Hey remember these posts? Ok so I stopped taking pictures for awhile.... videos seem to interest me more for some reason. So..... pictures it is. Lets start off kinda random.... how about some 385's? Or maybe some 627's?
Ok some pics of the actual job, we're burying 1050mm Concrete Storm Sewer in a field where a future main artery will be going through next year. In some spots the sewer is 14 meters deep, at the shallow end its about 8 meters deep.
More more more, most of my photo's are from the backfill end but thats kind of normal for my photo's.
sweet buddy
Oh yeah... since I mentioned them might as well link up a video. Me in the 375L cleaning out the bucket with the spoon bucket. Sometimes banging your bucket on the ground just won't cut it with wet sticky silty clay. YouTube - Cat 375L Bucket Cleaning I'm sure I'll catch some flak from you guys about banging the bucket to get the crap out..... but its literally the only way.
always liked the pics .....keep'em coming
what what ? thats it ? i thought you where a picture slut? your just a tease. hahahaha
I have to keep you wanting more.
these pictures are like women you just see a little, your never happy . i want to see them all
c'mon burnout, don't stop now......
How did that Komatsu dozer sneak into a Sureway fleet?
Nice pics, Alex. I take it that the 627s are prebenching for the 385?
Hey Burnout One more post and I am going to steal your number!:stirthepot Now does that mean I get your machine too?:drinkup
Hahahahahahahahah funny gai..... no. Also... we actually have quite a few Komatsu dozers, about a dozen or so D85E/P/PX's, 4 D155's, 2 D375's and 3 D475's I think there is a 275 as well but I haven't seen it yet, oh and a D87 and D58. I actually spent today in that D155 and wow. I gotta stop makin fun of them thats a really nice machine. First dozer I have ever run without ear plugs. The 627's are actually backfilling, 90% of this site is really really really wet but we have one area of fill thats super dry so they 37's haul in dry to sprinkle over the wet. We have quite the elaborate systemj going right now as far as backfill is concerned. All the pre trenching was done last month and in sepetember with hoes and then stockpiled sadly.... its all covered in mountains of wet.
Ha, I new that would get a rise out of you. OOOps, I guess I did it now, 973.
Scrapers for backfilll... that's so crazy it actually makes sense... seriously, think about it... short haul, like a road job... perfect place for scrapers... not a bad idea, sureway. i knew i should have accepted that job at sureway a couple years ago... those guys are smart after all.
We're inventive thats for sure. Our haul actually isn't so short right now, in some spots the scrapers have a 10 minute round trip with the dry. I also grabbed a video yesterday of me in a..... ....... ...... Komatsu. I have not many nice things to say about Komatsu iron, but I do like this D155AX-6 YouTube - Komatsu D155AX-6
Doctor Love huh? Was thinking more like Doctor Dirt :drinkup
Trust me its Doctor Love :tong I am by no means a doctor of dirt, I am still a med student in that field.
The dentist came to fix my crooked smile. A few weeks back my partners 973C went down when the transmission filter housing broke off the side of the transmission, so nice guy I am I let him have my 973.... since he does have about 20yrs seniority on me in the company. So I got me a nice shiny... 1998 973A with 14 000hrs
More nice pics! Alex, are you pushing the '27 with your loader in that pic?
Yes, if you look at an earlier pic of the 27 thats stuck.... same scraper. I had to pick up the back end of the scraper and have the other 627 pull him out. It was quite the operation. OK holy crap guys, the wifey just linked me to this and I figured you'd enjoy... the iSaw YouTube - iSaw - The world's first USB powered chainsaw
As always, love seeing your photos and your sence of humor is great as well. Looks like your staying busy up there. Hope it stays that way for ya. Trbo
Ok guys... I know some of you think im too serious so im gonna show ya some funny pics. Had the 627G cutting for me yesterday and he was struggling so we had to bring in a pushcat. The 9 and 10 were being washed so..... had to bring in the serious pushing power. The last 2 pics are myself and another operator walking 2 of the hoes up to be washed. We decided to do some fencing with our bare sticks. 385CL (me) vs 750LC Deere.....
That backhoe is pretty funny - some guys I know who worship those things might even think you were serious.... However....I don't know about that "swordfight" ("bare sticks"? ), dude - maybe you 2 need to get a room???? :drinkup
Well oddly enough the other operator is a female... and we are pretty good friends. She is also the one who runs the tractor backhoe. As for room.... no she is engaged and she is like my sister.
Yeah well cool pics anyway.
some places a sister is all you need hhahaha
wait, you are engaged to your sister?
I gotta ask, in post #20 what made the bottom of the teeth wear like that? my guess is frost?? Pj
Just worn out. I've ran a couple 963's where the teeth were wore out to the shanks on the bottom like that. Still have one of them, think it will make a nice paper weight one day:drinkup
the guy i used to work with would bring the old caps home and weld them in to hammers . culdnt tell you why and or for what reason but thats what he did. i figured one hammer would be cool but i think he was working on a few dozen.
All of our teeth wear that way, when we spread material you are running with the bottom scraping the ground all the time. I did save one of the teeth for my apartment, I also have a worn out 385 tooth, 1250 tooth and another 973 tooth with the broken shank still attached to it. Mah new teeth are all nice and purty though, no paint left on em but they are pointy.:drinkup
cheers burnout a pleasure as always from across the pond, nice to see ur sorry ass in a kumagutsa too lmao