Hey all, I am working on a 226B Cat that when you push the park brake switch the brake light and arm bar switch flash. It has all new switches for that circuit. The one thing I noticed is that the arm bar switch light is dim when it comes on. Can anyone help???
The seat switch is a notorious offender in that circuit.
If you want to try to chase the problem yourself a Serial Number would get you the Electrical Schematic. Does it have a door or an open cab..? Because if it’s an open cab there is a bypass harness for the door switch that also is known to give problems.
The seat switch is new and working. It is an open cab machine so no door switch. This one has me stumped me for sure.
An open door machine has a bypass harness instead of a door switch. The bypass harness connections are known to give trouble.
I have also found that connecting and tested it, all is good.
If an Electrical Schematic would help you then please start a conversation with me by clicking on my username. Give me the machine Serial Number and your email address and I can email it to you.
Dim light sounds like a ground problem maybe
Thanks all the ECM had a short in it.