Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Plugs and caps for hydrualic hoses

nilzlofgren ยท 2011-03-13 17:13

Does anyone know where I can find assorted plugs and caps, for the ends of hydraulic hoses. Occasionally I've seen assortments, but never knew where I could by them. Does anybody know? Thanks. John.

Replies21
  1. #1Muffler Bearing2011-03-13 17:25

    they are right in the Gates book, or should be available where ever hoses and fittings are sold

  2. #2donkey doctor2011-03-13 17:33

    We used to take a female hose fitting and braze shut the stub end that goes into the hose to us as caps and take a hose to pipe male/male fitting and put a pipe cap on the pipe thread end for plugging hoses. Not elegent but does the job. make as needed and you end up with quite a collection after awhile. Don't know how price compares to proper plugs and caps. Regards D.D.

  3. #3willie592011-03-13 17:41

    If I'm not mistaken, a 580K Phase III still pretty much used 37 degree JIC flare fittings on the machine. You might contact these folks and see if they offer a JIC kit, otherwise, you can purchase them individually from them. http://www.discounthydraulichose.com/SAE_37_Flare_JIC_Hydraulic_Tube_Fittings_s/24.htm

  4. #4tool_king2011-03-13 21:18

    Where in New Jersey are you located .I can tell you were to get them.

  5. #5Rusty1032011-03-14 12:10

    Check out www.rocklinhydraulics.com they have cap and plug kits.

  6. #6nilzlofgren2011-03-14 22:26

    Atlantic county, 20 miles west of Atlantic City.

  7. #7nilzlofgren2011-03-14 22:29

    Exactly what I was looking for. Thank you Rusty.

  8. #8pajibson2013-12-26 21:29

    Here's another source http://www.hyd-kits.com/store.asp?pid=35827&catid=20031 I know this is a few years late but hey I came across this looking for something. Someone else might too.

  9. #995zIV2013-12-26 21:42

    Fleetpride carries them individually.

  10. #10Dualie2013-12-27 22:44

    I bought an assortment from my local parker dealer a while ago. It was pricey but i was tired of not having them.

  11. #11theironoracle2013-12-31 21:51

    for steel caps and plugs I also buy from hyd-kits.com for plastic push in/on I use a kit from my cat dealer! It comes in a plano double sided tackle box and the last one I bought was $60! I know what your thinking sounds to good to be true, but really this is one of the only non proprietary things I have ever purchased from my cat dealer. LOL...............TIO

  12. #12kshansen2014-01-01 10:04

    Is there a Cat part number for this kit?

  13. #13RBMcCloskey2014-01-01 14:08

    Americal Hose & Hydraulics in Paterson, NJ, they can make up a assortment for you both SAE and Metric. Also call Mike Pearl at Equipment Mart Of NY 203-335-0100 he has fittings for flange type hoses that are wonderful. http://www.flangelock.com/

  14. #14SchuLace2014-01-01 18:11

    276-7018

  15. #15caver2014-02-01 18:42

    What's the common sizes of plugs and caps for a case 580K phase 3

  16. #16mitch5042014-02-01 19:30

    -8, -10, and -12 JIC

  17. #17caver2014-02-02 09:10

    Thanks mitch504!!

  18. #18nowing752014-02-05 19:20

    I feel like I have been buying caps and plugs for years and I still come up short at times.

  19. #19muskoka guy2014-02-05 19:40

    My heavy epuipment buddy showed me a trick if you blow a line and are losing fluid. Take off the fitting on the supply side and put a dime in the fitting. Put the fitting back on. This will stop the flow. Keeps you from losing all your fluid and you could limp the machine a short distance if you have to. Wrecks the dime but well worth ten cents. Have used it a few times and it works like a charm.

  20. #20mbs2014-02-14 08:51

    Any hydro shop should be able to get you what you need. Plastic or steel plugs / caps.

  21. #21Sirthor18812014-02-14 10:39

    I've been hunting some DIN caps and plugs anyone got a good source? They are difficult to find around here being metric, but everything I work on uses metric fittings. Tired of not having any caps/plugs.