Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Posi Trac ASV RC100 ?????

BakerbuiltTrack ยท 2013-06-26 00:18

Hey all, I am going to be picking up a ASV RC100 this week. A buddy of mine is expanding his mulching business and is giving me this as he will be keeping the new one. I will be using it for mulching also picking up 3 more counties near my area. Im not new to running equipment as i Build Motocross Supercross and Arenacross Tracks for a living. I use dozers loaders excavators and skid steers every day all brands all over the world. Im doing this as a time filler between jobs and to help my buddy expand. I have a few questions if anyone is familiar to this type of skiddy. 1. The A/C..... both fans on the roof were re[placed a year back, now the ac blows cold for a bit then warms up. I noticed last week when using it, it would come on cold then warm then every so often it would get a small spirt of cold air then warm back up. We added some 134a to it and no difference. My question is can you adjust the a/c clutch on these ? I do it on my f250 but just curious if you can on these. If not its more than likely a pressure switch. 2. Hesitation..... This thing hesitates REAL bad when going from forward to reverse. Any adjustment that i can do or is that a tuning/programming issue.

Replies5
  1. #1Steve Frazier2013-06-26 01:29

    Please do not post threads in multiple forums. This forum best fits your question, thanks

  2. #2caterpillarmech2013-06-26 05:16

    What was the charge on the system? high side and low side. Are the Fans staying on? Is your condenser core clean? Just a few item to look at. Sounds like high pressure cut out, pressure drops and comes on again for a minute.

  3. #3BakerbuiltTrack2013-07-05 16:56

    Right ........ It was late and i didn't realize i was in track loaders forum. Man I'm an idiot, thets why i posted it in here because i realized after i submitted it there. Thanks though

  4. #4BakerbuiltTrack2013-07-05 17:06

    I have no way to really test it as tools go. I got a recharge kit that was sitting in the shop from a few years back " probably was no good" but it said it was just under normal. I added the renaming 1/2 a can to it till the gauge came up to the full mark. Yes the core was filthy with a good amount of dirt and other trash. Lots of broken pine needles. Used compressed air first followed by high pressure water " no pressure washer" just a hose and simple green. I haven't yet got a chance to run since the cleaning. As for the high and low side. Are there pressure switches on these systems ? I know my truck has them but haven't really looked at the entire system on this for inspection of the switches. Also the cabin air cleaner under the seat is missing Where can i get one.

  5. #5BakerbuiltTrack2013-07-07 23:00

    Bump !