Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Paving ?s

Dozerboy ยท 2006-02-22 21:41

I'm going to have to do some patch work at work and I don't know how much to get how much ~area will 1 ton of AC do? Thanks

Replies5
  1. #1digger242j2006-02-22 23:03

    Of course, it depends on how thick it'll be. Assuming you know how to figure out how Length X Width X Depth equals cubic feet, a figure of 145 lbs/cubic foot has been given for asphalt (from the one page linked below). Here is a link to a handy table of quantities per sq. yard: http://www.apai.net/apai2003/designguide_0605/designguide/Appendix_C-B.pdf Also, a link to a National Asphalt Pavement Association web page that teaches how to figure quantities: http://www.hotmix.org/hdq/How_to_Determine_Quantities.htm

  2. #2Dozerboy2006-02-23 22:03

    Thank you very much you just saved me a few phone calls and sounding like a fool to material sales.

  3. #3digger242j2006-02-23 23:40

    You're welcome. It's a question that seems to come up fairly often. I figured it would be worth it to post links to the info (especially since I didn't have it memorized myself anyway...)

  4. #4MSC2006-02-24 21:30

    Here's an easy way to figure it if you know your square feet. total s.f, divide by 9, then divide by 6, this will give you how many tons you will need. This is at 3 inches thick. Rich

  5. #5Dozerboy2006-02-24 22:10

    Thanks I like easy.