I need some more pics of a dozer like this. http://img62.imageshack.us/img62/4317/8mm8cat2l.jpg Thanks!
Like this one? I'll look for a woodchip machine
powerjoke, Woodchip dozers don't have a ripper. Also they have a different style blade. I'm looking for a sidewall wood chip blade. Thanks! ddbcustommodels.webs.com
dirworksequip, i found these on google hope they help a little bit http://www.craig-mfg.com/downloads/CatDozer-1024x768.jpg http://lh3.ggpht.com/_Kcsh7gvmmho/SFQcdIV6NLI/AAAAAAAAAnk/GL0cRNmfBn8/s720/P5160318.JPG and heres a link to a manufacture i found http://www.craig-mfg.com/products_DZ.asp?f=dz theres many more out there just do some research online best on google there was a thread on here at one time with dozers with blades that had sidewalls on them i dont seem to be able to find it but you might also want to look into those. what exactly will this be used for?
Here are some that were posted over at DHS.
Air intakes WOW....are All of those air intakes for the engine, or for another power accessory....That's quite a blade, I think Balderson makes blades for that purpose.I think I'm seeing four...Does that one have a C32 or somethin...LOL
I posted the same topic on DHS. I saw the Craig blade but didn't see the D8N. I saw the other but the pic of the D8N was a lot more helpful. Next step is to find specs, really that all I need. I'm going to build a woodchip blade for my Ertl D10N and maybe a Norscot D10T. Thanks guys!
we are getting a new D8T with a chip package soon(to replace our POS Deere 1050C). it will probably have a Craig blade on it too. if you want i can get pics and measurements for you no prob. Shawn
Craig makes some really nice attachments. Handy to have them local to us as well.
Pics and measurements would be great! Maybe I ought to conisder doing one and a D8R. Thanks!
From what i understand it will have a 37 cubic yard chip blade.
http:// this is our Deere 1050C with a 40 cubic yard Craig chip blade
So what kind of problems have you had with the 1050C?
In it's first year they put over $125k in repairs. It's down again to replace a pump that JD just replaced a few months ago! Splitter box is leaking oil into it also. Alot of hyd pumps (it's hydrostatic) and hoses that get cooked to death cause the machine will overheat the hydraulics in the winter. It seems you can't go a few weeks without something major.
I was wondering about that. I demoed a 1050 for a week, and it worked pretty good, but I was worried about the hydraulics. We run in some pretty hot stuff here in the SW US. I ended up getting a D-8T, and it has worked out well.
We used to have a fleet of 3 Dresser TD-25's but they slowly have been dying--right now we are down to one and 1/2. One is sitting in the shop with all the hoses burnt off the engine. Question: We tried a D8 highdrive and burnt the clutch/brakes out of it in two weeks. Our guys love the old International two-speed steering becuase it is nearly bulletproof. Are the guys who are running the D8's and D10's running differential steering? Thanks, Jon.
sweet!
What size engines in that d10r?
D10R dozers use 3412 engines.