Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Traveling Crews

littledenny ยท 2006-02-21 19:57

I've got a question or two regarding whether any of you guys manage or are a member of a traveling crew, and what you give/have for benefits for the travelers. I've seen examples where companies provide two to a room lodging and a per diem for meals for a crew that travels to work Monday morn, on the clock, and comes home on Friday, off the clock. I've also run onto a crew that was provided a travel trailer and 150.00 a week for groceries ( though they tended to buy their own meals at the burger barn, and use the dough for barley pop.) Any insight into what is right and fair, or at least what is the standard in your area would be appreciated. (Bound to be a war story or two in here somewhere.)

Replies2
  1. #1DR RPM2006-02-22 20:06

    The way our company handles it is, every person gets there own room and $35 a day for grub or $95 a day if you look after yourself ( travel trailer or stay at friends place ) and travel time to and from work center.:bash

  2. #2Dozerboy2006-02-22 20:57

    Last year I had to travel IIRC I got $25 a day for meals, a hotel room (2 to a room, but they would get you a single if you had a semi good reason), and 0.30 a mile out side the county to and from the job.