Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

PC60-6 internal swing seal

Ben Belleville · 2022-02-13 13:40

Hello, I have a PC60-6 and it looks like I have two problem with it. First the seal of my swing gear box is most probably gone, I put oil in the gearbox and it goes right to floor. Second is when I look beside the swivel joint(under the cab) it looks like there is a big seal, it seems busted as normaly I think I souldn’t be able to see this seal. Does someone know if I have to separate de track frame to replace it ?

Replies3
  1. #1uffex2022-02-14 04:29

    Good day If it is the slew ring seal that has broken may be caused by over enthusiastic greasing, normally these will have a join at some point in may be possible to make good the displaced sea,l otherwise it is a case of splitting the undercarriage from the superstructure. Given that the swing transmission has a problem it may be a good idea to check out the slew ring wear. Kind regards Uffex

  2. #2uffex2022-02-14 04:42

    Additional information Kind regards Uffex

  3. #3John C.2022-02-14 10:41

    You have an old machine that likely has several problems. Do you know how to check the free play in the slewing bearing? That might be a root cause of the problem in your swing machinery. Here is a video on how to check that. The swing machinery box will have to come out of the machine in order to replace the pinion seal. In Komatsu in general, the pinion shaft and gear are all one piece. I seem to recall some machines where the gear can be removed leaving the shaft in the box but I don't remember what brand they were.