Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

pc 400-7 pump sevo piston breakage

cat 385 ยท 2013-01-14 08:04

The breakage of main hydraulic pump sevo pistons in pc 400- 7 has happened in two differatnt machine in our fleet. is it a common problems in komatsu pc 400-7

Replies4
  1. #1finaldrive2013-01-14 10:32

    I have experienced this problem with remanufactured pumps, but not new. There are many repair shops in North America that started buying Chinese aftermarket pump parts. These parts are failing prematurely and causing many problems in our market. I visited 3 companies in November in China that claimed to be manufacturer of these pumps parts. In fact they were only trading agents. Of the 10 factories I did visit, there were only 2 that had the proper technology and equipment to produce a quality product. That is assuming they are buying quaility steel to begin with. Are these servo pistons breaking in new genuine Komatsu pumps?

  2. #2MrElectric032013-01-14 23:59

    Pc400-7s had a factory campaign on the pumps because they were going out prematurely but I can't remember what the reason for the failure was. As finaldrive mentioned, these pumps have to be rebuilt correctly using quality parts. Are these new or Komatsu Reman pumps that are going out or factory pumps? How many hours did the machines have?

  3. #3cat 3852013-01-15 10:54

    original pump have failed at 14000hrs on both the cases

  4. #4finaldrive2013-01-15 11:10

    That is a lot of hours to get out of a pump without rebuilding it. I'm leaning towards this being more of a coincidence, instead of being a common problem.