Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Problems with my d6k

Mwc ยท 2015-10-27 20:59

My left track is hesitating when I'm on a slope or pushing uphill. When I'm on a slope with my right track on the high side of the slope I have no hesitation. I also don't have any hesitation when I'm on flat ground pushing. It's only when my left track is on the high side of the slope. Does anybody have any ideas? Thanks

Replies5
  1. #1nowing752015-10-28 18:56

    Are the tracks adjusted properly. Are the tracks in good shape. I'm not sure what would cause that. I was looking for some tests to run but most all require cat et to do them.

  2. #2nicky 68a2015-10-29 10:47

    Get Cat out to it if it's under warranty.I was using one on steep slopes last year and it would occasionally hic up abit.I Imediately got off and checked for problems.Found nothing and wondered if a big stone had jammed up in the sproket.I got back on it to try and get it off the slope but it was crunching on one final.Got the D8 to push it sideways down the slope to the bottom without tipping it over or rotating the sproket in any way.I called the owner to call Finnings out.He told me to just leave it.Went back to work on another tractor and another driver turned up to drive it ! It worked as if nothing was up with it and I felt a right idiot. 3 weeks layer it was asked to go back up the slope again......The powertrain crunched ro a stop.This time their fitter came and rang Finnings.I cheerfully parked the D8 up and helped myself to the spanners in the fitters truck.......Pulled tranny filter apart.Was like glitter....... Machine was taken back to Finnings and a few days later was told the transmission and a few other things had litrally smashed to bits.Turns out Finning knew about it somehow when it first gave me bother and noted that the owner ignored it and put it down to a minor electronic fault???? It cost nearly 20k of bits plus Finnings labour......and they wouldn't stand by the warranty. Can't say I blame them.Ignore that seemingly minor problem at your peril

  3. #3nicky 68a2015-10-29 10:49

    Tractor had just over 500 hours only

  4. #4Mwc2015-10-29 19:57

    It has the system one tracks on it with the 6,000 hr. warranty. Tracks came apart at 2,400 hrs. Cat replaced them it only has 1,000 hrs. on the new set of tracks. The tracks are adjusted to specs. All the fluids are full.

  5. #5Nige2015-10-30 05:34

    Based on what Nicky posted above try pulling the magnetic plugs on the final drives and look for signs of metal on them. Also pull the magnetic screen for the transmission and ditto.