This is another of my fathers,"Too good of deal to pass up." It hadn't run for 5 years when he bought it, but with the help of an HCEA/Pony Chapter member, we drove it onto the lowboy under its own power-Detroit Diesel power. Ugh. It came with 80 feet of boom. He located a drag bucket, hauled it home,and got a sweet deal on some 3/4" cable, at an auction. The trouble is, both drums are set up for 5/8. According to the book, set up for dragline, it should have one with 3/4, one with 5/8. So, should we just forget about the 3/4 and get some 5/8 for both drums, or should we find different drum inserts?
Learned some more: The 3/4 lagging for the drag is American part number F-9818. 13" in diamater and 11-1/8" wide. With 60 feet of boom, it calls for: 88' of 3/4 cable on the drag. 137' of 5/8" cable on the hoist. 415' of 1/2" cable on the boom hoist, unless pendants are used, then it cuts it back to 180'. I don't have any pendants, I wonder if 415' of 1/2" is cheaper than buying pendants? It also needs two slabs of counterweight inserted into the existing counter weight. Anyone know where one of these is sitting for parts?
american drag hi sled puller looks like a good project the cab looks fairly straight did you get a fair lead with her? looks like she's been set up on a clamshell would make a nice deagline ,as for the pendants id look for some 1"or 1 1/4" wire rope set your boom for the length you want id go for 40-45' with a 3/4 yrd bucket 60' would be more than enough if you didnt hav the right counter weight,and ether find 4 good rope sockets for the ends or go to your local rigging supplyer and ether get the ends crimped on i hav a 30M marion like this and it works well or you can buy the cast ends and put them on your self using a special resin kit supplyd buy the rigging company please post some more photos you dont get many american cranes down under
Yes, the fairlead is on, can't see it in that picture though. And it did come with a clam, I have no intentions of using it, though. I can't find many pictures in the states, neither. Here is a bunch of pictures I found yesterday on a for sale machine: http://www.machinerytrader.com/list...6369746&GUID=603da4e9f1a74b0aa425d925a3648a79
Thats a good looking 300 american Sled Puller.Glad to here you got the 80' boom with it. So many times ,the boom sections get seperated from the crane or lost in the weeds.I would look for a 4-part block for heavy lifting.I use pedants or chokers on my insley crane.An easy way to make a counterweight is concrete.Form up the shape with plywood,add re-barr & brackets to adapt to the crane,pour it & paint it.The detroit diesel is made for cranes.I'm guessing your's is a 4-53 or 4-71.A scrap yard 25 miles south of me ran some americans,they use excavators now.They had a smaller crane in the back that might be a 300.I'l check the next time I'm down there,or holler at me and I will get there phone number.Good luck with it.
Lost to the weeds...or trees, like the 3 sections of boom I looked at yesterday were lost to! Not only were the trees growing through them, but were working on growing around the crossbars. They belonged to a 300 series truck crane in a local boneyard. The owner said he had flipped it over sideways/backwards, when he swung around without the boom on. Good thing to learn! Concrete is an option. Yes, please ask your scrap yard about them, I would appreciate it! Thanks! I'll be in LaPorte Indiana May 29,30,31, for the RPMFest.
ill be at the rpmfest to i live 15 min. from laporte
hey sled puller if u need any parts let me know i got a 300 i think that i'm scraping out and i'm not that far from laporte either if u think u might be able to use some of them. we have everything except the drag bucket and boom.
I have 40' of boom on my K12 Insley. We're going to build two new boom sections to get about 60' total length. When I run out of boom hoist cable I'll just start lengthening the pendants. I hope you have better luck finding info. on the American than I have had finding info. on the Insley.
I never heard of an Insley until you posted Rick, good luck!! Interested in the Cedar Lake machine, email sent. Maybe we can look at it before Laporte show.
my neighbor down the road has 2 Insley drag lines.....set truss's on my buddys pole with 1 of them....buddy up the hill from me worked at Insley's up in Indianapolis in the 70's..
2007 Demag AC 200-1 68 meter 7 Section Main Boom 19 meter Offsettable Jib 200 Metric Ton All Terrain Crane Daimler Chrysler OM502LA 8 Diesel Engine in Carrier Daimler Chrysler OM906LA 6 Diesel Engine in Superstructure 5 Axle Carrier 2 Winches 10x8x8 60 Ton Counterweight Hook Block Demag IC-1 Control System with Color Touch Screen 1600R25 Tires Used Demo Machine with Low Hours American Crane Link Disabled. Ling, you are in violation of the Forum Rules: Aside from “For Sale” forum intended for the sale of member’s personally owned equipment, advertising of goods and services is not permitted unless sponsoring HeavyEquipmentForums A vendor of goods or services may start one introductory thread explaining their product or service and may answer questions about such within that thread. No further promotion of your product or service may be made without sponsorship. If you are interested in becoming a sponsor, click “Contact Us” at the bottom of any page.
Spam!!!