Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pics of mini exs in dump trailers please.

stumpjumper83 · 2024-03-02 08:11

So I've decided and been approved for a new kobelco sk35 canopy mini ex. I'm buying a dump trailer to haul it with. Looking at suretrac 7x12 12k & 7x14 14k units. The 14 has like 750# more empty weight, and 250# more cargo weight I will be renting both units out. I'm concerned that the mini might not fit well in the 12' and that they may overload the 14' easier. Advise & preferably pics of a 35 size mini in a 12' dump trailer.

Replies10
  1. #1MG842024-03-02 10:06

    I know this isn’t exactly what you are looking for, but it may be a good point of reference. That’s a 14’ bed and not much room to spare. If you offset the boom and swung the house you might get it in 12’ but it’d be tight. Also in the above pic, if that were a trailer instead of a truck, it would have a tremendous amount of tongue weight.

  2. #2Acoals2024-03-02 10:23

    That little 35 will fit in a dump just fine. The first couple of years when I started I stuffed my Cat 305C into a 14' Loadtrail gooseneck dump. I had to swing the boom almost all the way to one side and jack the whole thing sideways to fit it with the door shut, but it fit. The machine would be all the way to the front of the box, so a lot of tongue weight; I had a gooseneck with a F450, so that was ok.

  3. #3BluewaterLa2024-03-02 10:40

    My PC35 MR-2 just fits tight into my 14 foot dump trailer made by Texas Pride. I have about an inch between the push blade and the rear doors and have to pivot the boom sideways to place the bucket in the corner on a block to keep the stick cylinder from hitting the 3 foot side rail or front tarp system. It works but in hind sight I should have gotten a 16 foot for added comfort of loading and binding chains.

  4. #4BC Placer gold2024-03-03 19:41

    We sold a Hitachi ZX-27 (long-stick) and it just barely fit in the new owners 12’ dump trailer; with the boom fully articulated.

  5. #5stumpjumper832024-03-03 20:11

    Yeah, I think a 14' is in order

  6. #6MG842024-03-04 08:46

    I’ve noticed the dump trailers United rents have very short sides, like maybe 12”. I think this is probably the only way to keep someone from overloading them.

  7. #7stumpjumper832024-03-09 20:08

    She fits kinda snuggly in the trailer, but it rode good... Went and picked it up today

  8. #8Welder Dave2024-03-12 01:14

    Just make sure you have good tie down rings welded inside the box to hold the machine. I'd bet a lot of people carry skid steers and mini-exes in dump trailers thinking they don't need to be strapped down.

  9. #9Old Growth2024-03-12 04:48

    I dont have a tool/pump box on my tongue. I haul a 40 mini on a 12 foot 14K trailer. I welded up a nice angled rack on the tongue to sit the bucket on. So my mini ex sits nicely in the middle of a short 12' deck, but the bucket is in front on the tongue.

  10. #10stumpjumper832024-03-12 19:08

    Trailer comes with 5 d rings welded in. I'm not always johny legal, but they always tied down. Put my compact tractor on it today... while it hauled it fine, im not selling my deckover.