Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pricing 175-200 HP machines in Central US

Supercomp517 ยท 2016-08-08 16:32

Hope this is the place for this kind of question. It's my first post I'm looking for a farm machine to supplement equipment that we already have. (d6b standard - non powershift, K 909 excavator). I need to clear about 60 acres of trees and build a few 1 1/2 - 2 acre ponds. I want a machine to cycle easily and have AC because my dad will be on it 99% of time. I'm looking at D6R's and Deere 850's 10-15K hrs, in the 50- 60K price range. My question is: What kind of price negotiations are normal w/ used equipment on a dealer lot? If it's listed at 70K do I offer them 60 or 65 to start? I know I could ask for anything and the worst they can say is no. I guess another way to ask my question is: On 175-200 HP cab dozers in the US are we currently in a buyers market or a sellers market? Thanks

Replies1
  1. #1JBGASH2016-08-08 22:43

    To get an accurate answer to your question, I would go on Richie Bros website and look at what they are bringing.