Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pilot control

Tattle creek ยท 2016-03-13 11:47

I have a 200lc Deere excavator I need to replace seals in pilot control . Can anyone tell me where to get seals Deere just wants to seal me a joystick for 1000.

Replies8
  1. #1lantraxco2016-03-13 14:46

    Let's see if this comes out large enough to read: I would replace the "Cap" assemblies not just the seals. If you look the part numbers for the "Cap"s up on Machinery Trader they show some availability, the one number comes up at an online Deere vendor at about fifty bucks each.

  2. #2Tattle creek2016-03-14 11:57

    Thanks for the info. Had a new guy at Deere . I also found it this morning. Thanks for the help

  3. #3Tattle creek2016-03-18 11:22

    Thanks .it was a snap .seals In no leaks back to work.

  4. #4Tattle creek2016-03-18 11:28

    Cleaning machine and found new issue .Has about 6 bolts missing in swing bearing Where it bolts to upper structure . Appears they are broken up in the threads . Seems tight at bearing but seal is hanging out .

  5. #5lantraxco2016-03-18 12:00

    Those will usually spin right out, now I hope I don't jinx you by saying that. Left hand drill bit can come in handy for these. Are they all in one spot mostly?

  6. #6Tattle creek2016-03-18 12:13

    Yes they are

  7. #7Tattle creek2016-03-18 12:19

    Also just read a post on using a heavy wall pipe that just fits in hole and cutting it long enough to get a pipe wrench on it and welding in the center

  8. #8Tattle creek2016-03-18 12:24

    I can't see where these bolt go through the top . The plate they go into is just 1" thick not much threads for what they do. Cleaned one out good and can see end of bolt and 1 or two threads with a mirror.