Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

plowing snow

razvy ยท 2009-07-08 14:43

Anyone used a 3 point hitch attachment whit a rear tractor bade ( 3 point blade) to plow snow ?

Replies10
  1. #1salopez2009-07-08 18:55

    why go through all that truble to use a tool that you will break easily? just use a snow bucket or get a ss plow.

  2. #2razvy2009-07-08 19:16

    I have the plow , and a plate which can be easily modify to accept the 3 point . What I want is metal tracks:slomo

  3. #3emilbanks2009-07-08 20:30

    What you suggest will work but as stated it's not the best set -up Couple years back I used one for plowing season that same set-up it was all I had and it did the job, but you need to be careful you don't go along plowing and hit lets say a frozen in solid rock on a non-paved driveway , it will rattle your bones. I now have a truck snow plow with springs on it and managed to rig it out so the power angle works on it, is so much smoother. Emil

  4. #4razvy2009-07-09 00:07

    You have a point :notworthy , it is a dirt driveway and it's long , I never plow it before so I my consider a reg. plow blade, just have to figure out the hydraulics .

  5. #5Wolf2009-07-09 01:38

    hey guys, it's summer. hey guys, it's summer. why all this talk about snow?

  6. #6razvy2009-07-09 01:40

    This stuff is like Christmas ,starts early

  7. #7Steve Frazier2009-07-09 04:08

    I'll second the idea of using a pickup plow, you should be able to find one somewhere for $500 or less if you aren't in a hurry. The hydraulics aren't hard at all, just get a couple couplings and add flow restrictors in line and you're good to go. The truck plow will be much more productive than the rear blade.

  8. #806Case4352009-09-16 12:26

    roger that

  9. #9OneWelder2009-09-16 13:15

    Go to one of the farm trac. sites (Ntractorclub - YTmag.com) - they do it but a lot of them complain about sore necks my thought is it would depend on how much snow you get.

  10. #10wolfman2009-09-20 17:42

    Hello I went to a State DOT auction and purchased a 10 ft truck plow and built me a bobcat attachment plate and hooked it to the plow and used an chain as the top connection so i could adjust the pitch works great on my S250. than the rest of the year I use the same 3pt plate on my yard tool and I dont have to take the tractor anymore bobcat can do it all.