I am looking in to buying a 1995 new holland l865. with unknow hours and my question does any one have a list of different things I should check for before buying it. I have never owned one before any help would be greatly appreciated. Thank you
Don't know much about the NH skid. First thing, when ya get there to check it out, feel the engine to make sure it's cold. If so, how does it start up? Then how does it drive and operate functions, give it a good tryout. How many leaks does it have. Is the hyd oil clear or cloudy? Look for things that are going to have to be repaired by the new owner...you. For sure look for looseness in the pins/bushings of cylinders and pivot of front coupler. Can't offer any specifics about the NH. gggraham probably knows more about them. Hope that helps a little.
I have no idea if this is in violation of copyright protection or not -- I have a document from a magazine that I downloaded a long time ago (2006) about looking at used SSLs. It'll probably be everything that users here post, but nevertheless the link is below. If this gets into copyright infringement, I'll pull it right away. I'm actually not too sure how this works -- the pdf was available on the web, so if I download the pdf and say the information's not mine, am I still "stealing" someone else's information? http://netfiles.uiuc.edu:443/xwang22/Public/Skid steer appraisal.pdf
Ok thanks for the tips
For some reason that link isn't working on my computer
Darn. Sorry about that. https://netfiles.uiuc.edu/xwang22/Public/Skid steer appraisal.pdf
Thanks for the link. we went and looked at one the other day and something didn't seem right. i have been looking at machinery trader online. does any one have any other web sites that have used before?