Heavy Equipment Forums Heavy Equipment Community

Pulling case 550E dozer radiator

Jaydb ยท 2018-05-12 18:13

New here and this is my first post. I have my radiator leaking on my newly acquired case 550e dozer(think it's a 1995 year) and I need to pull it to take to repair shop. Looks like it has 2 transmission lines going into bottom which most be for cooling in radiator. When I pull those off will I loose a lot of fluid? I was thinking of plugging them so I don't loose much. Also when I put radiator back in and hook trans lines back up do I need to do anything to get air out or will it all push through with no air lock or problems? Don't want to harm the tranny. Please advise

Replies4
  1. #1Jaydb2018-05-12 18:46

    Also what oil do I use for transmission oil?

  2. #2Coy Lancaster2018-05-13 21:53

    Welcome to the forum. You can remove the radiator by removing the grill and "X" bar and the fan shroud. When you remove the trans cooler lines then cap and plug the fittings. There are two mounts on the bottom of the radiator and two upper mount straps on the upper sides the radiator will come out then, don't forget to drain cooling system and remove radiator hoses. Also when you reinstall radiator and begin to refill system you need to remove the plug from head beside the temp sensor to bleed air out of head and block.

  3. #3Jaydb2018-05-14 08:11
  4. #4Jaydb2018-05-14 08:13

    Thanks for the advise and appreciate it! Didn't know about pulling plug....will do!