set of ramps,that Pacific looks so much wider. Strange to see but quite a difference in mud and rocks flying. Thanks HDX.maybe there is a visor hiding with 119 on it.

  954. #954HDX2014-11-23 17:20

    H119 is the spare low bed truck and has the SPR 570 rear diffs and they are very hard to find parts for now and when you do find them it is extremely expensive. The guys down in the Chemainus shop do very nice work as is evident in the way she turned out. Would be interesting to find out her prior history. I think we tried before to come up with her original Crown Z number but it got cloudy with the Ted Leroy auction. will post some more of these trucks working together. Funny how all three big companies are still represented in the trucks down at Sarita -- M&B -- BCFP and Crown Z. For the most part the drivers do a fantastic job of looking after them. You just got to have the support of the night shift mechanics to stay on top of things.

  955. #955Blk prince2014-11-23 17:26

    Are there any signs that this unit had a Cotta?

  956. #956HDX2014-11-23 17:38

    Blk prince. I will blast a few interior pics for you Just in case you need a trip back down memory mainline! LOL Gotta admit They are pretty nice looking trucks . Leroys had a P16 same as H119 that they parted out and was sold at the same auction. Her unit number was H17 I took a bunch of pictures that I can post if you want She got cut up after she went up to Head Bay I think Will ask Darren J next time I see him He was the main man in the shop I think. Remember his dad Al from NitNat Division ???

  957. #957dirty4fun2014-11-23 19:00

    Sure good to see and nice to know that the truck was rebuilt. Should give it a bunch of good years ahead working in the forest.

  958. #958HDX2014-11-23 19:41

    Yes dirty4fun You know her also. Dave says HI

  959. #959diamondtguy2014-11-23 21:50

    Very nice.........

  960. #960Blk prince2014-11-23 22:08

    HDX,I do remember Al J. Lost touch for many years,then we met up 5yrs ago at a funeral for one of our supervisors. Lost track of hi pm again.Darren was only a pup back in Nitinat days. lol I would like to see interior pictures. Are you fellows still running your big lowbed that was on 92,93, and 94? Probably all gone now and no extra controls needed in cabs,right?

  961. #961HDX2014-11-26 23:44

    The lowbed was cut up in Camp "B" The deck part is still there in the bush but the rest is long gone. The controls were still in H92 and H94 when they left Franklin for parts unknown. The picture that diamondtguy posted of H94 in FtMac looks really good. Wonder if in fact the steering system is still in there or has been removed. Im sure someone from up there will one day post some pics of her on here for us. Funny how those three trucks had such an impact on so many people after all these years. Geez we took them for granted when they were working beside us everyday. One day the regular driver of H92 (Carl) was away and Ken Miller the truck foreman told me to just take her down to the Coleman and dump the load I didn't want to because sure as hell that is when something goes wrong every time. Well I got down there and just as I drove onto the deck under the "A" frame-- Charlie (Gehl) the operator came out of the cab and sure as sh## he let the haulback go Yup right across Carl's hood and you remember how big they were, He managed to spike it but it was too late there was scratch marks right on the corner drivers side. Carl covered it up with a Canadian flag decal and every time I saw it, It was a reminder of that day!

  962. #962Blk prince2014-11-26 23:51

    Holy crap! That is exactly what does happen,and you feel so sick inside. No one better to take a truck out than HDX and sxxx happens.

  963. #963diamondtguy2014-11-26 23:53

    My buddys son is back up in Fort Mac for another $eason...I will get a hold of him and see I can get some more pictures.....Just for your giggles Mr.HDX..the guy who took the picture in Fort Mac is Steven Child.....Grandson of Bud Child.......Cory

  964. #964Hank R2014-11-27 21:59

    I received these pictures from Rob G. he was delivering fuel, out to the Ainsworth mill just south of Grande Prarrie for the first time in a long time .I was very surprised to see this big beast parked there. They are using it for a yard mule.

  965. #965diamondtguy2014-11-27 23:11

    It would be interesting to find out some history on the truck...Another long time BC resident gone to Alberta chasing the big bucks..I see she has been repowered...Some time and money has been invested in the truck.......Cory

  966. #966Hank R2014-11-27 23:26

    Rob and I went to Yakima together and he seen a P-16 there so now he is on the look out for former Residents. He is going to find out the serial # and what ever he can find out about the truck.

  967. #967Vigilant2014-11-27 23:54

    I picked up on the air-to-air also. As long as the hood is, could she have originally been powered by a 12V71? I suspect that back in the day, if somebody showed up with all those handrails on their truck, they would have been laughed off the job.

  968. #96849pacific2014-11-27 23:59

    That pacific used to be coulsons forest products can't think of the unit number. me and my dad repowered it a few years ago and painted it when a guy in port alberni bought it. He ran it a few months than sold it up north

  969. #969diamondtguy2014-11-28 00:16

    49Pacific.....what engine did you pull out of it ??...............Cory

  970. #97049pacific2014-11-28 00:19

    Pulled a v12 out and put a 3406E cat

  971. #971Vigilant2014-11-28 05:47

    I meant to say a 16V71, but I guess I was wrong. Thanks.

  972. #972Hank R2014-11-28 14:21

    Ainsworth uses short logs so they load it up crossways. is why the fancy iron work above the cab.

  973. #973Hank R2014-12-06 11:24

    Found this P-510 F at Spences Bridge, this truck was at Alexis Creel for 8 or 10 years before.

  974. #974cypresscreeklog2014-12-06 19:38

    Cypress Creek Logging Rebuilt 1976 pacific p10

  975. #975cypresscreeklog2014-12-06 19:43

    Cypress Creek Logging P10 first trip with madill 3800c

  976. #976diamondtguy2014-12-06 22:27

    Good looking truck..........Cory

  977. #977wiggle wagon2014-12-09 01:20

    Sharp looking P10.

  978. #978Hank R2014-12-16 21:57

    Rob G had to go to the Ainsworth again the other day and got a couple more pictures of their Short logger Pacific, with a very small load.

  979. #979diamondtguy2015-01-22 00:12

    According to someone from Allied four(???) trucks went to Kitimat complete with mixers..As Hank mentioned one truck was kind of across the street at Allied Brick and Block....They recently sold it for scrap value (***)...but....it was purchased (with out mixer I believe)to a ex driver of the Pacifics from Allied...He and his son are going to restore it..This is the guy I donated most of my Pacific stuff (including name plates) too decades ago... It would appear that the story we had heard (includeing me) about one going to a Mushroom farm in the valley is just a story...non of us can confirm it. Now...big question...What town is lowbed driver in.. I am still trying to confirm how many trucks they had but it would appear that none have been crushed..... The new owner has told my brother he wants to chat with me.I will find out all I can when he calls.......Cory

  980. #980lowbed driver2015-01-22 11:15

    I am indeed in Kitimat. Owner of trucks has given me permission to takes photos at his shop, just have not got around to it yet. Diamondtguy (or someone else) PM me an e-mail address, so that I can send you photos, I am not to computer savvy and doubt I could get them on computer and post them on this site.

  981. #981Hank R2015-01-22 14:23

    I have send a PM to you Stew, you should still have my address.

  982. #982HDX2015-02-09 22:29

    Just a heads up you guys There is a fellow coming over to the Island tomorrow and he is looking for a P510 to completely restore. Don't really know of any but I would think Duncan would be a good starting place. There was a couple down around there that Hayes Forest had as fire tankers don't even know where they ended up

  983. #983madill man2015-02-09 22:38

    is that old pacific the one that was at the 100 mile mill is it still there I saw a trailer at exco the other day thanks

  984. #984camptramp2015-02-09 22:48

    Put him in touch with me I know where Ron Peter's Trucking #14 , #15 are parked ( 1985 P-10 S ) with Knight Trailer and rigging .

  985. #985HDX2015-02-09 23:08

    OK camptramp Will do Thank You for the heads up

  986. #986Blk prince2015-02-09 23:11

    HDX check your PM in case you missed it

  987. #987HD Mech2015-02-10 07:40

    HDX there's ialso a 1981 P510 self loading truck on the forest tech website. Says its parked in Campbell River.

  988. #988Hank R2015-02-10 08:43

    Just north of Clinton near 70 mile there is a P-510 F with a water tank and a P-510 S with a dump box for sale.

  989. #989HDX2015-02-10 11:22

    That is great you guys Thanks a bunch At least the guy has some options. Would be great to see another Pacific saved and done up. Will pass on the rest of this info

  990. #99064Pacific2015-02-11 11:51

    There is also a 1974 P510S for sale - http://www.pacifictruckclub.org/Photos/tcp1034.jpg - more photos on the website, currently this truck is sitting in the back corner of a scrap yard and I have bought us some time to find a new home for it. If it isn't sold in reasonable time it will be cut up, from what I know the truck runs, drives and works, they were recently using it in the yard to move some material around. Contact Alan at ABC Metals in Surrey, 1-604-514-9411

  991. #991S Loader2015-02-11 23:58

    Hi to you all, new to the forum, my first posting. Came across this thread because I was looking into Pacific Trucks. I've lived on the West Coast for almost 40 years & enjoy the outdoors, so working in the forest is a dream come true. I like the rugged look of the Pacifics, Lws etc. My question is can one find a Pacific even an older one that will be workable today? Not too concerned about weight but need to make a living. I appreciate your efforts here to save these Pacifics from the bone yard. Thanks

  992. #992skadill2015-02-12 00:34

    rbauction vintage pics Pacifics-# 1 and 5 unknown,#3 and #4 Mayo Lumber Co.#2 Onion Lake Logging

  993. #993skadill2015-02-12 00:39

    more pacifics

  994. #994diamondtguy2015-02-12 00:55

    Nice pictures...The 89 510 would be one of the last built..The last pic of the 81 P-9 looks good as well but its not a P-9...Pretty sure P-9's were finished a year or two before I started there...non the less the pictures are nice....Cory

  995. #995diamondtguy2015-02-12 01:00

    Welcome aboard.......be sure to read all the threads..The Pacifics,Hayes and others all migrate into other threads depending on the subject.....There are some very good people here.......Cory

  996. #996wiggle wagon2015-02-17 01:22

    Cory, I can confirm that 119 was at that mushroom farm just east of Abbotsford. The same farm the black P9 is at. I couldn't get a picture but wish I had. It was there from November 2012 through January 2013 at least as I saw it there on several occasions. Beyond that I don't know.

  997. #997diamondtguy2015-02-17 12:06

    Interesting...It would appear the mushroom truck is real.Hank R was there with in the last year I believe and the truck was not there.The black P-9 was..I will let him fill in the details.I always thought there were five trucks but have not confirmed it...Waiting to hear from lowbed driver on the trucks that went to Kitimat......Thanks for the info......Cory

  998. #998Hank R2015-02-17 13:00

    I was at the mushroom farm in Oct 2014 and talked to the owners and there is no Pacific tandem steer truck their only the 1973 P-9 black truck and it is owned by a contractor. The current owners have only been there since early 2013. The only ex Allied truck there was a Mack with a 5th wheel on it. Tyler from Allied told me they only had 4 Pacific truck first was a 1986 and the newest a 1988. No doubt Pacific could of built more tandem steer redi mix trucks.

  999. #999diamondtguy2015-02-17 13:12

    W/W says the truck at the farm was 119.From the pics taken (Hank) of what I believe was Allieds last Pacific it would appear 119 was the last truck to go (????)..I need to find out what truck number the local privately owned one is.......

  1000. #1000Hank R2015-02-17 15:52

    #119 was Allied's last Pacific I took pictures of it. Will try again to get hold of LowBed driver for the ones that are up his way. Also will check mail incast they are here in my box. The new owners I did not ask where the old owners went that had 119, I was told that it was there just never could find it and all those places are locked up and can not talk to any one that speaks my English there. I have stopped in 3 times already.

  1001. #1001Hank R2015-02-17 17:17

    The Pacific in topic 849, is for sale if any one is looking for a project.

  1002. #1002wiggle wagon2015-02-17 20:04

    Allied 118 was at the Lock block plant on Mitchell Island, I have pictures of it there. Which one ended up at Magnum Concrete in Aldergrove? This picture was online:

  1003. #1003Hank R2015-02-17 20:27

    I knew one was at the Lock Block there just could not get a picture of it. Tyler told me the other 2 were sold up north near Kitamat.

  1004. #1004diamondtguy2015-02-17 20:38

    Well that answers that....The one at Lock Block as far as I know is the one that was recently sold and is now in private hands...I know nothing of the Magnum concrete truck..Maybe its the missing 119.....Lowbed driver says they have three trucks in Kitimat...That makes five trucks......Cory

  1005. #1005Hank R2015-02-17 21:12

    Except Tyler told me they only had 4 at Allied, and 2 were up near Kitamat, But Pacific could of build more for other customers, based on the success of the first 4 Allied trucks. I checked my notes and I wrote 4 Pacifics, Oct 12, 2008 when I was there.

  1006. #1006camptramp2015-02-19 23:25

    Gordy I. Lake Cowichan's Gordy Neva's Pacific rock truck parked at Mesachie Lake B.C.

  1007. #1007Hank R2015-02-24 13:12

    My Friend Doug was in New West last week and at Coast Power he found this old P-12 that is being parted out I used to drive for Fred Sowchuck back in the 70's.

  1008. #1008wiggle wagon2015-02-24 21:45

    In the second picture you can see where the frame was torched off. That is what prevented this truck from being rebuilt, from what I was told. Many other parts from this will have a second life elsewhere though.

  1009. #1009Hank R2015-02-26 08:40

    Coast Power Train in the lot and found a P-16 with a 12V-71. Cool stuff. I thought almost all of the P-16s had Allison transmissions. Neat to see something like that with a clutch pedal.

  1010. #1010diamondtguy2015-02-27 01:48

    Just got some pictures tonight from Fort Mac....The 3412 powered P-16 is in the shop getting a new engine..My friends son is probably putting it in tonight.He is in in early 20's...I would have been 20 when we put her and her sisters together.I remember dropping the engine in the first one.....Kinda funny as I have his 69 440 Barracuda here doing a bunch of work on it......Cory

  1011. #1011diamondtguy2015-02-27 01:53

    Mileage on the P-16

  1012. #1012Hank R2015-02-27 07:52

    Great pictures, thanks for post them

  1013. #1013HDX2015-02-28 10:49

    What is with the ventilated front bumper? Are people back there so old they must have handrails to get around her front end? Is Howie back there overseeing this rebuild?

  1014. #1014callingtheshop2015-02-28 11:42

    What number was this one? I saw one in Toquart area about 2004.

  1015. #10150752015-02-28 12:26

    In the land of Ice and Snow you might needs those and a snow shovel to check your fluids. God how I love the coast lol

  1016. #1016diamondtguy2015-02-28 12:55

    I am going to try and find out why the engine was changed/rebuilt....I know it got a new cyl head a few years ago.. Question for those in the know.....Is this the truck that was wrecked early in its life.?????.Or one of its sisters

  1017. #1017HDX2015-02-28 20:19

    callingtheshop Lukes truck H94 The picture above was when she went over up on Looper 100 and went to Intertruck in Nanaimo and was restored. Then when Gary Cathers got her she went to Inland Kenworth in Nanaimo and was totally rebuilt again to become the new lowbed truck for Franklin. Carl, Luke, Trev and Goerge as well as a bunch of other drivers retired when M&B came up with that bridging package in the late 90's This left the lowbed position open and Gary Cathers wanted it. He stayed on her till the new Pi## Pot trucks came along and he got a new KW highway truck He stayed on that for a while then went into the Dispatch Shack as the dispatcher and retired in that position

  1018. #1018diamondtguy2015-02-28 20:25

    HDX...is that a yes then ???The Alberta truck is H94..I just sent a message up to Fort Mac to try and find out why the engine was pulled..

  1019. #1019HDX2015-02-28 20:44

    wiggle wagon If you look at the frame on that truck that was torched off--We were talking about that today and you can see where the front frame extensions are bolted on there just like the Hayes WHD's. Could you not just unbolt that whole front section and bolt on a new one thus the frame would be fine? Just asking But if you go look I think you would find that the truck could be saved with a quick fix like that What do you think diamondtguy ??? It is just a "Flex Frame" and that was the theory behind these frame extensions was it not In the event of a head on or accident like that The front end was unbolted and new extensions bolted back on and you were back in business

  1020. #1020diamondtguy2015-02-28 21:08

    I would not hesitate to fix it nor would get rattled by the challenge...There isn't anything really structural from that point forward.Only the rad crossmember and bumper...Like you said its a bolt together frame and the blueprints are only a hundred yards away.Some creative fabrication and welding and let the fun begin........Some people just don't think when they have a gas axe in their hand.......

  1021. #1021wiggle wagon2015-03-03 19:22

    HDX, the P12W's are a flex frame. I asked Larry what was going to happen to the truck and he said that it wasn't worth fixing because of the front frame damage. The cab roof was poor too. Whoever had it last just torched off everything to get the engine out quick. Truck 2308 during its build, the front unbolts: Edit: they have a complete P12 frame out back anyways.

  1022. #1022diamondtguy2015-03-03 20:02

    That picture would be the last truck built (P-12) in the parts warhouse..One of those guys still works with Larry at Coast Power... The bumper may unbolt and a insert may come out of the frame but the main rails are one pc.. Some of us would rather go to the trouble of fixing things than scrap them...

  1023. #1023HDX2015-03-03 23:33

    wiggle wagon Thanks for that If she is being parted out HHHMMM what about the tires and wheels I am in need of some for a project. If you could find out could you send me a PM Thanks Again

  1024. #1024wiggle wagon2015-03-05 01:30

    Cory, truck 2308 was indeed the last truck built - in the parts warehouse - 4 years after regular production ended. Steve, Larry was saving the wheels and tires and a bunch of other parts for a good frame in the back. Sorry.

  1025. #1025diamondtguy2015-03-05 11:25

    I went down and looked at the truck a few times when it was being built.Two of the guys in the picture I worked with for ten years.One of the guys was the charge hand (P-16 shop) and the other was our road tester...good guys

  1026. #1026Vigilant2015-03-05 11:29

    Must have been an awesome job, building Pacific trucks, and especially P16s. Such a shame it came to an end.

  1027. #1027diamondtguy2015-03-05 20:05

    It was my first job after graduating and I remember it well...I got pulled out eventually by the lure of the automotive industry and went to work building 427 Cobra replicas....I have done a lot of things over the years but logging trucks/trucks are the one thing I always wanted to return to...I still have some years left.......Cory

  1028. #1028Hank R2015-03-09 17:56

    lowbed driver sent me these pictures of the Ex Allied Pacific trucks.There are 3. I believe they may have parted out a 4th. Not sure. Any ways, they are owned by Glacier Concrete here in Kitimat. One is company colours other two are still blue. I do not know if they are still using them as they have a couple of new Sterling tandem/tandems as well as some other 3 axle trucks. They are in great shape as you can see and well looked after.

  1029. #1029dangol27892015-03-15 09:43

    Hi everyone, my father in law recently bought a 1980 P16 out of the Ritchie brothers auction in Nanaimo, I got the serial number off of it, and was wondering how i go about looking into the history of the truck? And help would be greatly appreciated. T80126.1433 is the serial number Thanks, Keith

  1030. #1030Hank R2015-03-15 11:44

    Call Coast Power Train in New West and ask for Larry McNutt he has all the information you need as well as any parts.

  1031. #1031dangol27892015-03-16 21:13

    Thanks, I will give that a try

  1032. #1032madill man2015-03-29 15:57

    the pacific p510 dump truck for sale for more info message me please

  1033. #1033wiggle wagon2015-04-17 22:25

    I knew I had taken a picture of an Allied mixer truck at the mushroom farm near Abbotsford. Sorry its such a lousy pic, but it might pass for proof it was there. Yes, thats me in a Sterling with a disposable camera. Thats also why I couldn't find the pic.

  1034. #1034Hank R2015-04-17 22:50

    Wiggle wagon when did you get that picture about 3 years ago?? Now if we could find its new home is.

  1035. #1035Hank R2015-04-17 23:05

    Here are some more pictures of the Glacier trucks. The Red Magnium truck was repainted to the Glacier colors.

  1036. #1036Hank R2015-04-17 23:11
  1037. #1037wiggle wagon2015-04-17 23:18

    I'm pretty sure I got that picture in January 2013, Hank. There are several I'd like to find again.

  1038. #1038Vigilant2015-04-17 23:41

    I wonder how a strong arm worked on a tandem steer truck. Although I never sold any mixer trucks, I heard the strong arms were not all they were cracked up to be.

  1039. #1039wiggle wagon2015-04-18 01:53

    With the pictures above of the four Glacier Pacifics, I think we can account for all the twin steer trucks formerly from the lower mainland. The one in Glacier paint was the Magnum truck, the three blue trucks were Allied trucks (they had four) and the remaining Allied truck was sold without its barrel from United Lock Block on Mitchell Island to be restored. Tyler at Allied had said all four were still working in BC. Except for 118 (United Lock Block) it might still be true. 118 was in tough shape the last time I saw it.

  1040. #1040Hank R2015-04-18 08:46

    This is what I have received from Bruce MacRitchie at Glacier. I've gathered a few pictures of our Pacific's, the main one being one we bought from Magnum Concrete in Abbotsford. I used to work for them and I recall when they bought it in about 1991 or '92 it was white with green trim. It was originally owned by Pacific Site Concrete, who I believe used it on a remote job somewhere before selling it to Magnum. We bought it from Magnum in 2007 with a new drum on it and painted it our colours. We've also put a remand engine in it (400 Cummins). It served us well for about 4 years, mostly on the Rio Tinto Alcan Kitimat Modernization Project. It's been parked for a couple of years because it needed a new engine front gear cover, but we're going to replace that now. It was kind of pricey so we've been holding off but I didn't want the truck to waste away so we're biting the bullet and doing the work now. I included one picture when it was still at Magnum. We have scrapped one of the Allied Pacific's (#105) and another one (#107) is probably parked for the last time. So we have the one Magnum truck and the one Allied truck that are still usable, though the remaining Allied one needs some TLC with leaks etc. We'd use it in a pinch but hard to say if that day will come. I can confirm that Allied had at least 5 of these because I have pictures showing #105, 107, 117, 119 and 120. I suspect they had more. Ours are (were) #105, 107 and 120.

  1041. #1041wiggle wagon2015-04-18 10:39

    It didn't make sense to me that Allied only had four of these. But that was the information out there. Glacier scrapped #105. So, apparently Glacier never owned 118 or 119 but had three of Allied's Pacifics. The numbers don't add up.

  1042. #1042Hank R2015-04-18 15:02

    You are right about the numbers they just do not work out, But I met with Tyler in Dec 2008 and he told me himself they had 4 Pacifics. Bit that can not be correct by my old school Math.

  1043. #1043diamondtguy2015-05-09 00:00

    Finally got some more pics from my friend who worked with me for a number of years at Pacific..He was the fork lift driver in the early years and then later built a lot of our trailers...It appears he didn't take any trailer pics...His all time favorite truck is Blk Princes Super Truck...There is one picture that "may" be it.... Three pics of a unknown P-16..I am going to guess its circa 1977 judging by the muffler screens

  1044. #1044diamondtguy2015-05-09 00:06

    Fairly certain this is one of the Soda Springs mining trucks.

  1045. #1045diamondtguy2015-05-09 00:10

    This may or not be the ass end of Blk Princes P-16...Time frame fits...The tires may be a good clue...

  1046. #1046Hank R2015-05-09 09:08

    Great old pictures need to see more.

  1047. #1047Blk prince2015-05-09 10:08

    diamondtguy,good morning. The P-16 in orange looks exactly like the 40-87. The second line below the the trailer airline was used for the ramps on the lowbed. Nice to see. Thanks.

  1048. #1048diamondtguy2015-05-09 12:11

    One more...looks like your standard issue Mac Blo P-16.I will scan some more tonight.. ....

  1049. #1049camptramp2015-05-10 00:34
  1050. #1050camptramp2015-05-10 00:51
  1051. #1051camptramp2015-05-10 00:54

    Not sure but P-16 looks like Malloch & Moseley colours .

  1052. #1052Blk prince2015-05-10 11:20

    HDX,when you next walk by any of the ex CZ trucks,have a look see if any have the extra hydraulic line below the air and water lines. This was for lowbed ramps.

  1053. #1053HDX2015-05-10 12:11

    OK You might go for a drive and look at them. Most of them are now down in either Chemainus shop at the dryland sort or up in the shop yard on smiley road. We do still have one or two so I will look at them for you but in the meantime if you get a free hour go for a cruise and see if any bells are ringing. Bill's P16 that had the cotta in it was barged out of Sarita a couple weeks ago along with a load of other artifacts including the sand truck 6-236 and Albert Nelsons old HDX water tanker with the 46-40 rear diffs and 6-211.They towed the 40-100 if that was Bills old number down to the barge with the sand truck and our only tow bar LOL. Go scope them out Ian and see what you can tell us

  1054. #1054Blk prince2015-05-10 16:35

    I will put that on top of this weeks to do list

  1055. #1055diamondtguy2015-05-10 19:21

    Question for Blk Prince,HDX or anyone else in the know...I am curious to how deep is the water the CZ stuff is sitting in... Camptramp thanks for resizing my pics..I don't have anymore P-16 pics..Next is some P-12 Roughneck pictures......Cheers

  1056. #1056diamondtguy2015-05-10 20:47

    One more P-16...Some one might recognize the paint scheme...Man standing on it was a long time foreman there Bill Lang...

  1057. #1057Blk prince2015-05-10 23:35

    Corey,that is a different paint. No one would forget that one. As for depth of water,I was told that it was only 100 feet. Now I never got to go back there and I would think that at such a shallow depth,the shipping lane would be cut back. As the equipment went down,the trucks were first and loaders followed by grapple yarders. This crushed the trucks. As this happened 35yrs ago I guess the laws were not in place to put onus on anyone for cleanup.

  1058. #1058diamondtguy2015-05-10 23:51

    At 100 feet it wouldn't take much to screw up the depth there if it all piled up...Would be nice to see the remains through the eyes of all the modern camera's and technology we have to day..... Here is a pic of another truck who's paint scheme should set it apart..."A Pacific Canadian"

  1059. #1059camptramp2015-05-11 00:53
  1060. #106064Pacific2015-05-11 11:33

    This Pacific is still working in town, other than a logo added to the door, the paint is still the same

  1061. #1061diamondtguy2015-05-11 21:54

    Nice to hear the truck is still working....Here is a P-12 Roughneck...6x6...Usually powered by a 12V71..

  1062. #1062HDX2015-05-11 22:40

    BlkPrince That P16 with the green stripe and green bumper Was that Brian Peters dads truck from Lake Cowichan???? Ron Peters had a few new trucks in his time and I thought that one might have been his. Richard Neva or Gordi would remember.

  1063. #1063camptramp2015-05-12 00:21
  1064. #1064camptramp2015-05-12 00:24

    Ron Peters Pacific P-16 that he owned for a short time around 1984 / 1985 , that he turned in on 2 Pacific highway trucks in 1985 .

  1065. #1065Desertwheeler2015-05-12 00:59

    What's the story there? Did I miss it in earlier posts?

  1066. #1066diamondtguy2015-05-12 01:20

    It was discussed in earlier posts...HDX and or Blk Prince can tell the whole story..A barge went down 35 years ago and everything went swimming..Two unique P-16's went under..Blk Prince had been the driver of one of the trucks since it was new....The story may be here or in the Crown Zellerbach thread....You will find reference of me asking about it as we were told about it at Pacific...Blk Prince has posted lots of good pictures of his truck... I find myself more haunted by the story now then I was 35 years ago..For reasons unknown management lied to us and told us everything was recovered and refired by a salvage company....We built new trucks and trailers to replace them...

  1067. #1067Blk prince2015-05-12 09:15

    Desert wheeler,good morning. If you were to take a look at the Crown Zellerbach site and look at Post 266 you will find my story of the sinking. Sad time. At that time there was no salvage done but I do not know if anyone took on that challenge since that time. I have my doubts.

  1068. #1068diamondtguy2015-05-13 23:26

    Some P-12 Roughneck oil field trucks......Last one appears to be what we refered to as a Mini Roughneck

  1069. #1069diamondtguy2015-05-14 21:25

    Last of my recently acquired pictures....Judging by the front tires,wheelbase and fuel tanks these trucks are on there way to the Alberta oil fields...Good looking steel front end trucks.. Sitting in the back ground of the first pic is a freshly painted P-16 frame

  1070. #1070ProGroomer2015-05-16 03:09

    This showed up this morning.... http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/hvo/5025174112.html

  1071. #1071HD Mech2015-05-16 03:45

    I saw that truck on Craigslist quite a while ago, wish I had the money and work for it.

  1072. #1072Vigilant2015-05-16 05:08

    Looks a s though someone inherited an estate.

  1073. #1073steamcrane2015-05-22 17:17

    119 has been saved from the mushroom farm to be repurposed to another life pictures on completion

  1074. #1074Hank R2015-05-22 18:05

    steamcrane we need a few pictures ASAP, wife says I will get cranky if I have to wait for a long time. Just a few please. Thanks Hanky

  1075. #1075steamcrane2015-05-24 20:50

    sorry only pictures so far are from vancouver craigslist ad "mixer drum" for sale

  1076. #107664Pacific2015-05-25 11:49

    The ad as mentioned above: http://vancouver.craigslist.ca/rds/hvo/5023349737.html

  1077. #1077Hank R2015-05-25 12:07

    Thanks for the link does look like the truck will be saved.

  1078. #1078diamondtguy2015-05-25 12:16

    Are we sure that's the mushroom farm truck and not the one from Brick and Block that is now in private hands ????

  1079. #1079wiggle wagon2015-05-25 16:38

    I think both have been saved, Corey. 118 looked to be in pretty tough shape when I took pictures of it a few years ago.

  1080. #1080NP-15-A2015-06-08 16:07

    Hey, for your information, the Truck Show at BC Forest Discovery Centre in Duncan, BC, is on July 18 and 19, 2015, Saturday and Sunday. There will be a few Hayes and Pacific trucks at the show. If you bring a truck to display, it's $10 entrance fee for participants ( includes a dash plaque ) For more information contact me, NP-15-A, with a message. This is the ATHS Vancouver Island Chapter's Truck Show. For the general public, admission is with the BC Forest Discovery Centre, but it's a great spot for family and grandkids, to spend time, with the trucks, the train, concession on site, lots of shady spots for a blanket to have a picnic and picnic tables too. Hope you can come. from NP-15-A

  1081. #1081RCP572015-06-08 21:30

    We will be there with our scale equipment too!

  1082. #1082madill man2015-06-24 01:17

    Looking for my uncles old trucks His company name was 93 mile trucking His trucks 1974 pacific p9 logging truck with pacific rigging 1969 kenworth dump truck lang fab box 1976 kenworth logging truck repainted gray when new owner got it 1973 pacific p9 dump truck Last photo is the 2 Pacific's and the 69 kw repainted to go to ritchie bros kamloops around 1980 thanks uncle says the 73 dump truck was bought buy one of the frist nation bands fro Ritchie bros and may still be around Kamloops thanks so much

  1083. #1083camptramp2015-06-24 11:15
  1084. #1084diamondtguy2015-07-23 20:41

    off set cab I am curious to the origin of the offset cab use on the big trucks..Looks like all the big names used it but I suspect it started here in BC with Hayes and Pacific..(for logging use anyways) Any of our historian here have a story about the off set cab......

  1085. #1085Blk prince2015-07-24 10:19

    Good way to wake up the thread. HDX will be a good place to start,hint hint.

  1086. #1086Hank R2015-07-24 11:52

    Just a guess on my part that the reason for the offset cab was it made it easy for the steering and pedals to be mounted and driver to be on left side of truck instead of a more centre location.

  1087. #1087diamondtguy2015-07-24 13:01

    I understand the need and principal of it I am curious as to who stepped up to the plate first and used it or who's engineers figured it out .. I was sitting in a P-16 a couple of days ago that has a 13 spd and a 4spd a-box,looking at the clutch linkage got me thinking about the off set cabs... It is finally raining here...That is a good thing

  1088. #1088Hank R2015-07-24 13:13

    You lucky dog getting rain, we need it bad real bad.:notworthy

  1089. #1089diamondtguy2015-07-24 13:38

    Interesting way of mounting the brake pods.Adaptor brackets had been made up to change the angle of them

  1090. #1090Vigilant2015-07-25 20:57

    My guess would be Mack, with their off-highway L Models. HDX?

  1091. #1091HDX2015-07-26 12:21

    Vigilant I jumped into this kind of late I believe Mack was the first to production run an off-set cab Model truck Their NW FC and FW were among the first built (1940 era) There might well have been other one of trucks built back then but Mack was really out there. Kenworth followed with their big truck models for oil field and logging industry. Hayes would follow Macks LM series by introducing their new line of heavy duty trucks 12 years later. In 1952 Hayes introduced their new line of "HD" trucks. These first HD Hayes models came with an off-set cab Batteries located in the "jump seat" (under the passenger seat) a one piece top of the hood section as well as the round top radiator All these were taken from the LM Mack. It was only after the first 8 trucks of the 17 truck order were working that the decision was made to remove the batteries from under the jump seat and install a remote mount battery box on the right hand side of the frame under the cab to eliminate the battery sulfating problem in the cab. Over time Hayes changed the round topped rad tank to a bigger one due to over heating problems with the 300HP NHRBS Cummins engines. Mack had their exhaust pipe come up through the hood from the manifold whereas Hayes had theirs go through a rear dump manifold and up through a muffler mounted on the R/H side of the cab. These were also to be eliminated because of engine heat build up and most had their manifolds changed so the exhaust came up through the hood same as Mack. Driver visibility was the main reason for off-setting the cabs. I am not sure what year Pacific built their first off set cab but in the very earl 60's. It was a pretty simple thing to do though Move the steering box out from the frame 10 inches, and change the steering drop arm to compensate for the geometry change, re-work the clutch linkage and change the cab mounting brackets bolted to the frame. Same cab only the firewall had a plate riveted/spot welded on the left front side to allow for the off set. We have taken off set cabs and drilled out and removed the front cab off set plate and then installed it on a center mount cab truck. Not a big deal just some fooling around. Cab mounts located on the bottom of the cab don't change. You are only moving the cab to one side by 12 inches. Guys that drove the off set trucks liked them and usually would prefer them to the center mount ones. We are kicking around building an off-set cab highway HD. Hayes never built one for the highway application due to width problems and besides who in their right mind would want to be seen in something like that driving on the highway when everybody else was driving New Kenworths and cornbinders and Pete's. Will let you know if and when we do start this thing. We have all the parts and then some to do it but it is a time thing. Got all the mounts and lots of cabs to choose from as well as frames. Hope this helps.

  1092. #1092diamondtguy2015-07-26 13:05

    Thanks for the info and story.A offset cab HD would be pretty interesting...

  1093. #1093Blk prince2015-07-26 15:27

    diamondtguy,post 1090, where did you get that Corey?

  1094. #1094Blk prince2015-07-26 15:30

    Madill man,I have not seen anymore about your Dad's trucks. Has anyone posted on another thread? Did you find anything from another source?sorry,I took a third look as see they belonged to your Uncle.

  1095. #1095Blk prince2015-07-26 15:43

    HDX,we knew you would be around. Enjoying the info.back to hauling round stuff this week? I see Michael has been shuffling back and forth to your town this weekend. Too busy to come over myself.off to pickup a O/O truck this afternoon. Filling his shoes for next 4 weeks

  1096. #1096diamondtguy2015-07-26 16:05

    Blk Prince....Truck is at Pacific's shop in New West.Its part of there inventory now..12V71 NA with manual transmissions..I was measuring up the frame and going through the factory blueprints...I am going to make a 1/10 scale model of a P-16 (with Reg's help)..I spent a few hours there looking at things,talking to Larry and Rollie and taking another trip down memory lane

  1097. #1097Vigilant2015-07-27 02:24

    As usual, thank you for the concise explanation, HDX. Always a pleasure.

  1098. #1098dirty4fun2015-07-27 07:30

    Once again I see your post HDX and think, man you should write a book. So much knowledge of these older trucks, thanks for sharing it with us, Steve!

  1099. #1099Vigilant2015-07-27 19:13

    No doubt, the man has a mind full of trucks. Many great men post here, of which he is one.

  1100. #1100dirty4fun2015-07-27 20:20

    You are so right and I guess if Steve and the other continue to share with us in a way they are putting down the information for us and others to be able to read and learn from. So many have shared pictures and information on this site, to make it what it is. I hate to miss a morning or evening without stopping here. Thanks once again to everyone for their contributions!

  1101. #1101diamondtguy2015-07-29 19:33

    Frames Looking for some pictures of stripped or near stripped P-16 frames..Would like some pics of HDX frames as well.Ten years working there and I didn't take a picture of a empty frame...Go figure

  1102. #1102Hank R2015-07-29 20:05

    You were more interested in 2 legged DEER:notworthy

  1103. #1103HDX2015-07-29 23:42

    Will see what I can find cory

  1104. #1104Hayesno12015-09-09 14:41

    Pacific P16 frame Pacific P16 frame. Summer 2005, Port Alice.

  1105. #1105Hayesno12015-09-09 14:43

    More pics of Pacific P16 frame. Summer 2005, Port Alice. More to come - Pacific and Hayes frames...

  1106. #11060752015-09-09 23:21

    Sorry HAYESNO1 that's Koprino's Shop in Coal Harbour . Not Port Alice

  1107. #1107Blk prince2015-09-10 02:10

    075,have not been up there since. 1967. Are shops still standing and working in Nimpkish,Vernon or Woss Camp. Too late now for you. Thanks. Have a good day.

  1108. #1108Hayesno12015-09-10 12:27

    075; you are right - thanks.

  1109. #1109diamondtguy2015-09-11 21:33

    I spent last week a Ramsay Steel on the Island uprooting a boring mill we bought at their auction..Company had been around for over a 100 years..Sad to see it closed.....Anyways had it trucked back to Maple Ridge and this is what greeted me this morning at work...They tell me they will never sell the truck as It just doesn't break... The boring mill weighs around 70,000 lbs. The Pacific has a hyd lift 5th wheel....very handy for getting up our ramp [ [/ATTACH]140577[/ATTACH] 140576

  1110. #1110Blk prince2015-09-11 23:58

    First time I have seen any equipment with Timberwest on the door and not painted orange. Unusual.referring to Pist 1105.

  1111. #1111camptramp2015-09-12 11:04

    Good eye ! The only P 16 Pacific that I know of that was painted blue , that might have a Timberwest decal on the door , would have been Pacific Logging's lowbed truck from Mesachie Lake . After Timberwest took over "Pacific Logging's" holding their lowbed was never painted . The last I seen of the truck , it was parked at Mesachie Lake Yard , the hood and radiator missing ( the radiator showed up on the #40-90) and was then owned by Munn's Lumber . The blue P 16 Pacific must have gone to the Chemainus Auction and sold for parts .

  1112. #11120752015-09-12 11:35

    Woss and Nipkish shops are still here and working . Haven't been to Veron for years , Holbrook Dyson logs out of there and I would think they use the old shop.

  1113. #1113Blk prince2015-09-12 12:19

    Friend from Eve River,Ed Davis now lives in McNeil. Told me he does winter guard duty for HD in a camp. I bet that it is Vernon Camp he goes to. Never have asked. Thanks

  1114. #1114Greatwestcam2015-09-13 22:49

    P-9 Fresh from restoration this was at the Cashe Creek show, great job done on it, matches his HD.

  1115. #1115wiggle wagon2015-09-22 23:35

    http://www.kijiji.ca/v-heavy-equipm...ck/1104352574?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true I want this so bad...

  1116. #1116Hayesno12015-09-23 14:07

    Sorry pics are of Kenworth - tried to edit this and next 2 topics. I will post pics at KW thread

  1117. #1117Hayesno12015-09-23 14:13

    More close up of stripped Kenworth frame

  1118. #1118Hayesno12015-09-23 14:20

    More close up of stripped Kenworth frame - please enjoy diamondtguy

  1119. #1119Former Wrench2015-09-23 14:22

    Please tell me more about the Cashe Creek show. I pass through there a couple of times every year. I might be interested in going to this if I knew more. Thanks.

  1120. #1120Hayesno12015-09-23 14:53

    More close up of stripped P16 frame. Credit PacificEd for sharing Pictures.

  1121. #1121Hayesno12015-09-23 14:59

    More close up of stripped P16 frame

  1122. #1122Hayesno12015-09-23 15:12

    More close up of stripped P16 frame

  1123. #1123diamondtguy2015-09-23 23:43

    Interesting pictures...Thanks....Stared at them for quite a while taking a trip down memory lane and figuring out what components she had when new...Just a few things missing....Should be a easy restoration...

  1124. #1124HDX2015-09-24 12:18

    wiggle wagon You don't want it THAT BAD not at that price.

  1125. #1125Blk prince2015-09-24 12:53

    HDX,are you off today?

  1126. #1126Hayesno12015-09-24 14:04

    Pacific P16 with lowbed HFS #480

  1127. #1127HDX2015-09-24 21:50

    Blk prince Geez you guys don't miss a thing !!! One loader went down due to road failure so too many trucks. Rather than lay off the junior driver's all the time we all (off highway drivers) take turns with the day off thing and it works really good !!! Went in search of Toledo Orange paint. Bought a couple of pieces of steel to start fabricating stuff for 246. Oil filters came in so we are moving right along. Went through all my parts to rebuild the front air cleaner on her Ordered all new rubbers for the windshields, Maybe even install the chrome lock strips in them. Dug out some old side panels for mock up. All in all she is coming along pretty darn good. Should be a nice example of a BCFP HDX when done.

  1128. #1128Blk prince2015-09-26 10:00

    HDX,I know you,"should be" is not in your vocabulary. She will be great. Have you moved her to Cameron?

  1129. #1129HDX2015-09-26 10:36

    Mornin Blk prince Yes she is-- Went back out last night after dinner and changed oil in her. Sure is a goofy setup for the oil filter mount. now I see why all the old dried up oil on the R/H frame rail. She has never had an oil change since she left her old home at BCFP. Will work on the 4 brakes today and get them lubed up and all releasing properly again Funny how when these old girls go into hibernation things stop working. She was in that state for several years on and off. Will PM you as to small get together on long weekend at CamDiv Yard. Some guys/wives have expressed an interest in driving her around out there.

  1130. #1130Hayesno12015-11-25 15:38

    Some Pacific P16 at Vancouver Island, Summer 2014.

  1131. #1131diamondtguy2016-01-03 12:46

    Blk Prince....do you remember when CZ took delivery of 40-87.Fall of 1977 ???

  1132. #1132Blk prince2016-01-03 16:06

    Hello Corey,Happy New Year to you and all. I will get my book out and look up date of arrival. Ian.

  1133. #1133Blk prince2016-01-04 15:13

    diamondtguy,found the info you asked about. 40-87 arrived in Nanaimo at CP Barge on Sat. Apr. 15, arrived in Nitinat on Mon. Apr 17 and went to work on Tues. Apr. 18 of 1978. Had fits the flat on Wed 19 pulling lowbed and down for 4 hours as tireman did not have sockets to fit new style wheel nuts. Quick question for you. Are you having any trouble with HEF? I have had to log in every day so far this year before I can send replies.

  1134. #1134diamondtguy2016-01-04 23:06

    Hi..your truck was built a few months later than I thought..I would have been there for the whole build as I started at the end of July in 77..I do remember it starting for the first time with no exhaust..I was about 10 feet away.. I always sign in each time I visit here so I haven't really noticed anything..

  1135. #1135diamondtguy2016-01-05 23:13

    Had the paper work pulled today on 40-87...Not sure if you have it BP but the serial # is/was T78148-1094..Job # we used to build it was 6023..Pacific shows a Delivery date of April 14 1978. 6023 would what we wrote on our time cards and the number used to reference all things to do with the truck.

  1136. #1136Blk prince2016-01-06 02:32

    diamondtguy,very interesting stuff Corey. I will put that in my book. Curious as to how you found it. Thanks. Bp

  1137. #1137diamondtguy2016-01-06 15:30

    BP...I got a hold of Larry at Pacific Truck and gave him the delivery date of your truck along the major details on it and he looked it up.All the Pacific stuff is still with us.I have copys of the bill of materials list for your truck sitting on my desk here... The records show that the hood on 40-87 was 86" long....

  1138. #1138diamondtguy2016-01-06 15:46

    OK....More digging up of Pacific stuff.. The last P-16 built by Pacific was for Mac-Blo and it was for the Franklin Riv div.Build date of Oct 1989.Serial # (last 4 numbers) was 2246.Truck was a conventional truck..Her # was H-155 The last pre-loader built was also M&B and also went to Franklin.This truck was serial #2196.Build date of Jan 1989..Her # was H-140. I can get more details on the trucks if needed. As we did all the decal work on the M&B trucks at Pacific it seems we actually recorded them by unit number. Some pictures,history or storys of the trucks are needed now...Are the trucks still in service ????

  1139. #1139Hank R2016-01-06 16:15

    Sure glad you found out about the last P-16 Cory.

  1140. #1140HDX2016-01-06 16:50

    H155 is with or was with us down in Sarita M&B unit H155-- IPL UNIT # H153 and M&B unit H153 is IPL H157 Conventional trucks As for H140 after she was delivered to Franklin --M&B accounting discovered that there was already a H140 in system down at Shawnigan division. Driver of H140 Gary Cathers got to pick a new number So he chose H14 Ring any bells here??? When truck came new from Pacific she came with BD 91,000 lb Clark rear ends. She was featured at the Truck Loggers Convention in downtown Vancouver (Pan Pacific Hotel) as the feature truck for that year (1989) I think Gary might still have the plastic plate that was stuck on the side giving all the details of her components. She came to Franklin and not long after Mike Murphy the Master Mechanic/Maintenance Superintendent from Pt McNeill got hold of our shop foreman George Pichor and they traded the 91,000 rear ends out if her. Mike had an almost new set of 121 rear ends that he wanted to take out of one of their newer P16's UNIT # H84. So both trucks were put on blocks at two different shops and the rear ends were unbolted and exchanged It was really something to see! Mike had that one down to a science The tires and wheels were left on both units so it was just a matter of rolling them under both trucks and bolting them back in. Guys like Mike are gone from the industry now but man when they were there everything just blended. Can you just imagine trying to do something like that today?? The paper work alone would not allow it to happen Then there would be the liabilities and then warranty thing It just would never end. But because of who they were it was DONE!!! END OF STORY. As a footnote to that Franklin got three conventionals First was H138 driver Cal Smith then H153 driver Pete Burley and H155 driver Jed Ruel/ short time then he retired and Al Cooper got her.Then the two PreLoads H139 driver Don Fortais and of course H140/H14 Gary Cathers We also took delivery of a Challenger Truck at about the same time Don Watt got it After the WEYCO Garage Sale Dec 2002-- H138 disappeared along with the Challenger. Mars contracting bought the challenger. H153 and H155 and H139 was sold to Hayes Forest along with H14. It was decided that H139 would get a set of 121 rear diffs also so she would be the spare lowbed truck when she got rebuilt down at the HFS Duncan shop. H153 and H155 would keep their 91,000diffs.All these trucks came with the KTA600 Cummins in them -- Hayes changed them all to C15 Cat engines. Those same Cats are still in them. When Hayes Forest exited the logging business in Dec /2007 they kept H14 as a lowbed truck for a short time till IPL was able to buy her. The rest you guys already know As for H139 she ended up being bought by a company in Campbell River I thought it was the Olsen Group but heard from "Benaround" one of our members on here that H139 was still hooked to a lowbed up at Holberg and just sitting Can anybody step in here?? So the story kind of ends with H153-(exH155)and H 157--(exH153) with uncertain futures. Only survivor of all this mess is H14 still back where she went new in 89.Is this kind of what you wanted diamondtguy???

  1141. #1141diamondtguy2016-01-06 17:16

    Thank you HDX....that is exactly what I wanted to know.To many thoughts going on in my head right now to say much more....Thanks

  1142. #1142Hank R2016-01-06 18:07

    Man a ton of great history there HDX, thanks

  1143. #1143diamondtguy2016-01-06 18:30

    I will have to read it a few more times just to absorb it all... Good thing I don't live on the Island....I would be tempted to buy IPL 153

  1144. #1144HDX2016-01-06 19:06

    IPL unit H157 (ex M&B H153) is down at Chemainus shop waiting to get the trans fixed and then she would be back on the line. Cory I will try and post pictures of all the IPL trucks before they get dispersed. I just don't know either, Keep hoping it was all just a bad dream Be a shame to see them scattered all over the coast after all they been through. These have been very loyal trucks. The drivers have done a good job of making things work and the trucks on the line every day. Will dig out some earlier pics of the "Fleet"

  1145. #1145diamondtguy2016-01-06 20:03

    I have seen IPL's trucks and they would appear to be well cared for.Knowing the last HDX and the last P-16 share a parking lot together and work together is kind of interesting..At the end of the day they are directly/indirectly related and do share some DNA.... I look forward to seeing some pictures..

  1146. #1146HDX2016-01-07 00:15

    diamondtguy When HFS took us over in Jan/03 they started taking our trucks down to their Duncan shop right away and repowering them and rebuilding them. The H138 had been somewhat of a problem with the ride when new and Pacific came over several times to try and get it straightened out They cut open and filled the front bumper with weight to try and get extra weight on the steering axle to see if that would help. Finally they (Pacific) had the front brush guard chromed over in Vancouver and that made her ride better. When HFS was going to haul her down to Duncan for the rebuild that brush guard was removed at the Cameron Shop and turfed into the scrap bin I kid you not I could not believe it. HFS did not believe in that sort of stuff on THEIR TRUCKS.!!!! I couldn't help it I went over with the bullmoose and lifted it back out and got a Material Pass from shop foreman and took it home. I kept it for a couple years and then took it up to Tom Turner at CR All-Trucks and gave it to him. When IPL took us over we knew that Lyle liked his trucks to look spiffy so I phoned Tom and asked if he still had it? Yup he said so Lyle arranged to buy it off him and it was hauled back down to alberni by Dave Mills who was up there getting some parts for himself. I went out with Al Cooper one day and we spent the day installing it on H14. That is how and why the brushguard is chrome on her. Another mystery solved.

  1147. #1147diamondtguy2016-01-07 00:38

    Wow...never considered chrome for ballist....I have seen pics of the chrome grille guard..

  1148. #1148diamondtguy2016-01-07 00:58

    New I had seen it before..Picture taken at Cameron div yard about a year and a half ago.. Photo taken by HDX...I was only about 16 months out of my accident but I didn't hesitate climbing all over the truck.

  1149. #1149BTC2016-01-07 22:02

    Diamondtguy Couple of M&B enquiries for you. H-87, I'm sure it weny to Eve River sometime around 89. The truck has been rebuilt at least one time I'm aware of but still going strong at WFP McNiel as of the last time I was up that way. Im sure H-58 and H-61 came to Kelsey Bay in 88 But I was wondering about the delivery dates for H-38, H-39 and H-275. More for curiosity then anything. I haven't seen H-39 since she left Kelsey. Was a very nice one driver truck. Ted France took very good care of it. Thank you for any info

  1150. #1150diamondtguy2016-01-07 23:10

    BTC....I will see if I can find out..HDX may know when they arrived at camp as well..

  1151. #1151BTC2016-01-08 10:39

    Calling The Shop has been pretty quiet lately. This is in his wheel house for sure. You remember Mr. T?

  1152. #1152HDX2016-01-08 11:38

    Sorry BTC. Cory or Larry would be the "Go To Guys" for this one.

  1153. #1153diamondtguy2016-01-08 20:55

    BTC...here you go..Pacific sent me a huge PDF with all the parts lists for all three trucks..Many thanks to Larry@Pacific So..H-275.Delivered June of 79.12V71N with twin spicer transmissions..Nice big Clarke BD 121,000 rear axels. H-38 and H-39 were sister trucks.KTA Cummins for power,Allison 6061 trans and BD 121,000 lb rears.Delivered June 5 1984 All three trucks were Kelsey Bay trucks. My finger prints would have been all over H-38 and 39.H-275 would have been completed just before I started.. I can post the PDF files if anyone is interested..I believe I have the parts PDF here for Blk Princes 40-87 truck as well..

  1154. #1154Blk prince2016-01-08 21:57

    diamondtguy,you can put parts list on for 40-87 anytime if you feel you have free time. Thanks BP.

  1155. #1155BTC2016-01-08 22:15

    A guy sure can't complain about the efficiency of this site. Lol H-275 is rotting away in the head of Toba Inlet. Lowbed truck along with the H-48 at Kelsey for many years. Thank you very much for the information. Brings back a ton of memories. Calling The Shop or HDX H-53 and H-48 kenworths were delivered August of 1984. Who decided on make and model of truck that would work at a division?

  1156. #1156diamondtguy2016-01-08 23:39

    Blk Prince....I tried to load it but it says its a invalid file....I will figure something out...

  1157. #1157diamondtguy2016-01-09 00:31

    OK...here is some in house paperwork on 40-87..Most of the numbers are reference numbers to drawings or illustrations..

  1158. #1158diamondtguy2016-01-09 00:38

    Second batch..

  1159. #1159Blk prince2016-01-09 10:18

    diamondtguy,thanks Corey. The one major add on was A/C. After hauling uphill to Nanaimo Lakes gate from our side I suffered a nose bleed. First one ever. A/C made big difference,was not an easy install but had to be done.

  1160. #1160diamondtguy2016-01-10 12:35

    Did the next truck ordered for Nitnat come with AC ??

  1161. #1161Blk prince2016-01-10 14:40

    Yes,Corey it did. That was the 40-92,came one year after the 87. First one to have the Detroit Silver 92 and a Cotta. Trucks after that were 12-71 and then the two Supervtrucks,40-98 and 40-99 came to Nitinat with A/C. They replaced the first two which sank. BP.

  1162. #1162Vigilant2016-01-10 17:02

    BLK Prince: What did you think of the 8V92 vs. the 12V71? Seems like the 12V71 would have more guts. What about reliability also?

  1163. #1163Blk prince2016-01-10 17:32

    Vigilant,perhaps something got lost by mistake. The Silver 92 that we got were the 12v92. I did not drive one as I stayed with the V-16 but I think the12-92 was a stronger engine. The hood was shorter. I think the wheel base was shorter also but diamondtguy may know more about that. BP.

  1164. #1164Blk prince2016-01-10 18:55

    Diamondtguy,check the first picture on the Pacific thread. First time I noticed that the air cleaners are on driver's side. New from factory or a later rebuild-changeover?

  1165. #1165Vigilant2016-01-10 20:33

    My mistake. Sorry. I would LOVE to drive a 12V92.

  1166. #1166diamondtguy2016-01-10 20:59

    I don't ever recall putting the air cleaners there on a P-16.That spot was used for the power steering tank..As the truck has been repowered I suspect they got moved at that time It is possible that the 12V92 powered trucks had a different wheel base than 40-87..We did have a optional wheel base. If I remember correctly 40-87 was a N/A 16V and the 12V92's were turbo'd.They are very close to the same CID but I would imagine the 12V92 under load and earning its keep would outpower the 16V...It just wouldn't sound as good doing it tho...

  1167. #1167callingtheshop2016-01-12 20:30

    Most iron was decided by several people but the manager had the last word and often the first and only word Think "Free Drink Machine" and you'll understand better. The attached photos are for Diamond T Guy, saw this a couple weeks ago behind the bar in Dupuyer Montana and got a couple photos before it disappears.

  1168. #1168diamondtguy2016-01-12 22:18

    Very nice...looks like a working girl.....Thanks

  1169. #1169cypresscreeklog2016-02-21 11:25
  1170. #1170Blk prince2016-02-21 19:37

    Very nice looking P-16. Did the inside get redone as well? Hope you have a Driver worthy of this beauty. Also,I see a nice new Pacific decal mounted on the rad tank. Not there when she was in the auction. Do you have a stash perhaps?

  1171. #1171cypresscreeklog2016-02-22 00:38

    Yes I'm very happy with the driver, and i think the driver is very happy with the truck.

  1172. #1172cypresscreeklog2016-02-22 00:40

    The emblem is a sticker that was ordered from inland Kenworth in Campbell River not sure where they got it.

  1173. #1173diamondtguy2016-02-22 01:01

    Little memory test for me..The black and red Pacific Oval started life as a cast emblem.It was designed after International sold us and we no longer had to use the International cab on our hwy trucks (much to our delight).The Pacific cab got the new wrap around dash for the hwy trucks.This dash also was used on the P-16's although I don't know if that was a good idea. I preferred the metal dash for the off road stuff.Actually we re-designed both the glass and steel front ends trucks.Gone were the ropes IH had on us...It was a great time.. The oval emblem was used on our hwy stuff.I would have to check through my pictures but I am sure a few P-16-s got them on the rad.. The Emblem/sticker is probably still available from Pacific.The rectangular Pacific name plate sadly is not as the molds are gone.I do have some new old school Pacific script emblems in my stash...

  1174. #1174dirty4fun2016-02-22 05:08

    So good to see one of these ladies being fixed up, and ready for another round!

  1175. #1175Blk prince2016-02-22 09:56

    diamondtguy,I see on the Madill thread that camptramp posted a few pics of the 40-96 and she had the oval decal,in someone's collection now. On the CZ thread,I was looking at 40-87 but there was not one on her. She came with a slanted sight glass. Now I feel slighted.Here I thought I was special,lol

  1176. #1176camptramp2016-02-22 10:26

    We had 5 Highway Pacifics (P510S) at BCFP Renfrew Div. at one time . I found an oval "Pacific" emblem at truck wash one day( off another truck they were glued on ) , it found its way on to the radiator of #40-96 when Calvin & Mike refurbished it in 1992 . Looks like the radiator or top rad tank was changed or somebody ripped it off at Munns Lumber . The top tank looks like someone has ground off the medal ring holding the oval emblem on top tank , then did a tacky job of repainting it in picture taken at Ritchie Bros. Auction .

  1177. #1177mowingman2016-02-28 21:08

    This past week's episode of "Gold Rush", featured an old Pacific logging truck. It was still in yellow and green paint scheme. They were using it to pull a lowboy, hauling a wash plant. They said the wash plant weighed 150,000 lbs. Who knows what it really weighs, after all, it is Gold Rush.

  1178. #1178Dom2016-02-29 14:42

    Impressive trucks!

  1179. #1179Hank R2016-03-04 22:32

    H-157 Second last P-16 built The second last P-16 truck built was sold to MacMillian Bloedel, this truck was also built in Oct 1989 Driver Pete Burley got her brand new at Sarita. Pete stayed on her till he went onto a KW highway truck in 2001. She was, one of a five truck order. Two Preloads H139 H140 later changed to (H14) and three conventionals H138 H153 H155 All were spec’d out the same 91,000 Clark rears 13:1 ratio 60-61 Allison trans KTA 600 Cummins engines. Truck was bought by Hayes Forest in 2003 along with a number of other M&B trucks at the big WEYCO Garage sale. It remained red and white but had the HFS decals on the doors for about 2-3 years. If I remember right it was about 2005 that she went to their shop in Duncan and was rebuilt to their spec’s. That is when the Cummins was removed and the C15 Cat engine installed.. This is when the paint scheme went from red and white to the white and yellow that it has today. She had a number of different drivers on her over the years. IPL bought her in Jan/2008 along with a number of other trucks from Hayes Forest after they lost the contract with Western Forest products at Franklin. Because of the good shape it was in it was decided by IPL to just leave it alone and run it and just do the maintainence required as things were needed. Driver Donny Bodnar went on her when IPL bought it it and he stayed on her till he retired then Jim Johnson went on her till she was taken to Chemianus late in 2015 to have the trans replaced. She was to get a new paint job and a mini rebuild at the same time. I don’t know if the trans was changed before she was sold or not. As for paint jobs IPL never changed the color of any trucks and that is why we had orange ones and yellow ones. When IPL bought H153 (ex M&B H155) it was still red and white. IPL had her rebuilt and repainted in the same colors as the rest of the HFS Fleet. Thanks to Larry at Coast Power Train and to HDX for their help

  1180. #1180Hank R2016-03-05 08:54

    H-153, Last P-16 built. H-155, was the number given to the last P-16 truck that was built and it came out of the Pacific factory in October 1989. This truck was built MacMillian Bloedel Ltd, for Franklin River Division. This truck was lucky to have M&B and Island Pacific Logging as owners as these two Company's and their employees took great care of all their trucks and equipment. This truck after 26 years of hard work is still a good working truck. H-155 was spec’d out with 91,000 Clark rears 13:1 ratio 60-61 Allison trans KTA 600 Cummins engines. Truck was bought by Hayes Forest in 2003 along with a number of other M&B trucks at the big WEYCO Garage sale. It remained red and white but had the HFS decals on the doors for about 2-3 years. IPL bought her in Jan/2008 along with a number of other trucks from Hayes Forest after they lost the contract with Western Forest products at Franklin. She was still red and white when IPL bought her in 2008. They had her rebuilt and that is when the KTA was removed and the C15 Cat was installed. She was painted yellow and white in the same paint scheme as the rest of the IPL trucks. The truck # was change from H-155 to H-153 at this time Because of the good shape it was in it was decided by IPL to just leave it alone and run it and just do the maintenance required as things were needed. The drivers history of H-155 is Driver Jed Ruel got it new and drove it till he retired Then it went through a number of drivers and owners -- M&B, Weyerhaeuser, HAYES FOREST, Then Island Pacific Logging The driver that got her when she came back all rebuilt was Don McInroy . He drove her for a short time then changed jobs and Al Prpich went on her He stayed on her for the duration of her hauling time at IPL. Al Prpich is a very good driver and he really loved that truck. Was a sad day for him when he had to give her up Dec 2015. Thanks to Steve Dybrough for all the history on this truck and drivers. Pictures from Al Skene, Cory Ellwyn, and Larry Forrestor

  1181. #1181RCP572016-03-05 09:27

    In a perfect world it would be cool if someone would step up and buy this truck to park it 17 style. This truck may not have the following like the world famous Hayes but it still marked the end for one of the major players in the local logging truck market. Does anyone have a P16 of any year stashed away that's fixed up or is planned to be? There are a few HDX's around thankfully but I have not heard of anyone with a P16 or 849-850 KW? It's an expensive lawn ornament but lots of older guys have 100K hot rods they never drive.lol

  1182. #1182Hank R2016-03-05 12:23

    You are 100% right here in Princeton there are 3 Trailer Queens at 100K each. A Pacific makes more cents to me.

  1183. #1183HDX2016-03-06 18:50

    In the above pictures of H155 exIPL unit h153 You can still see the two air cleaner tops are chrome. These escaped the sticky fingers that got the ones off the IPL unit H157. However the Pacific sign on the brushguard was taken instead. They were brushed stainless steel when new.(NIPPS has them for sale) So somewhere out there somebody has the sign and two chrome air cleaner tops (off H157). There was two snow covers on the horns but they were removed because of a rust issue. The air cleaner tops will only fit the big air cleaners. H155 has an air operated r/h door window that needs to be fixed. Just a wiring problem. You could get it to work by shorting out the wires. RCP57 You are very right about that. A good start would have been the 850 KW that I took pictures of in Campbell River. All the right parts were right there and scrap is worth nothing now. There was a fellow down south island that bought a HDX at an auction and fixed it up somewhat Then tried to sell it when the market was in the toilet. Sad thing was he threw away a lot of money. when he sold it at another auction things went horribly wrong for him. If and when you get into these trucks forget about getting your money back out of them. A number of guys are trying to sell their old restored trucks and nobody is interested in them. There is a 1965 HD Hayes Logging Truck for sale right now, It is a documented/licensed truck WITH 36 ton Hayes trailer All matching tires truck and trailer 8V71 5&4 46-40 rear diffs -- twin all stainless steel polished exhaust system Unreal paint job. The only problem with it is it is 9.3 wide. It was at the ATHS show in Spokane Washington in the 90's. This show truck is a real classy piece of Hayes history. It is painted Euclid Green because that was the color M&B Northwest Bay trucks were in that time frame. I will post a couple pictures of it when I get time if anybody is interested.

  1184. #1184RCP572016-03-06 19:35

    Getting your money back out of them? When was the last time you heard a story about me selling anything?lol Ok, well I guess I sold my motorcycle when I bought a new one in December but other than that I'm a self confessed hoarder and you know it!lol Not everything has to be looked at as a financial investment as you well know. Somethings are just cool to have whether anyone else thinks so or not.lol If I could just win the lotto there would also be another R18 in the backyard so that the first one wasn't lonely. Oh well, can't win if you don't play....

  1185. #1185HD Mech2016-03-06 21:19

    Like you I'm one lotto win away from having a fleet of trucks.

  1186. #1186RCP572016-03-06 21:42

    I already have a "small" fleet but you need to be the size of a small rodent to get into the cabs.lol Hopefully one day I will have built and sold enough of the miniatures to afford the real deal. At least my wife is on board so that's cool. Her stipulation is that it has to be a Hayes though so I guess to get a KW or Pacific I'll have to sell twice as many of the small ones.Haha! I think Cory should just sell a Mustang and buy the last P16. Then we can all know that at least one is safe.

  1187. #1187diamondtguy2016-03-06 22:36

    Funny you should mention that...I have been thinking about the truck...If I lived on the Island I would look at buying it..Just don't know what I would do with it here on the mainland.. Any one have a guestimation on what the truck is worth..???

  1188. #1188RCP572016-03-06 23:23

    Well Cory, I think with your background with them it would be pretty cool for you to have it. You said you were building a new shop right? Someone needs to snag it up and give it a loving home that's for sure.

  1189. #1189dirty4fun2016-03-07 05:35

    I sure like how you think RPC57, oh guess that is the same idea I had, also. I was so hoping to win that big lottery, as I would been buying some trucks. I do hope someone is able to save the P16, and restore for all to see. Just a few models to be built till you own a Hayes, truck to start with. You do have some very neat models thou, just take a few more trips to get the job done, RCP57!

  1190. #1190RCP572016-03-07 13:27

    It's fun to daydream anyway.lol I'm pretty sure the model building business doesn't make enough to ever buy one of these but you never know. Maybe one day I will be a famous builder making all sorts of money. Haha, yeah right!:dizzy

  1191. #1191Blk prince2016-03-07 13:50

    Reg,as we have seen through time. Everything changes. I will bet a few coins that your units will have high value as real units disappear. Work is exceptional. Bp

  1192. #1192RCP572016-03-07 14:48

    Well in that case, COME ON VULTURES!lol Kidding of course! It's a thing that comes up in the model community all of the time, cost of remote control scale models vs the real thing. Often the RC models are equal to or more expensive than a worn out real machine. Some argue that a real machine can still be put to work in a less demanding setting(farm, acreage, ect and maybe even earn some $$$) and others argue that they can play with a model anywhere (backyard, local park, ect) and transport it in their car. They can't do that with the real one! Who is right? I don't know. I want both! Is that too much to ask?lol The Port Alberni guys hooked me up with a hood off of an 850 KW a while back. I'm practically halfway there! Haha! PS Thanks for the compliment Ian.

  1193. #1193HDX2016-03-07 20:21

    The rest is/was behind the Menzies Bay shop Reg. I know where we can get a GM V12 and we have the trannies so what else do we need Start the planning now!!! First we should see if the hulk is still there LOL. We have a set of chain drive rears we could stuff under her for propulsion till we get the real things. Man the possibilities are endless Imagine a Chain drive 850 What a cool thing that would be. You would be the envy of SOOKE. I even have a couple inner door panels I could throw in LOL

  1194. #1194Blk prince2016-03-07 21:56

    Could run up and down Butler Main from sort to the beach and at $5 a ride. Man a fortune awaits

  1195. #1195diamondtguy2016-03-07 22:36

    I am liking the chain drive idea.V12 a couple of spicer transmissions and chain drives....WooHoo......lets get started..

  1196. #1196dirty4fun2016-03-08 05:48

    You guys are crazy, let me know when you start so I can be part of it, too!

  1197. #1197RCP572016-03-08 09:59

    Well I think the first thing I need to collect is the winning ticket for this weeks Lotto Max or 649. After that the rest will come easy.lol Winning the 649 to build an 850, sounds like a decent combo doesn't it? I'm not sure that people would be lining up to go for a ride(besides you guys) or if I would be the envy of Sooke though.lol I think most people that live in Sooke now wouldn't even know what any of these big trucks are let alone care.... yuppies...

  1198. #1198Hank R2016-03-08 11:35

    I am sure that is the same all over BC , Hayes, Pacific and 850 Kenworths , are not known to very many people yet they had a big influence to our province.

  1199. #1199HDX2016-03-08 11:48

    Just heard Huntley Smith from Lytton has his two posted on another forum for sale now HD Hayes 55,000 US and the Pacific 50,000 US. Very nice trucks BUT !!!! See what you can find out Hank Maybe post a couple pics of them for the guys. I am still looking for good pics of Rons HD

  1200. #120064Pacific2016-03-08 12:27

    That's a surprise to hear that he is selling the P9 as well as the HD. Some photos of the P9 can be found here when it made its first appearance in Cache Creek, it is quite the truck, very nicely done: http://www.cachecreektruckshow.org/gallery.php?Year=2015

  1201. #1201Greatwestcam2016-03-08 21:40

    P-9 Here is Huntly's Pacific P-9

  1202. #1202Greatwestcam2016-03-08 21:49

    And here is his HD

  1203. #1203HDX2016-03-08 22:19

    Thanks for posting those Cam

  1204. #1204diamondtguy2016-03-08 23:17

    Nice looking trucks...

  1205. #1205Hank R2016-03-09 08:55

    Looks like he did a great job on the Pacific seen his Hayes several times, but not his Pacific.

  1206. #1206Former Wrench2016-03-09 12:20

    I am hoping that my schedule is such that I will be passing through Cache Creek on the weekend of the show this year. We travel the highway from AK to the lower 48 1-2 times a year each summer. Another interesting stop is outside of Tacoma WA. Check out the Lemay Family Collection on line. Mostly cars, but there are a few old trucks too. The collection is in warehouses and on the grounds. Everything from an old chain driven GMC log truck to all sorts of other old rigs.

  1207. #120764Pacific2016-03-09 12:55

    Looking forward to seeing you down there; it sounds like there will be a good turn out again this year! Keep an eye on the website ( www.cachecreektruckshow.org ) for up to date information, not that I expect much to change at this stage...

  1208. #1208dieselfreak2016-03-13 16:27

    78 Pacific P10 We have this truck now. Was a little worse for wear when we got it. Spent a substantial amount of time getting it back into shape.

  1209. #1209dieselfreak2016-03-13 16:32
  1210. #1210dieselfreak2016-03-13 16:35
  1211. #1211diamondtguy2016-03-22 00:22

    I did lots of weird stuff at Pacific and tonight I remembered one...I recall putting a electric aux steering pump in a P-16 and the color red comes to mind.I mounted it on the inside of the left cab mount.The actuall steering box is on the outboard side of same mount.. I also remembering being told by engineering that nothing had been drawn yet and to feel free to come up with a mount and they would have a look at what I came up with.(it was approved) Now I only ever remember putting aux electric steering on one truck..Does anyone remember a P-16 with aux electric steering..The truck must have gone to some place with scary down hills ....OK worse than normal scary downhills...

  1212. #1212Blk prince2016-03-22 10:06

    diamondtguy,how long would it take for a driver to know this pump is even there? Hard to see? What would activate the auxiliary?

  1213. #1213diamondtguy2016-03-22 14:36

    Unless the driver new the truck had it he probably wouldn't even know.Memory tells me it just had a switch on the dash..The pump was more or less out of sight and out of harms way..You wouldn't see anything doing a walk around...

  1214. #1214HDX2016-03-25 13:19

    Ring any bells?

  1215. #1215diamondtguy2016-03-25 13:47

    Interesting...What truck is that ?.Thats a nice little reservoir and filter system.The one I did had the pump on the inside of the mount where the steering box is mounted.. Battery box on the left side ?? I see all sorts of interesting things...

  1216. #1216Sigurd2016-03-25 16:09

    On older dumper trucks i've mounted such emergency steering i used the engine oil pressure ( or rather lack of it) as a signal to start the aux steering pump. Did they use similar systems on these trucks or was it manual activated?

  1217. #1217HDX2016-03-25 16:55

    Crown Z NitNat V16 super truck with Cotta trans.

  1218. #1218diamondtguy2016-03-25 17:15

    Was it air start ??..Thus the batterys on the left side..

  1219. #1219Blk prince2016-03-25 20:45

    HDX,this would not be the V-16. We only had one. 40-87. She had twin steering rams and that is how it was when she fell off the barge. This one would have been one of the Silver V12-92. Also Corey,she did have air start

  1220. #1220Blk prince2016-03-25 20:48

    HDX,did H 92,93,94 have air start?

  1221. #1221diamondtguy2016-03-25 21:47

    I will venture to say that HDX accidently hit the 6 instead of the 2 and that this truck is one of the remaining 12V92 trucks currently sitting in a shop near by.Might even be in Parksville..Pictures would be very recent... A friendly old timer is doing the work.. Yes/no/maybe

  1222. #1222HDX2016-03-25 22:06

    No H92 93 94 all had electric start That one did have the air starter tank still on it R/H side, however it was being used as a air tank, plumbed into the air system. Yes Cory, yesterday and yes at their new residence. It is being rebuilt .All the stuff on the front bumper has been deleted now so it is back to original style front bumper. Cotta brackets are still on there though

  1223. #1223fixer upper2016-03-25 22:26

    Not sure if it's a P16 or not, seen it rotting away in Mooya Bay near Gold River a few weeks ago. Were also a pair of Kenworth 850 s that looked brand-new working there.

  1224. #1224diamondtguy2016-03-25 23:19

    My friend who took the pictures in Parksville told me about having a chat with a interesting fellow there and he mentioned the 12V92 powered truck being in a building getting worked on. Has the Parksville fleet grown or still the same number of trucks ??

  1225. #1225diamondtguy2016-03-25 23:21

    Yes that's a P-16.Maybe someone here knows something about it.The Kenworth looks fricken wonderful..Interesting steps.

  1226. #1226BrentFr2016-04-21 13:57

    The fleet is still the same size for now, they are owned by Ron Coulson (Dane Enterprises) he started up a company called Hayes Heavy Hauling for the purpose of rebuilding and selling as heavy haulers. That friendly old guy is my Dad, Hugh Frechette (Hughie to some of you).

  1227. #1227Hank R2016-04-21 15:25

    Your Dad is a very interesting man, I am so glad I was able to meet him a month ago.

  1228. #1228dieselfreak2016-04-24 00:23

    850's in mooyah bay belong to dystant, unit 10 and 32. Thanks for the appreciation. Since have moved to other locations.

  1229. #1229camptramp2016-04-24 23:26

    Boulder Bill , Older Pacific hauling at Gold River .

  1230. #1230Hank R2016-04-30 19:58

    My friend Rob send me these pictures of a P-16 in Gran Cache Alberta at a Coal mine, mine is closed down for now and they finally moved the truck so he could get a picture of it for me. Looks like it could be a ex Premay truck. Looks to me like big rubber on the drives????

  1231. #1231diamondtguy2016-04-30 20:40

    Nice looking truck....but I am going to say its a P-12 ... Would be interesting to get some history of it....

  1232. #1232Hank R2016-04-30 22:07

    You are most likely correct, it does look like it may have a straight frame.

  1233. #1233diamondtguy2016-04-30 22:24

    Hank....doesn't look like it has a off set cab....

  1234. #1234BrentFr2016-04-30 23:03

    The front mudflaps and paint scheme are correct for Premay. I may have a contact that may be able to get some more info on that unit, I'll get back to you in a couple of days. Brent

  1235. #1235HDX2016-05-01 11:20

    Sure has a funny "wear pattern" on the rear drive tires, 16:00 maybe 18:00's ???

  1236. #1236diamondtguy2016-05-01 12:38

    Agreed...I think the rear tires have a story to tell of there own.I also see a air start tank..

  1237. #1237camptramp2016-05-08 23:50

    Boulder Bill

  1238. #1238camptramp2016-05-10 23:18

    Boulder Bill

  1239. #12390752016-05-10 23:40

    Good news!!!!! IPL'S 153 is going logging again in Jeune Landing. One of our contract truckers has bought it to replace his that went over the bank two weeks ago. He is a real look after it type of guy so I know it is in good hands .Can't wait to load it

  1240. #1240camptramp2016-05-11 01:05
  1241. #1241HDX2016-05-11 02:03

    075 R/H door has a electric window control in it, Has not been used for a long time, Will require some attention to get window all the way up. NIPP's might still have the "Pacific" name plate for the brush guard. Glad to hear she will go to a good home

  1242. #1242diamondtguy2016-05-11 02:20

    Glad to hear she is going back to work...I am sure the Pacific stainless plate for the grille guard wont be a problem..I can always water jet new ones...Pacific may still have them as well..

  1243. #1243Hank R2016-05-11 08:54

    Best news I have heard in a long time. Sure hope you get a picture of the trucks at its new home.

  1244. #1244Blk prince2016-05-11 18:42

    O75, not a big deal but would be nice to see a picture of the "first" load. Bp

  1245. #1245RCP572016-05-11 19:11

    Anyone know what model the trucks are in pics 3-4? Last trucks prior to the P-16? Big trucks considering how "small" the frames look.

  1246. #1246Blk prince2016-05-11 19:33

    RCP57,my guess is P-12. Need to hear from diamondtguy.

  1247. #1247diamondtguy2016-05-11 21:30

    I am no expert but this is what I see in Pic 3...Truck looks like 9 or 10 inch rails with a bolt on sub frame.Big rad and lots of ground clearance.No saddle tanks but has a tank behind the headache rack...Battery box, and exhaust appear to be on the left side.Looks to me like a right hand drive export truck going somewhere hot.Probably a P-10.Picture taken out side the North Vancouver shop (where I worked).Air horns also appear to be on right side. Bottom pic looks like a good old P-9.Looks like a early to mid 60's pic judging by car behind it and the 58 chev to the left..The last P-9 was built a few years before I started.

  1248. #1248camptramp2016-05-12 00:25

    Boulder Bill Pictures #2 & 3 are a familiar sight , I didn't know Bill Neil had a Pacific at one time , in fact he must have had 2 as those are two different trucks , but the Neil Contracting brings back fond memories .

  1249. #1249RCP572016-05-12 07:14

    Yeah I guess I should have looked closer at the door decal. "Swaziland" which is in southern Africa. They just looked funny to me with such a huge rad, jacked up cab and little frame rails. Makes sense now.lol

  1250. #1250camptramp2016-05-13 00:04

    Boulder Bill , 2nd & 3rd pictures are of Curly Marshall's Pacific logging trucks . My family lived next door to Curly Marshall at Lantzville in 1954 . At that time I believe Curly worked at the Chemainus Sawmill . My Father , Dutchy Harris and Jack Murush went to work for BCFP at Port Renfrew in 1954 , I think Jack's wife May was related to Curly , as Curly's son Brent and his daughter Donna use to go to Port Renfrew for a couple of weeks for a visit every summer . I remember Brent and I climbing up on the old Shay Locie that was parked by the train shop in Beach Camp before it was cut up for scrap , which would have been 1958-59 , and Brent telling me about the Pacific Logging Trucks his father had bought .

  1251. #1251camptramp2016-05-14 00:29
  1252. #12520752016-05-14 00:36

    Sorry Boys, He bought 152!!! I can't believe a truck driver lied to me lol

  1253. #1253diamondtguy2016-05-14 12:55

    This is HDX's comments on IPL's 152...accidently put in the wrong thread. 075 Driver on H152 was Brian Peters from Duncan. He got her after rebuild down at Hayes forest shop back in 2004-05. When he could he came over to the Franklin crew when IPL took over the bill 13 cut Hayes retained, Brian was really good driver and for the most part tried to look after 152, He was pretty well the last driver on her. He quit before the end came and for the most part she was left parked and not used. If memory serves me right she needs cab work. Would be easier to remove the cab and install a newer style one on her when time and dollars allow it. A good number of them around sitting on pallets. I will give you a call one evening OK

  1254. #1254diamondtguy2016-05-14 13:01

    IPL's H152......

  1255. #12550752016-05-14 20:37

    The Rea son he needs a new truck

  1256. #1256diamondtguy2016-05-14 23:05

    The driver is OK ???.....what was the truck..??

  1257. #12570752016-05-15 00:35

    He was fine just some bruises . 849 K/W

  1258. #1258HDX2016-05-15 03:04

    Thanks for doing that Cory

  1259. #1259camptramp2016-05-15 12:41
  1260. #1260camptramp2016-05-15 12:44
  1261. #1261camptramp2016-05-16 00:13

    Boulder Bill , Northwood Pulp

  1262. #1262camptramp2016-05-16 00:15

    Boulder Bill , I believe these pictures are Canadian Puget Sound (CPS) Jordan River .

  1263. #1263camptramp2016-05-16 23:01

    Boulder Bill , Elder Logging , Sooke , B.C.

  1264. #1264camptramp2016-05-16 23:18

    Boulder Bill , 3rd , 4th & 5th pictures are from Alaska Pine Co. , Port McNeill B.C. , when I worked there in the Summer of 1968 it was called the "Pioneer Timber Co."

  1265. #1265Blk prince2016-05-17 22:03

    O75,did you spend weekend on a salvage operation? Is trucks write Off?

  1266. #1266camptramp2016-05-20 00:13

    Boulder Bill , Alaska Pine Co. , Port McNeill

  1267. #12670752016-05-20 23:41

    They pulled it back up with a grapel yarder , and he wrote the truck off no really all that much damage. Just needed a cab and one front spindal. But he chose to get another truck .He didn't like the under slung springs and the fifth wheel.

  1268. #1268camptramp2016-05-22 00:42

    oulder Bill , I think the 1st picture was taken at CZ Nanaimo Lakes .

  1269. #1269camptramp2016-05-23 00:15

    Boulder Bill

  1270. #1270camptramp2016-05-24 00:21

    Boulder Bill

  1271. #1271log big2016-05-24 19:27

    Hi camptamp ? How do shift thoses transmission s in the off road trucks

  1272. #1272Blk prince2016-05-24 20:23

    Just a small piece of info. Post 1269. First and fourth pictures are at CZ Nanaimo Lakes. Boulder Creek Bridge. Just before truck water station. Also post 1271. Truck on right is preloader #35 and truck on left is conventional #34. This was at Nan.Lakes before new number system was designed. Driver on right was Jack Donaghy,now passed. Cannot tell who driver on left was. I recognize the cap but that was a signature of one of the loading engineers

  1273. #1273HDX2016-05-29 00:16

    Don't know if anybody out there is in the know, but one of the guys on the island here is fixing up a P510 Pacific and needs a top tank for his rad. We went over all the different types and the Pacific top tank is BIG! we looked at the top tank on a P16 but it was different same as an HDX rad top tank Close but no cigar. He only needs the top tank so any info would be a great help

  1274. #1274dirty4fun2016-05-29 06:34

    I keep seeing the Island Pacific trucks for sale in a couple trade magazines I receive. Guess they haven't figured out yet that the over the road logging trucks just aren't going to be able to replace the off highway trucks. That are to proud to admit that they should of never sold them in the first place. While I enjoy seeing the trucks I would enjoy seeing them back working where they should of never left. Enjoy the Memorial Day holiday and say a prayer for those who gave their all so we could be free!

  1275. #1275HDX2016-05-29 10:36

    Yes Jim, All gave some - Some gave all!! Thank You for your service. Interesting to hear about the trucks By any chance is there prices attached to any of them or is it just a contact for more info thing?

  1276. #1276dirty4fun2016-05-29 18:46

    Has eight trucks in the add with a little information, but no prices. This is the second month that they have been advertised I think. I will try to send you a picture to your email..

  1277. #1277Blk prince2016-05-30 00:13

    dirty4fun,our friend HDX was on television tonite. He was quite quiet standing in the background as an interview was done concerning the loggers who are idle because a dispute with employer and WFP

  1278. #1278dirty4fun2016-05-30 05:57

    Thanks Blk prince, HDX like so many has so much knowledge and history of the timber industry that it must of been tough for him to be there instead of out in the forest working. Seems to me that WFP is hurting the whole area, mostly because of greed, and being so large that they can do what they want when they want. It is so wrong that they have squeezed the small companies almost to death making them take what ever they want to pay them. Everyone deserves to make a profit, even the little guy, but WFP seems to want it all even thou they have a contract. To bad all the little companies can't afford to stop delivery to WFP and let them see what it is like to have nothing to work with. It just burns me up when a big company bullies the small independent companies.

  1279. #1279HDX2016-06-02 10:18

    Not quiet BP!! Believe me. Been hard not to get the story out. We have sat back and taken everything that WESTERN FOREST PRODUCTS has thrown at us. It is not us the crew running around spreading all the untruths and nonsense attributed to this sad situation. Maybe one day the people responsible will be held accountable but unfortunately the damage has been done. There is an extreme amount of logs that are laying on the ground. We were working in 9 different areas in December when western sent us home. At the time this clip was shown on TV You only saw a minute amount of what is really out there. The logs show on TV have been laying there for over two years and the bugs are into them bigtime. DBDLS can tell you what happens to those logs as per value. Funny thing is Western has never in the 7 1/2 years they have been in TFL44 used gates on their roads NOW SUDDENLY they are out there gating any road that has sidehills of logs on the ground. Wonder if that is to keep the media out or the logs in. We will leave it there for now. BUT opinions are like a## holes everybody has one. Time is on our side. sad thing is all the guys benefits are running out this month. I have no doubt that Western being the benevolent kind hearted company that they are will take care of this!!! Stay tuned, this could get very interesting depending on another decision being decided as we speak in the courts. Maybe I should have posted this over on the Vancouver Island Logging at it's WORST thread!!!

  1280. #1280dirty4fun2016-06-03 05:51

    Sounds like Western Forest Products is over come with it's power, to pretty much do as it wants. They are big and know that they can control a small company or companies, and do. Hope fully the news people will keep what is happening in the news till enough people push on the government to see the loss of valuable timber being left to rot and bugs to wreck. Throw in all the jobs lost or people out of work not able to pay bills, till they can go back to work. These are people who have proven know how and want to be working. If the government would put the right kind of pressure on WFP things would happen. Like pull their timber rights due to all the lost revenue, jobs, and waste of valuable timber, that would get things moving in the right direction.

  1281. #1281camptramp2016-06-03 09:44

    Sadly HR MacMillan predicted this out come when the TFL program was being created in the early 1950's . He's probably looking down from above shaking his head , to much timber in to few hands .

  1282. #1282HDX2016-06-03 11:19

    You guys are both right on the money. Funny how a fellow in Florida (dirty4fun)can see the peril and fault in the BC Forests and yet our own government see's nothing. Western has in the7 1/2 years they have been in TFL 44 done nothing but abuse the very system that allowed them the temporary harvesting rights to the timber. Maybe the next government to sit in power will open up a total forest review and start taking back some of these TFL's. If done right, there is no telling what a success story this could be! Just imagine Timber being harvested FOR our next generation BY our next generation. We sacrificed the very forest industry AND our coastal Fishing industry all for what? Oh yes, LNG. OK that is my only political rant We will let the courts decide the fate of this crew and the community they live in.

  1283. #1283dirty4fun2016-06-03 19:54

    HDX Thanks I just seems my legs are getting shorter or the fire higher as the way WFP is going about this really burns my ***. There is a manufacturing plant in town that does a lot of work for John Deere. Over 2/3 of there work is for J D, mostly farm parts, and J D pretty much tells them what they will pay for parts. Makes them warehouse the parts, the dies and pays for them when they need them. Since J D is slow they only want a few parts mostly repairs, so if they have not manufactured extras when they ran the order they have to manufacture the few parts. The rub is that J D pays the same amount for a few as they do for hundreds. Often it costs 10-20 times more to set up the machine, order a small quantity of material, then the price they will receive. The plant is trying to make it with cutting back where they can, and have had to lay off over half of their work force. I hope they can stay open till the farm machinery business picks up again. Oh HDX I am back in N. Illinois but can see where to few have to much control there!

  1284. #1284ATCme2016-06-17 13:27

    Anyone know what pressure the air systems are supposed to be at in the old P9 trucks? I picked one up a couple of weeks ago and it takes forever to build just over 60 psi. Even when it gets to 90 psi it seems i have no brake power what so ever. I got under the truck the other day to see if any of the brake pods were even moving and only one moved but only a 1/4 inch maybe. Parking brake on or off made no difference. I'm getting pressure to the rear just seems like i'm missing something. Air compressor shot? Brake pods seized? I should be able to lock up the tires should i not?

  1285. #1285Former Wrench2016-06-17 15:12

    Drain the tank and see if there is oil in the system. Are the brakes in adjustment?

  1286. #1286ATCme2016-06-17 16:11

    There was a some at the bottom of one of the tanks yes but not a huge amount. The air shifter leaks air and has a small amount coming out of it but i didn't think enough to be a problem. No idea if the brakes are in adjustment, right now only one brake pod moves and it's a small amount. There are no backing plates on the drums and i can see that the pads are in fairly decent shape. I should add i can move the truck around with the parking brake on.

  1287. #1287Former Wrench2016-06-17 16:24

    Sounds like the brakes are out of adjustment and maybe gummed up internally from the oil contamination.

  1288. #1288ATCme2016-06-17 16:34

    Would it be worth it to rebuild the old brake pods or get new ones? Three of them are original to the truck (1973). Can i even rebuild the pump of this vintage?

  1289. #1289farmIT2016-06-17 16:57

    Be VERY careful with those brake pots, there is a huge spring in there. DO NOT TRY TO TAKE THEM APART!!!! Buy new pots they are cheap 44 bucks depending on the style.I am not sure on the sty;e you have but be careful. They will take anybody part they touch clean off.

  1290. #1290ATCme2016-06-17 17:10

    I wouldn't be rebuilding them if it was even possible i would just unbolt them and send them out. The fourth newer pod has MGM type 30 stamped on it with the usual warnings. Is it pots or pods? I've sen it spelled both ways. Another question, there are four air pressure gauges the one next to the parking brake knobs isn't hooked up anymore but the three on the left side of the steering wheel do. What pressures should i be seeing on the two when i hit the brake pedal? With the main tank at 90 they maybe hit 30 to 40 psi. Seems low to me.

  1291. #1291HDX2016-06-17 17:17

    ATCme What kind of engine is in the truck? Is it a 8V71 GM? As Former wrench mentioned, there are a few different things you can look for. Let us know what engine you have With that problem I am thinking you do have a GM in it. Can be several things, but start with the obvious first. Don't start tearing things apart only to find out that something else is/was the problem. The guys on here are some of the best you can talk to regarding this little problem. Could be as simple as a plugged air filter on the compressor. That would partially explain the oil in the air tank and your air system and slow building air thing.

  1292. #1292ATCme2016-06-17 17:36

    It is the 8v71. The truck came with an 350 hp originally, then was swapped for a 318 out of a tyrex then a 350 was put back in. The intake comes in from the trucks intake before the turbo so as far as i can see it uses the air filter from the engine which is brand new. I had the engine running backwards for a few seconds when it rolled backwards while in third would that hurt the pump?

  1293. #1293Former Wrench2016-06-17 17:44

    Amen to farmIT. I was once taking a brake can apart manually because the safety override slot was damaged and I could not get the cross bolt hooked up. I had it in a hydraulic press and when I had the cylinder backed off as far as it would go the spring still had not given up all tension. I was playing with it when the can shot out of the press, screamed across the shop, and put a sizeable dent in a sheet metal wall. Even at way less than half tension, it would have knocked me down. If you don't know what you are doing here, don't do it. These things are dangerous if not treated right.

  1294. #1294HDX2016-06-17 19:42

    Did you put the truck in high gear and let the clutch out to stop the engine once you had it running backwards??? It is common to have this happen. Just stall the engine to kill it. It does not do anything to the engine. You probably have the B/W Trueflow 500 single compressor on her. Undo the airline from the compressor to the air tank and see how much air it is producing. Take a spray bottle of soapy water and start spraying your air lines Big ones first Go to the brake valve and spray the air lines from it also. Old air lines will lose air faster than you would believe. Old air lines will leak air all over the place. After you have hosed down your lines and found the problem ones make new ones and replace them. Then get somebody to help you and install a 0 to 150 lb air gauge on each of the rear boosters (do this one at a time) and check to see how much air you are getting to each wheel back there. Just release the maxi brakes and then make a 60 lb application on each brake This will help you eliminate some of the problems.

  1295. #1295ATCme2016-06-17 20:08

    I was going up a bit of a hill and since I'm new to the tranny i missed a gear and it rolled back while in third. Once i dropped the clutch rolling backward it fired backward. Seemed like the engine never stopped but when i tried shifting first to second i was going backwards. i hit the stop button on the dash and restarted it and went forward again. In order for me to stop the truck on a hill i have to kill the engine in bull low without hitting the clutch. I'll work my way back from the pump. This is my first air brake truck so it may take me awhile to figure it all out. Most of the leaks i have already fixed but one, the shifter for the air tranny. On the first diff there is an airline that goes into a mechanism on the side of it that leads to one of the knobs for the parking brake, what does it do? I'll take pictures of everything as i go so you guys can see what i'm dealing with.

  1296. #1296diamondtguy2016-06-17 21:11

    I certainly recognize the power steering tank...P-9's were finished when I started at Pacific but I remember finding some P-9 name plates laying around in one of the bins...They are stashed away here some where.. I am sure the guys here will walk you through your problems..Where in BC are you??? Some full on pictures would be nice.. Welcome to the forum....

  1297. #129749pacific2016-06-17 22:40

    ATCme from an empty tank to full pressure 120pis should be around 5 to 7 min. if your truck has been parked for a few years it is very common for the brake shoes to rust to the anchor pins and not let the shoes move. usually by greasing the S-cam tube and using a hammer and drift and hit the brake shoes buy the anchor pins you can free them up it might take a bit to do or pull each wheel apart and clean all the parts up and put back together. I would have to see a picture of the front diff to see what you are talking about but I think you are looking at a locker or the power divider

  1298. #1298ATCme2016-06-17 23:37

    Here's a link to my other thread that got no response. I answered my own question about the engine. I phoned the past owners mechanic afterward and found the back history on why they pulled it and put the orange rock box on it. The truck sits at our farm here in Langley but when or if it ever gets fixed it will be going up to our acreage in Creston. More pics incoming when i figure out how to get them off my phone.

  1299. #1299ATCme2016-06-17 23:43

    I'm sure you are correct on the brakes being seized but the shoes aren't stuck to the drums. Two drums did get hot after a day of driving it around to get the motor warmed up. I greased everything and i will let it sit for a day before i try hammering on it. The truck last drove in 2011.

  1300. #1300ATCme2016-06-18 12:05

    Pictures of the compressor, inlet line, the feed line to the tank and the model number tag. You can see the feed line i disconnected , you may not be able to see it in the picture but there is a bit of oil coating the inside of it.

  1301. #1301ATCme2016-06-18 12:16

    The next pictures are the pressure readings from zero to parking brake release pressure and the foot brake pressure. I managed to get a pressure gauge on the back lines feeding the rear pods. The truck gauges that still work The cheap looking feral fittings My adapter The trucks running max pressure right now parking brake released pressure. It climbed to 80 psi as i let it sit.

  1302. #1302ATCme2016-06-18 12:19

    Foot pedal pressed Foot brake pressure at the pod

  1303. #1303Blk prince2016-06-18 12:23

    Would like to see a few pictures of truck as well. You will be busy. BP

  1304. #1304ATCme2016-06-18 12:29

    This is the part in question that connects to the black knob on the dash. I have zero idea what it does. This was resting on the drive shaft when i got the truck. Almost right through it but still not leaking. The airmatic shift knob is what i was going to tackle next. So far there are no other leaks in the system other than the brake pedal sticking. Usually leaves 30 psi in the brake lines if i don't pull up on it.

  1305. #1305ATCme2016-06-18 12:35

    A few posts up. I gave a link to a video and older and one current picture of the truck. If you want anything specific let me know and i can get it for you.

  1306. #1306ATCme2016-06-18 18:52

    More pictures of the truck.

  1307. #1307ATCme2016-06-18 20:03

    Anyone know where i can find a new shifter knob or a rebuild kit for it?

  1308. #1308Blk prince2016-06-18 21:20

    That looks like 20 speed. Drove one for 3 years. Takes a while to get used to

  1309. #1309ATCme2016-06-19 12:53

    Yup it's a 20. It would be great to know the shift order for it. The drivers door panel is gone, which would have had it printed on there. The problem is the knob leaks so much air it doesn't shift the Spicer. Forget using 4th and 5th i can barely get into 3rd without the auxiliary right now.

  1310. #1310Blk prince2016-06-19 14:02

    I am on the island. There is a couple people who may have a shifter. No one using them around here. I will ask around and see what I can find. If I find something I will send you a PM. Color scheme is so much like a CZ or BCFP unit. If there is still a serial number maybe diamondtguy can find the history. BP

  1311. #1311Birken Vogt2016-06-19 19:29

    Check this thread and see if it is the one you have: http://hankstruckforum.com/htforum/index.php?topic=26333.0

  1312. #131249pacific2016-06-19 19:51

    That brake pot on the diff is a power divider with old air compressors it is normal to see oil in the lines but I feel that your compressor is just plan wore out

  1313. #1313diamondtguy2016-06-19 21:11

    BP..I believe he said in his earlier post (link posted) that he has been in contact with Larry at Pacific and that Larry pulled the file on the truck.Don't know how much info he got..It would ne interesting to know the history on it.....

  1314. #1314Blk prince2016-06-20 00:12

    diamondtguy,I missed the earlier reply. Would great to hear the history of this old girl

  1315. #1315NP-15-A2016-07-04 23:17

    Duncan Truck Show, July 16 and 17, 2016 10am to 4:30pm, Saturday and Sunday ~ BC Forest Discovery Centre ~ located on Trans Canada Highway at Drinkwater Road, Duncan, BC. Admission: one ticket good for both days, adult $10, seniors $8, children (ages 3-18) $8, children under 3 free, Those with BCFDC 2016 membership ~ free admission ~ family friendly event with concession available with BBQ, cotton candy and mini donuts Truck entry fee $10 to participate and receive a dash plaque. for more information email [email protected] This event is hosted by the Vancouver Island Chapter of the ATHS (American Truck Historical Society). The Truck Club is open to new members, with and without a truck, check the website. www.athsvancouverislandchapter.com Hope you're able to come and visit. Regards, Cam

  1316. #1316steamcrane2016-07-11 06:25

    same one used on air shift 1241

  1317. #1317Biswas2016-07-16 22:03

    steamcrane Are you the one that picked up the tandem steer in Vancouver? If so I would like to talk to you about some parts I may have. Thx

  1318. #1318ATCme2016-07-29 15:31

    Well i finally have the history on it. View attachment Pacific Truck Parts Record Sheets.pdf I threw some new o rings in the the shift knob and unlocked all the brake shoes and everything works now but still the brake pressure isn't very impressive. Also found two different sized belts on the compressor and when i tightened just one up it would build pressure faster but still only topped out at 90 psi but the governor never kicks in. I did start to notice that when it does get up to 90 psi oil starts coming out of the exhaust so I'm thinking the pump might be pressurizing the oil drain back. don't know if that's possible but that may be what's going on with my oil leak.

  1319. #1319diamondtguy2016-07-30 00:42

    I always read the BOM's on the trucks at work...Don't know why,I just did ..Its good that you got copys...I would imagine Larry dug through the archives and pulled them out for you....

  1320. #1320ATCme2016-08-03 13:24

    Well i got the prognosis on the engine today and it's not good. Long story short it will cost more than i paid for it to fix the detroit in it. So now i either sell it or find a new motor.

  1321. #1321Greatwestcam2016-08-08 23:15

    While out on the coast this summer I did find some (new to me) trucks, like this P-16 of Olympics. did not find the data plate as it was gone, did they ever stamp the frame anywhere? Looks like it might be on stand by.

  1322. #1322Greatwestcam2016-08-08 23:20

    some more

  1323. #1323diamondtguy2016-08-09 00:05

    If you sit up on the drivers fender to work on the engine the serial should be somewhere around your left foot on the top of the rail.It will be stamped into the frame.Running boards look oem and they are made out of checkerplate.That was before my time there.Air cleaner placement is greek to me as well.Looks like a turbo'd V12..I see it has a PTO....but whats it used for.. Firewall looks like its a different color yellow and isn't that a big windshield cab ???

  1324. #1324Greatwestcam2016-08-09 21:31

    Thanks Cory, now I know where to look for those numbers. The big windows shows its a 1977 and up, do believe it was repowered with the turbo 12 so that's why the air cleaners are there. Did not see what the pto was there for.

  1325. #1325diamondtguy2016-08-09 21:42

    Thanks....I was sure the big window cabs showed up about the time I started but the aircleaner location seemed earlier and threw me off...It also looks like all the plastic thumb screws on the dash have been replaced with button head..They can be equally frustrating to remove sometimes...I was there for half of 77 so some of my DNA may be on it.....

  1326. #1326HDX2016-08-09 22:24

    Just a shot here Cam By any chance did that truck have at one time a "Live" bunk??? You know the ones that were used to haul a lowbed! There was a couple trucks up in the QCI with that configuration. Truck bunk would lift up to hook up to the lowbed. Could there have been a ram under the center of the turn table to lift the bunk??. M&B at Juskatla Division had one or two for the lowbed would explain the PTO and hose's

  1327. #1327Hayesno12016-08-10 01:31

    Look at post #737 at this thread. When I found her at Stillwater in 2014 she was hooked up to a lowbed. I might have more pics but no close up of turntable.

  1328. #1328Greatwestcam2016-08-10 21:17

    Did not see a live bunk on this one Steve, only one I have seen like that is a blue HDX that has been posted in the Hayes thread before. this one had hyd hoses that may have connected to the lowbed?

  1329. #1329ben46a2016-08-10 21:55

    Were there ramps on the trailer?

  1330. #13300752016-08-11 00:02

    Looks like it has a cup and saucer on the bunk and don't see a ram in there either . Hdy pump maybe for Hdy ramps on the lowbed. One of ours was like that

  1331. #1331diamondtguy2016-08-11 01:00

    I was thinking the same thing.Ramps appear to be full width and rather large.I don't see the need for hyd's with the way they have the trailer mounted to the bunk.. Never seen one of those trailers so I am just thinking....other option would be a hyd winch..

  1332. #1332Greatwestcam2016-09-03 18:30

    73 p-16 This one looks like it was originally a Percy Logging unit, believe Kip Brown had it for a sort time, did a refit and paint to it then. the trailer number was one off from the truck I drove at Powell Daniels.

  1333. #1333diamondtguy2016-09-03 23:17

    Nice....are those old Mac Blo trucks sitting there ??? Here is the picture that someone at Allied Concrete had hanging in their office..When Lehigh took over they got rid of everything that said Allied on it..My brother was Allied's tire man and he does Lehighs stuff as well.He removed the picture and when asked what he was doing he just said "don't worry about it".I also got a case of pens and a stack of t-shirts...The picture has suffered a bit but I had it hard mounted.On the wall it will go... Allied Truck #105

  1334. #1334HD Mech2016-09-04 02:43

    That's an ex Menzies Bay Mack beside the P16, looks like an older M&B P16?, in the far right.

  1335. #1335Hayesno12016-09-04 03:38

    Cam; Thanks for sharing pictures. No I dont think it is p16. It must be a Hayes HDX logging truck. Hopefully Cam took pics of her as well.

  1336. #1336Greatwestcam2016-09-04 21:50

    Sorry guys it was another Mack of OFP, H-200, the one with the Challenger cab on it. There was one more Pacific there and some log trailers. Mack H-300 was up at the head of Powell lake with a couple Kenworths, a little to far to go without a boat so no pics this time.

  1337. #1337Hayesno12016-09-05 15:20

    Thank you for the correction and solving the mystery. She seems to have been beefed up since I saw her at the same spot in 2014.

  1338. #1338Greatwestcam2016-09-09 23:49

    The other P16 that was at Stillwater. any info?

  1339. #1339diamondtguy2016-09-16 23:24

    Here is a 1979 P-12 serial # 1310 built for Mac Blo Shawnigan div..Unit #H-272...Pictures show the truck sitting in a field in Washington State..Year is 2009.......I have more pics.. ATTACH]159059[/ATTACH]

  1340. #1340diamondtguy2016-09-16 23:29

    This is H272 as it arrived at Pacific Truck (Coast Powertrain) in 2011 Here are some recent pics of the restoration/refit of H272..Truck had a 3408 when new.Now powered by a 600HP Cummins...

  1341. #1341diamondtguy2016-09-16 23:38

    I actually remember working on H-272..P-12 loggers were few and far between.There is a Pacific promo pic and I am positive it is H272..I am sitting over top of the Allison doing something...I can tell by the people in the pic that its circa 1979....

  1342. #1342diamondtguy2016-09-18 01:19

    I have to quietly laugh when looking at this picture.The more I look at it the more I realize it is staged.There are 4 people working on the trailer..Two of them are chargehands (actually brothers) and they generally didn't work on things.The actual trailer builder (Gord) is on the far left..Trailers were generally built by one guy..I built my fair share of them.. Also the trailer happens to be sideways for some reason..The door is about 20' to the right... It was a very busy time for us..Inside of two years everything we new crashed to the floor..Some lost all

  1343. #1343camptramp2016-09-22 23:27

    Jeet Sangara , A Pacific highway truck , don't know who owns it in picture , but it was probably purchased new by Trav Rankin & Sons , then sold to Pat Carson Bulldozing .

  1344. #1344diamondtguy2016-09-28 01:40

    I had to go do a service call of sort only a block away from Pacific on Monday.I stopped by to talk to the boys and have a look at the P-12.They are going to call me when its time to start it up (very soon now)...I am going to see if I can do the honors or at least partake in it...I still very much remember the order of things.....

  1345. #1345camptramp2016-09-29 23:35

    Jeet Sangara .

  1346. #1346diamondtguy2016-09-29 23:47

    Is there a story behind it hauling all those pre loader trailers and do we know what truck that is...

  1347. #1347dirty4fun2016-09-30 05:43

    Neat to see one tractor pulling three trailer load of logs. I know HDX said that they did that for a while, after much measuring and checking out that the trailers would make the corners.

  1348. #1348Doug19662016-09-30 09:56

    Hi, count again, 4 trailers! Thanks, Doug.

  1349. #1349Bumpsteer2016-09-30 11:29

    Wow!!! Any guesses on how much weight he's pulling? Ed

  1350. #1350camptramp2016-09-30 23:23

    A lot of variable's , wet Hemlock or Balsam weighs more than dry Fir or Cedar , 400 tons would be in the ballpark .

  1351. #1351HDX2016-10-01 10:27

    When we were pulling them, The load weight would vary. The combined weight of H17 and three 60 Ton preload trailers and the two Columbia 50 ton Dollies that made up a "Train configuration" was 90 tons empty and 173 feet from center of steering axle to center of last axle on the last trailer. Then you factor in the weight of the logs on each trailer and add it all together. If you were standing on the side of the road when one of these combo's went by you could see the ground move. The P16 above is pulling roughly 4 90-95 ton loads so add one more Dolly and 60 ton trailer. Then add it all up 115 tons in equipment and very close to 380 tons of logs = 495 tons or 990000 LBS rolling along in that picture. Blk prince would know where it was taken.

  1352. #1352dirty4fun2016-10-01 20:25

    Now that is a lot of weight rolling down he road. Almost a million pounds and 173' long, pretty darn amazing. Lot of work and planning befoe that all came to be I bet. Thanks for the information and specifics of those loads, HDX!

  1353. #1353Blk prince2016-10-01 23:38

    Picture was at Nanaimo Lakes. Cannot tell name the crew worked under. Same crew but so many name changes. Now Timberwest

  1354. #1354Hank R2016-10-17 23:29

    I hope this is alright to post these are real classic Pacific trucks. Hi Hank. Unfortunately our company, after 35 years, is going out of business. Some of our trucks, including the teal colored Pacific, are going to be at the Ritchie Bros. auction in Prince George in November. We still have the two blue Pacifics. I have Rick and Brandon Sayers interested in one of them, and I had another guy (Mike Collins) after the other but he jammed out at the last minute. It’s not worth the trip to the auction so I’m wondering if you know anyone who would be interested in it for a restoration project. It would have to go as-is, with the drum and related components. We no longer have the time or the equipment to remove those components. It needs a bit of engine work too, and would need to be transported on a lowbed. Thanks. Bruce MacRitchie Manager Glacier Concrete Ltd. Mail: PO Box 379 Ship: 300 Sandhill Way Kitimat, BC V8C 2G8 Tel: (250) 632-7145 http://www.hankstruckpictures.com/hank_rabe_bruce_macritchie.html

  1355. #1355Hank R2016-10-19 08:49

    A friend Jon send me this picture of a P-10 ? at the Cranberry fields.

  1356. #1356ATCme2016-10-19 12:22

    That is one of the sister trucks to my P9. Yes it is a P10. Skadill also did a youtube video of if. Jones contracting out of chilliwack had them. They offered this one to me but the box is just way too big for what i needed. They had a couple of HDX trucks in the auction along with this P10. It's parked next to the #1 highway by the cranberry fields in Chilliwack right now.

  1357. #1357Hank R2016-10-27 22:20

    Just heard from Bruce (post 1355) and he has sold his Tandem Steer Pacific (Allied's # 107) is going to Quesnel to Cloud Transport, they plan on Mounting a Stone Slinger on this one. They already have Allieds #119 Pacific with a crane on it. Now I am waiting for pictures of the Crane on it.

  1358. #135864Pacific2016-10-28 15:01

    Stay tuned, everything is arranged and I will have photos of the fleet on Sunday...

  1359. #1359Hank R2016-10-28 15:07

    That is 2 sleeps away , hope i can sleep waiting for great pictures....

  1360. #136064Pacific2016-10-28 15:13

    Haha, it is almost as bad as the wait for Christmas morning as a kid...

  1361. #1361Hank R2016-10-30 14:45

    I received from Mike Bessley in New Zealand. These are from a off highway haul. Liking all the safety gear for the driver.

  1362. #1362diamondtguy2016-10-30 20:22

    Good pictures...All Pacific cab trucks as well...

  1363. #136364Pacific2016-10-31 23:45

    Had a great day on Sunday, just to get everybody excited while I upload photos of the truck - Allied 119 with the crane: More of this truck and two others will appear on the Pacific website shortly...

  1364. #1364camptramp2016-11-05 22:32

    Oz Nelson , WFI , Gordon River Camp . Where Lake Cowichan's Oz Nelson started his driving career , his first Truck . Anybody know what year this Pacific is ?

  1365. #1365Hank R2016-11-06 12:50

    My guess would be 1957 or 58 to the early 60's The second design the fenders were rounded and the headlights were mounted on the side of the radiator. These trucks came with a guard over the top of the lights and a grill guard in front of an exposed radiator with shutters. The name Pacific was painted on the hood and Pacific was cast into the upper radiator tank. On most trucks the exhaust was also moved from coming out of the hood to the rear of the cab. The 1960's saw more changes again. They now had script lettering in chrome on the hood and radiators.

  1366. #136664Pacific2016-11-06 13:29

    My guess is 1956, serial number T660-92, a model 4600F, which was sold with logging bunks and a water tank. Would it be ok if I was to borrow these photos for the website? Here is the bill of materials courtesy of Pacific Truck Manufacturing: http://www.pacifictruckclub.org/Docs/tcbT660-92.pdf

  1367. #1367camptramp2016-11-06 23:44

    Thanks for the Build Sheet , the pictures are probably from late 1960's or early 1970's . 10 to 15 years hauling logs , then retired to hauling gravel would be about right . PM your E-mail address and I'll send you the pictures . I personally don't have a problem with others using pictures I've posted .

  1368. #1368Hank R2016-11-09 19:59

    I almost fell off my chair at the A & W this morning when Ed Forde came in and said this is for you. He used to own this truck in the mid 80's and sold it in 91 or 92. I was out driving around in Penticton a few years ago and found it sitting in yard above Penticton.

  1369. #1369dirty4fun2016-11-10 03:12

    That is neat seeing the original build sheet for the truck, amazing find. For sure, one just never knows what people have kept over the years.

  1370. #1370Hank R2016-11-10 08:33

    I have the build books for two different Pacific trucks here. If some one buys these trucks they will get them I am the care taker for these.

  1371. #1371diamondtguy2016-12-13 23:25

    Got some pics today from Larry @ Pacific Truck...They have finished the rebuild/refit on the ex MacBlo P-12..I will be going to see it in the next week or so.. The guy wondering around the truck is Rollie..Pretty much a lifer at Pacific.I worked with him for 10 years.He was our road tester.He has pretty much road tested every Pacific built since the mid 70's.Also one of the crew on the very last truck that was built for Soda Springs...Now he rebuilds them.

  1372. #1372diamondtguy2016-12-13 23:31

    A few more..... ATTACH]162450[/ATTACH] Here are some specs... Rebuilt by two of the guys who originally built the truck back in 1979. I am pretty sure I spent a lot of time on this truck when it was new.... 1979 - P12 Cummins KTA19C600 Allison CLBT6061-6 Clark BD91000 (15.033 ratio) 1400x25 tires 100% New air system through out 100% New electrical system through out 100% New gauges and switches 100% New lights through out 100% New exhaust system 100% New hosing, fittings, pulleys & belts 100% New cab interior 100% New windshield wiper/washer system New headache rack with walk deck New heat exchanger New rear rim assemblies and wheel spacers New windshields and updated door assemblies New torque rods, bushings, pins, trunnion seats, end caps etc. Everything else is rebuilt/refurbished Stripped to bare metal, New primer, New paint, New cab undercoating, New grip tread surfacing New drivelines and u-joints New fuel tank.. This truck is for sale...Contact Larry@ Pacific Truck.....(my cheap plug for Pacific)

  1373. #1373Hank R2016-12-13 23:32

    Great pictures, thanks for posting .

  1374. #1374HDX2016-12-14 01:41

    diamondtguy That is one nice looking truck. Glad to see they went with Bridgestone tires. Only tire better than those is Michelin's and they are so expensive and hard to get now. She is set up as a tractor now ,so they are looking outside the logging industry! By any chance Did John over at Quality Trimmers make the headliner kit for it Looks like one of his (The Best)

  1375. #1375dirty4fun2016-12-14 04:42

    What a beauty, that someone will enjoy owning and driving again for many years!

  1376. #1376HD Mech2016-12-14 09:53

    That is one spectacular job. What a beauty!

  1377. #1377Former Wrench2016-12-14 12:14

    I got a chance to meet Larry when we visited the Cache Creek truck show last summer. It was a good experience.

  1378. #1378diamondtguy2016-12-14 22:38

    HDX....not sure of their target market but I suspect its heavy hauling.It is a very nice looking truck.I will ask Larry about the interior..

  1379. #1379Blk prince2016-12-15 10:12

    diamondtguy,I was looking for the pictures of this beauty when still red and white. Have not found them yet. My question is,were the air cleaners mounted this way from factory new?

  1380. #1380HDX2016-12-15 11:12

    Sure would look cool with the Pacific Cab Visor (Blue)to set off the cab colors. By the way We DID notice the 8th drive tire LOL

  1381. #1381diamondtguy2016-12-15 13:18

    I agree.I think it would look good with a blue visor,and yes the interior was done by John. BP...pics are at 1340 but I found this pic in my collection....

  1382. #1382Blk prince2016-12-15 21:38

    Diamondtguy,thanks Corey.

  1383. #1383diamondtguy2016-12-15 23:16

    I had to look a few times to see what you meant about the 8th drive tire....good eye.Cant believe I missed that..

  1384. #1384diamondtguy2016-12-20 22:27

    This has shown up in my e-mail box a few times this week...I am told that some one here (HDX) knows the when and where of this photo... Just something about a head on shot of a off road logger all loaded up.... Merry Christmas every one........Cory

  1385. #1385DBDLS2016-12-20 22:50

    Thanks Cory and HDX.

  1386. #1386HDX2016-12-21 12:18

    Guess it is time to start posting pictures again. After seeing the picture Blk prince posted of himself with his new P16 so many years ago, So many memories came back. I remember so vividly, him when he first got her, and how very proud he was of it. I knew that feeling myself, as did a lot of other guys around the logging industry. Was something we will never forget. Will look through the box's and see what falls out for your viewing pleasure.

  1387. #1387Blk prince2016-12-22 00:09

    HDX,yes yes yes. You do not have to pick any. Post them all. We need our "fix"

  1388. #1388dirty4fun2016-12-22 04:46

    I have to agree with Blk prince bring on the pictures and stories HDX I for one will never tire from looking at the pictures and reading your stories.

  1389. #1389camptramp2016-12-22 22:56

    Boulder Bill .

  1390. #1390diamondtguy2016-12-22 23:59

    Interesting colors on H135..Do any other pics excist of the truck in those colors..Would that be a ex Mac Blo truck (KTA/preloader).

  1391. #1391trakloader2016-12-23 18:05

    Yes, ex-QCD used to be dispatcher Don Ward's truck.

  1392. #1392trakloader2016-12-23 18:07

    Ooops my bad uploaded 137 instead. We had three, H-135, 136, and 137.

  1393. #1393trakloader2016-12-23 18:10

    Here is 135 with Don Ward.

  1394. #1394trakloader2016-12-23 18:12

    H-135. These trucks were pretty big news when I was little.

  1395. #1395diamondtguy2016-12-23 22:40

    Nice...I remember the trucks..As they were preloaders I would have spent a lot of time on them.Other than the assembly I also (by choice) did all the hydraulics on the preloaders. I also ruined two sets of interior rear panels when I had the torches in the trucks bending the subframe and fifth wheels levers..I was so pissed at myself (as was my boss) I redesigned the whole way we did things.I approached the Foreman with my idea and he told me to take it to the engineers..I will tell the story after I have some dinner.. Also notice that H135 appears to be changed to square headlights later (black paint) Is that Cedar ????

  1396. #1396camptramp2016-12-25 00:47

    Boulder Bill Timberwest HBO , These two P 16 Pacific's were originally BCFP Silver River Div. Trucks #40-106 was BCFP #6-257 and the #40-130 was BCFP #6-258 .

  1397. #1397camptramp2016-12-27 00:34

    Boulder Bill .

  1398. #1398trakloader2016-12-30 18:35

    Big spruce.

  1399. #1399camptramp2016-12-30 22:23

    Boulder Bill , Malloch & Moseley , Rivers Inlet .

  1400. #1400camptramp2017-01-04 21:40

    Boulder Bill .

  1401. #1401camptramp2017-01-09 23:30

    Boulder Bill , WFP North Island Forest Operation , LeMare Lake Logging #T-333 P 16 Pacific on Beaver Cove Rd.

  1402. #1402camptramp2017-01-09 23:35

    Boulder Bill , WFP North Island , #2231 P 16 Pacific , West M/L

  1403. #1403camptramp2017-01-10 23:02

    Boulder Bill , WFP North Island . LeMare Lake Logging , #T-348 P 16 Pacific on Rupert Arm M/L , Port McNeill .

  1404. #1404camptramp2017-01-13 00:56

    Boulder Bill , WFP Rupert Arm M/L Port McNeill .

  1405. #1405Hank R2017-01-14 13:08

    A friend found this P-10 Pacific in Alberta and is going to buy and restore it. I am super pumped about this as I drove this truck and have many pictures of it. This is the second last P-10 that was built for Fred Sowchuck Trucking and Jack Kukler bought it new from Fred. This truck was given #35 and was called Coal Fever Thanks to Larry at Cost Power Train we were able to get line data sheets for this truck.

  1406. #1406Hank R2017-01-14 13:17

    Here are a few more pictures of it When it left the Pacific factory Dec 22, 1973. Jack Kukler is on right with his truck and it was given truck #35. Roy Harker is on left and his truck # was 36 #35 on left and #36 on right in Calgary as trucks were driven to Inasvale Alberta to have boxes built and installed. Jack called his truck Coal Fever.

  1407. #1407diamondtguy2017-01-14 20:57

    Nice pictures...It looks to me like the truck in the bottom pic has had the cab jacked up a inch or two.Something looks off to me...

  1408. #1408diamondtguy2017-01-14 21:03

    Good stuff Hank...do we know what happened to the other truck...

  1409. #1409Hank R2017-01-15 08:39

    Working on that now , Roy sold it in 1978 to Mario in Blairmore, I stopped in there in 83 I think and it was parked and got a few pictures as the Tent mt. coal Haul was shut down. I am thinking might have to spend a few days out in Alberta on the hunt for a P-10.

  1410. #141049pacific2017-01-15 18:18

    Terry schamu (probably wrong spelling of last name) in rock creek has one of those Pacifics I'm not to sure what number it is but it was rolled over no real body damage just need windows and mirror brackets. It was in really good shape when I looked at it a couple years ago

  1411. #1411Hank R2017-01-15 20:26

    I thought he had a #10 ? Kind of hard to keep track of ##'s as after Fred sold out some got renumbered. I was at his place and I thought he had 2 Pacific trucks but that was back in 2012. Thanks

  1412. #1412camptramp2017-01-15 23:21

    Boulder Bill, WFP North Island , P-16 Pacific's , West M/L .

  1413. #1413camptramp2017-01-16 22:11

    Boulder Bill , Lemare Lake Logging North Island , #T311 & T327 P 16 Pacific's Preloaders

  1414. #1414camptramp2017-01-17 23:32

    Boulder Bill , WFP North Island .

  1415. #1415camptramp2017-01-18 22:46

    Boulder Bill , WFP , North Island , P 16 Pacific's on West M/L .

  1416. #1416camptramp2017-01-18 22:54

    Boulder Bill , WFP North Island , P 16 Pacific's

  1417. #1417camptramp2017-01-18 23:00

    Boulder Bill , Lemare Lake Logging , North Island , P 16 Pacific's Rupert Arm M/L .

  1418. #1418camptramp2017-01-19 22:13

    Boulder Bill , WFP North Island .

  1419. #1419camptramp2017-01-19 22:29

    Boulder Bill , Lemare Lake Logging , North Island . #T 311 & #T 355 P 16 Pacific's hauling on Beaver Cove Rd. and Kipala M/L .

  1420. #1420camptramp2017-01-20 22:00

    Boulder Bill , Lemare Lake Logging , North Island . Hauling on Beaver Cove Rd. and Kokish M/L .

  1421. #1421camptramp2017-01-20 22:19

    Boulder Bill , WFP North Island , A P 12 Pacific with Line Horse winch mounted on it in Port McNeill yard .

  1422. #1422camptramp2017-01-22 22:58

    Boulder Bill WFP North Island , 2nd picture A loaded P 16 Pacific parked in yard across from loaded HDX Hayes . 3rd picture P 16 with a load off Boom Sticks .

  1423. #1423camptramp2017-01-24 00:37

    Boulder Bill , Lemare Lake Logging , P 16 Pacific's hauling on Rupert Arm M/L .

  1424. #1424red black hd2017-01-24 22:05

    nice pacific p510 ps log truck onvancouver island bc

  1425. #1425camptramp2017-01-24 22:35

    Boulder Bill North Island , Koprino Logging P 16 Pacific on Rupert Arm M/L .

  1426. #1426camptramp2017-01-24 22:40

    Boulder Bill , Lemare Lake Logging , North Island . P 16 hauling on Rupert Arm M/l .

  1427. #1427red black hd2017-01-24 23:21

    old pacific p10 & pacific p9 near hope bc a few years a gp

  1428. #1428camptramp2017-01-25 23:51

    Boulder Bill Lemare Lake Logging yard Port McNeill ,

  1429. #1429camptramp2017-01-25 23:55

    Boulder Bill Lemare Lake Logging yard , Port McNeill .

  1430. #1430diamondtguy2017-01-26 00:40

    Nice pics...The older P-16 (T332) sure has narrow bunks compared to the newer truck.

  1431. #1431camptramp2017-01-26 00:50

    It has very narrow Bunks and notice the Preload legs are missing , if the Preload legs were still attached they would hang up on the tail frame of the truck when it made a tight turn , on a wide track truck . That trailer looks to be as narrow as the trailers on the Log Truck's at WFI Gordon River operation . I wonder if they were picked up at an Auction when WFI shut down in 1981 ?

  1432. #143249pacific2017-01-26 20:37

    That trailer might have been used at the train reload. The train car bunks are 10 feet wide

  1433. #1433wornout wrench2017-01-26 20:54

    That is correct. Lemare is sometimes required to haul logs to the train reloads. The load can only be the size that fit on the rail cars, so they have a couple of trailers set up for just that.

  1434. #1434camptramp2017-01-26 22:27

    Thanks for the information , makes perfect sense .Boulder Bill . Lemare Lake Logging , North Island . 1st picture an Ex M&B P 16 Pacific hooked to a Lowbed . Does'nt look like it's been used for a while. 2nd picture is Lemare Lake P 16 Pacific with Lowbed parked at Kilpala Yard .

  1435. #1435ATCme2017-01-27 14:57

    That's a nice looking truck

  1436. #1436camptramp2017-01-27 23:18

    Boulder Bill , P 16 Pacific , HDX Hayes , Madill Loader , Campbell River Industrial Park .

  1437. #1437camptramp2017-01-28 22:42

    Boulder Bill , P 10 Pacific Rock Truck at Pacific Parts , Port McNeill .

  1438. #1438HDX2017-01-28 23:14

    The red and white P16 in the picture above the two preload trucks #327 and 332 was ex M&B Cameron Division PreLoad truck H24 Kip White drove it for the most part pulling the low bed it till he retired. When Hayes Forest took us over they converted it to a conventional . It came with 1600X25 tires and 121 rear ends from the factory

  1439. #1439Coops 832017-01-29 21:19

    A tandem steer pacific Hwy truck loading descent old growth fir. Sechelt trout lake area at my uncles old shake claim. This area is now current big fir park area I believe.

  1440. #1440Coops 832017-01-29 21:21

    Nice looking fir being loaded on beauty pacific Hwy truck. Not sure which model that is?

  1441. #1441camptramp2017-01-29 23:28

    Boulder Bill , P 9 Pacific Rock truck at Industrial Park Campbell River .

  1442. #1442diamondtguy2017-01-29 23:47

    P-9's were done by the time I started at Pacific..I am assuming the side panel bulges are for V8 engines .. Love the headlights..

  1443. #1443camptramp2017-01-29 23:55

    A lot of V8-71 & V8-92 Detroit engines around in 1970's - 1980's . I have a set of those side panels collecting dust if anybody needs a set .

  1444. #1444diamondtguy2017-01-30 00:21

    I am thinking they are for clearance on the V8's..I am no expert but I believe the turbo is on the top of all the Detroits and I have never seen a Cummins V8 so I am not thinking turbo clearance at least not on both sides... I am going to be at Pacific again on Tues so maybe I will pull the original dwg and see what they say...I will let them know you have some P-9 side panels as well.. Interesting note about Pacific dwg's.All paper dwg's all the way back to 1947 still excist.I was looking at a date coded 1947 dwg last time I was there.Even the old ammonia filled machine that made copys of the dwg's is still alive...God I remember the smell of that machine.. Thanks for posting all the pics..

  1445. #1445camptramp2017-01-30 22:50

    Boulder Bill , Munns Lumber Mesachie Lake . This P16 was originally a CZ , Timberwest truck #40-96

  1446. #1446camptramp2017-01-31 22:48

    Boulder Bill , Island Pacific Logging , Mesachie Lake Yard #40-91 P 16 Pacific parked by #40-130 P 16 Pacific .

  1447. #1447Hank R2017-02-01 14:21

    Larry McNutt in front of new P-12 at there shop Pacific Truck Manufacturing INC. Jan. 31/2017. Cory, Larry and Rollie. Model of a 1974 P10 coal hauler, Roy Harkers truck #36

  1448. #1448camptramp2017-02-01 15:59

    Nice truck Hank , Looks like another Pacific Truck has found a new home . Was a little TLC applied by diamondguy ?

  1449. #1449Hank R2017-02-01 18:20

    Not to sure on that but deep inside the truck his DNA is in there from 1979. I think it has his name on it so he should be the new owner. Unless I win the Lottery tonight.

  1450. #1450diamondtguy2017-02-01 23:01

    I did help to put that truck together when it was new but I wasn't involved in the rebuild (I did offer)So the only fresh DNA of mine on her is from constantly caressing her and sitting in her lap.....Rollie did a great job..

  1451. #1451Doug19662017-02-02 10:05

    Hi, who built the model? Thanks, Doug

  1452. #1452Hank R2017-02-02 11:53

    A friend of mine that used to work with he built 3, 2 of truck #35 as he drove that one and 1 for Roy as his was #36, I was to get one as well but he could not find a AutoCar dumper as a base kit, so mine never got built, Then he moved away and got out of building Models.

  1453. #1453RCP572017-02-02 14:10

    A picture from yesterday

  1454. #1454Hank R2017-02-02 15:37

    Nice picture ,with the sun just coming up.

  1455. #1455diamondtguy2017-02-03 01:24

    Nice picture and a good looking P-16..I do believe I have seen her before...Does this mean they are doing some logging ??.

  1456. #1456RCP572017-02-04 00:51

    Things are slowly moving again for the time being. I'm really glad to have had the opportunity to sit in both seats for a day. I never thought I would experience either. Thanks Steve!

  1457. #1457diamondtguy2017-02-04 02:34

    So...you are saying that Steve is driving the P-16...Surely you got a picture.. I am actually envious...

  1458. #1458RCP572017-02-04 23:15

    Yes and yes....

  1459. #1459camptramp2017-02-05 23:22

    Boulder Bill .

  1460. #1460Greatwestcam2017-02-06 22:29

    1976 P 16, has the aluminum doors but small windows, next year they went to the big windows. Original owner was Percy Logging.

  1461. #1461HDX2017-02-07 01:08

    Greatwestcam My Dad got his new P16 in OCT 1976 and it was suppose to be the last small window P16 built. H40. I can dig out the build plate and maybe we can get Diamondtguy to run the number. Maybe it will say something in her build sheets. I could never understand the Williams air shifter mounted on the dash on them. Always looked like an afterthought. Seems to me that all the P16's after that one came with the electric shifters in them and mounted on a pedestal between the seats.

  1462. #1462RCP572017-02-07 21:27
  1463. #1463Greatwestcam2017-02-07 22:22

    HDX the air shifter doubled as a coffee cup holder lol. sure would notice the difference in cabs from the big window vs small, the drivers seat felt far away from the door in the older cabs, to rest your arm on the sill you had to lean over to do it. They also switched over to the bigger torque arms around this time 75-76 which was a big improvement, the 72 P-16 that I drove had that big plate between the diffs like the Hayes has (what is that for exactly) the trucks with big torque arms didn't need it anymore.

  1464. #1464diamondtguy2017-02-08 22:25

    This is a 1979 Pacific P-512S.I am posting the pics for Hank and I will let him tell the story..I may have a few pics out of order...

  1465. #1465diamondtguy2017-02-08 22:27

    Four more [/ATTACH]

  1466. #1466diamondtguy2017-02-08 22:29

    Four more

  1467. #1467diamondtguy2017-02-08 22:33

    more

  1468. #1468Hank R2017-02-08 22:48

    I received these pictures from Smith Wells he was the second owner of this truck and his company Capstan Hauling in Grande Prairie Alberta. He has sold this truck and it is still in use in Alberta. Started as a Schlumberger truck in Norman Wells NWT. 3408 Cat PCTI. 450 horsepower with 12513. After I bought it, installed a 38124 Manitex and eventually changed engine to N14 Cummins and 18 speed. 525 horsepower. Eventually the picker had issues with the sub frame and once removed, decided to buy a tri drive as it was too heavy as a tandem/tandem.

  1469. #1469camptramp2017-02-16 22:59

    Boulder Bill , Mars Contracting Port Alberni , P 16 Pacific With 120 Ton Aspen Lowbed .

  1470. #1470diamondtguy2017-02-18 00:14

    Some more pictures from Hank...

  1471. #1471diamondtguy2017-02-18 00:16

    Four more.....

  1472. #1472Hank R2017-02-18 12:07

    Burnside Leasing was was a Company owned by Capstan Hauling and they bought the P-510 S as a 3 axle truck and latter on they rebuilt as a twin Steer. This truck had a sad ending when in 1998 Capstan Hauling shop burnt down and the Pacific was wrote off.

  1473. #1473camptramp2017-02-21 23:21

    Boulder Bill , Dane Developments , P 16 Pacific .

  1474. #1474camptramp2017-02-21 23:39

    Boulder Bill , Timberwest HBO Div. #40-139 P 16 Pacific on Harris Cr. M/L hauling Heli-Wood . Driver Art Nickerson .

  1475. #1475camptramp2017-02-23 00:34

    Boulder Bill , Parked at an Industrial Park Campbell River .

  1476. #1476camptramp2017-02-24 23:34

    Boulder Bill North Island Lemare Lake P 16 Pacific .

  1477. #1477Hank R2017-03-01 13:27

    Just heard this fine morning that this 1988 P 510S is coming back to BC and will have a new home in Princeton. Was a Island truck when new, then went to Alberta, The picture with a fuel tank on is from 2005 and not my picture. From what I understand Jim want to rebuilt the Pacific and work in summer only and truck shows. I am sure some of our members will know lots about this truck, Camptramp for sure. I know the first thing is to get the Bear off the Rad.

  1478. #1478Blk prince2017-03-01 19:00

    Yes Hank,Chuck is known on the island. He was first owner. Also he has trusted me with his photo albums. I just need to contact camptramp so he can go over them and post on this site. Not sure if Chuck knows she is headed back to BC. He will be looking for a chance to catch up to her at her new home. Thanks. Bp

  1479. #1479Hank R2017-03-01 20:13

    Jim bought this truck from Picture on the GL add and can not wait to bring it home truck was pretty straight and clean looking .

  1480. #1480Greatwestcam2017-03-01 21:59
  1481. #1481Greatwestcam2017-03-01 22:01

    Here is how I seen it here in Alberta, glad it is going to get a second chance.

  1482. #1482Hank R2017-03-01 22:39

    Yes he knew about the inside, and thought if he is doing a major on it so what, after almost 30 years it would need a lot of TLC. Cab fenders and bumper is all there. Thanks for the pictures Reno ATHS show 2019 should look like new then.

  1483. #1483diamondtguy2017-03-01 23:33

    Looks like they just pulled the molded dash panel out and let everything hang...Other than that and the exhaust it still looks complete.I momentarily thought about buying this truck but I just don't need another project..I am happy she has a new motivated owner and is coming home....

  1484. #1484Blk prince2017-03-02 13:48

    First owner lives near me. He heard it was for sale again. He restored a P-9 fromDuncan. Sold it. Saw this and talked to his wife about another project. She had only one condition. Chuck had to go back to work. End of story.

  1485. #1485camptramp2017-03-04 00:10

    Chuck Carosella has loan us his pictures to share . 1st picture is his new P510S Pacific fairly new , which Chuck owned from 1988 - 1998 . This is the same P510S that was recently for sale in Whitecourt Alberta .

  1486. #1486camptramp2017-03-04 00:11

    Chuck Carosella .

  1487. #1487camptramp2017-03-04 00:17

    Chuck Carosella , 1st picture is Chuck in a Logging Truck Parade on Canada Ave. Duncan B.C. . 4th picture was taken about a month before Chuck sold the truck .

  1488. #1488camptramp2017-03-04 00:31

    Chuck Carosella , Chuck went looking for his old truck several years ago and found it in Whitecourt Alberta . When he approached the owner , the owner realized (the truck has a plate with Chucks name on it from the Pacific factory) the truck had been built for Chuck , he jacked up the price , to an unreasonable level . These are the pictures from the last time he seen the truck . Chuck was very happy to hear Jim Lind has purchased the truck and plans on doing a restoration on it .

  1489. #1489camptramp2017-03-04 00:32

    Chuck Carosella

  1490. #1490Hank R2017-03-05 19:54
  1491. #1491camptramp2017-03-07 00:18

    Chuck Caroslla , An Emblem I found in Chuck's Album , another picture I found , and an Operator's Manual I found in a desk in my shop .

  1492. #1492diamondtguy2017-03-24 00:11

    Few pictures from Hank...I believe they were taken today and I will let Hank fill in the details..

  1493. #1493Hank R2017-03-24 08:19

    My friend Rob left Edmonton and near Debolt Alberta he seen this P510 Pacific, late 70's or early 80's with old tilt hood with IH cab.

  1494. #1494camptramp2017-04-01 01:49

    Chuck Carosella .

  1495. #1495camptramp2017-04-22 00:21

    Boulder Bill . Lemare Lake Logging .

  1496. #1496camptramp2017-04-23 01:07

    Boulder Bill .

  1497. #1497camptramp2017-04-23 01:12

    Boulder Bill .

  1498. #1498diamondtguy2017-04-23 01:19

    Think I just said something about this happening in my last post....I recognize that truck.If it was new I would imagine it got fixed..

  1499. #1499trux2017-04-23 10:00

    holy cow!!!!!

  1500. #1500camptramp2017-04-24 00:39

    Boulder Bill .

  1501. #1501camptramp2017-04-25 00:29

    Boulder Bill .

  1502. #1502camptramp2017-04-25 00:31

    Boulder Bill .

  1503. #150392U 34062017-04-25 05:45

    Man I used to see that truck all the time at the races. Haven't seen it in about 5 years though as its not parked in the usual spot. Next time I'm out that way I'm gonna go and search for it.

  1504. #150449pacific2017-04-25 20:34

    That old pacific is sitting at its new home in Kelowna now

  1505. #150592U 34062017-04-25 23:45

    The one from Clearwater? Dang I was hoping to snatch that one up for a restoration project once my current project is done. Hope its getting treated well anyways.

  1506. #1506camptramp2017-04-26 00:32

    Boulder Bill .

  1507. #1507diamondtguy2017-04-26 00:54

    I tried for a couple of years to get it and didn't get very far.It has gone to a good home and if it looks half as good as his HD Hayes it will be a very nice truck

  1508. #150892U 34062017-04-26 07:21

    At least it didn't get hacked up for scrap

  1509. #1509camptramp2017-04-28 00:23

    Boulder Bill .

  1510. #1510Hank R2017-04-29 08:53

    That Pacific is well looked after and will go a major rebuilt and should end up as new in a year or so

  1511. #151192U 34062017-04-29 12:25

    Glad to hear it! Nice to know there are others out there passionate about preserving history.

  1512. #1512Hank R2017-04-29 18:21

    Doug plans to get it back to a arch truck last I talked to Doug..

  1513. #1513camptramp2017-04-30 00:50

    Boulder Bill .

  1514. #1514camptramp2017-05-01 01:02

    Boulder Bill .

  1515. #1515camptramp2017-05-03 00:50

    Boulder Bill .

  1516. #1516HDX2017-05-03 01:36

    The HDX beside the 139 is 6-246 before the line horse was mounted on her

  1517. #1517camptramp2017-05-07 00:37

    Boulder Bill , WFP North Island Div. Friday Night to late to dump line up .

  1518. #1518camptramp2017-05-07 00:41

    Boulder Bill . 1st picture CZ Jervis Inlet Div. ( Norm Gibson photo ). 2nd , 3rd & 4th pictures Lemare Lake Logging .

  1519. #1519camptramp2017-05-08 00:46

    Boulder Bill .

  1520. #1520HDX2017-05-08 02:10

    Ex M&B Shawnigan Division P12 Pacific. Don't know where picture was taken because these trucks were scattered all over the Island after they were surplused at the Weyerheauser Garage sale

  1521. #1521camptramp2017-05-15 00:54

    Boulder Bill , Pacific Logging , Sooke Div.

  1522. #1522camptramp2017-05-16 00:51

    Boulder Bill . 1st & 2nd pictures Alltruck Campbell River . 3rd picture CZ Jervis Inlet Div. , Norm Gilson Photo .

  1523. #1523camptramp2017-05-16 00:54

    Boulder Bill . Daine Development , Port Albernie .

  1524. #1524camptramp2017-05-31 23:26

    Boulder Bill .

  1525. #1525camptramp2017-05-31 23:32

    Boulder Bill , 1st picture Timberwest HBO #40-96 P 16 Pacific towing a Skagit Long Line tower from Sartia DLS . 2nd & 3rd picture Pacific Logging Sooke Div. Pete Walker on P 16 Pacific on adverse grade out of North San Juan River heading for Sooke .

  1526. #1526diamondtguy2017-06-01 00:15

    Questions...What do we know about 40-91.Appears to have a 6cyl in it.I see single exhaust but retains two air filters.Memory tells me the bulk of the KTA trucks were M&B.Is this a refit ??? Also those don't appear to be BD 91's in the rear..Is this a ex CZ truck.. The P-16 with the BIG P in the grille guard also appears to be a 6cyl.Looks like she has had a nice rebuild and is wearing her side panels again.Truck looks good and well cared for... Nice pictures

  1527. #1527diamondtguy2017-06-01 00:43

    Found this picture of 40-91.Looks like she has been repowered...

  1528. #1528camptramp2017-06-01 00:49

    The #40-91 was a CZ Nanaimo Lakes truck new (1980) , it had a V 12 71 in it originally , that was upgraded to a twin turbo V 12 71 at Timberwest HBO , then upgraded to a 60 Series Detroit . The Pacific Logging P 16 was driven by Pete Walker , I don't know if the truck was bought new for the Div. or rebuilt . But Pete Walker was a Top Notch Logging Truck Driver and took very good care of what ever he was driving . It could have been powered by a MACK engine .

  1529. #1529diamondtguy2017-06-01 01:17

    A Mack engine...Interesting.Might explain the Mack mudflaps.. Thanks

  1530. #1530Blk prince2017-06-01 15:26

    Have to add to post 1523. This 40-79,I got her brand new with 2 trailers in Nitinat. She came with her sister 40-78. I will look in journals and see the date. Bp

  1531. #1531HDX2017-06-01 21:54

    Well just how many new Pacifics did you really get?????

  1532. #1532HDX2017-06-01 21:55

    Going down HBO way tomorrow with the lowbed Moving a grapple yarder

  1533. #1533Blk prince2017-06-01 23:16

    I got 2 brand new. 40-79 and 40-87. I had 40-83 New for one week but went back to the 40-79

  1534. #1534Blk prince2017-06-01 23:18

    Moving the yarder for someone else or bringing her back to Cameron/Sarita?

  1535. #1535HDX2017-06-02 07:35

    Going down to move one we hauled down a couple weeks ago. Took the back spar down just before the long weekend. Was a nice easy move Didn't have to contend with the powerlines., Don't think power lines are a problem today either. Will wait and see

  1536. #1536Blk prince2017-06-03 00:34

    So. How did the move go. All new roads for you? Did you need to take a pusher?

  1537. #1537HDX2017-06-03 01:32

    Yes Ian Went great. Moved the processor first then the grapple yarder. All down in the Ashburnham and 19 creek area. No on the pusher, Rob Harding had it all under control. You will love this ,Moved the yarder boom ahead because it was a real tight move. Kind of like threading a needle through the trees. Made it easier for Arnie to load/unload in tight quarters Was back at Cameron by 4:00.

  1538. #1538Blk prince2017-06-03 22:27

    You are parking truck and lowbed at Cameron?

  1539. #1539diamondtguy2017-06-04 00:13

    Hanks friend Rick is over on the Island hauling logs with his Freightliner at Beaver Cove.He took these pictures of some P-16's...Those look like some pretty big bunks on those trucks..The middle P-16 looks like it has a intercooler on the front and I notice the newer square headlights on a small window truck. Where is Beaver Cove ???

  1540. #1540Blk prince2017-06-04 01:07

    Diamondtguy,Beaver Cove is on northern end of the island. About 30 minutes south of Port MacNeil. If he is hauling for WFP then there is a large dry land sort there. Sort handles highway,off highway and rail cars. All coming in with loads. Those trucks may all belong to Lemare Logging. As you can tell. Some ex M&B units as well

  1541. #1541diamondtguy2017-06-04 01:25

    Thanks..They looked like ex M&B trucks but I only have the front shot..I believe he said they were dumping at Louise Point (?????) Nice to see them working..

  1542. #1542HDX2017-06-04 03:34

    All 4 of these Pacifics were from Sproat Lake Division. The big dump trailer behind the T346 was bought to haul Debris from Sarita Dry Land Sort to China Creek DLS. Was around 150 yard box. When it went to Lamar it was hooked to H318, HDX PreLoad. Last time I saw 318 was in their bone yard. Bunks are all 15 foot wide, Pacific PreLoad 60 ton Trailers. Interesting to see the legs have been removed from these trailers

  1543. #1543DBDLS2017-06-04 07:57

    Looks like the Timberwest Kokish sort just around the corner from WFP's Beaver Cove operation.

  1544. #1544Hank R2017-06-04 11:16

    Will see if Rick will get some more pictures for us. He said Lemare is in the middle of a rebuild on a P16 with a new DD16 in it.

  1545. #1545diamondtguy2017-06-04 23:41

    Is there a specific reason they take the legs off the trailers.???

  1546. #1546HDX2017-06-05 01:37

    Cory I think that it was because of damage to the bunks when loads are being pushed off. What will happen is when the load is being pushed off the truck /trailer sometimes a log or two will actually drop down and land on the leg . When this happens the log, crashing down on top of leg will bend it down under the weight. Then when it is bent down it will split the back side of the bunk open because that is where it is attached The stake hinge pin will tear the nut off the back side and then it is a big job to fix. You have to remove the stake, Heat up the bunk up and lift the leg back up with a loader or something to get the bunk to bend back into position. If I go back down to Sarita this week with the lowbed to haul the last yarder to the barge ramp I will take some pictures to show you what I mean. A couple pictures will explain what I am talking about. We ended up bone yarding trailers because the bunks were ripped open too badly and rather that fix them ,it was easier to scrap them. Back in the old days of M&B we had all the equipment and the welders had made up "Jigs" to fix this when it happened. When the new breed came into the picture they threw all that stuff into the scrap bin

  1547. #1547diamondtguy2017-06-05 01:53

    Thanks for the explanation.Doesnt that just create another problem tho.How to get the trailer off the 5th wheel and what to do with it once its off... I hope they at least save the legs.. New breed thinking runs rampant in our shop too.Tons of jigs,fixtures and tooling all scrapped.Surface grinder and broaching machine scrapped.Wonderfull stand up 600amp Miller tig welder scrapped cause the new guys didn't like it...I used it for years.It goes on.....Its all very sad..

  1548. #1548HDX2017-06-05 02:48

    YUP, I hear you Cory. As for the trailer thingie without the legs, Well what I do is get the log loader in the sort to hold up the reach after they unload me, I get him to lift the front of the reach up a little and then trip the 5th wheel. By doing this I can still smear grease all over the 5th wheel, Then we hook up the trailer again and off I go. If it is one thing you have to do it is to keep that 5th wheel greased. If there is a trailer reload around I will use it instead of the log loader to lift up the front of the trailer. Whatever works easiest.

  1549. #1549Blk prince2017-06-05 16:38

    Good to know. Did not know they had a sort going. Also,I was wondering if TW wood is hauled from Kyuquot to Kokish. That was a plan when South Island crews left and returned to Nanaimo Lakes. ThanksDBDLS

  1550. #1550BTC2017-06-05 22:21

    Kokish wood is the only wood sorted and scaled at the beaver cove TW sort Ian. That would be a pretty tough haul. Kyuquot to Kokish was it ever attempted? Be like going from the back of the Walbran to China creek.

  1551. #1551Blk prince2017-06-05 23:25

    BTC,the haul was not started when our crew headed out. Just about that time was the start of the tri-drives. So I was wondering if the haul started up. I think the old Canfor roads were going to be opened and cross the south end of Bonanza Lake. Does this seem possible?

  1552. #1552ravencrest2017-07-05 20:53
  1553. #1553diamondtguy2017-07-09 00:38

    Seen just west of Edmonton last night by one of Hank R's friends....

  1554. #1554diamondtguy2017-08-12 00:19

    So the 510S is now back in BC at its new home and owner. Pictures courtesy of Hank and I will let him fill in the details..

  1555. #1555diamondtguy2017-08-18 23:07

    Some pictures Hank took last week of a very nice P-9

  1556. #1556camptramp2017-09-03 00:37

    Mike Cross , These pictures may have been taken by Bob Hoar . Ex BCFP #6-261 , Timberwest #40-131 Pacific P 16 repainted and numbered H-8 by W H Moore Log , Ex BCFP #6-262 , Timberwest #40-132 Pacific P 16 repainted and renumbered H-7 by W H Moore log .

  1557. #1557diamondtguy2017-09-03 00:59

    Looks like H-7 has a 3408 in it.. Are all the truck numbers registered in some central location or do you guys just try and keep track of this on your own. Or....If you buy a truck and change the unit number on it do you register it.. ??? Interesting color....

  1558. #1558camptramp2017-09-03 01:17

    These two trucks were new at BCFP Caycuse Div. as they were in the Cowichan area where I worked off & on from 1966 to 2008 for BCFP and the companies that succeeded them , I know these trucks and know where some of them went when they left the area . Each Company has its own system of numbers . With Fletcher Challenge a number starting with #40- was an Off Highway Logging Truck , #41- was a Highway Logging Truck , #50- was a Steel Tower Yarder , #52- was a Grapple Yarder , #54- Was a a Line Log Loader . #56- was a hydraulic Log Loader . Yes H-7 has a Cat 3408 in it since it was new .

  1559. #1559diamondtguy2017-09-03 01:44

    OK..thanks.. The 3408 gives me a time frame on the build date of that truck..I would have been one of the guys who put it together when she was new.. Pretty sure the era of factory installs of the 3408 wasn't that big..

  1560. #1560camptramp2017-09-03 09:33

    Those two trucks were new to BCFP at Caycuse Div. around 1978 - 1979 .

  1561. #1561HDX2017-09-15 22:31

    Blkprince Need some help here. This old girl is currently the downtown fire protection for the community of Zeballos. They are replacing the old bridge in downtown . She is a Preload alright ,But was wondering if this is one of the trucks you were telling me about with the different trailer loading system. There is a ram under the 5th wheel ,but like the earlier truck's No way to load the trailer. There is two pedestals at the bottom of the water tank and two at the top on the back side of the saddle. Could not find a serial number on her. Only identification would be the fact that it is a Tahsis Truck. She would have been bought new by them and the unit number would have remained the same.

  1562. #1562HDX2017-09-15 22:34

    More.

  1563. #1563HDX2017-09-15 22:35

    More.

  1564. #1564HDX2017-09-15 22:36

    Last one.

  1565. #1565HDX2017-09-15 22:45

    Other than the shop built front fenders, She is in remarkable shape. Was very impressed by how well she is/was maintained. Could go back hauling anytime. Unit H-42

  1566. #1566diamondtguy2017-09-15 23:14

    Wow....Interesting..Never seen a dash like that.Guessing the truck is early 70's(???) I remember building trucks for Tahsis...

  1567. #1567HDX2017-09-16 00:40

    Don't know if Larry can come up with anything on her Cory. Maybe he can track her by her unit number and cross over to customer order (Tahsis)

  1568. #1568HDX2017-09-16 00:44

    I think the front bunk would somehow rest on the two top pedestals behind the saddle but not sure

  1569. #1569diamondtguy2017-09-16 01:10

    Larry is currently Kayaking in the Grand Canyon but I can ask.He should be back soon..Pretty sure he told me the only trucks that were traceable by unit number were Mac Blo. It is certainly worth looking into and I will ask.

  1570. #1570HDX2017-09-16 01:22

    OK Cory

  1571. #1571dirty4fun2017-09-16 21:13

    I sure hope someone realizes what is there and gets it to a safe spot and a rebuild before it lands in the scarp yard.

  1572. #1572HDX2017-09-16 21:27

    Jim, I think she is in good hands. She will continue to be a Fire Warden for a while longer.You could tell by the incredible tires she had on her that they care for her. You are right...It is good to see some of them still being used.

  1573. #1573dirty4fun2017-09-16 21:34

    Steve, I know you and many others appreciate these old trucks, I just would like to make it illegal to ever scrap or demolish one of these old trucks. Silly as it might sound when the lottery was so high if I had won I was going to buy up every old truck I could find and have each one returned to new condition. Nothing better than to buy one of the old plants and hire as many of the old workers as there were around to make them new once again. I did see that the tires looked to be real good condition!

  1574. #1574ATCme2017-09-18 14:19

    Man that would go perfectly with my P9. After this fire season i could use a water truck for our small community in the Kootenays. The Dash looks similar to mine which is an early 1973.

  1575. #1575HDX2017-09-18 18:43

    ATCme The truck itself is 11 feet wide across the rear tires.. God only know's what she is with the tank on the back. Buy the truck, Leave the tank and when you get her home, Just make a new adapt-a-tank. They were just a big tank with baffles in them and not a big dollar piece of equipment, That is till there is a fire and you have 3000-4000gals of water right away. Then they become priceless. All we use is a Wajax or Honda fire pump on top of them. When we had a fire they were the most valuable piece of equipment anywhere. We would at times have two short fire hose's running off the pump and two guy's on top of the tanker while we drove down the road hosing down the road side's. Worked very well.

  1576. #1576ATCme2017-09-18 20:18

    Is it for sale? I didn't see that. I have a tank here just need a truck to haul it. Just be easier if it came with one.

  1577. #1577HDX2017-09-18 21:17

    I don't know. I could find out. Maybe PM me and we will converse about stuff

  1578. #1578diamondtguy2017-09-18 22:41

    Tried contacting Larry at Pacific truck today regarding searching the early life of H-42 but he is not back till the first of October...I will try him then..

  1579. #1579HDX2017-09-18 22:50

    OK Cory Sounds good. Have not heard from Blkprince either

  1580. #1580diamondtguy2017-09-18 23:08

    Is BP ok....have not seen him on here for quite a while now...

  1581. #1581Blk prince2017-09-19 02:02

    Hello friends. Been away a few days. Also been neglecting the sites. Seems to be more on the Facebook agenda. Steve,I do not see the mounts for the ramps on the water tank. Did you get up in the cab and see any mounts for the hydraulic valves on the floor. Bp

  1582. #1582diamondtguy2017-09-28 22:58

    Some pics Hank found on his computer.These are SAR Trucks (South Africa Railway)There was 3 orders of them for a total of around 24 trucks.All 3 orders were different engines.I started at the tail end of the last run of trucks.I believe the very first truck I worked on was a SAR truck and the second truck was a P-16.. These pics may or may not be already on here.I don't recall ever seeing two of the pics.

  1583. #1583Hank R2017-09-28 23:08

    Thanks for posting the pictures Cory. I found in a folder dated 2010, and I can not remember as to how or who send to me . I really like the second one shows the size of the trucks. In August 1970 International Harvester company acquired 100% of Pacific Truck and Trailer. Pacific was a highly successful operation prior to acquisition. Throughout the 1970's production ran at around 30 units per month, with many trucks destined for operations overseas and the 500th truck built by Pacific left the plant in 1971. As a heavy-duty manufacturer Pacific was in a unique situation. Pacific was a small company which allowed it to adjust its product to comply with specific job requirements. In August 1971 Pacific received an invitation to tender four trucks from IH of South Africa. The South African Railway was to be the end user of these trucks. And were to be used in hauling 150 ton to 370 ton loads. Most of the loads were for Thermal Power Plants, although they could be used to haul any heavy loads. These trucks were 600 hp each. Pacific received the tender and advised International that it would not submit a quotation until Pacific's manager of sales engineering and product development Mr. Gwynn Jenkins had consulted with the final user. Mr. Jenkins went to South Africa September 1971. In the first week of October Pacific submitted a bid for a Model P-12 truck that had never been built. May 1972 Pacific was informed that it was the successful bidder. August 1, 1972 final layout and shop drawings were completed. November 22, 1972 all four units were shipped by ship to Johannesburg South Africa. Amazingly this full sequence of events from receipt of order to full service had taken only 12 months. In the 1970's 18 of these trucks were built, 5 of these trucks were built called Ultra with 800 hp, powered by a Cummins V-12-1710 rated at 800 hp. These trucks had huge radiators since they operated where temperatures would be 40 degrees C. From the top of the cab to ground was 13 ft. In 1973 the P-12 became a regular production truck. Hank

  1584. #1584diamondtguy2017-09-28 23:34

    I remember Gwynn Jenkins.He was a nice guy.His son worked there for a while as well.They were actualy our neighbours when we lived in Deep Cove and my Dad new him. In the second to last pic you can see the roof top rotator light on a hinged bracket.As they probably found out on the first truck...It wont clear the door..

  1585. #1585Hank R2017-09-29 22:14

    South African Pacific trucks I received in the mid 70's when down at the Pacific factory. This first I think of some going for a test drive. The second is a group waiting to get loaded on to the ship

  1586. #1586Hank R2017-09-29 22:16
  1587. #1587diamondtguy2017-09-29 23:04

    I am thinking the first pic above is a promo shot.From what I remember the trucks were only run around the local streets with minimum tires on them and the rear axel chained up to the frame.A tad to big for the city streets. That looks like Grouse Mountain in the back ground.. Two more pics from Hank....

  1588. #1588Hank R2017-09-30 08:30

    In the above picture the first two trucks were the smaller ones Pacific P12W3 (500hp) and the next truck and pusher are the Ultra Pacific P12W3 (800hp) This trucks were shipped Red and latter on repainted white. The above picture is from Dennis Child.

  1589. #1589Welder Dave2017-09-30 23:26

    What are they carrying? It must weigh several hundred tons judging by all the wheels and HP to move it.

  1590. #1590Hank R2017-09-30 23:37

    The load was travelling from Majuba Power Station through to Kendal Power Station around 300kms. The load has travelled two days and tonight is parked on a 14km dirt road about 18kms from the power station. The combination is as follows:- Overall length around 120metres Pacific P12W3 (500hp) - 40tons Pacific P12W3 (500hp) - 40tons Pacific Ultra P12W3 (800hp) - 50tons ULTRA NICOLAS beamed trailer 80metres long 288 wheels 12x12 axles capacity 350/400tons - unladen mass 220tons Load was a ABB Transformer 795MVA - weighing 350tons Rear Unit - Pacific Ultra P12W3 (800hp) - 50tons Gross combination mass - 745tons

  1591. #1591ben46a2017-10-02 17:52

    not my video but quite interesting.

  1592. #1592diamondtguy2017-10-02 23:32

    Not positive but the maybe the same video we watched at Pacific.We cleared some space on the production floor and set out seats.Everybody that worked for Pacific got to watch the film..It was nice to see our stuff at work.... Thanks for posting it...I will be saving it..

  1593. #1593Welder Dave2017-10-03 00:24

    Odd music. It almost sounded sinister in the beginning parts like something really bad was going to happen and then kind of goofy near the end. Heavy duty trucks Canada took a back seat to no one just like in many other industries and a lot of these companies are now non existent. What a shame...trucks, forestry equipment, graders and aircraft to name a few. Curious if any of these huge trucks are still running?

  1594. #1594diamondtguy2017-10-03 00:48

    Some one posted a while back in this thread that some of the trucks were rebuilt and put back into service...

  1595. #1595diamondtguy2017-10-03 22:53

    Hank is over on the Island visiting for a few days and sent me these today...Good looking truck..

  1596. #1596ben46a2017-10-04 17:57

    p512????? droooooooooolllll

  1597. #1597Hank R2017-10-06 20:58

    that P-512 is beautifull ready to work just waiting for a job , i bought a lottery ticket and hope it will be mine some day.

  1598. #1598Hank R2017-10-07 09:05

    Unloading the Ultra Pacific at the docks.

  1599. #1599Hank R2017-10-08 00:34

    Pacific's working hard on a heavy pull 1997 borrowed from Dennis Child.

  1600. #1600Welder Dave2017-10-08 14:55

    Great to see them working! If you had to change a wheel , how are you supposed to lift it? LoL

  1601. #1601Hank R2017-10-08 15:15

    At the right rear there is a lift, I am sure those tires are heavy.

  1602. #1602Hank R2017-10-10 08:23
  1603. #1603Hank R2017-10-10 11:48

    The Pacific trucks were used as prime mover from 1972 to 2006 for 34 years. In 2006 they were replaced with 4 Nicolas Tractomas D100. Powered with Cat 3412E DITLA 900 hp same as a Cat D 9. 10x10 trucks all 5 axles being driven. They were also going to rebuilt 2 of the Pacific Ultra trucks in 2006 and 07. I have lost contact with Dennis Child so I do not know how many more they rebuilt.

  1604. #1604Hank R2017-10-12 12:00

    Received from Shawn in Ontario and it has a date June 21/94 Sussex, New Brunswick

  1605. #1605diamondtguy2017-10-12 22:57

    Was never a fan of the glass nose Pacifics....but this was our new nose after after IH was gone.Meaning that's a Pacific cab not a IH one..It was nice to see/have Pacific cabs on all of our trucks not just the off highway trucks... I didn't hate the glass nose I just preferred the steel front end more..

  1606. #1606DBDLS2017-10-13 00:36

    I'm with you on that. No fiberglass for me either.

  1607. #1607Hank R2017-10-13 00:53

    Now a real Pacific from Ontario, P 12 taken March 1978

  1608. #1608Hank R2017-10-14 00:45

    Rick was south bound coming into 100 mile , and this P-16 was heading north at 1:15 today.

  1609. #1609HDX2017-10-14 01:07

    Blk prince This was or still is the truck Bill got new. She had the Cotta trans brackets still in her when down in Sarita SPR 570 rear diffs. When new had the GM engine I think. Do you remember her number?

  1610. #1610diamondtguy2017-10-14 01:23

    So....that would make her one of the two remaining 12V92T powered super trucks.??

  1611. #1611HDX2017-10-14 01:24

    Yes

  1612. #1612Blk prince2017-10-14 09:59

    HDX,Bill got 40-98. The other that came was 40-99. Because we had used 99 for our emergency call number,decision was made to go to 40-100. I think that truck ended up in CZ Kokish. Bp

  1613. #1613Blk prince2017-10-14 10:00

    Anyone have a clue to where this beauty is headed. A good life I hope. Bp

  1614. #1614Hank R2017-10-14 11:26

    Rick want to call on the radio and make contact with the driver and could not so it is any ones guess..

  1615. #1615Blk prince2017-10-14 11:29

    Hank R. That is too bad. Well she looks good for the start. Only hope she stays that way. Thanks for reply

  1616. #1616Hank R2017-10-14 13:11

    Rick thought that it had Dane developments on the door but not 100% sure.

  1617. #1617diamondtguy2017-10-14 13:22

    You are correct....Here she is.They currently have 15 P-16's and HDX's.HDX would recognize most or all of these trucks....

  1618. #1618diamondtguy2017-10-14 21:18

    I just looked through Danes inventory..Looks like a lot of the trucks from the Parksville compound including H-153..

  1619. #1619Hank R2017-10-14 21:27

    How much did that 12V92T have for HP???

  1620. #1620HDX2017-10-14 21:40

    Destination is Chetwynd Heard that the other day So might have changed by now. And yes ,all the stuff from Parksville has been relocated to Courtenay, Up at the old Camp/Shop yard of Crown Z's. Use to be at the "Y" on the road to Mt Washington. When heading north on the new highway right where the bridge over it says Comox Logging road ,that is where they are just to the right , But you have to access it from the back way

  1621. #1621HDX2017-10-14 21:43

    Have to go up there this coming week so if you want I will take some pictures and post them. If you want pictures of any specific truck let me know.

  1622. #1622Hank R2017-10-14 22:45

    Any Pacific pictures would be great .

  1623. #1623HDX2017-10-14 22:59

    OK Hank Will make a note to self "Pacific's"

  1624. #1624diamondtguy2017-10-14 23:36

    Hank...isn't that like asking your Chevy friend to take pics of the Fords he see's at the car show ???. Lets rephrase that and just say "pictures would be good thanks" What happened to all the trailers for these trucks.Are they piled up some where.I know nothing about Dane other than what I have read and seen pics of..I am guessing these trucks are in good hands now.(???)

  1625. #1625diamondtguy2017-10-14 23:39

    I am thinking they were around 500-525 HP.Much bigger engine than the 12V71 and I imagine they had huge torque.The 12V92 is just a tad smaller than the 16V71 cubic inch wise....

  1626. #1626Hank R2017-10-15 08:14

    Yes Cory your right any pictures would be great. Sorry HDX, even Hayes .

  1627. #1627Hoeguy2017-10-15 17:38

    Kawasaki green Pacific, what could be better!

  1628. #1628Hank R2017-10-20 00:46

    These are not my pictures I have tried to contact Mr. Baker and Scott but have not heard back in 6 days. The trailer is a 200 ton Columbia that last I heard is in Washington state, It was in Vernon until 2010

  1629. #1629Hank R2017-10-21 08:29

    Schneider Logging only had 1 P16 . this is at the Pacific factory. They had P9 and P10 trucks might be able to fine out today as to how many, if my contact makes it for coffee this morning.

  1630. #1630HDX2017-10-21 09:23

    Now that is not your normal everyday PreLoad truck!!! Very interesting to say the least. The entire turntable is part of the rear deck assy. I wonder what advantage to the adjustable stake positions on the trailer bunk But having said that , they are there for a reason. Still would have been a chore to move the stakes out to the outside position's Also it looks like a small ram installed on the rear truck apron..... We must get more picture's and info on this configuration. Looks very interesting. Jump in anytime Blkprince or diamondtguy

  1631. #1631DBDLS2017-10-21 09:48

    Good spotting HDX. Got me looking at it as well. What about the front section of the reach and the fuel and water tanks? As you said, 'Very interesting.'

  1632. #1632HDX2017-10-21 10:28

    This is a good picture of how un-driver friendly the cab step's and running board on driver's side was. Would have been an easy fix to extend the running board out a foot, put proper step's and add a catwalk around the cab/water tank area. Too many place's to slip and fall. Look's really good there but add mud and snow, as well as fuel and oil spill all over the surface's and it would get interesting. Of all the P16's I had anything to do with, The last series they built were without a doubt THE second BEST TRUCK's I ever had the pleasure of driving. Extremely well built and very well laid out from a drivers perspective.

  1633. #1633Hank R2017-10-21 11:51

    I could not find out about the trailer but did find out that Schneider only had 1 P-16 and was only used a very short time on a log haul. They had off highway hauls in the Kelowna, Peachland area. The roads would not handle the P-16, there were a few 849 KW's and some off highway Hayes as well. After words this truck was leased to BC Hydro for several jobs, and it paid for its self. Then BC hydro bought the truck from Schneider Logging. It was at the Hydro sub station on the Douglas Lake rd past Merritt for a few years. Have no idea where the trailer or truck ended up.

  1634. #1634hd542017-10-21 13:55

    was talking to hank about schneider p 16 this morning used only short time in bush the roads would not handle it bill run p 10 14 truck 12 trailer as the loads where tree length bob dingsdale has pictures on hanks one picture loading is bucked wood there is one of it in peachland yard on page five of the peaload lots diffence then the island and on page eight of his p 10 it let youno more in time

  1635. #1635Hank R2017-10-21 14:28

    Thanks hd54 I have a couple pictures of Bill's P10, Jim is working on finding how many he had I have 1 picture of his P9 also

  1636. #1636Blk prince2017-10-21 17:45

    Perhaps trailer was set for hauling all the wood butt ahead. Trailer loading is not one I ever saw. No rams along the frame. Notice what looks like stiff legs just back of fuel tank. Maybe everything could be detached from truck. Also that series with the muffler under running boards sucked. Way too hot in cab

  1637. #1637HDX2017-10-21 18:25

    I was wondering if those were to stabilize the turn table when in the down position Ian They look like they follow the rear deck, so when it came down onto the frame they would stand in the upright position to support the front corners of the turn table. Make any sense?

  1638. #1638Hank R2017-10-21 18:30

    Man you guys are smart for figuring this all out.

  1639. #1639hd542017-10-21 18:52

    if you look at bobs picture the bunk on trucks has cup n saucer hdx and blk prince look at it can figure more about this

  1640. #1640HDX2017-10-21 19:17

    That would be interesting to slither under the rear apron to set up the brakes on the back axle of the truck Ian. Still trying to figure out about the front part of the reach. Also Ian Would you think that is an air operated deck dog up on top of the deckboards above the cab?

  1641. #1641DBDLS2017-10-21 19:52

    HDX, pretty serious praise coming from you about the last series of Pacifics built.

  1642. #1642Hank R2017-10-21 20:03

    If this is the picture I am thinking it is not the same truck.

  1643. #1643Hank R2017-10-21 20:13

    When I did my Pacific story I talked with Bob and he gave me pictures and permission to use. I do not know if this picture helps???

  1644. #1644Blk prince2017-10-21 20:22

    Post 1644 solves part of the puzzle Hank. Good post. So the reach comes apart. Sure would like to know what this was designed for. Waiting for diamondtguy to come on board. As for post 1643,you are correct Hank. Totally different truck. Trailer loading setup is what I am familiar with on our newer P-16s. Similar to the HDX style

  1645. #1645Blk prince2017-10-21 20:27

    Also I do see a small cylinder on rear apron HDX. If we could see rear picture of the truck,we may be able to put a bit more lite on the puzzle

  1646. #1646HDX2017-10-21 21:04

    hd54, First off, Welcome to the site. Love your handle. Do you have one? A 1954 I mean. That 3/4 turn table is a puzzle alright. Like Blkprince pointed out, The side rams are not visable. The access oblong hole on the backside of the front bunk is also a puzzle. Only thing it would be for is to get at the King Pin. The long "Rat Tail's" for the stake straps would be a problem also.

  1647. #1647HDX2017-10-21 21:13

    Blkprince Yes that ram on the back of the truck had my attention also, We however must continue our "Autopsy". I wonder if in fact it was there to position the reach when hooking up or disconnecting from the trailer body. Might have been hand controlled so the driver could raise or lower the assy to get the pin out. and to be able to put the stabilizer leg in the right position. Just a shot. Sorry to all you guy's that don't have a clue what Blkprince and I are talking about. After we get his sorted out we will fill you in with understandable terminology.

  1648. #1648Hank R2017-10-21 21:35

    Cory we need your CSI skills.... Post 1644 looks like the dry sort above Peachland to me but I am not sure. I remember it but not to be 100% sure.

  1649. #1649camptramp2017-10-21 22:16

    Looking at the different style of preload trailer is interesting . My thoughts are , it was built to haul long perhaps full length logs , is there a compensator built into the reach to allow the truck to handle tight corners is the reach able to telescope to a longer distance between bunks ? The turn table attached to the trailer with a prop under the hitch allows the trailer to be stood up when the trailer is stood up on ground to be loaded while the truck is away dumping another loaded trailer . A second look at 1st picture , there is no King Pin 5th Wheel as is common on preload trailers as we are use to the bunk turns on the turn table there is a Ram under turn table to put preload legs down . Not quite sure how trailer is pulled up on truck off the ground .

  1650. #1650hd542017-10-21 22:19

    thanks hdx wish had 73 at one time. seen truck a few time once was sitting in town across from bud depot bobtail to vancouver biil had a good friend in town and may time hook to hydros lowbed was sitting behind hydro s shop in vernon there is one more picture of the front preload section trying to fine let hank post hank that is the peachland yard was thinking this setup would work like the rest of the selfloadeds around there

  1651. #1651hd542017-10-21 22:21

    think your right camptramp

  1652. #1652Hank R2017-10-21 22:29

    They were hauling tree length I remember some of the tops looked like they went into a pencil sharpner after 10 miles or more of road rash

  1653. #1653hd542017-10-21 22:41

    yes hank tree length on one of my may trips across the off highway road dam nere run up the tops of the off highway in front of me camp tramp if you look can see big rams there in front of preload setup not like the preloader on the island

  1654. #1654Hank R2017-10-22 08:41

    Schneider Logging P10

  1655. #1655diamondtguy2017-10-22 13:22

    Sorry guys..I don't know a bloody thing about that pre loader.It is certainly interesting.I don't like the lack of cat walks and don't like the fuel tank location or hanging in the breeze to fill it.. I read HDX's comment about the last generation of P-16's with a smile.. Pacific gave us a specific area to build P-16's and P-12's around 1978/79.These were still crazy years.Lots of work and lots of employee turnovers.The crew was very small and hand picked.I was one of them..Then came the recession ..When it ended it was a different time.Pacific fired back up again with a totally hand picked crew.Gone was all the rif raf..Small crews in every department..It stayed that way to the very end..For over a decade every P-16 and P-12 was assembled by the same few guys.I missed the last 2 or 3 P-16's but my DNA was on over 50 P-16's. Pretty much the same for the on road trucks..Same few guys for years.I got bored and quit after 10 years..I was at the very bottom of the seniority list when I left.Obviously a very dedicated and experienced bunch of guys.

  1656. #1656Hank R2017-10-22 14:04

    I just got off the phone with Bob Lind and he was Bill Schneiders best friend. This pictures is above Peachland and it is the P16 truck in background. He seems to think it was only used for 1 season and then truck was leased out to BC Hydro fro Transformer moves. Also Bill only had 1 P10 the red one and 5 or 6 P-9 trucks, not sure on the P-9 count. working on getting a few more pictures from the family.

  1657. #1657diamondtguy2017-10-22 14:18

    Check out the tops of the stakes...they have all been gas axed ...

  1658. #1658Blk prince2017-10-22 15:45

    The whole thing is very unusual

  1659. #16590752017-10-22 15:50

    There seems to be a ram just behind the step to get up on truck . Looks like it is only on drivers side nothing on pass side . Zoomed up to 300% to get good look

  1660. #1660Hank R2017-10-22 18:52

    A couple pictures with the low bed show s a Ran n each side.

  1661. #1661camptramp2017-10-22 22:51

    The water tank & fuel tanks have been switch to make a little more room to load trailer on deck of truck . Anything can be made to work , but I'm thinking that set up could be rather fragile , setting it up on a level parking lot would be one thing , but we all know that a landing out at a loading side could be less than perfect . Probably being loaded by a Frontend loader , lots of mud & wheel ruts . I've spent a lot of time on preloader's , swapped a lot of trailer's , but something tells me I was fortunate that I was not involved with that one . Looks like the turn table has been swapped for a 5th wheel for lowbed use .

  1662. #1662DBDLS2017-10-23 02:01

    HDX: Here is a picture of your fleet in Courtenay. Bit of a challenge to find them though. Got the location and route now.

  1663. #1663HDX2017-10-23 07:36

    DBDLS Have to go up and look at a lowbed up there this morning. Got a Wish List of the truck's wanted ,But god only know's what will happen. Bid was made for H14 and H119 and the lowbed, As well as the 7230 Long Pole log loader L32....Bid was declined. This was the ex Long boom that you checked out. All are still sitting in Sarita awaiting a barge at the end of the month, Three grapple yarder's and the L32. Man, All this stuff is through the roof pricey now. It is no wonder that everybody is having a tough time trying to assemble some sort of a logging plan. Industry does not want any old timers around so they got rid of any equipment that would require talent to run like the big line loaders and the old Madill grapple yarders. Old and Big is out, Small and fast easy move is in. NEW DAY IN THE FOREST I am told.

  1664. #1664Hank R2017-10-24 13:08

    Schneider Logging P 9 Kelowna 1963

  1665. #1665diamondtguy2017-11-02 20:39

    I really like this video..not so much because its a P-16 but the sound,the sight and the massive load...It impresses me.. Now...It is a P-16 so I had the file pulled on it..M&B Queen Charlottes.Truck was delivered Jan 22/81.Truck has a Big KTA 600 with a Allison and BD 91's..

  1666. #1666Hank R2017-11-02 20:43

    That is a real load for sure. Good find

  1667. #1667Hank R2017-11-24 21:09

    Just heard from a friend that there is a P 16 in Quesnel, Hope to get pictures for Sunday or Monday morning. Got me thinking could it be the Schmeider Pacific in topic 161 top of page???

  1668. #1668Drifter2017-11-25 20:38

    Looks Like sort yard up Bear Creek Main.

  1669. #1669Hank R2017-11-25 20:41

    Drifter your from Princeton right.. I talked to Jim and he said it was above Peachland

  1670. #1670Woodsey2017-11-27 19:31

    I have been going through some old photos. These are the only ones of me driving a Pacific. 400 big cam with a 5 & 4. 8 ton picker. Northwest Territories 1986. In the giant forest. On some frozen muskeg slop. Yee haw!

  1671. #1671Hank R2017-12-01 20:52

    Just received these pictures from a P 16 in a yard in Quesnel, when my friend comes home in 3 weeks he hopes the shop and yard are open for more information. I knew pictures are not the greatest but better than none.

  1672. #1672Doug19662017-12-05 10:16

    Hi did a little investigating myself on this, grew up in Quesnel so still have some contacts up there. Here's a couple shots of the truck when it first arrived up. May help the local expert identify. Grant McCloud is present owner.

  1673. #1673Hank R2017-12-05 12:04

    Thanks for the information Doug, Grant McCloud has a couple ex Allied concrete twin steer Pacific trucks as well . If I remember he bought 1 or 2 from Glacier concrete a year or so ago . Just heard from Bruce (post 1355) and he has sold his Tandem Steer Pacific (Allied's # 107) is going to Quesnel to Cloud Transport, they plan on Mounting a Stone Slinger on this one. They already have Allieds #119 Pacific with a crane on it. Now I am waiting for pictures of the Crane on it. Last edited: Oct 27, 2016

  1674. #167464Pacific2017-12-12 11:49

    Took some photos of the Cloud Transport trucks last fall, they're on the Pacific website, check the updates page.

  1675. #1675Blk prince2017-12-18 10:00

    Good morning Hank. Looks like winter where you are. Enjoy

  1676. #1676Hank R2017-12-18 12:36

    Your right we have 3 to 4 in of wet heavy snow and still coming down a snow blower day for sure. You guys getting snow for Christmas also??

  1677. #1677Hank R2017-12-20 16:53

    My friend Rick was in Quesnel the other day and sent me these of the P16

  1678. #1678Hank R2017-12-20 16:56

    I forgot 1 picture.

  1679. #1679Hank R2017-12-21 19:58

    This P 510 F was in Quesnel also this week I received from Rick. after hearing from our Pacific expert Cory..Yes..looks like early F series.International cab era..Some ones twin steer conversion on it...Interesting and nice to see it on the road.. So I am guessing mid 70's

  1680. #1680Drifter2017-12-21 20:32

    Live in Salmon Arm was born raised in Kelowna. Have spent some time in Princeton though.

  1681. #1681diamondtguy2017-12-21 20:40

    The very first tandem steer trucks we did were conversions on some steel front end trucks for Dow (don't remember the second part of the name) in the US.They ordered 26 trucks all a little bit different.They sent back a few of them and we installed New Way (I believe that to be it) suspension in the front and did the complete conversion.I did work on those trucks. The first production tandem steer was for Duke transport.Totally different approach from the engineers.They bought quite a few trucks..I remember very well doing the steering system and linkage..Pretty sure I did the majority of the assembly on this truck. I was proud enough at the time to have my picture taken with the truck.Picture is in a frame in my office/library.

  1682. #1682hd542017-12-21 22:18

    the twin steer was in vanderhoof

  1683. #1683Hank R2017-12-28 16:27

    I received from my contact in New Zealand this morning. A old ex KLC Pacific Thanks Mike Taken at a small truck show back in October 2007, I think the Pacific was a running but not able to be driven on the road, they had just unloaded it off a lowboy. Hopefully its still out there somewhere getting restored.

  1684. #1684Hank R2017-12-28 17:09

    Here is a picture of # 36 when it was a working truck in New Zealand.

  1685. #1685diamondtguy2018-01-01 18:28

    Looking for some pics today and found these pics in the wrong album.Taken with a typical teenagers camera in the late 70"s.We must have been very busy as cabs sitting on pallets was not the norm.They usually stayed on a cab dolley till install.

  1686. #1686Hank R2018-01-01 18:47

    Always nice to find a surprise, wonder where those trucks are now a days??

  1687. #1687ATCme2018-01-08 17:08

    Can someone make this picture slightly brighter? My damn iphone didn't capture what i wanted when i visited my site on new years.

  1688. #1688Hank R2018-01-08 17:21

    Can you give me the # of the picture it is the # beside the Quote and Like, and I will see if I can do it for you.

  1689. #1689ATCme2018-01-08 17:30

    The #1688?

  1690. #1690Hank R2018-01-08 18:21

    I need to know the # of the picture as it is black do not know what you were looking at. or else page # and which truck etc.

  1691. #1691Hank R2018-01-10 22:27

    I received these pictures of a P510F ?? that my friend Mike found near Gisborne New Zealand while on Vacation.

  1692. #1692diamondtguy2018-01-10 22:50

    Reposting Hanks pics...

  1693. #1693diamondtguy2018-01-10 23:07

    A couple more of Hanks pic's.If you look close it appears that Pacific removed the maple leaf from the grille insert and replaced it with a Kiwi bird.A nice touch..They certainly bought a lot of trucks.

  1694. #1694Hank R2018-01-11 08:06

    The last picture Cory posted is not mine it is borrowed. I am not sure but I think they were P510PF and only 2 that I know off that ended up in New Zealand

  1695. #1695ATCme2018-01-11 14:34

    So confused right now? I'm not quoting any picture i posted my own in that post. am i missing something?

  1696. #1696Bumpsteer2018-01-11 21:15

    Don't be confused, someone can brighten it up some.....looks like you got a good dumping of snow. Barely see the equipment......I can download & try tomorrow. Ed

  1697. #1697Hank R2018-01-11 22:41

    I tryed to do some thing with my Photo shop program and it told me the file is to small so I can not help you sorry do you hav bigger image of this photo??

  1698. #1698Bumpsteer2018-01-12 11:52

    Best I can do.....

  1699. #1699ATCme2018-01-17 13:24

    That is still way better than what i was getting out of my phone. It was just bad timing on my part. The moon was the brightest i had seen it and it just snowed the night before. I would have gone out the get a better camera but my site is a couple hundred km away from civilization. I can email the original to anyone who wants to try something else, just PM me. If anyone is wondering there is a 1973 P9 rock truck hidden under the snow.

  1700. #1700Betelgeuse2018-01-25 16:39

    What ever happened to these four behemoths in South Africa? Now You could turn these into campers with the little structure on the back

  1701. #1701Hank R2018-01-25 20:24

    All I know is 23 Pacific trucks were sold to South Africa, and 5 of those were Ultra with 800 hp and in January 2006 a major frame up rebuild was started and I believe they are still in use. The 18 small trucks are not in use and may be scrapped but not sure on that.

  1702. #1702Betelgeuse2018-01-31 09:33

    The wood box is creative! Using what you have on hand.

  1703. #1703Hank R2018-03-11 13:59

    These are not my pictures sent to me. Beyel Bros. Crane and Rigging P-16 and a pre 77 since it has small windows. Thanks Cory for information on this truck. Looks like this Canadian has found a warm dry place to work..

  1704. #1704Jumbo2018-03-11 14:40

    There are a couple of other pictures of the same truck, posts 548 and 551. It gets around.

  1705. #1705diamondtguy2018-07-12 00:58

    This is the ex Mac Blo P-12 discussed earlier.Totally rebuilt last year(by Pacific/Coast Power Train) and has been waiting for a buyer.Sold last month and has gone to Alberta.If it ends up in Ft Mac I will hear about it...It may very well be the last truck they do as Rollie has retired...... but I am not and Larry knows I will come if called..

  1706. #1706HD Mech2018-07-12 01:05

    Whoever bought it is getting a super nice truck. Guaranteed to give lots of life!

  1707. #1707diamondtguy2018-07-12 01:07

    Rollie is a quiet guy and I worked with him for 10 years.We got along well.He was our road tester and was the "only" one for years.He started at Hayes and was at Pacific till the end.He worked at Grizzly Truck for a short stint as well.For the most part he spent his life looking after Pacific Trucks.He and Mike Cannon were the primary guys on the build of the last Pacific built for Soda Springs.A talented man and I have the utmost respect for him.....I have many memory's of working with him..... Rollie saying good bye......

  1708. #1708BTC2018-09-26 07:24

    DiamondTGuy, I have a request for you 1977 built P16 WFP Unit #2212 Serial Number T771181051 Would you be able to tell me where she went brand new, looking for a bit of history. Her new life is going to begin shortly, picking her up next weekend and she is going to be made into a 3 axel ramp truck. Yes of course she will be painted Red and White and with Steve's permission will be assigned H-12. Thank you and have a good day.

  1709. #1709diamondtguy2018-09-26 16:15

    Here you go....Built for the Mac Blo Saritta Div...Unit # H-64 when new.Delivered Nov 15/77...If you send me your email I will send you the whole BOM...Info courtesy of Larry at Pacific Truck..I didn't read the whole thing but it was a 12V71N/Allison 5960 and BD 91,000 rears. Please post pics of the refit......

  1710. #1710BTC2018-09-26 19:18

    Thank you for that, makes it even easier H64 it is. I'm sure there will be a truck driver from Sarita that can inform us of the history (Drivers etc) HDX!!

  1711. #1711BrentFr2018-09-26 22:42

    The P16 pictured in post# 1609 is one Hugh Frechette worked on when he was at Dane's (wasn't too happy with the paint choice), that truck is now back in Courtney at Jenna equipment Corp. along with all the rest of the trucks from Parksville. The green machine was out on a rent to own, but the potential buyer sent it back. Check out the website, got a few pictures.

  1712. #1712HDX2018-09-27 01:05

    BTC. Doug Terry came down from North Island (WFP) and bought three of the old girls. They were parked up in the back lot at Cameron Division, and their futures uncertain. He came down and bought H64, H141, and H234 All three P16 Conventional trucks.H234 was a 1986 P16 Glider. All three would be gone over and put back to work The last time I saw the H64 , Was last year when we went on a quick road trip to North Island... Was good to see an old friend once again. I did however lose track of the H234 and the H141 and to come across this one was just a great time. Was good to see she was still partially in service. She came with two sister trucks H65 and H66. Mike Murphy spec'd them all out the same. V12-71-N 59-60 Allison and 91,000 Clarks 14 foot bunks.. 60 Ton trailers. The next P16 he ordered (1977) would be also a Conventional ,Only it would have a 3408 PC engine in her but same trans and rear ends.H67. Terry Haugen got the H-67 new and stayed on her till 2001 when he was seduced over to the dark side and went onto a highway KW till he retired. H67 would be badly damaged in a run-away up on BR 139 in 2002. Hayes Forest would inherit her and she was cut in half behind the water tank. They had bought a P16 Preload truck(Small Window Cab) from one of the contractors in Alberni and because they did not believe in PreLoad trucks, She would be cut in half and the rear half of the H67 would be welded to the front half of the preload truck This gave it a proper turntable and rigging. She is still in use today. It was one of the IPL trucks with an 18 speed trans in it H143. She was bought by a logging contractor up in Mahatta River. He would sell her eventually and now has a different owner. 075 can fill in the blanks and maybe get a current picture of her. H65 was rebuilt at Franklin and H66 would have a Mack E9 engine installed coupled to a 12 speed Mack Trans. Gary Cather's got H66 new and stayed on her till he went onto the H140 (H14) in 1989. H66 would be transferred over to Sproat Lake Division and that was the last we saw of her. I suspect she was part of the fleet that Lamare inherited when the big Weyco Garage Sale. H64 had a number of drivers on her and I will just check to make sure of the drivers before posting the rest of the info

  1713. #1713BTC2018-09-27 22:24

    Thanks for that Steve.

  1714. #1714Hallback2018-09-27 23:02

    Awesome history! I would love a Pacific to put a line horse onto.

  1715. #1715HDX2018-09-29 13:13

    Jack Cote got H64 new and stayed on her for a few years before transferring to Cameron division where he would get a new Mack Highway truck. She would then go through a number of different drivers before being unceremoniously abandonded in the Cameron yard. All the "New" drivers wanted the big power trucks and always found a reason not to take any of the old V12 trucks out. Do you know if the new owners of H64 got the trailer with her?? Just might be interested in any surplus to them parts LOL. They will probably remove the logging rigging. Compensator bar ,Bunk and Water tank and trailer etc. Will look forward to seeing her "Work in Progress" pictures.

  1716. #1716HDX2018-10-09 22:26

    This is pure nostalgia, That's all

  1717. #1717HDX2018-10-09 22:28

    Last two,

  1718. #1718HDX2018-10-09 22:31

    The old blister is slowly getting use to me now,

  1719. #1719Blk prince2018-10-09 22:37

    Looking awesome. Tires doing good?

  1720. #1720diamondtguy2018-10-09 22:47

    Very nice.....Its nice to see the trucks and drivers back doing what they enjoy.... Is that a 3406 in H03 ??????

  1721. #1721HDX2018-10-10 22:03

    H02 and H03 both have the C15 Cat H01 and H04 as well as H06 have the 60 Series Detroit

  1722. #1722diamondtguy2018-10-12 22:58

    I found this pic a while ago and sent to Larry@Pacific truck to do some research on...Three trucks were built(circa mid 70's).First I knew of a RHD P-16 and first I knew of P-16's being exported...Power was 12V71N's,5960 Allison and BD 91,000. Man in front is long time assembly shop foreman Bill Lang...

  1723. #1723Hallback2018-10-12 23:09

    Man, a P16 for a line truck would be sweet for Pacific Logging & Processing Inc!

  1724. #1724Hank R2018-10-12 23:11

    Hi Cory this is what I had in my story, on Pacific trucks. The 1970's were good years for Pacific Truck and Trailer. Pacific trucks were sold to places as Swaziland, Tasmania, New Zealand, North Borneo, Philippines. Pacific trucks were hauling sugar cane in Hawaii, Hydro-electric generating equipment in India and Africa and logs and coal in western Canada and USA. There was a fleet of P-12-W3 trucks to a coal mine in Soda Springs, Idaho. These trucks had Detroit Diesel 16V71T engine 615hp and were pulling three bottom dump trailers with a total weight of 250 tons. 12, P-16 trucks were sold to North Borneo Timber in Malaysia. 15 years later 1987, these trucks returned to Canada and were converted to left hand drive for use on Vancouver Island, since is was very unlikely that a B.C, logger would want to sit on the other side of a logging truck to drive. These trucks had Detroit Diesel 12V71 engines, Allison 5960 automatic transmissions, Clark VT91 rear axles, and 1400x25 rubber. They were imported by West World Truck and Equipment of Vancouver, They were converted to Left hand drive .

  1725. #1725diamondtguy2018-10-12 23:19

    Hank.....The Malaysia thing rang a bell with me as did the trucks returning to BC to be put back in service...Problem was I couldn't remember if it was Hayes Trucks or Pacific's... I always thought the Soda Springs P-12's were as you said V16 Detroits.The last truck built tho was a 3412 Cat if I am not wrong.Were the first two trucks indeed 16V71T's or were they Cats as well ????.I have been called on it a few times....

  1726. #1726Hank R2018-10-12 23:23

    My thinking cap is not on right, drawing a blank for now sent E-mail to you.

  1727. #1727Hank R2018-10-12 23:31

    In April 1987 issue of Trucking Canada , published this.

  1728. #1728HDX2018-10-17 23:25

    H03 today

  1729. #1729Bumpsteer2018-10-17 23:30

    Awesome! Thankyouverymuch. Ed

  1730. #1730Hank R2018-10-26 16:49

    I received from a friend in New Zealand Mike. Here are the Pacific,s that Barry Caulfield is going to keep in his collection, some have been restored, while others need a little TLC and a bit more. Its good that he is going to keep these.

  1731. #1731Hank R2018-10-26 16:55

    I have 5 more pictures but will not me upload right now.

  1732. #1732diamondtguy2018-10-26 23:15

    The rest of Hanks pictures....

  1733. #1733diamondtguy2018-10-26 23:16

    Two more......

  1734. #1734loggers son2018-10-28 04:10

    The white one above in Barry's collection when she was new

  1735. #1735diamondtguy2018-11-12 20:06

    I forgot I had this...Here is the P-12 at its new job in Alberta..Photo courtesy of Scott at the Pacific Truck Club.... I still think the truck needs a visor on it....JMO

  1736. #1736HD Mech2018-11-13 01:25

    I agree with you diamondtguy!

  1737. #1737RCP572018-11-15 23:55

    Tuesday was a good end to a quick camping trip.... Surrounded by elephants.lol

  1738. #1738petepilot2018-11-16 00:13

    aw awesome trucks sure would like to try one out

  1739. #1739Doug19662018-11-27 23:39

    Hi, a modelling project I'm working on, figured some might find interesting. BCFP Pacific P510S and Knight trailer. Been getting lots of help from Larry at Pacific, BIG THANKS to Larry. And also Dan Peters for letting me climb all over 'the trailer' for this truck. Thanks Doug. url= https://flic.kr/p/21ojZjn ] [/url] PACIFIC and Knight NEW by dougsscaletruckreplicas , on Flickr IMG_0008 by dougsscaletruckreplicas , on Flickr Front spring1 by dougsscaletruckreplicas , on Flickr IMG_0148 by dougsscaletruckreplicas , on Flickr IMG_0016 by dougsscaletruckreplicas , on Flickr IMG_0010 by dougsscaletruckreplicas , on Flickr

  1740. #1740diamondtguy2018-11-28 00:43

    Very nice...Larry is a lot of help with his drawings and all things Pacific....

  1741. #1741Hallback2018-11-28 08:15

    Very cool! Lots of discipline in that!

  1742. #1742Doug19662018-12-29 15:01

    HI found this brochure buried in my desk, thought some might enjoy! Diamond T Guy recognize anybody?? COVER by dougsscaletruckreplicas , on Flickr PAGE 2 by dougsscaletruckreplicas , on Flickr PAGE 3 by dougsscaletruckreplicas , on Flickr PAGE 4 by dougsscaletruckreplicas , on Flickr

  1743. #1743Doug19662018-12-29 15:04

    Also have this one, merely coincident that I'm making a model of the BCFP truck on this one had these since the late 80's early 90's. KINIGHT TRAILER by dougsscaletruckreplicas , on Flickr

  1744. #1744diamondtguy2018-12-29 16:03
  1745. #1745KPhelps2019-02-09 19:46

    A mix of P-16s and HDXs seemingly headed for the boneyard at Nanaimo Lakes dry sort.

  1746. #1746Hank R2019-02-09 19:52

    Sad day for sure.

  1747. #1747HDX2019-02-10 00:39

    That blue HDX there is ex BCFP unit number 6-247. The hydraulics should be still mounted under the truck bunk for lifting the bunk to hook up to the lowbed. Although it looks like a Pacific, It is a Hayes These all belong to Gary Horseman.. Sure is a sad sight to see them like this. I am quite sure they will not be cut up or scrapped. there is too much of them there for such a thing to happen. They are being used as parts to keep a few of the others running. Would have to look then over in person to identify some of the others. The HDX with the stripes on the front bumper was a Warren Trousdale truck

  1748. #1748Hallback2019-02-10 09:48

    I really want one of these as a line horse. If anybody knows of one available send me a PM or feel free to call or text me. 360-590-2768

  1749. #1749Hank R2019-06-04 11:01

    At the RB sale in Edmonton.

  1750. #1750Hank R2019-06-04 15:27

    A little shot from the air hose and a dusting and your good to go.

  1751. #175164Pacific2019-06-05 00:25

    That truck is a beast, hope it finds a good home!

  1752. #1752John Shipp2019-06-05 14:49

    Would make a beast of a line horse for Hallback...

  1753. #1753Hank R2019-06-05 16:28

    Or he could Haul logs with out a trailer on that off highway

  1754. #1754mowingman2019-06-05 20:29

    That would be a great truck for the west Texas oilfields.

  1755. #1755Hallback2019-06-05 20:53

    Oh how I would love to have that, all of my off Highway moving needs on a flatbed truck!

  1756. #1756Hank R2019-06-05 22:07

    If you cat does not start just use your Gin poles and winch and pick it up.

  1757. #1757Hank R2019-07-07 18:45

    Does any one know what truck this is, a friend in Ontario seen it on Facebook at first I thought it could be a Hayes, but I was told I may be wrong so any one know??

  1758. #1758diamondtguy2019-07-07 23:41

    certainly no expert on vintage Pacifics but If I had to guess I would say a early to mid 70's P-12.I don't believe they had a P-10 then...

  1759. #175964Pacific2019-07-10 19:03

    I would guess that it is a 1967 to 1969, I will do some digging and see what I can find. The first P10 that I have a record of was a 1965, the 268th truck built for Jorgensen Ventures Ltd; the P9, P10, P14 and P16 were all products of 1965, not sure when the first P12 hit the scene...

  1760. #1760wiggle wagon2019-07-10 20:57

    There are examples of P10's into the early 1970's that have more or less the same look to them. This is a 1972. (Pic credit:Flickr.)

  1761. #1761Hank R2019-07-10 21:45

    This is a 969 P10 here in Princeton a few years ago. 335 Cummins with a 6 and 4 speed

  1762. #1762diamondtguy2019-07-12 23:56

    This is a copy and paste of what I put on Facebook......It belongs here as well.. Pacific Truck had this built by a man in Prince George for a retirement gift for Rollie.Rollie retired about 16 months ago.Rollie started at Hayes and pretty much spent his whole career at/with Pacific.I worked with him for 10 years.Anyways Rollie is moving and doesnt have room for it.He hoped Larry (Pacific Truck) or myself would like it..I purchased it today and will make room for it...The detail is unreal.There is no paint on it.Just stained wood.Larry obviously supplied him with drawings....I will post more pics when I get it set up .It is aprox 24" long....Cory

  1763. #1763diamondtguy2019-07-12 23:57

    more..

  1764. #1764diamondtguy2019-07-12 23:58

    last two

  1765. #1765HD Mech2019-07-13 03:55

    Oh My Gosh! That is amazing! What a craftsman to build that!

  1766. #1766diamondtguy2019-07-19 22:23

    Was searching through a drawer in my old buffet looking for some 427 Ford emblems and I found this...I found it at Pacific in the back of a bin..I believe its P-9 stuff...It is new... Emblem was long out of use when I started there..

  1767. #176764Pacific2019-07-20 10:48

    Interesting,I have seen one or two of these but never in older photos mounted on a truck. I wonder what the story is...

  1768. #1768wiggle wagon2019-07-21 17:22

    Okay. Good pictures of these are kind of hard to come by and I borrowed this from 64 Pacific's site just to put one up. But is this the front emblem from the BC Highways 4X4 cabovers? If you want me to take the pic down, I will, Scott. No problem.

  1769. #1769Hank R2019-07-21 19:29

    It is my picture and no problem. Some of the old boys in town remember those trucks but no good pictures.

  1770. #1770Hallback2019-07-21 20:31

    What an amazing job of craftsmanship, detail and endurance to build that model. Absolutely amazing! I bet you are very proud to have that especially with the story behind it. Thank you for sharing.

  1771. #177164Pacific2019-07-22 10:20

    All good with me, the intent of the website (and Hayes as well) is to have an online public reference to help with exactly this sort of query while documenting the trucks. It would be great to find those old plow trucks, or at least confirm them being converted into a Honda fender. I have a suspicion that they are still around somewhere waiting to be found...

  1772. #1772wiggle wagon2019-07-22 19:31

    You could be right about maybe one of the old plow trucks still being around. I'd doubt all of them still exist but I could believe one might. On the Facebook page I lamented that all the Hayes MD250's were gone and somebody posted a couple pictures of one. And at one point I'd accounted for all four P9's built in '74. Never say never. These trucks always surprise me.

  1773. #1773Hayesno12019-08-17 04:15

    P16 parked in Campbell River

  1774. #1774Greatwestcam2019-08-24 22:46

    Old and rusty, not much time left.

  1775. #1775Hayesno12019-08-24 23:45
  1776. #1776Greatwestcam2019-08-25 10:52

    H 29, old Percy Logging unit, then went to Powell Daniels Contracting when they bought out Percy's Powell lake division. 1977 P-10. had a Cummins 350, 6 & 4 trans and 70000 lbs. Clark planetary when I drove it, would put small 9 ft bunks on it for winter show hauling when we dumped into the lake. Nice to see you back in P.R. again Kim

  1777. #1777Hayesno12019-08-25 15:19

    Thank you for the information - I was told that Olympic Forrest bought the truck a year ago. Yes it is good to be back in BC. I am travelling with my son and his wife and their infants - 1-1/2 year and 2 month so I have not been able to do much searching for off highway logging trucks as we have been travelling in 1 Van. But I will return alone next year or the year after. I have stayed 3 week on the Island and I did not even had time to visit Steve. Then 1 week in Halfmoon Bay and now I have returned to Vancouver where we will stay until Friday for returning to Denmark. But I will return to the Island and Powell River next time.

  1778. #1778Hayesno12019-08-28 12:22

    Another P16 - Olympic Forrest

  1779. #177964Pacific2019-08-28 23:14

    That is quite the old truck, any info on it?

  1780. #1780Hayesno12019-08-29 17:46

    I think it was for sale some years ago at foresttech - I´ll have to check up when I get home. Tahlis??

  1781. #1781Hayesno12019-08-29 17:49

    P16 seen better days...

  1782. #178264Pacific2019-08-29 18:35

    I stumbled upon a document showing that the 1962 plow was in Revelstoke on May 8, 1970... Any old truck wreckers in that area?

  1783. #1783Hayesno12019-09-01 00:26

    P16 used for spare parts

  1784. #1784diamondtguy2019-09-18 23:06

    Got a pic today from a friend in Ft.Mac...Another P-16 sent there and put to work.Larry at Pacific confirmed it for me.My pic is the side shot,Larry gave me the two shots of her in the shop.. Ex CZ Super Truck rebuilt by Dane Development.The 12V92TT is long gone....

  1785. #1785Hayesno12019-09-24 15:17

    I went by Lake Lemare Logging shop for taking pictures. I afsked the boss for permission to take pictures of their equipment but sadly I was denied to take any pictures. While talking to the boss my sister took a few pictures from our van - good sister. I hope someone Else gets permission to take some pictures cause LLL got a lot of big off highway trucks. Most are P16 but they have a few KW as well. I am not sure if they have some Hayes left. I could not see any but there might be some parked behind the shop where most of the trucks are parked. Great place to visit if you get a permission.

  1786. #1786Hank R2019-09-24 17:46

    Thanks for your effort in trying for pictures.

  1787. #1787Truck Shop2019-09-24 20:12

    Great photos! I like seeing those big loggers.

  1788. #1788John Shipp2019-09-25 03:50

    Super sister. What a yard, some iconic yellow iron parked there.

  1789. #1789Hayesno12019-09-25 15:00

    Thank you Hank R, Truck Shop and John Shipp and more, From my first visit to British Columbia in 1980, I must admit I was completely fascinated by the logging industry, where especially the big off highway logging trucks have had a very special place in my heart. And it was no less so in the year 2000 when I for the first time had the right time to explore Vancouver Island, where I among others met “Mr. Hayes ”(HDX). His enthusiasm and knowledge of Hayes trucks in particular, but also other logging truck makes, set me the goal of trying to find and photograph as many Hayes and other off highway logging trucks as possible before it was too late. (The production of the big off highway logging stopped in the mid-80s and Hayes even as early as 1975) I have since visited Vancouver Island on several occasions and I have met lots of lovely and interesting people as well as taken thousands of truck pictures which I hope others have and can enjoy among others here on this forum. And the weird thing is that now, 20 years later, after my first real visit to Vancouver Island, there are still some off highway logging trucks that are operational even though it is getting very defficult to get spare parts for them. So, my mission is not yet accomplished - I have to go back to The Island.. Sorry I have an addiction - OFF HIGHWAY LOGGING TRUCKS....

  1790. #1790Truck Shop2019-09-25 21:11

    I'm just like you Hayesno1, I went for my first ride in a truck trailer rig in 1963 at the ripe old age of eight. I caught the bug and it never went away. Below is a picture of what I rode in for my first ride. She was a true Queen in her day owned by Nello Pistore si and driven by his son Corky, they had a nice fleet. Sorry for the use of the photo but it is the only one I have ever found of their rigs.

  1791. #1791Tugger22019-09-25 23:05

    This is a bit off topic, but a great looking old Pacific that was used a bit differently then most. I came across this ad on Craigslist tonight . https://vancouver.craigslist.org/rds/hvo/d/langley-township-northwest-1962-pacific/6986716930.html

  1792. #1792Birken Vogt2019-09-25 23:20

    Push to apply, pull to release on the Sealco truck and trailer valves. I remember my dad taking me places in an ancient Ford C-series truck that had a chrome knob in the center of the dashboard the same way. Reach up and bop the thing down with your fist when you wanted to park.

  1793. #1793Tugger22019-09-27 08:52

    I started my career with this company. Looking at a blow up picture of the trailer bunk i could recognize the the stake pocket reinforcing we did on the bunks with 2"plate . Looking further along the picture there was the old company name.Frank was very good to work for.

  1794. #1794Doug19662019-09-27 10:03

    they were arch logging trucks. doug

  1795. #1795Hayesno12019-09-28 04:09

    Here she is way back in 2012 (Frank Beban) - I thought she was heading for the scrap yard so it was good to see her this summer.

  1796. #1796Hayesno12019-09-28 04:18
  1797. #1797John Shipp2019-09-28 08:07

    Hayesno1, in post 1782, this summer LH15 looked a bit healthier for having a complete set of wheels on, is the truck still getting use from what you could see? Cheers.

  1798. #1798Tugger22019-09-28 11:55

    Thanks for the pictures.I remember taking one when it was brand new at Naka out to pull a lowbed up Cederstat hill in the late 70s,couldnt say wether it was H15 though.It was a cool for me as a shop guy to get that opportunity. I think the company had 2 P16 s at Naka Creek and three up at Lyell I in the late 70 s and 80s . Wonder where the others got to?

  1799. #1799Hayesno12019-09-29 02:44

    I think she is still in operation but I am not sure. Pictures were taken just outside of Campbell River.

  1800. #180049pacific2019-09-29 02:49

    The owner was going to work her and his hdx this last year but last min teal jones changed there mind and wanted to use high way trucks and haul to the sort in duke point instead of dumping the wood in the Alberni canal. They have been looking at job out of tofino next so it will be put back to work up there hopefully next year

  1801. #1801Hayesno12019-09-29 03:09

    Thank you 49pacific for information - good to hear she will be back in operation. I did not see the owners HDX. Hopefully next time.

  1802. #180249pacific2019-09-29 11:23

    Hayesno1 I have his hdx parked at my parents shop in port right now doing some work to it.

  1803. #1803Hayesno12019-09-29 14:14

    Good to hear - I hope I will see her next year.

  1804. #1804Hank R2019-10-07 20:07

    My friend Rob found the Ex Fred Sowchuk P 12 Thinking this is the #4 truck from when I was there. I work for Fred for a few years in the 1970's Truck is near Grimshaw Alberta, Berwyn. This # 4 from the 1980's can not remember the date when I took it. Fred did not believe in air tailgates, his thoughts were that every 1/2 hr or so the drivers could get off there as_ for a check on rear tires etc, as we worked 24 hrs a day. #4, it was the only P 12 with rubber block rear suspension ,

  1805. #1805Hank R2019-10-07 21:10

    If it is the #4 truck unless box was switched it is a 1975

  1806. #1806Doug19662019-11-14 22:49

    Hi, Thought you Pacific guys would like to see how my model is progressing, IMG_0404 by dougsscaletruckreplicas , on Flickr IMG_0405 by dougsscaletruckreplicas , on Flickr IMG_0406 by dougsscaletruckreplicas , on Flickr IMG_0407 by dougsscaletruckreplicas , on Flickr IMG_0411 by dougsscaletruckreplicas , on Flickr IMG_0413 by dougsscaletruckreplicas , on Flickr IMG_0416 by dougsscaletruckreplica

  1807. #1807Hank R2019-11-14 22:50

    Great job your doing Doug

  1808. #1808DBDLS2019-11-14 23:07

    Fine looking job.

  1809. #1809diamondtguy2019-11-15 00:06

    Pretty cool....looks great.

  1810. #181064Pacific2019-11-16 23:12

    Impressive!

  1811. #1811Hayesno12019-11-17 03:55

    Awesome Dough - what scale?

  1812. #1812Doug19662019-11-21 11:54

    Thanks, 1/25 will be this truck LOADED by dougsscaletruckreplicas , on Flickr

  1813. #1813camptramp2019-11-21 22:54

    I remember taking that picture . Master Mechanic at BCFP Renfrew Div. Brian Dickson had been asked by someone for some pictures of a Highway Pacific Logging Truck loaded . As I kept wax on the #6-284 , he asked me take some pictures of it . I was hauling from Ernie Harrison running the #16-15 a 7220 American log loader up Reid Cr. off the Braden Cr. M/L . Some loads were legal highway loads going to Shoal Island DLS , some were off highway loads going to Honeymoon Bay DLS . I told Ernie what I was up to , so he put a load of Hemlock and Balsam on the truck to go to Honeymoon Bay DLS . I don't know how many Cubic Meters were on the load , but I seem to recall it weigh somewhere's around 74,000 - 75,000 K.G. I took the pictures , then gave the pictures and negatives to Brian . Now I see those pictures showing up in other collections . I really don't mind , but I really kick myself in the "Butt" when I see them that didn't get and keep a set for myself !

  1814. #1814Doug19662019-11-24 12:10

    Hi Al. Need to pick your brain. Is this the oringinal reach on the trailer? Thanks Doug. IMG_0106 by dougsscaletruckreplicas , on Flickr

  1815. #1815camptramp2019-11-24 23:42

    Its to bad you didn't get hold of me when you were in Duncan , I could have given you the history of the over sights and modifications made to the trailer and rigging. My spelling is not the greatest and my keyboarding is worst . There were a lot of changes made to the trailer and rigging , by the Renfrew Div. shop . I'll try to bring up some pictures to show you the extra scrap iron that was on the draw bar from Knight Trailers . I guess they thought that we were hauling long logs , as the trailer reach could be extendible , which we never did with it .

  1816. #1816camptramp2020-01-17 00:22

    Went down to Victoria last Saturday , spent a couple of hours with Doug W. he is doing wonderful work on his P510S model . The attention to detail is unbelievable , I am looking forward to the completed model . His other completed models are a sight to behold .

  1817. #1817Doug19662020-01-17 19:35

    Hi, Thanks Al. It was great meeting you and getting some insight into my project. Your albums were a treat to go through too!! Doug.

  1818. #1818Hank R2020-02-03 21:58

    This P 12 is the truck that Coast Power Train did a total rebuild on. Truck is now in Northern Alberta at the Tar sands working. Trailer is a Peerless and I borrowed this Photo from Peerless.

  1819. #1819diamondtguy2020-02-03 22:58

    Good pic of her working... For those that don't know the story that truck was built for Mac Blo when new.Its H272 and and it's data tag is stamped June of 1979.Originally built with a 3408 Cat.Now has a Cummins.I actually remember working on it..I had just turned 20 when the truck was finished.. Pic of the remains when found..

  1820. #1820Steve Frazier2020-03-22 20:20

    Came across this video I thought the Pacific fans would appreciate. The pusher truck is a Pacific

  1821. #1821Jumbo2020-03-22 20:55

    I have seen their Pacific both in Charleston and Savannah. Each time they were pulling loads off barges.

  1822. #1822crane operator2020-03-29 09:50

    Sold last week in atlanta, at the ritchie bros sale. 1977, 16v92, 28,000lbs front, 130,000lbs rears according to the sale listing. It brought $8,000. Looks like lampson colors, but I don't know who the last owner would be.

  1823. #1823Welder Dave2020-03-29 12:35

    Seems like a pretty good deal for a super heavy duty truck. Did it come with ear plugs or were they extra?

  1824. #182464Pacific2020-03-29 20:37

    Burkhalter owned that truck prior to the sale, before that it bounced around a little but it started off its life in Quebec at Abestos Corp. pulling bottom dumps.

  1825. #1825Chopper952020-04-03 16:32

    Man did I just go into a panic trying to find these photos, thought they had been lost or deleted for a second...only took a year to post them up. Taken March of 2019 in Awakeri New Zealand, just NE of the Tasman Mill in Kawerau. Number plate off the white one says its supposedly a 1977 P10W - I don't know anything about the orange one. Was cruising back from the mill and saw these parked up in a yard with no one around to ask further questions. Maybe someone on here can tell me more about them or knows their story even. There's still a Pacific working the mill hauling doubles, I saw it in person but was unable to get a good photo of it. Struggling to find it online but know I have seen it out there, will cross link when I come across it for reference...

  1826. #1826Hayesno12020-04-03 16:39

    That orange unit looks like a KLC truck but I am not sure.

  1827. #1827Chopper952020-04-03 16:55

    Well the DPF 839 white truck can actually be seen working in this video in July 2016 at the very beginning. Still trying to find the actual photos I'm thinking of for the other potential truck at the mill … Orange one would definitely be KLC. I'm not well educated on the historic NZ log haulers, especially since its been a year since I was working down there. David Lowe had a bunch of books in the late 80s documenting trucks around New Zealand, specifically a Pacific edition, that I have been trying to find for my own collection. But talk about a needle in a haystack for the ones I'm after... Seriously awesome country to spot old and new off highway log trucks though.

  1828. #182864Pacific2020-04-04 23:32

    Their other truck is a 1990 P500PF, the last time that I had seen photos of the P10 it was freshly rebuilt, rather sad to see it relegated to the bone yard. My records indicate it is a 1980 model so I am wondering if the cab was replaced at some stage. http://www.pacifictruckclub.org/Photos/tcp747.jpg http://www.pacifictruckclub.org/Photos/tcp740.jpg Those photos were both taken by K. Hill in 2010 - more on the website.

  1829. #1829Chopper952020-04-11 19:20

    So give me a week and I'll spontaneously remember where I saw things or how to find them again with a little luck. The other truck I saw working the Kawerua mill in 2019 was definitely not the '90 P500PF, I distinctly remeber it having a steel hood not a newer glass one. These are not my photos, all credit goes to AaronK and Davis Connor on Flickr, respectively. It's just my intention to use these photos for the sake of discussion and public information. I'm 90% sure this is the Pedersen truck I saw, I believe it is a P10 or P510 used just for internal transfer. Note the different rack compared to the DPF839 truck above. But during my search I did come across a Rob Dahm P510 with a number plate of DPF 838 known as 'Double Trouble' and is listed as a 1988 according to NZ Transport records. This is again a Davis Connor photo, not mine. Very very very unusual or hard to believe the truck I posted earlier, DPF 839, is sequential to this one. NZ plates are issued for life to a vehicle unless updated, which records show. So the production years of 1977 versus 1988 make no sense on records, but it is very likely these trucks were brought over together and obviously registered at the same time. Good chance the white Pedersen truck used to be a yellow Rob Dahm. I don't think Double Trouble is still in service or I can't find it past 2012 timeframe, but Rob Dahm has another 1988 P510PS known as 'Captain' that is still actively working with plate ZU2181 which used to be a Williams & Wilshier (pinkish grey trucks) truck until 2008. Rob Dahm still runs some old KW (K Dub as the Kiwis say) C500s as well which are mean - they like their old iron. RD is based out of Tokoroa / Kinleith which is about 1.5 hour west of Kawerua.

  1830. #183064Pacific2020-04-12 11:55

    I have a bunch of records of the NZ trucks, I will take a look later to see if there is any additional information...

  1831. #1831Hank R2020-05-07 21:55

    A friend send to me from Manning Alberta looks like the last few years were hard on these truck , could not of been parked for to many years as LED lights on them

  1832. #1832Hallback2020-05-07 23:39

    Woowee! Looks they got a truck mechanic straight outta walmart!

  1833. #1833Hayesno12020-05-08 01:01

    #3 picture - truck in background is a Hayes HDX - any pics of her

  1834. #1834Tadpole2020-07-28 17:14

    Old Pacific Truck Hat

  1835. #1835Truck Shop2020-08-25 21:47
  1836. #1836Truck Shop2020-08-27 07:40

    On the one at the top of the page {blue and white sold in atlanta} Whats a Pacific doing on the east coast-those should never end up past the Rockies.

  1837. #1837Greatwestcam2020-09-20 11:32

    P 12 at the RB sale here in AB.

  1838. #1838wiggle wagon2020-09-20 13:34

    Great picture, Greatwestcam. Looks a lot like this P-10 that used to be at Camex at one time. https://www.flickriver.com/photos/hayes69/16583556676/

  1839. #1839crane operator2020-09-20 13:38

    https://www.ironplanet.com/jsp/s/it...um=referral&utm_campaign=syndication&src=mktg CAD BUY NOW PRICE CAD 200,000 US $151,458 * ITEM DETAILS METER READING 135,212 KM SERIAL # T7812XXXXX Cummins K-19 Diesel Engine, 600 Adv. Horsepower, 6 Speed Automatic Transmission, 236" Wheel Base, 6x4, 28,000 lb. Front Axle, 100,000 lb. Rears, 128,000 lb. GVWR, Spring Type Suspension, Fixed 5th Wheel, Headache Rack, 1985 Custom-built T/A Off Highway Lowbed. 14’6” Wide x 26’ Long Main Deck, Chalmers Suspension, Hydraulic Detach Neck, Kubota Hydraulic Power Pack, 445/95R25 Tires, Wired Remote For Powerpack

  1840. #1840Hank R2020-12-23 13:56
  1841. #1841Hank R2020-12-24 07:59

    Received from Hank Suderman

  1842. #1842Truck Shop2020-12-26 17:49

    This possibly has already been posted, but what the heck.

  1843. #1843Welder Dave2020-12-26 18:25

    Must be an automatic transmission in the last part of the video?

  1844. #1844Truck Shop2020-12-26 18:30
  1845. #1845skyking12020-12-26 21:15

    Great threads Hayes and all, I have no offroad logging experiences and I am really enjoying reading through. One question, you keep mentioning preloader?

  1846. #1846Truck Shop2020-12-26 21:55
  1847. #1847Welder Dave2020-12-26 22:06

    That's impressive!

  1848. #1848Jumbo2020-12-26 22:26

    All I can say is that I'm glad I'm not the one crawling over that load with a branding hammer trying to catch each stem.

  1849. #1849petepilot2020-12-26 23:45

    would likely be an all day job

  1850. #1850camptramp2020-12-26 23:53

    I don't think I would want anything to do with loading or unloading those loads of bean poles . And I hope the loads are scaled by weight , could you imagine doing a manual check scale on one of those loads ?

  1851. #1851Bumpsteer2020-12-27 00:28

    It's all pulpwood, thats on the "golden road" in Maine. The Pacific is pretty damn impressive. Ed

  1852. #1852dieselfreak2021-02-01 21:10

    Pacific P10’s DDT, hauling the Sunshine Coast

  1853. #1853diamondtguy2021-02-01 21:40

    I'll have to go back and get the story or maybe Steve can share it.....Check out this P-16...Fabulous rebuild/refit and the truck is going back to work...

  1854. #1854Coaldust2021-04-03 19:48

    Time to bump this thread. So, one day at the Port of Anchorage, working at the Crowley Terminal, I hear something unusual. I couldn’t believe my ears. Not the normal Cummins ISX or DD15 noise of the typical tractor traffic coming and going. I could smell the 2-stroke exhaust, as well. Left the warehouse to look. It was a buzzin’ dozen!! In a very nicely restored Pacific. No DOT numbers with a not-for-hire decal on the door. Attractive lady, riding shotgun. Dude stopped by to purchase a couple drums of 40wt lube oil. Total overkill, if you ask me. Lol. Very nice rig. Wasn’t very chatty. Heard he lived in the Valley. Never saw the rig again. After he left, I had to clean the Detroit air box slobber off the tarmac.

  1855. #1855skyking12021-04-03 20:53

    LOL like the down cylinders on a radial, puking on the flightline

  1856. #1856skyking12021-04-03 20:56

    Like the line out of Back to the Future, only "where we're going, we don't need power lines"

  1857. #185759 North2021-04-13 15:40

    When I would be in town a few years back, I recall seeing one like this, usually in traffic in the summers. Rare truck in this area I think.

  1858. #1858Chopper952021-05-19 16:37

    1988 P510 rolling across the block next Tues (5/25/21) in Chilliwack if anyone is looking for a self loader. Looks like a decent rig, curious to see what she brings.

  1859. #1859Welder Dave2021-05-19 16:46

    Nice truck to restore!

  1860. #1860Hallback2021-05-19 17:01

    A lot of good very late model very low hour gear selling at Chilliwack next week. Does anybody know the contractor or the reason it is going across the block?

  1861. #1861Welder Dave2021-05-19 17:44

    Don't know the reason but a great example of good equipment being sold at RB contrary to what some think.

  1862. #1862Hank R2021-05-19 19:27

    I have a friend that has his eye on it,

  1863. #1863Hayesno12021-10-17 03:57

    Pacific P16 at Hayes show in 2012

  1864. #1864hoechucker2021-10-17 21:37

    That truck makes that 568 look like a mini ex

  1865. #1865skyking12021-10-17 22:01

    I hope to get up there soon and see these trucks up close.

  1866. #1866Truck Shop2021-11-10 20:44

    It's not a Pacific but it's a big friggin log.

  1867. #1867Jumbo2021-11-10 21:28

    Well, it appears to be a 24' log, about 10 to 11 feet in diameter, more than likely green. Anyone want to guess where the nearest scales are? Rough guess (conservative) of weight is 49,593 pounds. Figure 16531 board feet and 3 pounds to the board foot of green Douglas Fir. And those are small tires. Nice load.

  1868. #1868John Shipp2021-11-11 02:55

    Wish my tyres looked as good when overloaded. Are they solid rubber?

  1869. #1869hoechucker2021-11-11 07:33

    I don't think that's a real picture. A log that big would have been a 16 or 20 I'd think. If you zoom in around the driver's head it looks like it was cut a pasted on. I could be wrong. It's happened before

  1870. #1870Jumbo2021-11-11 09:56

    I doubt they are solid, tires of the era of that truck were pneumatic. They did have flats/blowouts by the dozen. According to stories of drivers in that era, fixing tires was a continual event.

  1871. #1871Truck Shop2021-11-11 10:24

    I thought that also when I first saw it, but the shadows under the load and around truck trailer frame are right on. The driver could have been pasted {he probably needed to be pasted} but the rest looks correct. When looking at the drive tires {rim to top of tire and to bottom of tire} there's a pretty good load on those. JMO.

  1872. #1872Jumbo2021-11-11 10:44

    I am pretty sure the photo is all original, I have seen a colorized postcard if not exactly the same, one very similar.

  1873. #1873skyking12021-11-11 12:09

    That's all well and good but how did they load that big bugger?

  1874. #1874Truck Shop2021-11-11 13:40

    How did the Egyptians build the pyramids?

  1875. #1875John Shipp2021-11-11 14:16

    How did the druids get the Stonehenge made?

  1876. #1876Jumbo2021-11-11 14:42

    With the mainline. You gut shoot it as dead center as you can with either one or two bridling and pick it up, back the truck under it and off you go. the probably had to bridle it since most chokers were 40-50 in length and while one would go around it, it would be a tight fit so a bridle would be easier to work with. You can see where they picked it up. I bet it went as peeler block. I also noted there was little whisker pull, fallers did a nice job.

  1877. #1877skyking12021-11-11 15:12

    how did the Ghostbusters defeat the stay puft marshmallow Man?

  1878. #1878Truck Shop2021-11-12 10:36
  1879. #1879Jumbo2021-11-12 10:50

    It's 8AM here, just looking at that photo makes me glad I'm siting home right now. It is a "cool" photo in many ways, but looking at that snow, and the sloppy road, I don't miss it at all. Chains on chains off, 3-4 times a day. Never minded chains on, but chains off with slush running down your neck just was plain uncomfortable. I don't know my old trucks very well, by the emblem, what is it? The emblem on the door looks like one of the Murphy trucks. out of Sutherlin I think they were.

  1880. #1880Hayesno12021-11-12 18:43

    It’s a IHC KB8 or KB10 or even bigger model. I must say I prefer snow and cold instead of rain and fog. Weather has changed badly in Denmark and around the world. Sorry to say but here in Denmark it is seldom we get snow in Winter anymore.

  1881. #1881Truck Shop2021-11-12 21:17

    Need a thread for all brands.

  1882. #1882Doug19662021-11-13 22:00

    We've gotten a little off topic here so to bring us back to Pacifics, after a bit of a hiatus I'm back to work on my Pacific P510S BCFP logging truck replica. Fuel tanks, tank brackets, steps and battery box with batteries.

  1883. #1883Doug19662021-11-13 22:01
  1884. #1884Hayesno12021-11-15 13:41

    Looking awsome. Looking forward to see finished model

  1885. #1885Hayesno12021-11-15 13:47

    Here are pics of a very nice P510S

  1886. #1886John Shipp2021-11-15 13:57

    100% a nice truck. Perfect.

  1887. #1887Hayesno12021-11-18 14:48

    Another P500S - I am not sure if it got a 10” frame. But look at the other truck - a Canadian built 4x4 Sicard water/fire truck. It was properly a snowplow truck when new. Pacific truck got the Pacific cab not IH cab. Sicard has a Dodge cab.

  1888. #1888Hayesno12021-11-18 14:53

    Pacific preload trailer

  1889. #1889camptramp2021-11-18 15:01

    That preload trailer was probably a BCFP trailer new around 1979-1980 at Renfrew Division .

  1890. #1890camptramp2021-11-18 15:12

    Quite possibly that trailer arriving at BCFP's Port Renfrew Division Spring 1980

  1891. #1891Hayesno12021-11-18 16:19

    I am sure you are right - at reach you can see 52-57 is welded in to reach and there are several spots where you can see the original orange paint.

  1892. #1892Hayesno12021-11-18 16:45

    Nice Pacific PF500 and beside her a Western Star. Contractor name Tuck.

  1893. #1893Camshawn2021-11-18 23:00

    Pacific hooked to a bobbed lowbed up Harrison Lake in BC. If I remember correctly, 1968 vintage, rebuilt a few years ago. They shortened the lowbed to make some tight corners getting onto the bridges. Cam

  1894. #1894camptramp2021-11-19 10:50

    Tuck Brothers Contracting of Lake Cowichan has their shop at Mesachie Lake Gordon Tuck over see's the Excavating side of the business , Braden Tuck over see's the Logging side of the business . Their father Mike Tuck was Shop Foreman at BCFP's Shoal Island Dryland Sort . Their Grandfather was Swan Neva a long time Contractor in the Cowichan area , their trucks are painted the same colours use by Swan Neva .

  1895. #1895Camshawn2021-11-19 20:52

    Here's another from Harrison Lake BC last spring. Cam

  1896. #1896diamondtguy2021-12-05 22:28

    Saw this on you tube today..He has a video on the P-12W SAR trucks and one for the Challengers..There may be more.

  1897. #1897diamondtguy2022-01-05 17:57

    Some rebuild pics of a P-12 rebuild.Truck is in Leavenworth KS...Has a KTA 600.....thats all the info i have.

  1898. #1898diamondtguy2022-01-05 17:58

    more......

  1899. #1899Woodsey2022-01-05 22:04

    Great interior and paint. It would be a pleasure to drive.

  1900. #1900Woodsey2022-01-05 22:05
  1901. #1901Doug19662022-05-08 13:07

    Hi, Well it is pretty much done, Pacific P510S BC Forest Products Unit 6-284. Leaving the Pacific Factory floor to head over to Knight Trailer for rigging and trailer. Picture labeled FL (laying out frame rails) was first progress picture, Dec18,2017 after attaching lights and horns last night outside pictures taken today May 7, 2022. This did get back burnered for a year or so wasn't full 4 1/2 year build. Some final assembly progress pictures as well. BIG THANKS to Larry Macnutt at Pacific Truck for his knowledge, info, patience and enthusiasm. View attachment 258961

  1902. #1902Doug19662022-05-08 13:10

    Few more pics

  1903. #1903Doug19662022-05-08 13:12

    More

  1904. #1904Hank R2022-05-08 15:12

    You have done a awesome job there .

  1905. #1905camptramp2022-05-08 23:11

    The #6-284 a 1986 P510S Pacific New at the CPR Dock Nanaimo B.C. May 1986 . Good work , well done Doug .

  1906. #1906Welder Dave2022-05-09 00:03

    Better than new! It's such a shame they aren't making these trucks anymore.

  1907. #1907Doug19662022-05-15 13:35

    And those are the pictures that inspired this project!!

  1908. #1908Hank R2022-05-15 15:00

    Great work Doug what is the next project on the bench?

  1909. #1909Doug19662022-05-15 19:56

    Thanks,The trailer for this truck.

  1910. #1910Hayesno12022-08-11 23:08

    P16 still going strong

  1911. #1911Hayesno12022-08-15 23:40
  1912. #1912diamondtguy2022-08-16 00:02

    I remember putting them together at Pacific...

  1913. #1913Hayesno12022-08-18 19:10

    Cypress P16

  1914. #1914Hayesno12022-08-19 13:10

    P510S or P512S for sale in Port Alberni

  1915. #1915camptramp2022-08-19 15:29

    That's heart breaking , Dan Peters took such good care of #15

  1916. #1916Hayesno12022-08-19 17:44

    Thanks for info Al, sure looking close I can see it is one of the 2 blue Pacifics. I think the other was number #14. I have some pictures of them way home in Denmark.

  1917. #1917Hayesno12022-08-19 17:46

    WFP P16 dumptruck used for debris I guess in Beaver Cove

  1918. #1918Hayesno12022-08-19 18:49

    This is heart breaking as well to see Old IPL #212

  1919. #1919Welder Dave2022-08-19 19:14

    It is sad when the trucks are abused and neglected. What I've noticed is that 98% time when you see logging trucks no matter what condition the trucks are in, they always seem to have almost new tires with low wear. Is it just because they are low speed and/or off road?

  1920. #1920Birken Vogt2022-08-19 22:40

    Probably because they are always getting destroyed by rocks and sticks and railroad spikes in the road.

  1921. #1921camptramp2022-08-20 00:26

    There are lots of things to consider when you check out the condition of the tires on a logging truck . You can get by with well worn tires from about April to October depending on what kind of hills your climbing up to loading sites . The mileage on the tires depends on the driver and the make of tires . I had a good working relationship with the tire man Dan Reid at HBO . I got between 45,000 - 50,000 Kilometers out of a set of Michellin tires . As Dan was working with a fleet of trucks he didn't do tire rotations . Instead he would put a new set of tires on the drivers on the truck I was driving in October or early November . Once in awhile we would pick up a nail or spike and unless the tire was ruined , it was repaired and put back on the truck it came off . As we were traveling some where's about 60,000 to 70,000 Kilometers a year , when some of my tires were getting worn down in late summer , Dan would match up some decent used tires for the middle or back axle with the less worn tires on my front axle (drivers) . Late fall I would have new tires for the Winter . Guy's I hauled with like Bill Nicol who got out standing mileage from their tire's always had new tire's for the Winter . Some guy's that didn't get decent mileage , didn't always get new tires for the winter . They would get the best of the half worn tires .

  1922. #1922HDX2022-08-20 01:28

    This is awful to see her like this She was Chris Taylors truck out at Franklin/Sarita when she was there with us. He always kept her clean and well looked after.. Was a good productive truck and went back and forth every day. Very sad indeed.

  1923. #1923Truck Shop2022-08-20 03:50

    For highway, tires put on in early fall have enough time to wear the square edges of the shoulder down which makes installing chains easier. Plus it works some of the squirm out of the tall tread. The higher the torque the faster they wear. And with gravel roads it's the rock drilling. What is the ply rating on those logger blocks?

  1924. #1924Old Doug2022-08-20 09:26

    Its hard to believe but i bet 10 percent of all new tires made never get used they are put on and set and rot down.

  1925. #1925Hayesno12022-08-20 12:51

    Old Pacific water truck

  1926. #1926Hayesno12022-08-20 17:33

    P500S dump truck in Gold River

  1927. #1927Hayesno12022-08-20 17:37

    Another P500S dump truck - “Chindian” last time I saw her was in 2010

  1928. #1928Hayesno12022-08-22 18:56

    Pacific P9 water truck

  1929. #1929Hayesno12022-08-22 18:59

    Pacific P16

  1930. #1930Hayesno12022-08-25 13:58

    P16 - Old IPL #H147

  1931. #1931Hayesno12022-08-27 02:22

    Old Pacific preload water tank on lowbed. I think it is the same tank I took picture of way back in 2005 when it sat on an old Pacific truck in Zeballos. I went to Zeballos this year but nothing was left.

  1932. #1932Hayesno12022-08-27 02:25

    P16 for sale in Port Alberni

  1933. #1933Hayesno12022-08-27 02:31

    P16 contractor truck, old Butch Carroll truck. 1st pic you can see old M&B #H295 Hayes water truck still going strong as well.

  1934. #1934Welder Dave2022-08-27 02:49

    What were the common engines in the big log trucks? I think the 12V-71's were common but what Cummins or other engines were used in them? Nice to see a bunch of them still running. They seem pretty bullet proof if taken care of.

  1935. #1935diamondtguy2022-08-27 03:04

    I put P-16's together from 77-87 at Pacific..Most common engine was the 12V71NA,then Cummins KTA 625's.Did some 3408's.Then the 7 super trucks.3 for mac blo with Cat 3412's.The four CZ super trucks were one (Ian Browns) 16V71NA and 3 12V92TT..There were a few 12V71TT and 16V71TT

  1936. #1936Welder Dave2022-08-27 11:06

    There were definately some big engines put in them. We're they all pretty reliable and long life or some were much better?

  1937. #1937Hayesno12022-08-28 03:49

    An old P16 preloader that has seen better. I think at one time she was running for IPL.

  1938. #1938Hayesno12022-08-28 08:26

    I think it is the same truck when I took the pics at Sarita 2012. Maybe HDX can confirm

  1939. #1939Greatwestcam2022-08-28 10:04

    Kim, always like it when you make it over here and hit the spots I never make it to. Sorry I missed you at the show.

  1940. #1940cw4Bray2022-08-29 14:18

    Those trucks look so cool and bring back fond childhood memories of the local mountains, but my ears are ringing with Tinnitus - just thinking about all the time some of you guys spent operating those "buzzin dozen" engines. I might have seen a number of Pacific tractors in Kuwait / SW asia, in the last few years.

  1941. #1941Welder Dave2022-08-29 16:57

    Buzzin dozen, what about mind numbing 16.

  1942. #1942Hayesno12022-08-30 14:38

    Thanks Greatwestcam. Sadly I must say that many of the spots I have visit earlier on my trips this year there were no logging activity left. I am sorry as well - I did not know you attended the show.

  1943. #1943Hayesno12022-08-30 14:42

    Pacific P16 with lowbed - sadly behind fence so no close up pictures

  1944. #1944Hayesno12022-08-30 14:45

    Another P16 with lowbed - same spot so no close up.

  1945. #1945Hayesno12022-09-04 14:29

    P16 Dane Development

  1946. #1946Hayesno12022-09-04 14:58

    P500S

  1947. #194764Pacific2022-09-07 12:22

    Kim, do you by any chance know the serial number of the wrecked P500?

  1948. #1948Hayesno12022-09-07 15:35

    Sorry Scott I did not open the cab. I must at the begining of my holiday I opened a few doors of Hayes and Pacific trucks but no plates so somehow I forgot - Sorry. I got serial Numbers of 2 trailers - I will post them later on.

  1949. #1949Doug19662022-09-22 21:40

    Hi, special edition , with lots of photos from the 2 BC anniversary shows. Very honoured to be included with the real ones.

  1950. #1950skadill2022-09-22 22:52
  1951. #1951Ali.ALMansoori2022-10-31 08:55

    Hi is it still available for sale please let me know [email protected]

  1952. #1952skadill2022-10-31 11:13

    Sorry, but probably nobody is going to find you a truck to buy, or parts here. Most info posted here is about sharing, telling, showing and appreciating the gear. The rest is helping people that are passionate about this stuff,and helping with hard to get info they may need. Your approach is real harsh, jumping in and near demanding info to be given to you to serve your immediate want or need. It will be received the same as if someone invited you over for dinner for the first time, and you asked for 'more this' and for 'more that', or that you prefer your meal in a different style. Be a bit appreciative of the years of experience, the wealth of knowledge, and the people who aren't paid a penny to capture and share this gold, that willingly share for free with others. Please don't crawl up and down them shaking their tree to get something for yourself so you can quickly leave and get on with your next pressing thing in life.

  1953. #1953Welder Dave2022-10-31 11:34

    That seems a little harsh to me. Nothing wrong with asking if it's still for sale. Wanting to be directly notified might be stretching it a bit but I think depending on which member of the forum asked wouldn't be considered out of line or inappropriate at all. He might be really interested in buying it.

  1954. #1954Jumbo2022-10-31 11:59

    Having sold a few items on other platforms/venues, the question sounded to me like the beginning of a scam, most of the seven posts are about buying something. I'm a little harsh, I almost got burned once, so I am ultra suspicious.

  1955. #1955skadill2022-10-31 12:45

    It wasnt till the third post from him that i had anything to say about it. I don't beak off much, just share photos here, but he came on strong and direct

  1956. #1956Welder Dave2022-10-31 13:52

    I didn't see his other posts so maybe was just somebody fishing for something, not sure what though. I think back to when another member was legitimately looking for a heavy spec. truck is the reason for my initial post. Nowaday's you never really know what's legit and what isn't.

  1957. #1957Hallback2022-10-31 14:07

    You guys need to take the rose colored glasses off, that guy is a scammer plain and simple. He just joined here and all of his posts are looking to buy something in these different threads? Come on you guys gotta be smarter than that!

  1958. #1958Hallback2022-10-31 14:08

    And he's using a funky hotmail address to boot?

  1959. #1959scottympm2022-10-31 15:22

    I agree this appears to be a questionable post. If this person was serious as a buyer, all they would have to do is zoom in on the photo and the phone numbers of the seller are clearly visible in the window. Then it’s pretty easy to pick up the phone and call them. Just sayin’. Scott

  1960. #1960Welder Dave2022-10-31 16:52

    Like I said, I hadn't seen his other posts and was only responding about asking if the truck was still for sale. With this other info it does appear to be a scam.

  1961. #1961Ali.ALMansoori2022-11-09 13:09

    Thank you Mr. For your advice I’m owner of 172 trucks , my business style is different than what you think. I was asking for find a trucks for sale only and who’s well to sale will contact me ,

  1962. #1962Hallback2022-11-09 18:28

    Well Alibaba, if you owner of 172 trucks I'm sure you have people who can handle this for ya & don't need some ol rednecks muddlin' up yer binnis with our old beaters.

  1963. #1963Truck Shop2022-11-09 21:19

    I will say this--He is for real, I have seen him post on other forums I visit sometimes. Brash would be the word. But lets move on-----some more Pacific photos.

  1964. #1964skadill2022-11-09 22:15
  1965. #1965camptramp2022-11-09 22:16

    Art Nickerson photo Timberwest HBO #40-139 P16 Pacific preloader . this is legit

  1966. #196692U 34062022-11-09 23:11

    What's with the folded stake on the trailer of the green Pacific? Doesn't look like it'd be overheight with it up.

  1967. #1967Doug19662022-11-09 23:54

    Maybe his shop had low door, or possibly needed to get on ferry to the island, back then the old boats weren't as big.

  1968. #1968camptramp2022-11-10 01:09

    I think your correct Doug . That looks to be a brand new truck . Hard to say where it has been on way to dealership .

  1969. #1969Truck Shop2022-11-10 07:35

    Weren't Pacific and Hayes built to custom/owners specifications.

  1970. #1970Hank R2022-11-10 07:46

    Yes they were.

  1971. #1971camptramp2022-11-10 22:42

    Art Nickerson photo Timberwest HBO Div. #40-139 P16 Pacific .

  1972. #1972skadill2022-11-11 11:38
  1973. #1973Truck Shop2022-11-11 17:12

    Any idea how many P16's were produced each year?

  1974. #1974skadill2022-11-11 22:55
  1975. #1975Hank R2022-11-12 07:48

    Sorry can not help with that figure but. from 1947 to 1991 . Pacific built 249 P9's , 23 trucks for South Africa, 90 trucks for New Zealand and a total of 2,308 trucks were built. the P310 trucks were the most popular trucks built.

  1976. #1976Hank R2022-11-12 10:39

    P510 trucks were the most popular trucks that they built..

  1977. #1977skadill2022-11-13 23:50
  1978. #1978camptramp2022-11-14 00:30

    Art Nickerson photo Timberwest HBO #40-139 P16 Pacific Preloader

  1979. #1979skadill2022-11-14 10:28
  1980. #1980PacificTruckfan20222022-11-14 18:31

    I run across this photo, can anyone tell me anything about it?

  1981. #1981Welder Dave2022-11-14 18:32

    That's a real big *** Pacific. Looks brand new in the pic.

  1982. #1982Hallback2022-11-14 18:36

    There are a handful of those big sows in existence still. The bigger question is though how do you destroy a loader that bad?

  1983. #1983Welder Dave2022-11-14 19:09

    Looks like another machine backed into it or it swung into something. How heavy would the loader be?

  1984. #1984Hank R2022-11-14 19:36

    That Pacific is in Campbell River on the Island. Forgot the owners name but it was built last year if I remember right.

  1985. #1985Hank R2022-11-14 19:37
  1986. #1986Hank R2022-11-14 19:40

    Here is a link to a story that I wrote back in 2008. https://www.pacifictruckclub.org/history.php

  1987. #1987Welder Dave2022-11-14 20:12

    Beautiful truck except for the missing steering wheel cap. Somebody must not have been paying attention.

  1988. #1988Welder Dave2022-11-14 20:13

    What does SOW stand for?

  1989. #1989PacificTruckfan20222022-11-14 20:22

    Awesome! I’ve been wondering about this thing for a while. Thanks for sharing

  1990. #1990Hallback2022-11-14 21:30

    Wahkash's sow.

  1991. #1991Welder Dave2022-11-14 21:39

    That's a beautiful looking truck too!

  1992. #1992camptramp2022-11-15 00:07

    BCFP Renfrew Div. Neva Contracting Older Pacific Might be an early P16

  1993. #1993camptramp2022-11-15 00:08

    BCFP Renfrew Div. Ron Peters P16 Pacific

  1994. #1994hoechucker2022-11-15 20:35

    We need that truck! And that loader is cherry compared to some of ours after a very short time in the "right" hands

  1995. #1995Hallback2022-11-15 22:05

    I talked to them about that truck and.....WHEW!! $$$$$$$

  1996. #1996skadill2022-11-16 00:14
  1997. #1997Buckshotbuck2022-11-16 05:11
  1998. #1998Welder Dave2022-11-16 13:29

    Where is this truck and do you have any more pics. of it?

  1999. #1999Buckshotbuck2022-11-16 14:01

    This was in darwell alberta, was just a tractor pull event...

  2000. #2000Welder Dave2022-11-16 14:09

    I think there was mention and maybe a pic. of a Pacific in Darwell earlier in this thread. Was it pulling the sled and if so, how did it do?

  2001. #2001diamondtguy2022-11-16 14:35

    I have posted lots of pics in this thread of that truck and its history...

  2002. #2002Buckshotbuck2022-11-16 15:11

    Lol the sled was way too small for it . Needed way more to challenge the paciffic .

  2003. #2003diamondtguy2022-11-16 17:07

    Here I am sitting on the Allison or crossmember of that truck or her sister (there was two) when they were new...This is a very staged promo pics as everything about the trailer and the people working on it is wrong...

  2004. #2004diamondtguy2022-11-16 21:17

    This is H-272's sister.H-273..As you can see in the above post they were powered by 3408's Both trucks were rebuilt and repowered by Pacific Truck/Coast Powertrain

  2005. #2005Truck Shop2022-11-16 21:52

    Nice photos-DTG.

  2006. #2006diamondtguy2022-11-16 22:34

    Look at the pusher truck on H-273 load....Its a HDX.Very cool as these trucks are working far south of the border..

  2007. #2007Hank R2022-11-16 22:39
  2008. #2008Hank R2022-11-16 22:47
  2009. #2009Hank R2022-11-16 22:58

    A Pacific with a special load.

  2010. #2010diamondtguy2022-11-16 23:14

    The picture of the 3 guys standing in front of H-72 was taken by Hank R..I am on the left,Larry Mcnutt in center and Rollie is on the right.I worked with Rollie for 10 years..He was a very good guy...That is him standing there saying good to the last truck he did..He had retired before the truck was sold.....Good pictures Hank..

  2011. #2011Truck Shop2022-11-17 07:21

    Not Pacific's or Hayes-Lampson Crane built these-stationed at Lampson yard Pasco Wa. Except the middle photo not sure about that one.

  2012. #2012Truck Shop2022-11-17 07:33

    111

  2013. #2013Hank R2022-11-17 11:23

    First Pacific Truck built, May 1947 sold to Bowater's Paper in Newfoundland, on Canada's east coast.

  2014. #2014Doug19662022-11-17 14:37

    Larry showed me the drawings for this one, yes they still have them and for just about every one built since!!

  2015. #2015Hank R2022-11-17 15:02

    The very last Pacific that was built was a P12 special order for a Coal mine in Soda Springs, Idaho, and is still in use as of 2021. The truck was built in the Parts Warehouse. The lucky guys that built the truck got to go for rip around the block to test drive truck, good thing they did as there was a problem with rear Diff.

  2016. #2016diamondtguy2022-11-17 15:28

    There were three of those trucks built.First two at the plant when it was still running.Trucks were powered by Cat 3412's

  2017. #2017Truck Shop2022-11-17 16:56

    Thanks for all the information and great photos, sad that Pacific ended.

  2018. #2018Hank R2022-11-17 17:15

    diamondtguy is the man with all the knowledge, I only have some pictures.

  2019. #2019Truck Shop2022-11-17 18:13

    Those Canadians--They know how to build the proper truck for the job! Always impressed by their work.

  2020. #2020skadill2022-11-18 10:11
  2021. #2021Truck Shop2022-11-18 18:44

    Kiewit has this one for sale.

  2022. #2022Truck Shop2022-11-18 18:47

    Question-did Pacific build anything like this? Crummy photo.

  2023. #202349pacific2022-11-18 20:19

    Those are pacific trucks. Built for the South African rail way

  2024. #2024Truck Shop2022-11-18 20:47

    Thanks!

  2025. #2025diamondtguy2022-11-18 21:38

    There are pics here of them..The last one done was at the shop when I started there.I believe it was the first truck i worked on.Around 24 of them were built they were not all identical...

  2026. #2026diamondtguy2022-11-18 21:39

    Engines and spec's of the SAR trucks..

  2027. #2027Hank R2022-11-18 22:46
  2028. #2028Hank R2022-11-18 22:52
  2029. #2029Hank R2022-11-18 22:58
  2030. #2030Hank R2022-11-18 23:28

    In August 1970 International Harvester company acquired 100% of Pacific Truck and Trailer. Pacific was a highly successful operation prior to acquisition. Throughout the 1970's production ran at around 30 units per month, with many trucks destined for operations overseas and the 500th truck built by Pacific left the plant in 1971. As a heavy-duty manufacturer Pacific was in a unique situation. Pacific was a small company which allowed it to adjust its product to comply with specific job requirements. In August 1971 Pacific received an invitation to tender four trucks from International Harvester of South Africa. The South African Railway was to be the end user of these trucks. And were to be used in hauling 150 ton to 370 ton loads. Most of the loads were for Thermal Power Plants, although they could be used to haul any heavy loads. These trucks were 600 hp each. Pacific received the tender and advised International that it would not submit a quotation until Pacific's manager of sales engineering and product development Mr. Gwynn Jenkins had consulted with the final user. Mr. Jenkins went to South Africa September 1971. In the first week of October Pacific submitted a bid for a Model P-12 truck that had never been built. May 1972 Pacific was informed that it was the successful bidder. August 1, 1972 final layout and shop drawings were completed. November 22, 1972 all four units were shipped by ship to Johannesburg South Africa. Amazingly this full sequence of events from receipt of order to full service had taken only 12 months. In the 1970's 18 of these trucks were built, 5 of these trucks were built called Ultra with 800 hp, powered by a Cummins V-12-1710 rated at 800 hp. These trucks had huge radiators since they operated where temperatures would be 40 degrees C. From the top of the cab to ground was 13 ft. In 1973 the P-12 became a regular production truck. I believe that Diamondtguy has the correct # of trucks in total as more orders came in.

  2031. #2031Hank R2022-11-18 23:35

    I believe that Diamondtguy has the correct # of trucks as more orders came in.

  2032. #2032Welder Dave2022-11-19 00:53

    That's a big truck!

  2033. #2033Truck Shop2022-11-19 07:21

    Darn-that is great information Hank and Diamond T, glad I asked and great photos too.

  2034. #2034Hank R2022-11-19 11:35

    I have 5 or 6 more of the South Africa trucks that were undergoing a rebuild and repaint but spent 1 hr and can not find them.

  2035. #2035skadill2022-11-19 23:49
  2036. #2036Jumbo2022-11-20 00:47

    What I think I like best about those South African trucks; instead of "Oversized Load" the "Abnormaal" label says so much more. Perhaps I'm just used to seeing "Oversized Load" all the time.

  2037. #2037Hank R2022-11-20 12:33

    H-153, Last P-16 built. H-155, was the number given to the last P-16 truck that was built and it came out of the Pacific factory in October 1989. This truck was built MacMillian Bloedel Ltd, for Franklin River Division. This truck was lucky to have M&B and Island Pacific Logging as owners as these two Company's and their employees took great care of all their trucks and equipment. This truck after 26 years of hard work is still a good working truck. H-155 was spec’d out with 91,000 Clark rears 13:1 ratio 60-61 Allison trans KTA 600 Cummins engines. Truck was bought by Hayes Forest in 2003 along with a number of other M&B trucks at the big WEYCO Garage sale. It remained red and white but had the HFS decals on the doors for about 2-3 years. IPL bought her in Jan/2008 along with a number of other trucks from Hayes Forest after they lost the contract with Western Forest products at Franklin. She was still red and white when IPL bought her in 2008. They had her rebuilt and that is when the KTA was removed and the C15 Cat was installed. She was painted yellow and white in the same paint scheme as the rest of the IPL trucks. The truck # was change from H-155 to H-153 at this time Because of the good shape it was in it was decided by IPL to just leave it alone and run it and just do the maintenance required as things were needed. The drivers history of H-155 is Driver Jed Ruel got it new and drove it till he retired Then it went through a number of drivers and owners -- M&B, Weyerhaeuser, HAYES FOREST, Then Island Pacific Logging The driver that got her when she came back all rebuilt was Don McInroy . He drove her for a short time then changed jobs and Al Prpich went on her He stayed on her for the duration of her hauling time at IPL. Al Prpich is a very good driver and he really loved that truck. Was a sad day for him when he had to give her up Dec 2015. Thanks to Steve Dybrough for all the history on this truck and drivers.

  2038. #2038Truck Shop2022-11-20 14:01

    I have always said the owners who say drivers are dime a dozen don't know their butt from a hole in the ground. Bad drivers can break you, good drivers can make you. We have several that are good drivers, only need to look at the repair file for those specific units to see.

  2039. #2039Hank R2022-11-20 15:49

    Last Pacific P-16 was built October 1989 and serial # 2246

  2040. #2040skadill2022-11-20 21:58
  2041. #2041skadill2022-11-21 22:46
  2042. #2042camptramp2022-11-22 00:34

    BCFP Renfrew Div. #6-260 P16 Pacific new at Renfrew Div. Shop

  2043. #2043skadill2022-11-22 00:47
  2044. #2044Hank R2022-11-22 11:21

    H-157 Second last P-16 built The second last P-16 truck built was sold to MacMillian Bloedel, this truck was also built in Oct 1989 Driver Pete Burley got her brand new at Sarita. Pete stayed on her till he went onto a KW highway truck in 2001. She was, one of a five truck order. Two Preloads H139 H140 later changed to (H14) and three conventionals H138 H153 H155 All were spec’d out the same 91,000 Clark rears 13:1 ratio 60-61 Allison trans KTA 600 Cummins engines. Truck was bought by Hayes Forest in 2003 along with a number of other M&B trucks at the big WEYCO Garage sale. It remained red and white but had the HFS decals on the doors for about 2-3 years. If I remember right it was about 2005 that she went to their shop in Duncan and was rebuilt to their spec’s. That is when the Cummins was removed and the C15 Cat engine installed.. This is when the paint scheme went from red and white to the white and yellow that it has today. She had a number of different drivers on her over the years. IPL bought her in Jan/2008 along with a number of other trucks from Hayes Forest after they lost the contract with Western Forest products at Franklin. Because of the good shape it was in it was decided by IPL to just leave it alone and run it and just do the maintainence required as things were needed. Driver Donny Bodnar went on her when IPL bought it it and he stayed on her till he retired then Jim Johnson went on her till she was taken to Chemianus late in 2015 to have the trans replaced. She was to get a new paint job and a mini rebuild at the same time. I don’t know if the trans was changed before she was sold or not. As for paint jobs IPL never changed the color of any trucks and that is why we had orange ones and yellow ones. When IPL bought H153 (ex M&B H155) it was still red and white. IPL had her rebuilt and repainted in the same colors as the rest of the HFS Fleet. Thanks to Larry at Coast Power Train and to HDX for their help

  2045. #2045renaud2022-11-22 22:26

    Outstanding!!!!!What scale? Did you built it yourself? Best regards. Max.

  2046. #2046camptramp2022-11-22 23:06

    Timberwest HBO Div. #40-139

  2047. #2047skadill2022-11-23 00:24
  2048. #2048skadill2022-11-23 10:44
  2049. #2049skadill2022-11-23 19:16
  2050. #2050camptramp2022-11-23 22:20

    Art Nickerson photo's Timberwest HBO Div. #40-139 P16 Pacific

  2051. #2051skadill2022-11-24 00:38
  2052. #2052camptramp2022-11-24 22:06
  2053. #2053skadill2022-11-24 22:26
  2054. #2054skadill2022-11-24 22:27
  2055. #2055skadill2022-11-25 21:53
  2056. #2056skadill2022-11-26 22:57
  2057. #2057camptramp2022-11-26 23:10
  2058. #2058skadill2022-11-27 01:56
  2059. #2059camptramp2022-11-27 22:46

    I remember when the two Pacific's arrived at Port Renfrew for A & L Trucking to haul for Fiddick Logging in early 1970's . One was #5 the other #6 .

  2060. #2060camptramp2022-11-27 22:54
  2061. #2061skadill2022-11-28 00:01
  2062. #2062skadill2022-11-28 13:24
  2063. #2063skadill2022-11-29 22:38
  2064. #2064camptramp2022-11-29 23:36

    BCFP Renfrew Div. #6-283 P510 Pacific

  2065. #2065skadill2022-11-30 11:17
  2066. #2066Truck Shop2022-11-30 17:56

    What year is the last one?

  2067. #2067skadill2022-11-30 18:36

    1980

  2068. #2068skadill2022-12-03 01:31
  2069. #2069camptramp2022-12-03 22:18

    BCFP Renfrew Div. #6-284 P510S Pacific Loading Trailer at Shoal Island DLS

  2070. #2070skadill2022-12-04 02:17
  2071. #2071camptramp2022-12-04 22:25

    Ernie Harrison Photo BCFP Renfrew Div.

  2072. #2072diamondtguy2022-12-04 23:04

    The black glass nosed truck is now in Kelowna and gets shown all the time.His name is Mark and both Hank R and myself know him..I believe Hank has actually seen the truck..Mark bought the truck as it was in the previous pic..I think Mark owns a logging company..Good guy.

  2073. #2073skadill2022-12-04 23:41
  2074. #2074diamondtguy2022-12-05 00:03

    Interesting aluminum checker plate fenders on the blue truck

  2075. #2075skadill2022-12-05 16:09
  2076. #2076Truck Shop2022-12-05 17:42

    Mark Tarasewich.

  2077. #2077Tugger22022-12-05 18:27

    A P16 Rebuilt by the RW Saunders crew.Our shop was 2 doors down the street from theirs so we did crack repair on the bare frame , line bored the compensator tube and reinforcing kits on the bunks.

  2078. #2078skadill2022-12-08 00:26
  2079. #2079camptramp2022-12-08 23:32

    BCFP Renfrew Div. #6-263 P16 Pacific

  2080. #2080skadill2022-12-09 00:00
  2081. #2081skadill2022-12-10 13:10
  2082. #2082camptramp2022-12-11 23:45

    Ian Brown photo's CZ Nitinat Div.

  2083. #2083skadill2022-12-11 23:53
  2084. #2084camptramp2022-12-14 00:13

    BCFP Renfrew Div. #6-263

  2085. #2085skadill2022-12-14 00:51
  2086. #2086camptramp2022-12-14 22:24

    BCFP Renfrew Div. #6-284 P510S Pacific . Dumping at Shoal Island DLS

  2087. #2087skadill2022-12-14 22:48
  2088. #2088John C.2022-12-14 23:28

    I like the trucks but sometimes I like the stackers even better.

  2089. #2089Doug19662022-12-15 01:49

    Hmmm, looks really familar to me

  2090. #2090Welder Dave2022-12-15 02:22

    That can't be too common... a Pacific with Hayes mud flaps. Maybe paying homepage to Pacific's beginning?

  2091. #2091camptramp2022-12-15 12:42

    BCFP Renfrew Div. took delivery of 5 P510S Pacific's the #6-280 - #6-283 came with Par Pac rigging and trailers . The #6-284 came with Knight rigging and trailer .

  2092. #2092camptramp2022-12-15 12:45

    The Pacific P16 in picture was owned by Hayes Forest , who had their own "Mud Flaps" made up for their vehicle's . Hayes Manufacturing mud flaps are quite different from those in picture .

  2093. #2093Welder Dave2022-12-15 16:02

    I thought the Hayes mud flaps looked different but still a little comical on a Pacific truck.

  2094. #2094diamondtguy2022-12-15 16:13

    I remember those trucks on the shop floor and recall working on them...

  2095. #2095camptramp2022-12-17 22:19

    Bruce Ridley Photo Hayes Forest

  2096. #2096skadill2022-12-17 22:57
  2097. #2097skadill2022-12-17 22:59
  2098. #2098Truck Shop2022-12-18 06:02

    Any idea the average cost new of those lined up in above photo? Just wondering the new replacement price would be now.

  2099. #2099skadill2022-12-18 12:14

    I saw Larry Mc Nutt-the Pacific Truck guru back at a truck show in 2012 and asked how much a new P16 would cost at that time. He said they had all the drawings to build one still, and would love to receive an order. The price then would be near $650,000 Canadian Dollars There is 5 Hayes trucks in that photo lineup though

  2100. #2100camptramp2022-12-18 22:41

    BCFP Renfrew Div. P16 Pacific

  2101. #2101skadill2022-12-18 23:06
  2102. #2102camptramp2022-12-18 23:18

    Bruce Ridley Hayes Forest #T479 P16 Pacific

  2103. #2103skadill2022-12-19 01:00
  2104. #2104camptramp2022-12-19 22:13

    Bruce Ridley Hayes Forest P16 Pacific

  2105. #2105skadill2022-12-19 22:48
  2106. #2106camptramp2022-12-20 23:33

    Ed Isacson Photo's P16 Pacific

  2107. #2107skadill2022-12-20 23:52
  2108. #2108camptramp2022-12-22 22:33

    Ed Isacson Hayes Forest Photo's P16 Pacific

  2109. #2109skadill2022-12-22 23:38
  2110. #2110skadill2022-12-24 01:49
  2111. #2111camptramp2022-12-24 22:55

    Ed Isacson Photos Hayes Forest # T202 P16 Pacific

  2112. #2112skadill2022-12-25 00:03
  2113. #2113skadill2022-12-26 22:04
  2114. #2114camptramp2022-12-27 00:14

    Ed Isacson Hayes Forest

  2115. #2115skadill2022-12-27 11:37

    View attachment 276110

  2116. #2116Thirty5D2022-12-27 18:04

    The information and photos of these trucks is great. Thanks for sharing it with everybody. What is the function of the attachments that are on the front bumpers of some of these trucks?

  2117. #2117Hank R2022-12-27 19:11
  2118. #2118camptramp2022-12-27 22:11

    BCFP Renfrew Div. #6-284 P510S Pacific parked next to Carley Logging's Pacific Water Truck .

  2119. #2119skadill2022-12-27 22:46
  2120. #2120Grizzly12022-12-28 17:23

    That’s how the old girl looked when I purchased it , and yes I drove it home after been sitting 10 plus yrs ..

  2121. #2121Hank R2022-12-28 17:46

    Welcome aboard Mark.

  2122. #2122diamondtguy2022-12-28 18:47

    Good to see you here Mark....Going to pretend I didnt see your sign in name....LOL

  2123. #2123Grizzly12022-12-28 19:19

    Lol

  2124. #2124Grizzly12022-12-28 19:20

    Thx Hank, I’ve scrolled here many times before but never thought to join

  2125. #2125Truck Shop2022-12-28 19:34

    Glad to see you here MT, the FB pages don't really have much to offer. I only go there to check up on lavin.

  2126. #2126Grizzly12022-12-28 21:04

    Thx buddy , this is all new to me here. See if I can figure how to post a photo or 2

  2127. #2127Grizzly12022-12-29 12:16
  2128. #2128Grizzly12022-12-29 12:18
  2129. #2129Grizzly12022-12-29 12:28

    I’ll try and post 2 more before n after shots ,my Pacific S/N AO 1986. Truck built in 1986

  2130. #2130Grizzly12022-12-29 12:29
  2131. #2131Hank R2022-12-29 14:58

    Grizzly1 just after you get you pictures on hit full size and your good.

  2132. #2132Grizzly12022-12-29 17:17
  2133. #2133Grizzly12022-12-29 17:18

    Thank you !

  2134. #2134Grizzly12022-12-29 17:21
  2135. #2135Grizzly12022-12-29 17:23

    Dads old 1965 P9 , first truck I drove and the truck that gave the notion to own a Pacific one day

  2136. #2136Grizzly12022-12-29 17:27

    Here it is when new

  2137. #2137Truck Shop2022-12-29 18:13

    Nice photos!

  2138. #2138Hank R2022-12-29 18:57

    Received from my friend Mike in New Zealand to day. So I am spending a lot of time out in my man cave, actually going thru boxes of truck stuff I have not opened since we moved here in 2013. I came across these Pacific articles in a couple of newsletters put out by International Harvester Company of NZ. One in July 1969 and the other in February 1973, thought they might be of interest to you.

  2139. #2139Grizzly12022-12-30 16:40
  2140. #2140Grizzly12022-12-30 16:46
  2141. #2141Grizzly12022-12-30 16:50

    Some Pacific Truck and Trailer ads I have in some old magazines

  2142. #2142Hayesno12022-12-30 19:03

    P16 with lowbed etc

  2143. #2143camptramp2022-12-30 23:41

    Ed Isacson Photo's Hayes Forest

  2144. #2144diamondtguy2022-12-30 23:49

    Guessing that truck is powered by a twin turbo 12V71...

  2145. #2145skadill2022-12-31 23:48
  2146. #2146Grizzly12023-01-01 00:48

    Great photos Skadill, been watching your vids for years ! I live close to Doug C, maybe one day we hook up Happy New year

  2147. #2147diamondtguy2023-01-01 00:52

    Met Doug and his wife when I had the Grizzly at Cache Creek...Nice people..Said I can visit any time as long as I bring the Grizzly..Still plan on doing it...

  2148. #2148Grizzly12023-01-01 01:01

    They are incredible folks for sure, let me know when your up this way buddy !

  2149. #2149Grizzly12023-01-01 01:03

    Photo my brother took of me and a Pacific employee who gave us a tour back in Oct/88

  2150. #2150skadill2023-01-01 23:36
  2151. #2151Grizzly12023-01-02 00:37

    I took that photo at Rb in Surrey many yrs ago of the P510F. Cool

  2152. #2152Grizzly12023-01-02 00:38

    Wanted to buy it but didn’t have the spare change at the time ..

  2153. #2153camptramp2023-01-02 01:16

    Toby Hird Photo's Pacific Logging Sooke Div.

  2154. #2154camptramp2023-01-02 10:30

    Bill Elliot Photo Pacific Logging Sooke B.C.

  2155. #215564Pacific2023-01-02 14:05

    I was hoping to see a shot of this truck again. Just recently it has shown up again but one would never know it. This truck SN 2028 has been significantly modified and turned into some sort drilling rig and is for sale in Saskatchewan - not my photo, rather one that I grabbed from the sales website...

  2156. #2156Grizzly12023-01-02 17:08

    Holy crap, I’d never in a 100 yrs think it was the same truck. Thx for sharing

  2157. #2157Grizzly12023-01-02 17:10
  2158. #2158camptramp2023-01-02 22:59

    Bill Elliot Photo's Pacific Logging Sooke Div.

  2159. #2159skadill2023-01-02 23:37
  2160. #2160Grizzly12023-01-03 00:12

    Beautiful photo of a gorgeous Pacific ! Any idea what yr that was taken?

  2161. #2161bccat2023-01-03 14:37

    For me personally that’s the best picture I have seen of a big Pacific yet. And the quotation says it all, I can smell oil, diesel,wood,tires,gravel. Thank you Mr Camp tramp

  2162. #2162camptramp2023-01-04 22:47

    I'm not sure of the exact year , but if you go back to "skadill's" posting of the light blue and white #15 of Ron Peter's Trucking is a 1985 Pacific . You will notice that the Grill Bars are vertical . On this Pacific the Grill Bars are horizontal and the Air Cleaner is different than most I've had anything to do with . It's probably from the early 1980's . If I had Dave's phone # I would call him and find out for sure .

  2163. #2163camptramp2023-01-04 22:57

    BCFP Renfrew Div. #6-284 P510S Pacific on display for National Forestry Week for weekend at Duncan B.C.

  2164. #2164camptramp2023-01-04 23:16

    Bill Elliot Photo WFI Honeymoon Bay B.C.

  2165. #2165skadill2023-01-05 01:21
  2166. #216664Pacific2023-01-05 16:12

    Based on the license plate T6-6XXX I would be pretty confident to say that the photo was taken in 1988, the plate was issued sometime during the 3rd quarter of the year, so anytime between July 1st and December 31st. I don't know which truck this one is specifically but it could be anything from a 1975 to an '82 or so... Here is a good reference for BC license plates: https://www.bcpl8s.ca/Logging.htm

  2167. #2167Doug19662023-01-05 21:22

    Hi, I may be wrong but I'm going to say it is older than 88. It looks like it has the International cab, plus they used that style of air cleaner. The orange BCFP truck that camptramp drove and posted pictures is an 85 with a Pacific cab. They started doing their own cabs again after IH sold them around that time.

  2168. #2168camptramp2023-01-05 22:21

    Scroll up skadills posts . The # 4 a dark blue Pacific was bought new in 1985 by Ken Long , The light blue #15 was bought new in 1985 by Ron Peters . The orange BCFP #6-284 Pacific was bought new by BCFP in 1986 . I found Dave Scotts phone number and gave him a call . The license plate was from 1988 , The truck was a 1978 Pacific and had been in the Parksville area before Dave owned and worked it in the Sooke area .

  2169. #2169camptramp2023-01-05 22:57

    BCFP Renfrew Div. #6-280 P510S Pacific loaded on Gordon River M/L

  2170. #2170skadill2023-01-05 23:03

    I've no info on most of these pics, as they are from an endless truck photo collection from decades of collecting by a buddy. Just hoping they are enjoyed for the moment by people, instead of just sitting in albums in boxes in a basement. I'm sure some are from online sources,that were printed back to glossy photos. I cant determine that. The Hayes albums are immense, havent got to those here yet.

  2171. #217164Pacific2023-01-06 12:43

    Thank you for the update CampTramp, when looking at the photo a thought was that it's (was) a '77 but I had nothing to back up that thought. Does Mr. Scott still have the truck or know where it is? It would be awesome to dig up the serial number of this one and build a bit of a history on it.

  2172. #2172Grizzly12023-01-06 19:51

    I remember taking the first photo of the 1962 SRD-E above Kelowna in 1971 . Steve Bata owned it then, and it now resides at the Discovery Centre on Van Isl

  2173. #2173camptramp2023-01-06 22:55

    Dave Whiskin Photo's WFI Gordon River Camp

  2174. #2174skadill2023-01-06 23:49
  2175. #2175Grizzly12023-01-07 01:19

    All good SKADILL , I’ve seen them on some of your vids

  2176. #2176skadill2023-01-08 01:35
  2177. #2177camptramp2023-01-08 23:05

    Dave Whiskin Photo's WFI Gordon River Camp

  2178. #2178skadill2023-01-09 00:04
  2179. #2179skadill2023-01-10 01:34
  2180. #2180camptramp2023-01-10 23:24

    Dave Whiskin Photo's WFI Gordon River Camp

  2181. #2181camptramp2023-01-10 23:45

    Dave Whiskin Photo's Timberwest HBO Div.

  2182. #2182skadill2023-01-11 00:13
  2183. #2183camptramp2023-01-11 22:14

    Dave Whiskin Photo's Timberwest HBO Div.

  2184. #2184skadill2023-01-11 22:28
  2185. #2185camptramp2023-01-12 23:18

    Boulder Bill's Photo's

  2186. #2186skadill2023-01-13 00:01
  2187. #2187camptramp2023-01-13 22:52

    Dave Whiskin Photo's Timberwest HBO Div.

  2188. #2188Welder Dave2023-01-13 23:04

    How are the machines chained down when they move them or are they?

  2189. #2189Grizzly12023-01-13 23:05

    P9 resting near Carmi BC a few yrs ago

  2190. #2190skadill2023-01-13 23:53
  2191. #2191camptramp2023-01-14 00:51

    Behind the "Goose Neck" about one foot above the deck there is a "Lug" welded to the Goose neck centered between the "Rails" . Between the tracks on the track mounted grapple yarders and loaders there is a "Lug" welded in the center between the tracks . A very large "Turn Buckle" with large links on either end of turn buckle for adjustment is Shackled to the lowbed and yarder / loader , then tightened up . That stops the Machine from rolling off end of lowbed if brakes fail . As the deck surface of the lowbed is wooden planks , the machines don't side to either side .

  2192. #2192Hayesno12023-01-14 04:11

    The blue P500PF was shot in Port McNeill in Summer 2005

  2193. #2193Hayesno12023-01-14 04:16

    I took the picture of the 2 green P500S selfloader in Summer 2005. I went by the same place last year. It was still there but in very poor shape.

  2194. #2194Welder Dave2023-01-14 04:32

    It's a shame to see any of these great Canadian trucks left to the elements.

  2195. #2195skadill2023-01-14 21:40
  2196. #2196camptramp2023-01-14 23:10

    Dave Whiskin Photo's Timberwest HBO #40-96 P16 Pacific

  2197. #2197skadill2023-01-14 23:37
  2198. #2198Hayesno12023-01-15 03:45

    P16 at Gold River last Summer

  2199. #2199camptramp2023-01-15 23:21

    Dave Whiskin Photo's Timberwest HBO #40-96 P16 Pacific Perloader

  2200. #2200skadill2023-01-16 00:19
  2201. #2201Hayesno12023-01-17 15:27

    Pacific P16

  2202. #2202Hank R2023-01-17 16:48

    Skadill the P-10 trucks at Sparwood I drove sweet 16 for a year or so and truck #25 was owned by Barney and Ben when new.

  2203. #2203camptramp2023-01-17 23:55

    Dave Whiskin Photo's Timberwest HBO #40-96 P16 Pacific

  2204. #2204skadill2023-01-18 00:16
  2205. #2205camptramp2023-01-18 00:37

    I remember the Yellow P510S Pacific of A&L Trucking arriving at BCFP Renfrew Div. around 1986 or 87 . It seems to me there were three of them . They had a different brand of tri axel trailer than was common at the time , perhaps "Totem" . A&L had a hauling contract with Fiddick Logging a contractor for BCFP on TFL # 46

  2206. #2206skadill2023-01-19 01:09
  2207. #2207Hayesno12023-01-20 17:03

    Somehowe I think I took pictures of the red and gray P500S in Alberta Winter 2007/2008. I have to find those pictures. A little detail about that trip in Alberta. I was coach for a soccer team in Fort St. John and we went to Edmonton for a tournement and we won.

  2208. #2208Hayesno12023-01-20 17:08

    Old M&B truck then Alpine logging, Campbell River. Before and after. I got those pics from the the guy who did an awsome sandblasting job. I think his name was Fred, but I have to check…

  2209. #2209Grizzly12023-01-20 17:12

    That when Guy owned it?

  2210. #2210Hayesno12023-01-20 17:15

    Sorry I do not know

  2211. #2211skadill2023-01-20 22:58

    Sale Listing is from a brochure back from 1988

  2212. #2212camptramp2023-01-21 23:25

    Dave Whiskin Photo's Timberwest HBO #40-96 P16 Pacific

  2213. #2213skadill2023-01-22 00:27
  2214. #2214camptramp2023-01-22 22:58

    Dave Whiskin Photo Timberwest HBO Div.

  2215. #2215skadill2023-01-22 23:45
  2216. #2216Truck Shop2023-01-24 18:43

    Is this one of your photos Hank?

  2217. #2217Truck Shop2023-01-24 21:39

    For some reason this photo reminds me of the last scene in the movie {Five Easy Pieces}.

  2218. #2218skadill2023-01-24 21:46

    Pic was from North of the freeway at Lickman rd,at the foot of Chilliwack Mountain.B.C.

  2219. #2219Truck Shop2023-01-24 21:49

    Part of that movie was shot in B.C. IIRC.

  2220. #2220Hank R2023-01-24 21:53

    It is one of Hank Sudermans pictures.

  2221. #2221skadill2023-01-24 21:54

    Never heard of it before, just saw that part on youtube-real cool setting,thanks for the info!!

  2222. #2222camptramp2023-01-24 22:28

    Gord Isacson Photo I believe this is another picture from "Five easy pieces " it was shot North of Duncan B.C. in an area known as Westhome at the intersection of Mt Sicker Rd and the Trans Canada Highway View attachment 278631

  2223. #2223skadill2023-01-25 00:09
  2224. #2224Truck Shop2023-01-25 04:07

    The one Skadill posted-the other vehicles are too new-and the truck looks a little different. I think Five Easy Pieces was filmed in 1970 to 1972. This one has a older car in the back ground. Thanks for posting.

  2225. #2225Truck Shop2023-01-25 07:41

    Always liked that area when I hauled into B.C.-made a few trips to Nanaimo. There was a place I hauled clay pigeons from in North Vancouver.

  2226. #2226diamondtguy2023-01-25 12:50

    Pretty sure that would be Caldwell Ind..

  2227. #2227Truck Shop2023-01-25 13:48

    Been a long time ago but that sounds right.

  2228. #2228skadill2023-01-25 22:19

    Same truck that sparked the movie truck discussion( which was super cool) This one was A Pacific P9 though not kw,only thing similar is color and needle nose look.

  2229. #2229camptramp2023-01-26 00:20

    Pete Rigby Photo's

  2230. #2230renaud2023-01-26 22:17

    You would'nt have any pics of the 1100 with the log loader attachment by any chance would you?? Thanks in advance. Max.

  2231. #2231camptramp2023-01-27 23:15

    Gord Isacson Photo's

  2232. #2232skadill2023-01-27 23:38
  2233. #2233camptramp2023-01-28 23:33

    Gord Isacson Photo's Malloch & Moseley

  2234. #2234skadill2023-01-29 01:20
  2235. #2235Hayesno12023-01-29 15:44

    Old Pacific truck as Line horse

  2236. #2236Truck Shop2023-01-29 18:39

    Don't let Hallback see this.

  2237. #2237Tugger22023-01-29 20:51

    I can even tell him where it was.

  2238. #2238camptramp2023-01-29 23:19

    Jim Falconer Photo's

  2239. #2239John C.2023-01-29 23:33

    That looks like a winch from a D6.

  2240. #2240Tugger22023-01-29 23:44

    The Prince George arch truck ,who needs a trailer anyhow.

  2241. #2241skadill2023-01-29 23:49
  2242. #2242Hayesno12023-01-30 12:57

    Pacific P500PF Dave Mills Contracting

  2243. #2243Truck Shop2023-01-30 17:55
  2244. #2244camptramp2023-01-31 22:16

    Bruce Ridley Photo's Hayes Forest

  2245. #2245skadill2023-02-01 00:43
  2246. #2246skadill2023-02-02 00:56
  2247. #2247camptramp2023-02-02 22:28

    Gord Isacson Photo's

  2248. #2248skadill2023-02-02 23:17
  2249. #2249Hayesno12023-02-03 15:06

    I shot that pic of P500S at Tom Turners place in Campbell River in 2005 or 2007. Great guy and site to visit - allways different equipment to see/find. The 8x4 I think ran on Nothern Vancouver Island. I saw her once in Port McNeill but thought I go back next day but then she was gone.

  2250. #2250Hayesno12023-02-03 15:21

    P16 with huge trailer. I can’t remember if I took picture in 2000 or 2004 but for sure Hank’s great truck website was alive I think H24 was painted yellow before 2005 as I got a picture where HDX draw “H24” at front fender - she had dust all over her. I never forget that afternoon when HDX spent some hours of his spare time after a long working day.

  2251. #2251Hayesno12023-02-04 03:09

    A pair of P16 WFP trucks

  2252. #2252skadill2023-02-05 00:41
  2253. #2253Hayesno12023-02-05 09:00

    P16 with an old M&B lowbed

  2254. #2254Grizzly12023-02-05 17:48
  2255. #2255camptramp2023-02-05 23:18

    Island Pacific Logging #40-139 P16 Pacific .

  2256. #2256skadill2023-02-06 13:04
  2257. #2257camptramp2023-02-09 00:00

    Gord Isacson Photo's Malloch & Moseley Rivers Inlet Div.

  2258. #2258Jumbo2023-02-09 00:09

    Nice load, but I love the slide. I guess the 4 year old just came out in me.

  2259. #2259camptramp2023-02-09 22:48

    Pete Rigby Photo's

  2260. #2260skadill2023-02-10 06:24
  2261. #2261camptramp2023-02-10 22:24

    Gord Isacson Photo's Malloch 7 Moseley Rivers Inlet Div.

  2262. #2262skadill2023-02-11 00:12
  2263. #2263Hayesno12023-02-11 04:37

    Pair of P16

  2264. #2264Hayesno12023-02-11 16:08

    P500S dump trucks 1st got Pacific own cab 2nd got IH cab

  2265. #2265skadill2023-02-14 02:04
  2266. #2266Hayesno12023-02-14 14:11

    P16 preloader heading for another load

  2267. #2267Hayesno12023-02-15 13:58
  2268. #2268Hayesno12023-02-16 17:03

    P16 debris truck

  2269. #2269Hayesno12023-02-17 08:40

    P16 - old M&B truck

  2270. #2270skadill2023-02-18 00:15
  2271. #2271skadill2023-02-19 11:30
  2272. #2272Hayesno12023-02-19 13:29

    P16 Little odd- got 5 bunks

  2273. #2273John C.2023-02-19 13:42

    Kind of a ugly load on to. Was it the last load on Friday?

  2274. #2274Hank R2023-02-19 13:58

    Clean up load???

  2275. #2275diamondtguy2023-02-19 19:11

    Guessing that trailer was built for hauling junk loads..Look at the bunk configuration..

  2276. #2276Hayesno12023-02-21 17:24

    Another P16 with load at Beaver Cove

  2277. #2277skadill2023-02-22 23:34
  2278. #2278Hallback2023-02-23 08:43

    Or first on monday!

  2279. #2279diamondtguy2023-02-23 12:26

    Picture taken last week end by a friend.One of the old Allied concrete trucks.Looks like she has a new life.Truck is near Fanny Bay on Vancouver Isl.

  2280. #2280Truck Shop2023-02-23 19:58
  2281. #2281Truck Shop2023-02-24 18:10

    Any of you folks take this photo.

  2282. #2282Hank R2023-02-24 22:19

    No but it looks like Bruce Adams truck

  2283. #2283skadill2023-02-25 00:42
  2284. #228464Pacific2023-02-25 11:52

    Every time that I see one of the photos of this blue P500F I try to remember where the photos were taken. It was somewhere along a highway south of Banff on our way to Sparwood and Kaslo, I caught a glimpse of the truck, flipped around as quick as possible and pulled into the fellow's yard. A really nice guy came out and was more than happy to let some (at the time) young kid climb all over his truck and take a bunch of pictures for my then very new website.

  2285. #2285Truck Shop2023-02-26 13:51

    Photo was supposedly taken in Minsk, USSR.

  2286. #2286Hallback2023-02-26 15:46

    Go Vlad!!

  2287. #2287skadill2023-02-27 21:41
  2288. #2288Truck Shop2023-02-27 21:47

    Wow stainless twice pipes!

  2289. #2289skadill2023-02-28 22:30
  2290. #2290Truck Shop2023-03-01 07:36

    What year roughly is the yellow one above? Still has a wig wag, with later doors.

  2291. #2291Tugger22023-03-01 11:39

    Isnt the wigwag just for holding an air freshener .

  2292. #2292John C.2023-03-01 21:32

    Now I remember why so many air fresheners were always on the floor.

  2293. #229364Pacific2023-03-02 19:02

    That one is a 1978, it was previously MB truck H13.

  2294. #2294skadill2023-03-04 00:11
  2295. #2295Doug19662023-03-04 20:18

    FINISHED!! My PACIFIC P510 S and KNIGHT TRI-AXLE LOGGER.

  2296. #2296Doug19662023-03-04 20:19

    more pics

  2297. #2297Doug19662023-03-04 20:21

    more pics

  2298. #2298Doug19662023-03-04 20:24

    More

  2299. #2299Doug19662023-03-04 20:25

    more pics

  2300. #2300Doug19662023-03-04 20:29

    last ones

  2301. #2301Truck Shop2023-03-04 21:03

    Very nice work-perfect!

  2302. #2302skadill2023-03-08 22:20
  2303. #2303skadill2023-03-11 00:13
  2304. #2304skadill2023-03-13 00:54
  2305. #2305skadill2023-03-13 00:55
  2306. #2306skadill2023-03-13 23:46
  2307. #2307skadill2023-03-15 23:53
  2308. #2308skadill2023-03-19 22:10
  2309. #2309skadill2023-03-24 22:43
  2310. #2310skadill2023-03-29 23:13
  2311. #2311skadill2023-04-01 22:34
  2312. #2312skadill2023-04-01 22:34
  2313. #2313skadill2023-04-04 01:01
  2314. #2314skadill2023-04-07 00:06
  2315. #2315skadill2023-04-11 23:18
  2316. #2316skadill2023-04-11 23:19
  2317. #2317skadill2023-04-18 23:40
  2318. #2318skadill2023-04-18 23:41
  2319. #2319skadill2023-04-23 22:29
  2320. #2320Jumbo2023-04-23 22:43

    Is there a photo of the trailer down? I don't think I've seen a configuration like what I think I'm seeing.

  2321. #2321skadill2023-04-29 22:54
  2322. #2322skadill2023-05-04 00:58
  2323. #2323Welder Dave2023-05-04 01:07

    A dump truck like that Pacific would be nice to have. It looks quite a bit bigger than the Ford beside it. The 1st pic. the front wheel looks a little tweaked.

  2324. #2324skadill2023-05-04 09:53

    I think just the driver side is on a side hill, and the frame is keeping it rigid.I took that pic.The owner of that loader truck used to load that thing as heavy as a long logger. There is stories of him not being able to turn corners without a few tries because the front wheels were nearly in the air. He did his best hauling on the weekends.

  2325. #2325Welder Dave2023-05-04 14:26

    The loader truck does look a little abused and neglected.

  2326. #2326skadill2023-05-06 22:03
  2327. #2327Truck Shop2023-05-18 15:02

    NMP.

  2328. #2328skadill2023-05-22 21:44
  2329. #2329Sven2023-08-13 01:22

    The truck was built by Profix Maintenance in Campbell River. It was built for Blue Thunder Contracting.

  2330. #2330Hallback2023-08-13 09:51

    Are there any of those sows out there parked anywhere? I would love to buy one.

  2331. #2331Plebeian2023-08-14 16:08

    Pro-fix put together a fixed deck log loader carrier for Wahkash Contracting in 2022. About – jennaindustries and Mountain Forestry Equipment might know where an old truck is. Pro-fix mobile maintenance ltd (ProfixCR - facebook url title)

  2332. #2332Hank R2023-10-24 19:32

    Going through some old files and found these.

  2333. #2333Welder Dave2023-10-24 20:11

    Wow, almost 3/4 of a million pounds.

  2334. #2334dirty4fun2023-10-24 20:35

    H 17 pulled triples at one time he grossed out 5K pound under a million pounds. Quite a load to manage, around corners.

  2335. #2335LN Pipeline2023-10-24 21:34

    Did you do anything with that twin steer you bought a few years ago?

  2336. #2336diamondtguy2023-10-25 01:10

    Pretty sure that's Ian Brown in the the first of four P-16 super trucks.Truck is powered by a 16V71, alilison trans and a 2spd cotta aux trans

  2337. #2337Welder Dave2023-10-25 03:02

    It's a damn impressive truck to haul almost a million pounds by itself.

  2338. #2338PacificTruckfan20222023-10-25 09:31

    The more pictures I see of these trucks the more impressive they get. Great pictures

  2339. #2339Hallback2023-10-25 09:56

    Shorten the frame to get the wheelbase down to 206 and that's about it. Found out that it had a stuck valve which broke a rocker stand so it's just been sitting since. I need to do something with it though as I would like to build a line spool truck out of it.

  2340. #2340Former Wrench2023-10-25 12:38

    Where is it parked? I would like to see it.

  2341. #2341Hallback2023-10-26 22:54

    Sitting at my shop in Aberdeen.

  2342. #2342Hayesno12024-01-28 18:21

    Some P16s

  2343. #2343Jumbo2024-01-28 18:31

    Just out of curiosity, what is the major reason for making off-set cabs. I drove a DM800 for a few years interchanging it when it was broke down with a R600 and I never saw or felt any reason to have an offset cab. Pacifics, Hayes, Mack all used offset cabs. The KW 848 I drove for a short moment in time had a centered cab. I'm sure there was a reason, I just never knew it.

  2344. #2344Truck Shop2024-01-28 19:20

    One thing I can think of is frame width and the ease of matching up steering and clutch components possibly.

  2345. #2345Welder Dave2024-01-28 20:55

    Probably don't carry passengers too often and it allows room for the huge air cleaner so it isn't sticking outside the width of the frame. Exhaust also doesn't stick out. I'm not sure how much wider the off highway trucks are but maybe the dash and all the cab interior is shared with the highway models.

  2346. #2346Truck Shop2024-01-28 21:19

    Same cab, except severe duty.

  2347. #2347Tugger22024-01-28 21:28

    The offset gives better visibility on logging roads . you can keep lined up on the cliff side or the ditch side depending on which way the road is running down.Theres a lot of hood on those things to try and look over ,especially in close quarters in landings .im no log hauler ,but as a young shop guy id go for a burn in one every chance i got.

  2348. #2348Hallback2024-01-28 21:32

    This is it right here. You can look out that driver's window right down and see where your tires are at on the ground. If you're in a centered cab truck you're just relying on your mirrors for your rear view and basically running by feel or blind for the steers

  2349. #2349Truck Shop2024-01-28 21:54

    I thought about that and almost added it to my post, but then in that area at the bottom of the planet you would have to move the cab to the right, but they don't have any trees worth much so not much need in a truck like that down there, nz has a few trees left.

  2350. #2350Tugger22024-01-28 22:17

    We still have lots of trees left here on Vancouver Island ,even some of that elusive old growth hidden away from the clutches of the greenies.Theres still a few Fat Trucks running here .

  2351. #2351petepilot2024-01-28 23:09

    roughly how many square miles on the island?

  2352. #2352skyking12024-01-28 23:14

    12,400 sq mi.

  2353. #2353skadill2024-02-02 19:27
  2354. #2354Hallback2024-02-02 20:38

    Oh gosh those are beautiful trucks! I would love to have a P16 line horse

  2355. #2355skadill2024-02-03 22:24
  2356. #2356skadill2024-02-04 22:30
  2357. #2357skadill2024-02-11 00:28
  2358. #2358skadill2024-02-14 09:48
  2359. #2359Hank R2024-02-14 10:44

    The Black P510S is Billy Pierce's truck from Merritt. I heard he still has that truck.

  2360. #2360diamondtguy2024-02-14 16:46

    He bought two trucks over time. Both were black. You will notice one has Dayton wheels and one has buds..Mark would know which truck he still has..Here is a pic of one of them sitting in Pacific's compound..I do remember the trucks...

  2361. #2361Hank R2024-02-14 17:01

    The one that I posted truck is his first Pacific round headlights. In 1980 a friend Bill Pierce from Merritt ordered a new P-510-S with a 8V92, 435hp 15 speed. He took delivery of this truck on March 3, 1980 since the logging here was shut down for break-up. He thought he would head north to Prince George B.C. and work the truck for 3 or 4 weeks. Usually when you buy a new truck there are a few glitches and could be fixed before mid May the start of our logging season, however there were no problems. The local truckers kept calling his truck 2 story conventional since the Pacific sat high. In 1984 Pacific made a sales promotional video featuring their trucks, off-highway loggers, P-510 trucks and oilfield trucks working. This video was called "Pacific Built Like No Other Truck" Bill's truck was featured in this video a shining jet black P-510-S with chrome grill guard, and nice blue pin strips. Having just watched this video Oct, 2005 it was interesting to see Bill driving with all his hair and front teeth. I forget the specs, on his 2nd truck but lots of power. his second truck a 84 ???? is the one he still has. Pacific switched from round headlight in 84 sometime. As 85 had rectangle headlights.

  2362. #2362diamondtguy2024-02-14 17:17

    Thanks for the story. I was pretty sure both trucks were built during my time there. They were beautiful trucks..

  2363. #2363skadill2024-02-18 23:34
  2364. #2364skadill2024-02-18 23:42

    The Black Pacific from Merritt summer 2023

  2365. #2365Doug19662024-02-19 21:01

    WOW. Can't believe it's still there. Been years since i've been through there and remember seeing it.

  2366. #2366skadill2024-02-20 20:21
  2367. #2367bccat2024-02-21 00:18

    Pat Carson Bulldozing sure had some nice equipment & really looked after them

  2368. #2368Dan dlm2024-03-07 15:53

    Took these today if anyone’s has info on the owner shoot me a message I wouldn’t mind adding it to the collection

  2369. #2369skadill2024-03-10 22:19
  2370. #2370Truck Shop2024-03-29 21:32
  2371. #2371diamondtguy2024-03-30 02:50

    That is the ex CZ P-16 super truck that was originally built with a 12V92TT allison and a Cotta 2spd. Rebuilt by Dane Devol.

  2372. #2372skadill2024-04-01 22:11
  2373. #2373Hank R2024-04-20 10:52

    These picture I got from Mike taken in 1993 near the Duncan scales PCB (Pat Carson Bulldozing)

  2374. #2374Hank R2024-04-20 10:55
  2375. #2375Hank R2024-04-21 10:32

    Pacific is one of T.H. Hawthornthwaite's fleet of logging

  2376. #2376Hank R2024-04-22 19:43

    Not a logging truck but its a Pacific. picture taken in 93 so truck was about 8 to 10 years old.

  2377. #2377Hank R2024-04-22 21:09

    Hope this works do not know what I am doing wrong.

  2378. #2378Truck Shop2024-04-22 21:11

    I had to go back to my old camera----site couldn't handle photo size.

  2379. #2379Welder Dave2024-05-25 23:04

    Not a logging truck but a lone Pacific among several Hayes and a couple Kenworth's. All owned by the same person.

  2380. #2380Hank R2024-08-08 23:21

    Early 60's Pacific still working as standby at a sawmill in case of fire.

  2381. #2381Hank R2024-08-09 07:56
  2382. #2382camptramp2025-01-03 22:13

    Gordon Franklin Collection Ken Long's #4 a 1985 Pacific P510S with Knight Trailer , triaxle trailer and rigging . At Honeymoon Bay DLS with an "Off Highway" load .

  2383. #2383Hank R2025-04-23 07:45

    Got from a friend Mike in New Zealand last night.

  2384. #2384Hank R2025-04-23 07:49
  2385. #2385Hank R2025-04-23 10:54

    This picture I had a hard time getting to a smaller size for some reason.

  2386. #2386Welder Dave2025-04-23 16:19

    A small pic. doesn't do it justice. Very nice trucks for sure.

  2387. #2387Rayden2025-04-26 01:27

    Does anyone by chance have any photos of wrecked trucks or in similar states of disrepair

  2388. #2388Welder Dave2025-04-26 01:41

    I think if you go through this thread there's some pics. of trucks in less than ideal condition.

  2389. #2389Truck Shop2025-04-26 05:57

    I--also known as mr. negative had a complete file of wrecked and totally mangled trucks of all kinds. But it just so happens I deleted it about three months ago to make room for another folder. There were some dandy's in that folder, I never posted very much of it because it didn't express a kinder gentler nation and would stir people up,, and we can't have that can we.

  2390. #2390Rayden2025-04-26 08:45

    Is there a way you can send me that folder or photos? I'm working on a college project and that would be perfect for a section I'm doing on then and now and untold stories of lost giant's

  2391. #2391John Shipp2025-04-26 08:46

    Sounds like he's deleted it mate.

  2392. #2392Truck Shop2025-04-26 10:28

    Sorry--but like said above I deleted that folder. All I have are a few OTR's left that belonged to the company I worked for. I'll post those under Thread {Any Brand Log Trucks}.

  2393. #2393mekanik2025-04-26 11:02

    A shop I worked at also ran a body shop. I have seen some horrifically crashed trucks Some of the drivers did not do well. I would not like to see pictures of that.

  2394. #2394mekanik2025-04-26 11:16

    One of our customers had a fleet of KW logging trucks. They bought a new truck from us and when we were getting it ready the driver told me he was going to drive for three more years then he would be 70 and then he was going to retire. He told me that at 70 he would have driven a logging truck for exactly 50 years. A few days later he crashed the truck coming down a mountain with a load on. He survived with only minor injuries. When the truck was towed to our shop I was amazed that anyone could have survived in it. the logs slid forward crushing the cab. I still think it must have been divine intervention. They had to use the jaws of life to get the driver out.

  2395. #239592U 34062025-04-26 14:41

    BC logging - not a matter of if you flop a truck, it's a matter of when. Grew up around loggers and there are very few lifetime haulers that haven't smacked up a truck a little bit.

  2396. #2396Rayden2025-09-07 22:39

    is this a pacific? Or if not could anybody tell me what it is?

  2397. #2397diamondtguy2025-09-07 23:37

    Looks a Mack cab to me..

  2398. #2398Truck Shop2025-09-08 04:50

    Mack had a wide cab split windshield, FWD & Oshkosh used similar with no split on most. Thing is all three shared same cabs-not even sure the cab was fully Mack manufactured. It looks like Mack cracker box construction. Funny thing about Mack, if Mack was even remotely proud of it, it said "Mack" on it about 20 places with some spaghetti, bread sticks, caesar salad with Volare or That's Amore playing in back ground. If not, it would not say anything on the outside and have tiny tag covered by 4 coats of paint and need a microscope to read it.

  2399. #2399crane operator2025-09-08 07:09

    The cab looks like two old CCC (Crane Carrier Corp) single cabs married together. But the picture looks like europe to me.

  2400. #2400trucker12025-09-08 09:20

    Do you think it could be a Dart? I know they would custom build a lot of one offs. George

  2401. #2401Truck Shop2025-09-08 09:32

    Anything is possible with off highway.

  2402. #2402Truck Shop2025-09-08 09:38

    FWD at bottom.

  2403. #2403Truck Shop2025-09-08 09:45

    KW Dart--see everyone used a common built cab. *

  2404. #2404Truck Shop2025-09-08 10:17

    Oshkosh built their own cabs going way back to 50's, more than likely built for others. *

  2405. #2405Alusium2025-09-11 20:39

    TikTok - Make Your Day

  2406. #2406Truck Shop2025-09-11 21:43

    Those aren't tiktok, don't go to tictok.

  2407. #2407Alusium2025-09-12 19:41
  2408. #2408Hayesno12025-12-05 17:59

    It is a CCC. I have seen another pic of this truck at Hank’s truck web site Manu years ago. Sadly it’s no more. The above pic is of poor quality but above rad it says CCC

  2409. #2409Hank R2026-03-01 07:42

    Just rebuilt on the island , before and after , mid 70’s P 10 spent a few years in a P 10, 335 Cummins with a 5 and 4. Just not this truck.

  2410. #2410Hank R2026-03-01 07:46

    Spotted in Kentucky USA . My guess a P 12 since it has a straight frame. A heavy haul truck for push pull loads. Look to be in excellent shape.

  2411. #2411Truck Shop2026-03-01 10:24

    I see someone put a aftercooler on that 335, made it 350. Or just put a early SC 350 or a BC 350 plus, at any rate it has a early pre 1979 aftercooler. * Feel sorry for that Pacific being stuck in Kentucky.

  2412. #2412mowingman2026-03-01 12:35

    Well, there are a lot of mountain roads in Ky and they still move large mining equipment from time to time. Looks pretty well cared for.

  2413. #2413Truck Shop2026-03-01 14:38

    Get a mack.

  2414. #2414Hank R2026-03-01 20:33

    P 12

  2415. #2415Hank R2026-03-02 07:39

    P 12 6x6 in last picture one can realize how huge this truck is.

  2416. #2416Truck Shop2026-03-02 09:18

    Like the suspension mounting on those types, it actually dwarfs the drive housings.

  2417. #2417mekanik2026-03-02 09:44

    I rebuilt a lot of those diffs. Clark BD90,000 and BD91,000. The front and rear were the same. The 91,000 had needle bearings on the spider gears. There were two common ratios. 15.033 and 13.298.

  2418. #2418Welder Dave2026-03-03 00:47

    A shame they don't make them anymore. They were super heavy duty trucks.

  2419. #2419Hank R2026-03-03 08:22
  2420. #2420Hank R2026-03-04 11:25

    Pacific P 12 most photograph load

  2421. #2421Hank R2026-03-04 11:28
  2422. #2422Jumbo2026-03-04 12:15

    I've actually never see this photo. But, I recognize the truck, they were unloading a barge in Savannah about 10 years ago wile I was down there doing RR heavy lift work.. It appeared to be a very sketchy unload as the barge wanted to list to the side as they came off the barge. All was well, but we all stopped and watched the complete process until the truck was on solid ground.

  2423. #2423Welder Dave2026-03-04 17:40

    What's sad is Pacific was owned by IH and built way better/heavier duty trucks! Why didn't IH use at least some of the Pacific technology and engineering? They'd probably have a lot more trucks on the road than they do and a better reputation.

  2424. #2424Jumbo2026-03-04 17:54

    Profit......

  2425. #2425Welder Dave2026-03-05 01:03

    If they were marketed better could have been very profitable for IH. There is a restored Pacific listed for $475,000. That gives an idea how desirable they are. Quite a few have had or are going through complete restorations. They are truly made for long life service.

  2426. #2426Jumbo2026-03-05 01:29

    But the bean counters said they were losing money on them.....

  2427. #2427Welder Dave2026-03-05 01:32

    Idiots that didn't realize how good of a product they had.

  2428. #2428Jumbo2026-03-05 01:39

    Too good a product isn't profitable.... It needs to break regularly so they can sell parts. Preferably having expensive parts break. You and I are probably both too old and still rely on reliability.... If whatever supreme being that designed the human life form had worked for a large corporation we all would be needing new body parts for an inflated price by the time we were 20.

  2429. #2429Welder Dave2026-03-05 02:17

    Just think maybe Pacific could have been offered through IH dealers or a larger dealer network. Some bean counters just aren't happy even if they are making a profit. Thomas skid steers are a good example. They were owned by McCain foods and even won Canada export awards. Sometime I think when the McCain brothers were fighting over who should take over the reigns they decided Thomas wasn't making enough money and sold off the company. They were pretty popular in Canada in the 90's and into the 2000's. What was an absolute horrible mistake and probably one of the worst in Canadian history was changing the name to Protough, which nobody had ever heard of and putting multiple machines in auctions in the US to try to get into the US market. They were selling for peanuts because everybody thought they were overseas machines. They were selling for half price or less. This gave them a bad reputation that wasn't deserved. People associated the low auction prices with low quality. They used all top brand name components. About the only worse business deal in Canada was Target trying to open hundreds of new stores in Canada all at the same time. It was a billion dollar plus disaster. One of the main people involved was hired by Acklands Grainger when they wanted to get rid of all the regional managers and thousands of Canadian employee's when starting the move to change it to just Grainger. She was a real piece of work but I can't remember her name. She had a meeting at the main offices were I worked in technical support. They wanted to run the Canadian division the same as the US and it was a complete disaster! They failed to realize Canada is a completely different market than the US. A couple years before Acklands was doing over a billion in sales. I think sales dropped to about $600,000. Every idea they had to raise sales backfired. They wanted all customers to have accounts and didn't want walk in customers. Walk ins had to order what they need and come back a couple hours later to get their items even though they were in stock! They changed the computer system and a lot of customers got fed up and left. A few blocks away another large industrial supplier in Alberta was loving it. Gregg Distributer's main location always has a line up of 8 or more walk in customers and serves free donuts and coffee. They also have good stock of everything. Acklands Grainger was constantly out of stock of items. I doubt they ever got back to where they were. Classic example of how not to do things.

  2430. #2430Hank R2026-03-05 07:12

    In this picture there Pacific is the pusher truck.

  2431. #2431Mr. Wrench2026-03-05 18:22

    That is a neat rig. I wonder what the load is?

  2432. #2432Welder Dave2026-03-05 18:26

    Looks like a transformer.

  2433. #2433Hank R2026-03-05 19:26

    Do not know, But sure glad I do not have to buy all the tires for that trailer set up.

  2434. #2434Welder Dave2026-03-05 20:54

    That's nothing. Counting the multiple trucks towing an 820 tonne vessel longer than a football field there were something like 932 tires! I'd imagine the tire pressures all had to be checked before the move as well.

  2435. #2435Hank R2026-03-06 07:20
  2436. #2436Truck Shop2026-03-06 17:43

    Lampson custom built their own lowboys, with multi axle steer cars. Most of this was used to move from Burbank, Columbia/Snake River to the Hanford Nuclear site and dam projects. *

  2437. #2437Truck Shop2026-03-06 18:21

    International had the same issues White truck company had, too many irons in the fire. International bought up X amount of agriculture manufactures early on, and kept branching out to construction equipment and even consumer goods. White had the same issues and went from trucks to construction to agriculture and finally bought a mom & pop toaster company. * IH had no business buying Pacific, they looked at it as leverage in the heavy truck market. And White should have stayed with White, both trying to compete in a narrow market only to fizzle. Truthfully Kenworth should have absorbed Pacific and combined both trucks engineering, but leave Pacific name and manufacturing under it's own umbrella built in Canada. Kenworth would have had 70% plus of specialized heavy built truck market. IMO. * When you stand back and look at the mistakes made by corporate CEO's and their minions it's just way too many to count. Jacks of all management and masters of none. Being really good at building one thing is what's important, building a bunch of stuff that is mediocre is what consumers remember. Look at Lucas the prince of Darkness, anything electrical stamped Lucas was looked upon with much skepticism.

  2438. #2438Welder Dave2026-03-06 20:04

    IH owned the Ag market before JD. Massey Ferguson made some big mistakes too. Buying Hanomag was one of them and was a big reason the industrial division tanked. The 2000 series tractors had a lot of problems with the 24 speed transmissions. The 8 speed tractors were fine but the 24 speed problems gave them a bad reputation overall. Massey also had a strangle hold on the combine market in the 60's, 70's and 80's. I think it was Conrad Black who ran them into the ground. The name stayed because they were still the best selling tractors worldwide. Mostly because of the smaller tractors and Ferguson system 3 pt. hitch.

  2439. #2439Truck Shop2026-03-06 20:35

    Either way, it's been said {don't buy a car or truck from a company that makes farm equipment}.

  2440. #2440Welder Dave2026-03-06 20:39

    Pacific would be the exception!

  2441. #2441Hank R2026-03-07 11:29
  2442. #2442Mr. Wrench2026-03-07 16:48

    Is that a 12V71 or a 12V92 under the hood?

  2443. #2443Welder Dave2026-03-07 17:28

    I'd guess a 12V-71 as it was common in them. Not sure when the 92's came out.

  2444. #2444Truck Shop2026-03-07 21:04

    Mid 1974.

  2445. #2445Welder Dave2026-03-07 22:20

    How do you tell the difference?

  2446. #2446Truck Shop2026-03-07 22:52

    Physically a 8V92 is same size as a 8V71. The early 92's were green with stamped steel rocker covers, Silvers had the late version aluminum rocker covers. That's at a quick glance. The early 92's were Double OO's, basically a 8V71 with 92 cu.in cylinders.

  2447. #2447Welder Dave2026-03-08 00:53

    So the engine above is a 12V-92 with aluminum valve covers? I recall the early 92's had problems because the 71 bottom end wasn't strongest enough for the increased power.

  2448. #2448Welder Dave2026-03-08 03:01

    Did some reading and apparently 12V-92's weren't common in trucks but were popular in marine applications. Apparently the 12V-71 has a much better reputation for reliability. 12V-71 has dry liners and 12V-92 has wet liners. Not sure which is better? I guess you wouldn't get pits in dry liners.

  2449. #2449Screamin' Jimmy2026-03-08 03:29

    I saw this truck in a photo you took in 2015. Is it still running?

  2450. #2450Truck Shop2026-03-08 08:19

    Covers could be fitted to both. Early 92's were a punched out 71 block, with 71 lower end.

  2451. #2451Hank R2026-03-08 10:41

    I saw this truck in a photo you took in 2015. Is it still running? I do not know but my guess it is some where working.

  2452. #2452Screamin' Jimmy2026-03-11 11:22

    Who has the full high-res version of this manual?

  2453. #2453Doug19662026-03-11 14:56

    I'll have look thru my stuff tonight. I might have that one.

  2454. #2454Screamin' Jimmy2026-03-14 09:17

    This magazine looks awesome! Can I still get this issue?

  2455. #2455Hayesno12026-04-10 16:50

    From Hayes Aniversary show in 2022

  2456. #2456Hayesno12026-04-10 16:52

    Nice P16 with load

  2457. #2457crane operator2026-04-20 17:06

    If someone is looking for a pacific to restore, there's a pretty nice one for sale in texas. $5,000, cummins. Originally a drill rig, says right on the one tag in the pictures. I would like to buy it for a counterweight hauling truck, but its just more work than I can put into a old truck, and try to use it everyday. The body looks pretty straight in the pictures, and it isn't all rusted out. From the ad: Cummins NTC855 475 HP Fuller 8 Speed 20K F / 46K Rear 143,308 KM 6,300 Hours Wheelbase 250" Cab to End of Frame 265" This is a Non-Titled Texas vehicle. A Non-Titled vehicle registration receipt will be provided. Pictures if the ad disappears: Facebook www.facebook.com

  2458. #2458crane operator2026-04-20 17:07

    I think the no title thing could be kind of a pain, depending on your state dmv. In some states, the drill rigs are their own thing, kind of like my truck cranes, and don't need titles.

  2459. #2459Truck Shop2026-04-20 19:04

    @475 horsepower it should/could be a variable time twin turbo 855.

  2460. #2460mekanik2026-04-20 22:43

    The NTC-475 was Cummins worst engine until they built the NTC-444

  2461. #2461Truck Shop2026-04-21 05:25

    Followed by the ISX.

  2462. #2462Oxbow2026-06-08 03:44

    This may be of interest: https://www.ironplanet.com/jsp/s/item/14352686?&feedage=20260606&feedacct=IPUSA&equip_id=14352686&auc_id=24284690&utm_content=Trucks%ef%bf%bdConventional_mpe&utm_source=criteo&utm_medium=display&utm_campaign=IP-NA-USCAN-CR-RET-BUY-FEED-Bids&utm_id=489039&cto_pld=mlp4VM8mAACprYoJYgpY6g

  2463. #2463Truck Shop2026-06-08 04:38

    Cheap with no title.

  2464. #2464John C.2026-06-08 20:24

    Why title an off road truck?

  2465. #2465Hallback2026-06-08 20:28

    So you can prove ownership. So you can get it into the States, so you can obtain license plates for it and run it down the road with the necessary oversized load permitting

  2466. #2466Truck Shop2026-06-08 20:42

    Ownership is the big one, right now there is so much stuff on MP listed as bill of sale no title. Some has worth but no one will touch, listed for weeks on end. And Washington is very tough on credible titles.

  2467. #2467John C.2026-06-08 21:23

    Last I dealt with one I was told Washington State would not issue title as they were considered equipment. All I have dealt with were sold on a bill of sale.

  2468. #2468Truck Shop2026-06-08 22:11

    While that is partially true, if for any use on county/state highways then that changes because of fuel usage, on road or is it off. Ton's of grey area that can change with usage.

  2469. #2469crane operator2026-06-09 07:26

    Seems like a lot of work, just to sell it. You would think if they needed it enough to rebuild it, they wouldn't want to get rid of it. It looks like the 5th wheel is hydraulic raise, what locks it in when its in the "down" position? Is it just in some 1/2 saddles that catch it? Not sure I would have done all the aluminum fuel tank/ hyd tank/ headache rack either. If its meant to do rough work in the woods, I guess I would have gone steel. Maybe its now just a toy? Refurb list: Rebuild rear spring saddles Sandblast frame and remaining steel parts Hand sand and prime Cab Primer entire shell Rebuild spring saddles Chrome air cleaners All new custom exhaust Install new hood latches Custom-made engine fan shroud New pedal assemblies New pedal rubbers New muffler & chrome guard Complete new AC installed Install new electric control board 2 New 8D Batteries Re-bearing both Clark 91,000 lb rearends Replace all universal joints All new brakes, hubs, slack adjusters Refurbished steering column New turn signal New glass in Cab New aluminum stairway both sides on Cab Aluminum battery covers New heater Install new steps front bumper Custom built Jenna all aluminum headache racks & chain locker Custom built all aluminum fuel tank Refurbished interior headliner New interior door panels New interior rear panels New weatherstripping & door felts New sun visors New driver and passenger seats Build two new front steel fenders LED headlights and marker lights Three new back-up & side cameras New marine plywood (1-inch floor) New floor mat and mud flaps All new mirrors

  2470. #2470Jumbo2026-06-09 09:45

    I'm guessing someone went out of business just after refurbishing the truck. It appears the trailer is for sale also.

  2471. #2471Hank R2026-06-09 11:01

    The company that does the rebuild has been buying these trucks up and going over them so the are new. A lot have been sold to Mines as Prime movers I heard. They have recently bought a Butler-Brothers logging truck and are working on it. There is a topic on it.

  2472. #2472YT13002026-08-20 20:57

    Watched this a few days ago, and tonight I was like thinking maybe someone here would like this too You even have a photo of what was the very first and rather small 'shed' they did business from in.

  2473. #2473diamondtguy2026-08-20 23:50

    We only built 3 12V92TT Trucks. Preloader P-16's for Cown Zellerback. They were Super Trucks. They had a aux 2spd Cotta trans as well. They had a 16V71 Super Truck as well. It was the first one.That truck and tons of other CZ stuff was swept off a barge in a storm.

  2474. #2474Welder Dave2026-08-21 00:09

    That really sucks!

  2475. #2475diamondtguy2026-08-21 01:09

    Agreed.. They lost the whole camp. I beleive I got these pics from HDX. The water is not the deep but I believe a yarder is on the trucks. The driver of the 16V71 super truck was Ian Brown