Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Peak at the new D series Deere skidders

Cretebaby ยท 2009-03-11 23:40

Couple pics of a prototype machine as it was leaving the factory

Replies46
  1. #1334 lawn co2009-03-12 00:40

    its beautiful.

  2. #2D5G2009-03-12 10:19

    Awesome!

  3. #3jimmyjack2009-03-12 19:15

    heard their making a small tracked one think it gonna be 315 its a radius arm one, its the size of a asv pt30

  4. #4dieselnut2009-03-12 21:34

    Looks nice

  5. #5td25c2009-03-12 22:17

    Those new deere's look like meen machines.

  6. #6TALLRICK2009-03-12 23:48

    Is that another machine with a cab designed for smaller people?

  7. #7Cretebaby2009-03-13 00:10

    They are supposed to be as good or better than the Cat cabs

  8. #8MagnumB2009-03-13 00:55

    Perhaps they will make a cab with a door that doesn't make a 6 foot plus guy feel like he is crawling up the birthing canal.... On second thought.... ...still giving it a third thought.... ...ok we might be ok on ingress....hmmm Ok Perhaps JD will make a cab with a door so that guys that are 6 foot plus don't feel like they are being born again...... ....a religious experience to say the least....

  9. #9MagnumB2009-03-13 01:08

    Could not have said it better myself. I don't care how powerful a machine is....if it's human origami just to get into it, how is does this help me? This is how it went with the JD sales man. Me: Hey I just wanted to check out a JD machine and see if I can fit, I don't seem to fit very well in many of machines 6'4". Salesman: No problem the cabs are awesome on the 325 etc. in yard... Me: looks like a big machine Salesman: One of the meanest... Me attempting entry into vehicle.... Me: (in choked voice) Holy $@#(* is this made for munchkins? Salesman: Wow, how tall are you? Me: Does it matter at this point? Salesman: Just slide that door down and see how it feels Me: I think it might hit my legs...(thunk as door goes down) (gasp) geez I thought I was gonna loose a kneecap Salesman: well you can sit up straight now!!! Me: that's a nice feature Salesman: what feature is that? Me: Sitting up straight Salesman: (chuckle) **knows the sale is gone** Me: can I move this seat back? Salesman: (sizes me up) there should be some room to go back Me: (humping the seat trying to move it back) Nope that's as far as it goes Salesman: Sorry, just doesn't seem to be the right fit Me: I would really like to try a smaller machine now (chuckles) Salesman: (roles eyes) Me: (swearing, indistinct grunting while trying to extricate myself from the machine) ....So this is what birth was like Salesman: yeah the sill is high for tall guys Me: for low guys too!! (shakes sales man's hand) Thanks for the time, don't tell anyone how this just went down k? (winks at guy) Salesman: (laugh and hearty slap on back as he escorts me to the door) THIS is the extent of my JD exeprience.....too bad they don't know how to design a cabin....perhaps this next series will be good. I hope so, I hear good things about them. hehehehe

  10. #10Cretebaby2009-03-13 09:01

    Thats funny I am 6'4'' and then a little and dont have a problem I guess it is all what you get used to

  11. #11MagnumB2009-03-13 11:45

    Long legs....I am very long in the thigh....

  12. #12mudmaker2009-03-13 17:29

    I agree with the tight cab!! My former boss had a 328(IIRC). That thing was a PITA to get in and out of, but I didnt complain as it had a/c. Now when I jump in my old Case 1845C if feels huge inside! Dont know why they have to make those cabs so cramped.

  13. #13Bobcat s3302009-03-13 17:30

    I have a guy at work that is 6' 2'' and I felt bad watching him try to get into the deere ct332 i demoed last year.. Then getting out was even funnier.. Hey im only 5' 7'' and i felt very cramped in that machine. Very loud cabs as well, god bless anyone that can run that machine all day

  14. #14hvy 1ton2009-03-13 19:09

    I have to agree with the noise levels in the cabs of deere machines. I wear ear plugs if i spend more than a 1/2 hour in the cab. Between the noise and the stiff hand controls, i'm glad i don't make a living with the 260. I'm 5'10", 215 and never had much trouble with cab space, but i also have stubby legs and wide shoulders. Maybe deere just designed the cab for me? XD

  15. #15TALLRICK2009-03-13 20:54

    Being 6'7" tall I can imagine the hell it would put me through. In my own Bobcat 843 I have hit my head from time to time as I had to raise the seat up so my legs do not have a wierd angle on the pedals. Then again, I never spend much time in a loader compared to the time I spend repairing them for others.

  16. #16MXZ2009-03-14 14:43

    6'6" here. Got in and out probably 20 times just yesterday. It's just different than some of the other guys. Once you learn how to do it right, not really a big deal. I have a harder time with Bobcats and the others cuz they don't access the way I'm used to. Looks to be a pull down bar inside that new machine. Rumors I've heard include sealed/pressurized cab, air ride seat, side swing door, bunch of new models. With a more traditional cab design, should position them to gain some customers I would think.

  17. #17mudmaker2009-03-14 16:02

    Good catch on the pull down bar in the pic. Hopefully that means you dont have to have the seat belt on all the time. That seat belt is a PITA if you are in and out constantly.

  18. #18Deereman2009-03-18 14:21

    I'm not the tallest of the bunch at 6'2", but I run the CT332 with no prob.. I heard when the 300 series was coming out that deere was going to try and design a different cab and maybe a swing out door for different customers likes. I'm usually heads up on this stuff but thats the first one I've seen. thanxs for the pic!! Now if they just put the ol 4045 engine back in her and fixed some of the grease fittings.

  19. #19JDMGrading2009-03-18 17:39

    Man thats sweet....I actually wanted the CT332 but after I did a back to back comparison with the T320 I fell in love with the Bobcat. The CT332 is way to LOUD and the instument panel felt obsolete after looking at the state of the art Bobcat. And I hated the door on it. Hopefully this new 333 will be just what i'm looking for.

  20. #20Tigerotor77W2009-03-18 17:57

    Did you feel any significant differences in "power"? (However you want to define that)

  21. #21Deereman2009-03-18 18:18

    JDM, they have a sound package for those loaders to quite the machine a little. Don't know if yours had it but you knows :beatsme The more I look at the machine it looks like they cut off the back half of a 444K wheeled loader and stuck in on there. And looks to have a little more ground clearance and more rear-end sticking off. Don't care for the hydraulics lines sticking off the back of the boom. Looks like they need to me a little more tight. Kinda looks like these units will also take on the mulching heads better with that cab design(alot of kinda looks HUH).

  22. #22MagnumB2009-03-18 18:45

    Geez OP if only you could have gotten a pic of the front. You obviously knew what you where looking at...what gives!!!!

  23. #23Cretebaby2009-03-18 20:55

    LOL I got caught in traffic and didn't get caught back up to him:Banghead Trust me we would have a hundred pics if I could have caught up My salesman was pulling it and when I talked to him he said it has a swinging door, pressurized cab etc.....actually he listed off more than I can recall He didnt menion the lap bar but that is obvious from the pic Sorry to disappoint you ointhead LOL

  24. #24MagnumB2009-03-19 01:03

    hehehe...no worries. If I can fit in the new cab I would give those a second look....but not until. heheheh....thanks for getting some photos though....you just need to ask your salesman when you get to drive it...

  25. #25JDMGrading2009-03-19 17:07

    Tell you the truth tiger I could'nt tell that much of a difference in pushing power...They both would plow through anything I aimed it at. Not sure if it had the sound package or not? It did have a cab and the pilot controls since I CANNOT operate the Case or standard Bobcat controls. I can but it ain't gonna be safe or pretty. I'm pretty sure the Bobcat has more horsepower...maybe like 10-12 more or something like that. Not enough for me to notice.

  26. #26Deereman2009-05-17 19:18

    I'm ready to see more on these things!!!!!!

  27. #27Cretebaby2009-08-25 17:59

    A couple of pictures.

  28. #28Deereman2009-08-26 07:06

    Nice find and thanks for the picts. Im liking the new cab.

  29. #29BlackbeardMX2009-08-29 17:28

    I like being able to open the door with the boom up on my CT332. Maybe it'll be an option on the new ones.

  30. #30MXZ2009-08-31 09:08

    There will not be an overhead door option on the D's, but from what I have heard, the boom and door design are such that you can open the door with the boom up as much as roughly 12". Not as handy as the overhead in that regard, but still better than most of the other brands by a lot.

  31. #31Cretebaby2009-08-31 14:00

    That is what i have heard and appears to be true by looking at the pictures.

  32. #32equipmentguy2009-08-31 16:16

    Try a Takeuchi I'm 6' 220 I have more than enough room. plus you can drive with the door up.

  33. #33Cretebaby2009-08-31 16:19

    Here is another pic.

  34. #34MXZ2009-08-31 16:45

    Unfortunately, at least around here, the extra 6-10" of machine height you have to get that big cab is prohibitive for the versatility a lot of guys need in a machine. I'm 6' 6" 200 and have no major issue with the Deere cab.

  35. #35BlackbeardMX2009-09-01 09:35

    The only gripe I have with the current model is the noise and the dust in the cab. I'm not a big guy, so I don't notice it being small. They are called "compact" for a reason.

  36. #36Bobcat s3302009-09-02 17:42

    Hopefully they got the cab right on the new d series they have coming out. When i demoed the ct 322 it had to be the most uncomfortable cab i have ever been in. Its like a project getting in and out i banged my head twice on that dumb roll up door. That machine was also so loud that after 2 hours i didnt want to run it anymore. I wonder why deere never fixed there loader arm problem thats another reason i dont like deere you cant see the tires with those huge arms in the way.

  37. #37Cretebaby2009-09-02 18:21

    What loader arm problem?

  38. #38Bobcat s3302009-09-02 18:26

    When grading the loader arms block the side visibility to the tires.

  39. #39Cretebaby2009-09-02 18:29

    Sure

  40. #40Bobcat s3302009-09-02 18:38

    I guess your a john deere fan or you just dont grade everyday. Because if you did you would know what im talking about. Im in constant tight areas and grading everyday with my machines. Side visibility is a huge factor and john deere does not have that at all. :beatsme

  41. #41Cretebaby2009-09-02 21:37

    I grade everyday with mine. I can see just fine. I like to being able to see out the back corners as well, and the lower center of gravity.

  42. #42BlackbeardMX2009-09-03 16:28

    The Deere had the best side and rear visibility of all the machines I looked at when I was in the market. I never notice any bad blind spots when grading with mine, but I'm usually watching the bucket instead of my tracks when grading forward. If my bucket clears, we're good. I actually wanted the Deere because of the boom design and cab door. I use mine to move engines, transmissions, and all sorts of heavy stuff that isn't dirt. I'm constanly in and out hooking chains. I can raise the boom high enough to lift something off a flatbed, open the door and climb out over the back of the forks and onto the trailer to hook a chain or whatever. I demoed a case with a regular door and it was useless with out a helper. The reach seems much better with the Deere also.

  43. #43JDSKIDSTEER2009-09-05 07:24

    I have been around equipment all my life and have not figured out why you need to see the tires. You grade witth the bucket...NOT the tires. At least you can easily see the corners of the bucket without leaning forword on the Deere.

  44. #44Deereman2009-09-06 16:16

    I hope thats not where they are putting the serial numbers now on the side of the cab. Nice looking 322 or 323 if it is that. Not really liking the arms being all gray. Just needs to be the top of the boom. You must live right there at dubuque.

  45. #45Cretebaby2009-09-06 17:28

    That is what it apperars to be. Somewhere near there. :beatsme

  46. #46heavylift2009-09-06 20:59

    Don't like deere ....bucket rams cover you with grease not matter how you get out.. Rough riding.... tracks to aggressive..... terrible in sand..... A 247 will run circles around it. imo we tested an area that I had just graded for compaction. tenstar rock was at 85% with just the 247.. still needed rolled , just tested out of curiosity.