As operators you all know the importance of pre-trip inspections on your equipment. My questions are...does the company that you work for have a policy or standard that requires a pre-trip inspection to be done daily? Do you keep a log book to record these inspections, problems found etc? For those that are owner/operators... do you have a system that you follow and expect those working for you to follow? Our operators are expected to do a pre-trip daily and they have a log book that has to be signed off after the pre-trip has been completed. Also recorded in the log book are hours of use, oil changes, grease jobs and items that require attention. Just curious to what is required in the rest of the country. Any feedback would be appreciated.
absolutely required. pre-trip,post trip,review copy of previous days inspection, my company refers to them as D.E.I.' s(Daily Equipment Inspections) at end of shift new problems with equipment are written on our D.E.I board. lock out tagout notices are also posted there. our monthly incentive includes D.E.I. s . dont do your DEI everyday lose 200 bucks. needless to say we all carry pens in our pockets...lol:yup
LOL I have never seen them even change the oil in any of the equipment I have run. So no, but I look over everything before it's started. I have worked of companies that where good about fixing stuff, but I have never had to fill out DEI but for trucks.