Hi guys,Ive just bought an old Priestman Mustang 15 tonner with the Ford 6 pot engine. Runs tracks and lifts well nice and dry on hydraulics. Do you guys have any tips or common problems associated with this machine? be gentle!
My new toy! I believe these Mustangs were a good machine in their day? any tips or advice on running one?
Good day MS I recall attending training for those Mustang 90 / 120 machines which were not bad for that time - Staffa drive motors - Ford or Perkins engines - Hamworthy valve blocks. Unfourtunatly lost the information regarding tech. support. I remember the trainer Peter Ingram had good school at Hull in 1970. Maybe your post should be in the golden oldy's. I noted one 120 recently in a farm sale in lincolnshire. Kind regards Uffex
Thank you for the reply and information
Yes. Mind the high tension cables for a start.
Oo yes LOL
That was my first thought too, could be camera angle but sure looked way to close for comfort and I'm way across the pond over here!
about 60 foot short to be honest
Ha! You beat me too it. I know those lines are a long way away but I was still going to be a smart arse. I don't think I've ever seen or heard of a Mustang excavator. Any history? Oh yeah Welcome to the Forums Mustang Sally!:drinkup I'm going to merge the two threads about this machine into one thread, we like to keep the same topic in the same thread, it keeps the board tidy.
Wonder if there was any relationship with Priestman / Mustang and the rare Ford excavator ? https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-SlChY32MPs
Dont know of any connection between Ford and Priestman either,this is a 120 Mustang 6.2 Ford same engine as my 86 Cargo ; ) My machine has a number plate indicating the year 1981-82
Your Mustang looks to be well built . The adjustable boom is an interesting feature . I think Massey Ferguson excavators also had that option . Got any upcoming projects for the Mustang ?