Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Parts book access

heymccall ยท 2024-06-21 19:12

I can lookup Deere, Cat, Case online. Komatsu with a log-in. My Hyundai dealer says not possible. Ironically, they are also my Kobelco dealer, which they also say is not possible. Does Kobelco and/or Hyundai make this possible? Before I go up and down, or around, somebody, I was just curious

Replies9
  1. #1kshansen2024-06-21 19:19

    I can kind-of understand not letting people have access to things like service manuals or recall information. But not parts books at least for people that own the equipment, maybe restrict price information. I can see where a large company with hundreds of machines could be getting a discount where a small time operator with one little excavator might be charged full list price.

  2. #2Joe H2024-06-28 01:23

    Show me the dealer that sells anything at only list price. Joe H

  3. #3heymccall2024-06-28 08:28

    In this case, every other bobcat dealer within driving distance of my jobsites.

  4. #4David P (CAT)2024-06-28 11:12

    Hi. The Kobelco website has an online Parts manual, just create an account. https://www.kobelconet.com/PartsManual/F00050.

  5. #5heymccall2024-06-28 11:29

    So, what's you're saying is that my dealer is stupid

  6. #6David P (CAT)2024-06-28 13:10

    IDK about your dealer...but maybe... maybe they just don't know. i used to work for a dealer that would not give you a cat account without a customer account first for SIS or parts.cat.com. but another dealer just required an email acount and i got acces to customer version of SIS. dealers decide what they want to give you. I personaly think when you buy a pice of equipment you should get a parts manual an owners manual and a toolbox with basic tools for regular maintenance

  7. #7heymccall2024-06-28 14:38

    We did receive a paper parts manuals for these Kobelcos and Hyundais. But I ain't carrying 17 books just for 2 brands.

  8. #8David P (CAT)2024-07-01 07:00

    Goodmorning, Do you have an partsmanual for a Terex TA300?

  9. #9heymccall2024-07-01 09:13

    Probably. Just no access to it right now.