Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Problem with D5NXL dozer

Tony Sahadew ยท 2016-09-25 13:30

Serial num: CFH00366 Hi there I have a problem with my dozer, the engine switches off while still operating and the engine condition monitor icon flashes red intermittently. The machine can be restarted . Initially the light came on and then off again a few months ago but there was no obvious problems so we continued work Has anyone had this problem? Any suggestions?

Replies2
  1. #1Tony Sahadew2016-09-25 13:36

    problem with dvc492t dozer Serial num: CFH00366 Hi there I have a problem with my dozer, the engine switches off while still operating and the engine condition monitor icon flashes red intermittently. The machine can be restarted . Initially the light came on and then off again a few months ago but there was no obvious problems so we continued work Has anyone had this problem? Any suggestions?

  2. #2hvguy2016-09-25 22:35

    I dont know anything about those, however I would start by checking the obvious. I've worked on older (early 90's) detroit 60 series engines. They have a startup sensor grace period of about 30 seconds. It can run low oil pressure/coolant level etc. A common problem with them would be the coolant level. It goes too low and shuts off. No warning. Hope this helps. Im sure someone more qualified than me will be along.