Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pin and bush seals

cjmc · 2018-10-01 16:22

hi all, looking into replacing all the pins and bushes around the bucket linkage area on my ex60-3 as they are quite well worn. Wondering what your opinions on putting in new grease seals when doing the bushings, are they strictly necessary, some people saying they’re a waste of time as they get ruined after a few hours work. Just looking for opinions either way. Thanks

Replies2
  1. #1Batkom2018-10-04 16:32

    I did all those on my Komatsu PC 75 last winter. And put the new grease seals in. From the looks of the old ones they had lasted a long time and helped the pins n bushings out till the pins n bushings wore to the point where the seals could not contact the pins. A summer of work on them now, and they are still in good shape. I personally would definitely put them in again when redoing a pin n bushing job.

  2. #2Volvomad2018-10-04 20:15

    I reckon shimming everything properly will keep in more grease than seals but with new pins and bushes I would put them in as well . They should last along time when everything is a snug fit