Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

pickup trucks/gooseneck trailers

adv.wastewater · 2009-11-07 15:38

ive seen a lot of discussion about them on here, but lets share some pics of our pickup trucks towing our gooseneck trailers... curious to see what everyone hauls on theres... im going to get on my other computer later and upload some pics

Replies106
  1. #1roddyo2009-11-07 18:41

    D4H LGP on a Gooseneck I can't think of a better picture to start this thread. Here's one that will make some people have a coronary. Let the Flaming begin.

  2. #2WColtharp2009-11-07 19:03

    How did that load pull for that truck? That would make me nervous to say the least....

  3. #3wilddanz712009-11-07 19:08

    is that legal??

  4. #4EGS2009-11-07 22:19

    Wow Rod that is one big load! I like it!

  5. #5adv.wastewater2009-11-07 22:38

    That is a nice load there Rodney. How far were you moving it?

  6. #6handtpipeline2009-11-07 23:54

    Here's a few

  7. #7handtpipeline2009-11-08 00:04

    another one

  8. #8adv.wastewater2009-11-09 16:27
  9. #9HLNTOIZ2009-11-09 17:40

    DMV around here would have many of you guys for breakfast! Lunch and Dinner for that matter.

  10. #10dirt digger2009-11-09 19:27

    nice trucks guys...i am all for the gooseneck/pickup combo but more for casual use or hauling hay bales, etc... if you are hauling heavy loads like that day in and day out why not just invest in a real truck?

  11. #11adv.wastewater2009-11-09 21:09

    Insurance is way cheaper on my dually, it's also my personal daily driver which gets an average of 19 mpg unloaded. I haul my gooseneck and my usual loads are a mini excavator and a skid steer, normally I don't load both at once but it's not a problem to haul them both. About 15,000 lbs between the 2 on a 12 ton trailer so it's not overloaded in any way. I love my set up and would not want anything different.

  12. #12handtpipeline2009-11-09 21:22

    I've got real trucks. Just not practical to get in some of the places we work with them.

  13. #1390plow2009-11-09 21:45

    Roddyo is nuts not only is the truck way overloaded he has one chain on the back I dont really see what that chain would even do... if the machine wants to slide sideways it will.

  14. #14roddyo2009-11-09 21:59

    Real Trucks and Goosenecks I got real trucks also. I never said this was the Only way I move this dozer. Fact is a lot of places I go you can't get a big truck in. Where that pic was taken a lot of people on here wouldn't take their truck and trailer empty. Matter of fact a lot of people wouldn't want to be up there period. About every 5 or 6 years it seems someone up there gets shot. Round here most people that get shot get killed also. Point is, in that part of the world the DOT ain't no problem. I hire most of my Lowboy work done anymore. Really where the Gooseneck comes into play is going 8 or 9 miles down the gravel. It's hard not to throw a rock thru the back glass of a day cab truck going that far plus digging all the rocks out of the tires when you get back to the pavement is a pain. Here's some of my real trucks. My old rig, the White Classic on the Army Low Boy. I still use the 4 Axle Classic every now and then. Third is the Classic Excavator on a Drop Deck Pic.

  15. #15roddyo2009-11-09 22:03

    LMAO True, but there's 2 on the blade.

  16. #16roddyo2009-11-09 22:27

    Hauling Sidebooms +1 Round here we don't keep them little 2 axle oil field low boys around for old times sake. I like RGN's, just a lot of places you can't get to. Have you ever hauled a 572 sideloaded with the boom down, no chains, just the operator in the seat holding the brakes handtpipeline?

  17. #17handtpipeline2009-11-10 00:26

    Not a 572, but I've got 3 17A D-7's.

  18. #18handtpipeline2009-11-10 00:35

    I've still got a tandem lowboy, but when your truck has a 265" wheelbase, it kinda makes it rough getting around in a lot of these housing additions around here. I havn't pipelined in several years, we've moved more to water, sewer, and general excavation. We contract for a local electric co-op, which involves digging mainline and all of their underground services. Some of the housing additions we dig services in, you have to jacknife a 1 ton with a backhoe trailer to get turned around.

  19. #19EGS2009-11-10 17:59

    I have not done it, but I seen it done. All I can say is WOW! I seen them sideload a 594 and a 345 and some 583's. Very cool!

  20. #20td25c2009-11-10 21:09

    Love that picture on post # 2 Roddyo.You wont get any grief from me.Anyone that has been in this business has hauled a little heavy from time to time.Cool pics handtpipeline,Love the Oklahoma bullhauler Peterbuilt,Mack & pheylon loboy.Every size truck has it's place.For hauling small equipment or concrete forms ,excavator buckets & such I like our chevy 1 ton and low profile corn pro trailer.We cant get the job done without it.

  21. #2106bowtie_guy2009-11-10 21:15

    biggest load i've moved. usually my toys. or (old old shot)

  22. #22roddyo2009-11-10 22:31

    Side Loading & Leaving the Operator in the Seat. My old buddy Johnny wouldn't do something like that would he? Glad you like the Pics EGS. If you would spend a week with me you could learn a lot about what NOT to do.

  23. #23roddyo2009-11-10 22:38

    That's a clean truck 25c. Do you park it in the winter? I think we are a lot alike, the local jack of all trades. I had to pour a little concrete yesterday. Helped a friend of mine make a water tank out of a scraper tire. I'll put some pics up in my Arkansas Farm Pics, that's something you might find intresting.

  24. #24Deereman2009-11-10 23:30

    GN trailer 25C, you have any info on that trailer? Justin

  25. #25roddyo2009-11-10 23:31

    Those pics are so old school they were before carpet on the booms. Love the pics handtpipeline, keep em comming. A 17A, your a boomhand.:notworthy

  26. #26EGS2009-11-11 18:49

    Your old buddy Johnny sure would do something like that.:notworthy I love your pics shows a different part of the country and an another way of doing things. I would like to spend a week with you Rodney, I am sure we could get in all kinds "trouble". We could show each other all kinds of stuff we are NOT supposed to do.

  27. #27Willis Bushogin2009-11-11 20:46

    trailing I think I posted this experience already, but here goes again about 3 years ago, I bought a Fecon mulching machine, weight about 15,000 lb. I hooked up my 10 ton gooseneck to my 1 ton and headed to get the machine, about 2 hrs away. Loaded the machine, headed to the shop and got stopped by the DMV, you know this story isnt going to end pretty. Everything was looking good, until he noticed I didnt have enough licenses (weight) on the truck. All I have ever pulled was a Bobcat, and I forgot to increase the limits, he got me on that and then called a weight DMV officer and they weighed everything (not good) besides the licenses weight thingee, the truck wasnt big enough GVW (or something like that) red tagged everything. He did let me pull it, to a better location. I then had to send for my lowboy and load gooseneck and machine on lowboy. 5 hrs later I got back to the shop, with a $1200 ticket. What Im getting at, make sure your truck is classified to pull the load, or you will be sooorryyee:Banghead I know a guy that moves his 45,000lb excavator, on a 20 ton tag a long, behind a old tandem dump truck, he never has be stopped, he is lucky Good Luck to everyone

  28. #28td25c2009-11-11 21:48

    It's a 1986 chevy k-30 with 136,000 miles on it,just now getting broke in.We use it mostly to pull the gooseneak trailer now on costruction jobs.We take pretty good care of it and always keep it shedded.It's funny ,we were talking about these trailers yesterday and I get a call this morning from our local municipal parks department.They tolled me they needed a small tractor & manure spreader to spread tree bark mulch on some trails in the park.Well I said count me in and I loaded the 4000 ford & new idea spreader on the corn pro trailer.Guess i'l be spreading mulch in the morning.We got allot in common Roddyo.

  29. #29td25c2009-11-11 21:55

    It seems to be a pretty nice trailer Deereman.14,000 gvwr,nice ramps,low profile deck.Built in Elnora IN.Ours is a 2005 model.We love it.

  30. #30roddyo2009-11-11 22:34

    572 with a Skid Basket If we couldn't get our boom knocked down we would side load our 572 drop the boom and go. No big deal except it had a skid basket on the front and hung over about 8 foot. It was about like moving a double wide house trailer. Maybe one of these days it will work out for you to come down a few days. If I'm not busy I wouldn't mind showing you around and could probably come up with you a place to stay. As long as it's not hunting season.

  31. #31adv.wastewater2009-11-12 10:37

    Around here people haul some crazy stuff behind there pickups... A buddy of mine has an f-350 single wheel and he hauls his Deere 550 dozer behind it on a 14,000 lb gooseneck trailer... Absolutely crazy! Says it tows fine... I just don't think it's safe at all.

  32. #32CM19952009-11-12 11:16

    Your buddy is way over weight. It may pull just fine, the stopping is where it can be trouble. It really boils down to your liability if you were to be in an accident. For example - Let's say you are pulling a 18-20K LB dozer on a 14K GVW trailer behind a truck with a 18K towing capacity and hit someone in the rear end, you are toast. As soon as your insurance company knows the details, they will immediately refer to the "fine print" exclusions in your policy and will leave you hanging like a torn sweater at Goodwill. After the trial, the person you run into now owns your truck, equipment, house....:cool2

  33. #33EGS2009-11-14 21:26

    Rodney I was thinking the lowboy driver that hauled that side loaded equipment was from your neck of the woods too.

  34. #34Burnout2009-11-15 15:46

    HOLY CRAP roddyo.... your right that will cause a coronary, how could you move that machine without capping the exhaust.....tsk tsk tsk :drinkup

  35. #35roddyo2009-11-17 19:11

    If his motto was; "Don't worry about the Mule, Just Load the Wagon" he probably was from down this way.

  36. #36roddyo2009-11-17 19:18

    Don't worry Burnout, it wasn't but a 7 or 8 mile haul down the gravel. 45 MPH Max. BTW did remember you saying one time that you had a shifter fix for a 855/875 Versatile Tractor. Few Ole Boys down here would appreciate it if you got any tricks to share.

  37. #37Burnout2009-11-17 21:11

    Yeah... let me guess they have tractors getting stuck in 2nd and not coming out of gear? Easiest way to keep it from happening over and over is to make a new shift gate that sits on the dash. Make it out of sheet metal so that the shifter is in a perfect pattern all the time. Make the cuts for the gate just a hair wider than the ****er itself. Pulling them out of gear on an angle is what messes them up. We haven't had one shifter failure this year.... but that could be because I haven't seen a Versatile running yet.

  38. #38I AM IRONMAN2009-12-09 20:22

    Those are some fine looking work trucks and machines...............I'd be proud to have anyone of them!!

  39. #392109 Stang2009-12-28 18:59

    Do I read Haack on your sign? ,and also the vegetation looks like in my neck of the woods,not actually Alabama.

  40. #402stickbill2009-12-28 19:46

    We do it here too.

  41. #41adv.wastewater2009-12-29 11:38

    Yes you read HAACK and I am Mike's son, Chris. He is on Big Pine and I race motorcycles professionally and have just strted my own business up here in Alabama. The pic was taken on a job out on Long Beach, on big pine key.

  42. #422109 Stang2009-12-30 18:53

    Hi Chris it's good seeing you here ,Im Eddy from Eddie's Trucking in BPK .you've got a nice set up there ,I like that Dodge Ram , how do you like it compared to your Ford ?

  43. #43pbean2009-12-30 20:01

    goose neck pics

  44. #44adv.wastewater2009-12-31 00:22

    hey Eddie it's a small world isn't it? how has hauling been for you? My father has been either really busy or almost nothing. I like the dodge, you know how my ford was, more for looks with the big lift and wheels. I sold it and got this dodge to use to try to get my business started up here. Power wise the ford was way faster but it had a programmer but the cummins in this dodge is so much more torqy it tows great. Some heavy hauls have been a Deere 450J dozer, Cat 416E backhoe... Tows great.

  45. #45roddyo2009-12-31 17:15

    Here's a truck I took in on an excavator trade. What's really unique about it is the miles. 37,000 actual.:notworthy That and being an Old Body Style Chevrolet K30 3+3 Quad Cab Dually. It's at the detail shop right now, I'll get some more when it's done.

  46. #462109 Stang2009-12-31 17:19

    Hi Chris , I'm the same way way either too busy or too slow ,hey it is a small world ,I'm glad that Dodge works out for you , good luck and go make some money ,see you around.

  47. #47adv.wastewater2009-12-31 19:47

    yeah its nice to have someone on here i know personally! i remember when i was like 12 years old and coming to your house in port pine with my father to pay you for some gravel! how is your skid steer working for you? i remember seeing it when you first bought it.

  48. #482109 Stang2010-01-02 00:53

    Yea good memory ,of course I've known you since you could barely walk . My skid steer is pretty good, hardly using it lately ,it's only have 500 hrs ,just moving a load here and there ,you know that machine is too big most of the time to spread gravel around houses ,it is best to prep a lot to build or even clearing lots is like a small dozer ,more like a D3 on wheels, but to load my trucks on a tight place is the best , I can load a truck faster with that than a back hoe ,just have to park close to the pile ,since the bucket is a cubic yard like most back hoes ,yea I like that machine a lot .

  49. #49EGS2010-01-02 21:16

    Don't forget to latch the hood before you take off!

  50. #50roddyo2010-01-02 21:44

    I just pushed it down to take a picture. I HATED that body style truck when they first came out. Since the Hoods opened from the inside you couldn't pop the hood and open the door with the wire from your master cylinder when you locked your keys in your truck anymore. Course this truck has a Hydra-Boost so I doesn't matter.

  51. #51fyrwood guy2010-01-08 07:54

    hobby loads

  52. #52JDOFMEMI2010-01-08 21:25

    Got any more pictures of the mini forwarder on the back of the ATV? That looks pretty neat

  53. #53fyrwood guy2010-01-09 10:05

    here you go !..taking the hardwood "sprouts" out of a 16 acre white pine lot.

  54. #54fyrwood guy2010-01-09 11:41

    more...different lot

  55. #55JDOFMEMI2010-01-12 01:34

    Wow! That is a handy rig. Thanks

  56. #56adv.wastewater2010-01-24 20:32
  57. #57bobcatmechanic2010-01-26 20:56

    is that a custom built log totter or did you buy that for your fourwheeler

  58. #58fyrwood guy2010-01-27 11:31

    i bought it from an outfit on the saint lawrence seaway in quebec ca.

  59. #59excav8r2010-01-28 22:55

    i've seen a lot of ads for those things lately in our local tractor book. didn't think it would be strong enough to lift some of the logs in those pics but i am now a believer

  60. #60Ace2010-02-06 23:22

    My Ford L8000 dump truck (16k lbs) is the largest thing I've hauled so far and that was only just to get it back home after it broke down. I usually haul a 310 deere backhoe (12500 lbs) and it seems to do fine. I used to pull single tandem trailers and once I got a dual tandem there is no going back for me. Its amazing the difference between the two and how much more stable it feels having 8 tires on the ground instead of 4. I remember looking in my mirrors and seeing my old trailer lean when I came around corners, the dual tandem just sits back there and follows the truck. I know they rate the singles for 14k but I just dont feel comfortable with that kinda weight on one, In my opinion if your gonna haul over 10k very often your far better off to go with the dual tandem. I also really like having a one ton dual rear wheel truck but am making due with the old dodge I've got for now. Anyway heres a few pics, I was right at 13' 7" with the truck but I figured if the DOT caught up with me that was gonna be the least of my worries! I usually try to do the more "questionable" stuff after dark and on sundays whenever possible and take all the back roads I can

  61. #61DigDug2010-02-07 11:49

    Fyrwood guy- Great looking shop you have there! I was a Husqvarna dealer for 4-5 yrs , back 20 yrs ago. I had a small saw shop slash rental store in town. The bobcat rental turned into a full time excavation gig for me . The dirt work has been so slow the last couple of years so I have just started renting equipment again to keep the lights on. I used to get the Huskys from Tri-Kan?? out of Manchester. Have a good day. doug

  62. #62cherokee1012010-02-07 23:45

    No photographic evidence 'cause I'm too busy thinking about what I'm doing. I've got a Dodge 2500 4x4 with a three axle 21,000# trailer and I've hauled too much too far. 10,500# loader 600 miles, PC40 500 miles, 190XT 300 miles, dozer hasn't been on and probably won't be, 210S is destined, just pulled 11,000# of steel 600 miles. Never misses a beat. Memphis and the warehouse district was hairy! The Allis 190XT and the loader were trips of legend and I'm really, really glad they are over. Regularly pull the PC40, generator, building materials, concrete mixer, welder etc. straight up and over the mountain to the creek property on a horrid trail. Low gear, FWD, patience and let it idle up and down the other side. I should take pictures.

  63. #63DirtySouthTruck2010-02-14 19:16

    A few from the good old days of Dirty South Trucking.

  64. #64DirtySouthTruck2010-02-14 19:41

    More

  65. #65DirtySouthTruck2010-02-14 19:44

    And more

  66. #66DABB2010-02-14 20:34

    WOW! Great looking truck! The good ole days for sure.

  67. #67excav8r2010-02-14 20:34

    next time your down where you got that hummer throw one on the trailer for me

  68. #68DirtySouthTruck2010-02-15 17:47

    Giant generator going near Pensacola, FL.

  69. #69DirtySouthTruck2010-02-15 17:49

    Took two loads to Key West for a hotel rebuild. On the second haul I brought my wave runner for some me time!

  70. #70classictruckman2010-02-15 17:52

    How about some pics of how that trailer loads and unloads

  71. #71DirtySouthTruck2010-02-15 17:53

    More misc pics.

  72. #72DirtySouthTruck2010-02-15 17:58

    Trailer is sold now. Everything the ramp was down I was going up or down it, so never took any pics. This is all I got. I was the best trailer ever. I could do loads that no other goose neck could do. Made me a bunch of money, but not enough to keep the wheels rolling.

  73. #73jimmyjack2010-02-15 19:17

    were u towing that with a 3/4 ton or 1 ton, and what were u legal to carry

  74. #74DirtySouthTruck2010-02-15 19:25

    My truck is a 3500, so a One Ton. I am in Florida and because of all the boats in this state and the lobbyists, I can haul any thing that does not exceed the trailer's GVW, the truck is exempt from the scales. In short a lil known state statute says that if your trucks net weight is less then 7,000 lbs., at a weigh station they have to remove the trailer before they way you, so the trailer weight does not count. Truck weighs 6,200 empty, and is registered at 7,000. Average haul on that trailer for me was 18,000-20,000 lbs. max cargo, trailer scaled at about 6,700. Trailer GVW was 24,000. Stopped fine every time, and was 100% legal in Florida. Love this Sun Shine State!

  75. #75adv.wastewater2010-02-15 20:05

    i have that same trailer and tow it with my dodge 3500... i tow a cat 305CCR which weighs in at about 12,000 lbs and a cat 262b with vts system which weighs about 10,000 lbs...

  76. #76adv.wastewater2010-02-15 20:11

    also what hotel did you rebuild in key west? that is where i am from and still live there half of the year....... i actually grew up in Big Pine.

  77. #77Willis Bushogin2010-02-15 20:38

    Cdl Did anyone bring up, anything over 26,000 lb needs a CDL? Everytime this comes up, it seems to get some hot around the collar. Now saying that, I am just as guilty as a bunch of others and I have a ticket for not having a CDL pulling a load over 26,000 lb, with a dually about 8 years ago. I learned the hard way, I think the total ticket/cost was around $2000 This all happened, when I went to pick up my new machine and on the way home, got stopped at a normal safety check, not a good day I still dont understand how a person can pull these big RV's with a pickup Just be safe to everyone

  78. #78DirtySouthTruck2010-02-15 20:49

    Yes I have a CDL. RVs are evil!!!!! Whats the point of traveling across the country if you can't keep a high way speed?

  79. #79Willis Bushogin2010-02-15 21:08

    RV's I remember my first RV was a 32ft gooseneck, this was about 35 years ago, before I graduated from the school of hard knocks:Banghead. I pulled this with a 1/2 truck, about 300 miles and back, in the hills. I have no ideas how I managed to do this with out an issue, but I guess I was lucky (of course crazy too) I really didnt have alot of towing experience, before this So I guess I am certified to give advise, now I feel nervous pulling a trailer with a Bobcat on it

  80. #80Chris's Outdoor2010-02-20 21:28

    Im starting my own company soon and hope to get my cdl as soon as spring comes. if it ever comes bk

  81. #81EGS2010-03-25 19:11

    Here is one from today. Loaded down with scrap and headed to town to make some $$$$.

  82. #82roddyo2010-03-25 22:17

    Eight dollars a hundred sounds about right for long iron and sheet metal EGS. Short iron is around $10.00 a hundred down here. Maybe more if it is really good stuff.

  83. #83EGS2010-03-26 11:33

    I was getting $160 a ton for heavy shred. Then yesterday I ran into a farmer friend of mine that has a contract to haul 50 ton for $210 a ton. He told me to haul in under his contract. Can't beat that.

  84. #84oilburnincummin2010-04-11 21:04

    some good looking peices of equipment in here. im getting all giddy over looking at the single cab duramax trucks again.

  85. #85wmonroe2010-05-12 21:54

    Heres mine

  86. #86HSV1272011-01-31 01:42

    My 1998 GMC working hard and loving it! Not a gooseneck but a fairly solid muck spreader (about 9,000lb) that I towed 60 mile down the road the other day.

  87. #87HSV1272011-01-31 02:06

    This is a 2009 Chev 2500 that I tested here in New Zealand for a magazine I work for, the right hand drive conversion costs around $30,000 NZD bringing the on road cost with a few extras (cold air intake, big bore exhaust, bull bar, locking deck lid, 5th wheel attachment) to $146,000 NZD. Plus trailer (made in Texas somewhere I think) $20,000 NZD. Have to say the Duramax's 365hp made my old 6.5 look like a snail!! haha

  88. #88fast_st2011-01-31 11:17

    Nice looking spreader, though you may want to over inflate your rear tires a bit, if they're 10 ply I'd suggest going to around 95-110 Psi to help keep heating at bay.

  89. #89xkv8r2011-02-05 18:26

    Any one can overload a trailer and get the truck moving . Just wait for Mr Dot. or better yet get in an accident and then wonder why your getting sued. Or even better yet when your insurance co wont pay because your illegal. Its amazing you may get away with it ,but all it takes is once. You know a two ton truck will handle these loads much better. Pickups transmissions ,brakes , and wheel bearings all have a short life when you tow like that. I hope you all are using E rated tires .

  90. #90maxamillion672011-02-05 18:57

    Here is my trailer and I just got this trailer yesterday, I pulled it home about 160 mile, pulls great. Going to use it to haul round bales of hay and my skid steer. It is a 1998 24 foot Donahue Gooseneck with a fold down dovetail and two 7000 torsion axles. Loaded up my skid steer on it to get the fell of loading it on deck over trailer. Hope you enjoy the pictures.

  91. #912stickbill2011-02-05 19:20

    That's the best trailer to pull behind a 3/4ton pick up.I have one that's rated at 16,000# single wheel.Pulls like a dream.

  92. #92IHJIM2011-02-06 10:50

    Here's my rig. '74 International Harvester 200. 392v8, 4speed stick, 4.88 gears. The trailer is a 20ft, 20Kgvw. Biggest load so far was a John Deere 3020 diesel, probably around 7,000 lbs+ whatever the trailer weighs.

  93. #93fast_st2011-02-10 10:31

    I'm glad I don't have a collar I run mine under reciprocity (if you're legal in your state, other states respect that) CDL flags are as such, 26,001 combined and a trailer over 10,000. So an F450 towing a 9000 pound trailer is exempt. My F250 (6800gvw) towing a 19,000 gooseneck also exempt. Now the dually combo is 30K but the exemption is 'non commercial' I ended up in a long talk with the head truck inspector in Mass and the word came around, if its your stuff, and you're not doing it for employment, its exempt. This is the part that covers RV's, folks going to tractor shows and other non commercial users of the roadway. Cali is scary, any trailer over 10k pushes the combination to a class A california drivers lic (non cdl) So an empty 5 ton trailer towed behind a jeep becomes a class A combination. I'm not saying that a rookie LEO who is making up the rules/laws won't try to ruin my day sometime, that does happen.

  94. #94CM19952011-02-10 17:48

    WOW $146K! Although they did do a very nice job at the right hand drive swap.

  95. #95Ryan Rønning2011-02-15 00:18

    Some of my pics. I do a lil hotshot work from time to time. The truck is all wrong for the work but it does get the job done. My heaviest ever was 34000lbs (yes I have a CDL) from Nashville TN to Lawton OK. Made the trip just fine. We are upgrading to a 2011 or 2012 F450 this summer so that should make things much nicer.

  96. #96LetsTalkDirt2011-03-06 01:39

    My truck and Cat not a gooseneck but still a good load!

  97. #97LetsTalkDirt2011-03-06 02:07

    another one

  98. #98fast_st2012-05-14 11:03

    Fine looking shovel, hope the trailer brakes are in good shape! I only have my small digger. http://www.tiger-mtn.com/gallery2/m...DownloadItem&g2_itemId=1447&g2_serialNumber=2

  99. #99fyrwood guy2012-05-14 19:58

    got me a new 1-ton.2011 duramax 3500HD.nice light load.25'hyd tilt w/winch 2-6,000lb axle.same trailer in previous post's. this new truck sure is MUCH better than '85K30!

  100. #100fast_st2012-05-15 11:35

    I agree, all wheel disc brakes, hydravac boost all around, newer trucks carry a bunch more rating than the previous versions. My 89 will move the backhoe but its not happy about it.

  101. #101PonyExpress942012-05-19 19:56

    Here's some of my GN. 8.5' x 29' 14k GVW, all aluminum with four custom toolboxes, dual deep cycle batteries and a 9,500 lb superwinch. The ramps are 9' long for the low ground clearance loads. Total trailer weight is 4,720 lbs. First two are from the day I picked it up a little over a year ago. This one was taken up in Clifton Park, NY when I bought the Komatsu in late March of this year.

  102. #102fast_st2012-05-20 18:40

    That's pretty super, did you use the ramps to load the dozer ot did you use another method?

  103. #103PonyExpress942012-05-20 18:56

    Yeah I did. They sagged an inch or two but otherwise drama free. I laid them down on the deck for the long trip home because they cause a good bit of wind drag.

  104. #104Dualie2012-05-20 20:20

    If you dont mind me asking what did that trailer set you back?

  105. #105CM19952012-05-20 20:47

    Letstalkdirt, please tell me you did that just for the picture and you don't actually pull that down the highway?? ointhead

  106. #106PonyExpress942012-05-21 11:37

    Sent you a PM.