Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Power Wagon Aero Dynamics

Mike Mc ยท 2011-11-03 23:01

I've been working on my old power wagon making it an extended cab so I'm not cramped up. When I drive my work truck with the window down and the sliding back window cracked open it makes it very pleasurable to drive with the window down. If the back window is closed the wind drys my eyes out real quick. Since they don't make a sliding back window for this truck I was thinking of installing one of these vents. Figured if I installed the vent behind the extended cab window the air would come in the vent and out the down drivers side window. Making it nice to drive with the window down. You all think my thinking is correct on the extra vent? Will it help keep the wind from coming in the drivers side window?

Videos in this topic

Browse the full video library

Replies3
  1. #1heavylift2011-11-03 23:53

    put one on each side.. easier than guessing seems like any older truck slider would work, most back glass is flat ... look at a ranger or s-10 back slider

  2. #2Komatsu 1502011-11-04 08:28

    I don't know what year that is but this company at http://www.trucknvans.com/CRL-Duo-Vent-Four-Panel-Slider-p/tsw1814t.htm has one for a 1967 rear window.

  3. #3Mike Mc2011-11-04 10:50

    HL, the 6" stack is one the passenger side so the drivers side keeps the vent away from the noise. Those 5.9 Cummins make lots of noise pollution K150, thanks for the link. I'll probably get one... might have to muffle the Cummins a bit. Here is a video of the PW http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0SgxbM_2kCA http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bFZSC_iZEJI