Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pivot shaft question on 953c

chrismatin ยท 2016-05-10 21:01

The pivot shaft seal on the back side of the reservoir is leaking on both sides, once I topped off with 40w oil. Is it a big task to replace seals or should I just fill up with high end grease? Please advise men Tk

Replies5
  1. #1chrismatin2016-05-12 09:43

    Any thoughts men? Tks

  2. #2rmllarue912016-05-12 10:40

    Hey Chrismatin most likely seals are leaking because track frames are moving. If you get it early enough pivot shaft bearings and seals and equalizer bar bearings should do it. If you let it get bad you will be lineboring and changing hard parts. By lift machine up and down with bucket can get a good idea on equalizer bar play and get one track frame off the ground and use big bar or jack to look for play

  3. #3chrismatin2016-05-12 21:28

    Understood. Tk you

  4. #4ship 6602016-05-12 21:33

    I have worked on a few machines that had this problem. Owner said pump it full with grease. I did what boss said and it is still running fine with more then 15,000 hours. Just my 2 cents worth

  5. #5chrismatin2016-05-13 21:56

    Cool Beans Tks. Will try tomorrow