Just a bit of a tumble to be had if the operator gets too off course. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XukYAw7FwX4&list=UUBDziNm8KrCQ4j3sv7ozXeA&index=5
That's nothing new to those boys!
What are they trying to do ?
He is making a ramp....no biggy. You could run that dozer right off the side and be ok. Be a hell of a ride though.
It isn't as bad as you'd think. I haven't gone over sideways, but I have had to go over the face in front of me. About a 100 foot vertical drop riding the pushed down material=no real way to stop. It's actually really fun after you've done it once, and I prefer to drop over the face now instead of going all the way around when I have to head down into the pit for some reason. I thought I was all done with pushing down, but if I work overtime, I still get put on a dozer from time to time.
They're building a trestle up to the power pole so that they can excavate or mine away the ground on the other side of the power pole, where an existing access to the pole is, no? I can't think of any other reason to build the ramp. That doesm't look as bad as the open pit mines in Nevada. Falling or rolling off of a ramp of soft dirt probably isn't as bad as falling vertically off of a hard rock bench... cool video.
Cool video. But man, I hate those old cameras you have to wind. Very distracting...