Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pettibone Super 6 ? or 8 ?

Ted Evans ยท 2024-07-15 16:17

I have a older pettibone that we used to put up our building about 20 years ago . We are selling it , and it may go scrap because it needs a ton of work . I am trying to figure out what it weighs ? it does look longer than the super 6 models I have seen in pics ? It also has outriggers , that I don't see on the super 6's in pics . It had a chevy inline 6 cyl adapted into it years ago . It has a torque converter and clutch , and a 3 stage mast . My shop in the pics is 25 ft sidewalls , so you can tell this things goes pretty high if the 3 stages are up . It has 4 wheel steering , crab crawl , or regular turning . It has a huge rear counterweight .

Replies2
  1. #1Ted Evans2024-07-15 16:20
  2. #2Norcal wrench5302024-07-19 19:17

    If you do decide to scrap it, I have a customer with a super 8 that needs a set of axles.