Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

PTO pump issue

Ddickie ยท 2015-09-26 09:37

Good morning all. I recently purchased an '88 L9000 dump. My issue is the dump won't lift. PTO will engage, and the air valve controlling the spool on the pump is clean and moving the full stroke. I noticed with the truck shut off, if I move the air lever in the cab to lift, I can hear air bubbling into the hydraulic oil reservoir. Could this be as simple as an o-ring on the spool valve, or am I looking at a new pump? Truck dumped fine when I bought it. Thanks in advance.

Replies3
  1. #1grandpa2015-09-26 15:51

    The only orings are on the ends to stop the oil from leaking out... could be oil leakage by the spool... could be low on oil.... could be a broken bypass...could be a plugged filter if it has one...could be a worn out pump.... .

  2. #2lantraxco2015-09-26 16:56

    If it has the integral air shift unit on the valve it's defective if you're getting air in the oil system. Guessing that it's pushing an air bubble into the suction side of the pump and then the pump loses it's prime, but that's a reach. Can you manually shift the spool from the other end to see if it will lift or?

  3. #3Ddickie2015-09-26 21:35

    Thanks for the help guys. Broke down and bought a new pump today. Works great now.