Do you use a Trimble System or a Topcon or other???
Trimble... opps, guess you knew that already:thumbsup . I've seen that D9r in person, certainly is an impressive machine, and the operator can do simply amazing things with it, truly top notch. :notworthy :notworthy Is that particular photo from Byer's Station? -Jim
Does the Seat of Your Pants GPS system sound familiar, but I would like to get on with a company that is set up for GPS an see what’s it all about.
Even though I'm still a green operator by any standard I do agree that GPS system can't replace a good operator, only make him better and keep him (or her) from having to worry about those gradestakes that always seem to be in the way. Our school has some GPS equipment, including a few hand helds, a new rover, and the field equipment (baystation/dozer setup). The only thing we don't have that the "real world" has, is automation. Here is a photo of our machine. It is a D4H, and in my (and a few of my classmates) opinion a fast dozer.