Does anyone have the parts manual exploded drawing for a 2005 Cat D5G dozer on the environmental controls. My temp control knob started to spin freely and not control the temperature so I removed the panel to have a better look. I lost the "twisted ribbon" metal piece into the bowels of the frame. As soon as I finish my current job and get back to the shop I'll remove the batteries and try to find it but am at loss as to how it is assembled to the temperature control knob. I can use a needle nose pliers to adjust the temperature right now but want to get it fixed the right way.
Not sure if you have a cab or not or if it matters: I can't figure out how to get the part number list to show up. What number you looking for?
First photo is the assembly minus the lost twisted ribbon. Second photo is where the ribbon attaches to the brass fitting. I'm trying to determine if the twisted ribbon part can be ordered or if one must buy the complete assembly.
Looks like you need the 153-6271 cable assembly, which is #9. I don't see anything else listed separately on the temp control knob except a jam nut and lock washer.
Thanks for looking up the parts Don. Looks like it will be a little more work than I first thought. I'm glad its not the AC compressor in the middle of summer!