Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Power problems

CatMech23 · 2024-06-11 11:04

I’ve got a 650 John Deere Dozer. It’s a newer model that has an electric injection pump. I replaced the pump and put everything back into time but I’m not getting power to the back of the pump. I checked all of the fuses, I’ve looked for scrubbed spots, and I’ve checked for shorts. Any ideas?

Replies3
  1. #1Diesel Dave2024-06-12 01:01

    Machine serial # ? Any service codes ?

  2. #2mg23612024-06-12 04:57

    Welcome to HEF CatMech23 ! Like Dave said, serial number, codes? If your pump looks like the one below, you will not measure typical voltage at the connections. It is a Pulse Width Modulated circuit. You need to measure duty cycle or use a scope. Even with duty cycle, there is no spec, so I couldn't tell you what is normal. You may need someone with Service Advisor to look at it.

  3. #3Tyler d4c2024-06-12 09:11

    Was the new pump a new one a reman or what? I seen troubles with the deere remans