I finally picked up my new Pete 335 today. It was raining this morning so the color shows a little darker that real life. BTW - Thanks PSDF350 for sending me some rain! Now I just gotta get the rust off those 10 speed skills, get her lettered up and start bringing in some $moola$!
Looks Great!:thumbsup Be sure to let us know how it works out for you. I'm sure you will love it.
X2 nice
Very nice!! Refresh us on the specs......
Hey,that's a cute little bugger!! It's like a dumptruck,but smaller.:bouncegri You know I'm only pullin your foot Orchard.It looks real good. I just hope you'll be able to get your head through the door,on account of how big it's going to be getting now. Can you get a pic of the cab interior?I'm curious as too how it's laid out.
Nice looking truck! You'll have to post some more about it after you've had time to put a few miles on it.
No problem. All it took was my left testy to the shamen. But I feel small (no pun intended) price to pay to see the sun for a couple days. Truck looks nice.
hmmm... 33k GVW, 300hp 860lbs/T Cummins ISC, PacBrake exhaust brake, Eaton 10 spd, locking rear axle, 10 Ox body with elec. tarp/air gate and barn door, 25 ton pintle hook/air lines... Drives great, power out the wazoo (Understand- I'm coming from a Int.4700 w/T444 - Allison). I've never driven with an exhaust brake - works well - sounds like an air hose is leaking every time you lift off the throttle Here's a funny - Truck came with a backup alarm from Pete. Body came spec'ed w/ a backup alarm too. I meant to say something and forgot about it - just figured I'd get one alarm and pay twice - then argue with Pete later. Put it in R to leave the lot, BU alarm starts... then I hear another one, different tone and rate of beeps. Start to look around, nobody near so I go on. Get home, go to back into the shop area. Same thing but now I know there is no one else around... Hits me that I didn't get cheated on paying for 2 BU alarms!!! ointhead
I told you it was raining - It started as a 500hp Tri/A and shrunk. Luckily the Pete has big doors!:thumbsup Or maybe I'll leave my head out in the rain too:notworthy I'll take some more tomorrow. My wife took those as I was signing away my future in the sales orifice.
Congrats.............Awsome truck:thumbsup . Gotta love the looks of the 335's.
truck looks too nice, you need to get it on a job and get some dirt on it.
good luck with that new Pete they really are so nice inside and out plus you never have to worry about a rusty cab. I hope you have it booked for some work what's it like $1,500 a month?
what was your future worth, if you dont mind me asking?
Well at least OSHA will never get on your @ss about not having one. :yup You wanted to make sure you would not back over anyone with it. :thumbsup
Thats one nice looking truck, almost be a shame to put it to work, just want to drive around all day and look good...
Take the payment book,and put that in the rain too!!But be careful,it still needs to be big enough that the payment coupon would be visible in the envelope when you mail payments into Pete.They might think the envelopes empty if it's too small,and not credit your account. But I imagine they're making them plastic coated,for just that reason.
Nice rig!!!! Just curious why you chose the Pete over other makes? Petes are by far my favorite trucks but many operators have trouble justifying the extra purchase cost.
You probably could have got a slightly longer wheelbase truck and run a 12' box on it. Those heavy single axles can pack a decent load on them the single axle Western Stars we used to use were tandem axle trucks chopped down. They had the full 4900 series cab on them with M-11 power 9spd had to watch out the JAKE would lock up the wheels used to put 8 yards into them they had 12' box. That Pete looks good I like the color you better get your hands on the aftermarket book for Pete trucks they have all kinds of chrome goodies. Some o/ops I know have Petes the first thing they did was order the add ons the one guy spent 14 grand on extras You better keep some wiping rags and cleaner in the cab and keep things buffed up you have joined the Peterbilt cult :laugh
And a couple extras: Curbside in the sunshine: Dash layout: Another: "Petewear" included! This is me doing my best "Jeff D in a Pete" impression... Seat is on the floor, knees are in the dash, Hat pulled down for "attitude" (Just messin' with ya buddy, hope your trucks home soon!:thumbsup )
I thought about getting the 12' and adding a tag axle at a later date, but right now I need the maneuverability of the short WB. I'll just have to add a lot of sideboards for the big loads.:thumbsup The showroom was full of stuff too. Luckily I'm a "understated" kinda guy so I won't need too many add-ons. But hey, a dozen led light kits never hurt anybody right?:yup FWIW - The book of color chips was at least an inch thick, about 5 pages of blue's. They were delivering a 379EXH tractor in ?Dusty Grey? (light metallic grey with a little tint of green in the sun) while I was there. Really pretty. Owner and sign guy were picking lettering colors. It was that man's 4th or 5th new Pete this year! :notworthy As long as they don't have any of those crazy initiation rights...
Real nice. I am still excited about by 89' truck I can only imagine how excited you are with brandy new. It will be a shame to put the first load in her. I would haul some sand first no stone or asphalt. The truck will pull any trailer you have and haul alot more than what the box will hold. That new truck smell. :yup :yup :thumbsup
No-one laughs more at me than me so mess away!!:bouncegri The truck is home,I got it lettered it up,I think I broke my hand(long story),and I'll post pics later tonight. Your truck really does look nice.I am jealous.:yup I'll have to put my pics in the "old iron section".It would just bring your trucks pics down,hee You need to get a 500 watt linear amp hooked up to your CB now,and practice talkin' trash.They might have a "Peterbuilt's proper CB Jaw jackin' " audio tape in with all your paperwork.
For Cat320 and Tyler re: cost - Yeah, that's the question everybody wants to know but hates to ask. Lets just say it was between $60k and $65k. I think I got an OK deal all things considered. For Ryan: OK I'll admit that the Pete name had some weight to it. But I did price (or at least try - some dealers weren't "dealing") International, Ford etc. and the Pete deal was better. Multiple dealers from each, so I wasn't getting shafted by any specific dealer. When the 335 came out cheaper than a International 4400 with "apples to apples" specs it was an easy decision. I think that I may have just caught it when Pete is really trying to push into the Med. Duty market, but even the International salesman agreed that I should get the Pete. The Pete has a much nicer fit and finish, the dealer has been decent and I think I'll get a better resale value if I ever want to sell down the road. Thanks to all for the compliments!
:lmao It came with a CD - Maybe that's whats on it! "If the antenna ain't meltin' you ain't got enough amp!"
Nice looking truck, very sweet!!!!!!!!!!!
Very nice! I love the color!
That sounds like a great price considering what i heard when i was at the truck show last year with one that was anauto insteaf of a stick. they where quoting $87K and to be hounest your truck looks better and has the duel gate and there's did not. the only difference was auto vs yours a stick. they said the truck itseld was what you paid for yours . I hope ya keep her busy with work.
like the color...sounds like a good deal to me...especially with the specs
That is a nice price!!! I paid 65K for my 550 in '02 equipped. I've been in the market for a truck the same size as yours, but I have one more year on the note for the 550. Once that is done I start shopping! I wouldn't have thought a Pete would be in my price range. Real nice truck!
You need the bigger window visor on the truck the big shiny chrome one that blocks off half of the window. Then you need all the fancy LED lights a Pete isn't a Pete without over 100 lights on it. Change that front bumper for one that barely clears the road they cost around 2000 bucks. Actually for a dump you don't need all that goop wagon crap you may want to mount some spot lights on the mirrors facing backwards they are used quite abit on plow trucks etc. They are basically a farm and tractor light in a fancy wrapper.
Sweet !
thats one sweet pete...
Thanks Steve and everybody for the compliments, I found out today that they used the wrong quote in the final writeup, so I got a really good deal. The correct quote was still less than $67k. All the stuff about it being less than the Int. quote still holds true. I was as surprised as anyone that Pete was cost competitive. I really went through the spec book with a fine tooth comb to get the most bang for the buck - with lots of help from you guys. The dealership was going to order another 335 with similar specs for stock. Time will tell if I was controlling costs or just being cheap.
Here's some of my 1986 Pete trensfer dump. Power was a 8V92TA @ 475hp. I sold her in 1996. :cool2
Hey Pete. Nice pictures of your true us style truck! The wheelloader in 2. pic looks rather special to me. Bet it wasn't sold in europe, cause i haven't seen any like it. What brand and modell is it?
What is the spreader attachments on the trackhoe for?
Not to steal your thunder on the pics RolloverPete but if ya don't mind I'll take that one. That looks like a Felco excavator bedding conveyor. You charge the hopper at the rear of the ex and a conveyor runs underneath the carbody. The idea is that while laying pipe the ex can dig the trench to proper depth and the operator has a remote control on the conveyor to put bedding material directly into the trench. I have seen a couple around here - all collecting rust in contractors yards.:beatsme Hey Orchard, since it has been over a year, how do you like the Pete?
That loader belonged to a local contractor Jack McNair out here in Palm Springs, Ca. It was a "Trojan". I don't remember what model it was, but it was a rear wheel steer with a 3 speed power shift powered by a GM Diesel 8V71. It was loud, had lotsa power, and was much easier to control in reverse than forward. That pic of me loading my truck was taken 14 years ago at the Massey Sand and Rock plant in Garnet, Ca. For the locals, its right off Indian Ave @ I-10 in Palm Springs. Just like a giant Bobcat skid steer, I can remember getting a lap full of sand if you weren't careful dumping into the truck. :cool2
Yeah.... Like CM1995 said...:drinkup :cool2
It's been pretty darn good to me so far. (Knock on wood) The barn door tailgate was worth every penny, as are all the "lazy man" features like the air gate and electric tarp and A/C. I don't put in many days just hauling, but it is a nice place to spend the day. Now if only they made a bunch of chrome for the 335's like they do for the 379's...
Chrome doesn't make you any money.:beatsme But it's still nice to chicken out your truck just a bit. :naughty There ain't no feelin' like Petermobeelin' :cool2
theres a landscaper around here that has that same truck just red, he liked the look of the drop visor we have on the two petes at work so he had the dealer put the same drop visor on his ( i think it a 12" drop). it looks pretty cool if you ask me
Now THERE'S a man who knows E X A C T L Y what he's doing....:notworthy :drinkup
looks great hope it does the job for you and you get it paid for fast
Orchard pete, I am curious what you do with that Pete to pay for it. I hear on here constantly that you can't make money with a single axle truck and yet you buy a really fancy Pete and seem to be making money with it. just curious Jerry
The equipment makes the money not the truck. Atlesast thats how it is for us. I dont think you can make money trucking with just a single axle.
Jerry, I do light excavation and hardscaping to support my truck and equipment habit. Dig footers for additions, rework yards, build/regrade driveways etc. and a bunch of paver patios and sidewalks. The Pete tows the other equipment and fetches paver base, sand, topsoil whatever. I run a few "homeowner loads" of material too. In corporate terms "The single axle fits our business model". That may not work for others, their business is different. I may outgrow it and need a triaxle one day, who knows.:beatsme One guy near here ran a single axle Ford for as long as I can remember and put food on the table and kids through school with it. One material yard was running 3 or 4 singles and only 1 tandem. You have to run what works for you, not not what works for a guy in another state or another country. (That's my polite way of saying that some of what is posted on here is BS ) BTW - Who says I'm making any money
Hi, does anyone know the weight on a Trojan 4000 1977 ? I have buy and restore one to a pretty good shape