Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

price info on 1970 birmingham 28ft tilt trailer 20 tons

huntin24/7 ยท 2010-03-26 20:23

have a 1970 birmingham 20 ton tilt trailer that i'm wanting to sell. 24ft by 8ft deck,it hasnt been used since 1994.my grandpa bought it brand new back in 1971 for $5,500.i know it needs new brake lines.prolly new brakes, the wood on the deck is 3 inche thick oak.doesnt look rotted,and the tires have been holdin air since 1994....what kinda price should a guy ask for...the model number is820-ttr

Replies10
  1. #1CM19952010-03-26 21:30

    Do you know the story on the upside down mounted pintle hitch on the trailer? Don't think I have seen that before.

  2. #2Speedpup2010-03-29 23:10
  3. #3tonka2010-03-30 00:24

    um thats not upside down, its wrong that should be on the truck, and the ring sould be on the trailer.... edit: i guess it is upsde down...

  4. #4CM19952010-03-30 00:29

    That was the point of my question.:cool2

  5. #5Speedpup2010-03-30 01:18

    with a bunch of tongue weight it can't pop off :beatsme:beatsme

  6. #6littlejoe42010-04-20 07:47

    you think of just sticking it in an auction and let the auction house get you what they can for it, its the easy way of course.

  7. #7fredb2011-04-26 23:58

    Can you help me? Dear CM1995 I was trying to contact huntin24/7 on the forum, but I was not able to. Then I noticed you were conversing with him back in March 2010 about this Birmingham 20 ton trailer, so I thought you might know his email address or perhaps his phone number. Or, you might know of an other way how to get a hold of him. I would sure appreciate your help. fredb

  8. #8mitch5042011-04-27 01:28

    Fred, click on his user name at the top of page, try sending him a private message and try an email. His email address may or may not be current, cause it's been a year.

  9. #9fredb2011-04-28 00:24

    Dear mitch504, Thank you for your reply. I tried to click on his user name before but I'm denied access, all I get is either: View profile or View forum, which does not get me anywhere.

  10. #10mitch5042011-04-28 00:54

    Now that you've madse your 3rd post, you should be promoted to junior member soon; then you'll have access to PM and email him. The links are on his profile page. Good luck Mitch