Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pin fixing clips

towbar ยท 2024-07-24 20:51

I'm fielding this under SAFETY because equipment controls, not to mention VEHICLE controls, ofter use them and when safety is an issue there can be no doubt left when the job is done. My FWD lever has this kind of pin lock what is this type called? It's a very good type but too thin, I've pulled about half a dozen rusted to ratshit on my tractor rebuild.

Replies8
  1. #1Cliffy2024-07-25 02:38

    I call them clevis pin spring clips.

  2. #2towbar2024-07-25 08:18

    Thanks, been tying to find an assortment kit up to maybe 1" mixed imperial/metric to no avail. Maybe I'll just use a loose bolt and a lock-nut instead.

  3. #3DDoug2024-07-25 09:20

    Dorman is an old line name that might have that.

  4. #4MarcusZ19672024-07-25 11:30

    Replace with standard clevis pin. McMaster-Carr McMaster-Carr is the complete source for your plant with over 595,000 products. 98% of products ordered ship from stock and deliver same or next day. www.mcmaster.com

  5. #5skyking12024-07-25 11:37

    clevis plus cotter if you are not removing it often, clevis plus hitch clip if you do.

  6. #6IceHole2024-07-25 12:10

    Spring clip. Not sure how a pin falling out a lever to engage 4wd on a tractor is a safety issue.

  7. #7MarcusZ19672024-07-25 12:30

    Yeah, scroll down far enough and clevis with cotter pin is listed.

  8. #8Joe H2024-07-25 12:44

    Products - Clevis Spring Pins, Clips and Cotters Clips midwestcontrol.com