Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pag or ester oil d5k a/c

dirtmonkey ยท 2011-07-16 18:13

Hey its dirt monkey, im finally replacing the dryer/accumulator on my D5k xl, when i pull a vaccum and recharge,will i need to add PAG or Ester oil and i forgot to ask CAT before they closed. I hate doing this type of work on the weekends when everyone is closed but when your self employed ....:beatsme

Replies3
  1. #1willie592011-07-16 21:16

    What I've heard is ester oil is for R12 units and PAG is for R134A systems. How much to add? I don't know that, sorry.

  2. #2dirtmonkey2011-07-17 09:48

    Thanks willie59 , thats what i was thinking just wasnt sure. I think about 8oz is whats normal in most sytstems but dont know for sure. Ill try alittle as i go. THANKS AGAIN FOR YOUR QUICK REPLY!

  3. #3SE-Ia Cowman2011-07-17 19:40

    If it has a sandeen compressor or a denzo compressor it wil likely take 8 oz of 46wt pag