Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Portable A/C Equipment

dieseldog5.9 · 2022-01-26 18:15

I have been eyeing some Air Conditioning equipment, I have the Certification to purchase refrigerant and have some experience using a Robinair full shop unit, but am looking for a portable unit for the service truck to recover refrigerant. I don't do a lot of field A/C work so don't want to get a large budget machine, but I seem to get held up on a few jobs because I cannot recover the refrigerant. Looking for what works for other guys, looks like possibly the Robinair RG6 would work.

Replies3
  1. #1Mike L2022-01-26 18:36

    I run a robinair vacuum pump, Napa gauges and a tank that looks like a propane tank. To be honest the majority of my repairs have already leaked out so I don’t need the tank much.

  2. #21693TA2022-01-26 19:05

    Richie "Yellow Jacket" is my recovery machine and Robinair recovery tanks with a Mastercool 5cfm vacuum pump. Had this setup over 25 years problem free and the recovery machine is still current.

  3. #3MFIHCAT2022-02-04 10:26

    I use Mastercool 69110, came with recovery bottle, Robinair vac pump, OTC scale, and Robinair manifold set. You dont really need the manifold set, but I like it better than just the gauges on recovery machine. All seperate pieces makes it a little easier to load in service truck.