Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pc50 mr-2

joispoi ยท 2013-11-14 01:55

After months of looking and not finding the deal I wanted, I found a Komatsu PC50 MR-2 with 2800 hours. It has a little damage to the cab and need new pins and bushings at the bucket linkage. AC would have been nice, but I can do without it. Hopefully some of the stalled contracts I'm waiting on will be ready to go soon.

Replies4
  1. #1MrFuso2013-11-21 17:42

    Looks like nice iron, I'm looking to get a mini ex sometime soon... Been looking at IHI, they seem to hold up well from what I've been told. Your Komatsu looks nice, what did you pay if you don't mind me asking... I see pricing varies wildly for these things depending on LOTS... Enjoy your machine!

  2. #2joispoi2013-11-22 16:07

    I just picked it up today. It needs some repairs to the door. The track guides are worn and it doesn't quite line up like it should for closing. Over all though, it looks to be a good machine. It should load the truck a little faster than my ec15 The heated cab is nice - wearing rain gear on an open canopy machine in the winter gets old pretty fast . I also picked up a couple more buckets for it: a trapezoid ditching bucket and a 30" digging bucket off an ** backhoe (maybe a little much for the machine, but we'll see). I have to order the quick hitch adaptors and weld them on in place of the ** ears. I'll put it to work next week. I have a driveway job to finish up and then some restoration work to do on a ditch that's linked to a flood gate on a tidal river. This is prep work for installing a compact waste water treatment plant.

  3. #3Bjarn2014-01-30 18:36

    I have one exactly like it. Do you also have to keep your engine cover open to prevent it from running too warm

  4. #4joispoi2014-01-31 13:19

    Welcome to HEF, Bjarn! No, I haven't had any cooling issues with it.