Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Peterbilt 388 A/C issues

beanfarmer71355 ยท 2025-09-25 20:59

2012 Pete, 388, day cab. ISX. Everything is clean, evaporator, condenser, intakes, entire engine cooling pack, filter, you name it. In addition, everything is new. Changed controls in dash panel. No trash or potato chip bags hung in the blower. It takes the correct about of freon. But freezes up. In addition, the evaporator does not drip unless you put the fan on off or lowest setting. Engine fan cycles as it should. I have even put a loop in the drip tube, no help. I have contended with this for a couple harvest seasons and cannot figure it out. And, of course, anyone I ask the response is: Never seen that before.

Replies3
  1. #1Truck Shop2025-09-25 21:03

    Is the thermostatic switch new also? Just a thought.

  2. #2stinky642025-09-26 10:07

    Expansion valve stuck? Running with a/c on full blast and windows open?

  3. #3crane operator2025-09-26 10:20

    You've ridden with me before?